• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Hmmm it seems Konami's game for the Switch was Hyper Sports R?

I'm really unsure about the Vergeben leak getting everything right. Seriously without the Castlevania games Simon Belmont feels a little weird...kinda makes me want to take him off my prediction.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Sorry if it was already discussed, but is it just me, or is Snake on a new Mother stage? View attachment 148126
The mushroom seems unfamiliar to me.
What Hinata said, but I should add that it seems really unlikely that they'd add that as the Earthbound stage given all their other options, especially Moonside, which should already be a stage.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I’ll say that it’s interesting to watch the poll at the top change to a lower average now
Yeah, I would recommend everyone change their vote if possible to accurately think modern thought.
Really doubting more than 10 newcomers now.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Has anyone an explanation on why Snake's icon has change to this ?

View attachment 148127

It may be because he's a third party or something with a contract with Konami, but I don't get exactly why they didn't keep the Foxlike Brawl icon

Someone has an idea ?
From what I heard, the previous icon was apparently related to Kojima, since he has nothing to do with Konami anymore, I guess they just changed the icon for that...

I'm not sure though...

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Ok, I'm gunna make a bold prediction. Alph is an Echo Fighter, he just hasn't yet been announced as one.
Basically it comes down to idk why they wouldn't make him one and I don't know why they wouldn't have announced him as one if he is. But I'm going to say he is (honestly just needed to fill a quota for my next prediction roster lol I'll probably be wrong).
Alph is a costume. He's in olimar's Fighter video.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, I would recommend everyone change their vote if possible to accurately think modern thought.
Really doubting more than 10 newcomers now.
I'm starting to think that 75 may be the magic number, in regards to the base roster, but maybe that's a little bit too much.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
At this point, how many more newcomers should we expect? I'm wanting to say at least 5 more

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
You do realize king k rool is more requested than Ridley right?

Because he's the most wanted in USA and Japan have you seen all of those fan polls? King k rool won almost all of them and there is japan focused polls on this he wins those as well

Besides I heard something on they are picking newcomers based off how we voted on that that boat is looking more than good on float so logically king k rool is within the top ten on that.
Not at all aware of that, and find that a little hard to believe. I saw MANY more articles about Ridley, including rumors about his inclusion (with fake leaks for Sm4sh and stuff like that) than about K. Rool. I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley has a bigger following here on Smashboards, but I think as a whole, Ridley has a much LOUDER fanbase, at the very least.

Also: CroonerMike CroonerMike I remember you as well!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't sleep on Pokemon getting a newcomer. It did get a large number of returnees through Pichu and PT (Squirtle and Ivysaur), but that doesn't mean it can't get another Pokémon as it is a large franchise, and Pokémon will always have notable options to choose from. SM also serves as an anniversary game for the franchise, so it would have a milestone element to its characters.

Similarly, I don't think Elma is out of the running. X does seem to be considered a subseries of the Xenoblade franchise as developers have commented on getting it ported to the Switch and making a sequel, so it's not like it's going to be a forgotten game by any means. It's also one of the stronger options from the previous era and Elma as a character is a great option due to the strength of her potential movepool, so she would still make sense as an option.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but Eevee is still a Pokeball Pokémon. It was shown on stream according to ResetEra, and you can see it in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment when Lucario uses his Double Team in his video.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well, right now, this is what I am currently thinking about:

Not going to make a full roster at the moment due to not knowing enough information about Echo Fighters. The total number of fighters (counting Echo fighters) would make my current prediction roster 80 characters. 80 sounds like too much, but I am considering the possibility to be decent, considering the huge number of "impossible" tasks Sakurai has currently done such as bringing back all veterans, making Battlefield and FD versions of every stage, and implementing Ridley.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Elma and the Rex + Pyra suggestions for Xenoblade are pretty plausible, but there's a lack of someone in that final smash of Shulk's yknow.

It could be Reyn time. :drflip:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
From what I heard, the previous icon was apparently related to Kojima, since he has nothing to do with Konami anymore, I guess they just changed the icon for that...

I'm not sure though...
It was the old Kojima Productions logo, as well as Foxhound, but the latter doesn't matter.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Not to continue griping, but did people notice that a lot of Squirtle's moves were changed? Functionally I didn't notice much other than using his shell less, but he seems to follow the trend pretty hard of acting as anthropomorphically as possible.
Can we get Wartortle as a semi-clone that has his old animations?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You guys must buy in to a lot of commercials if a simple rebrand will get you thinking that clones are somehow different or more special this time around. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Clones are easier to develop and got their own title, people go nuts with this kind of stuff.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
People who think this is a port are being silly. It is clearly meant to be a huge celebration of Snash as a whole hence the veterans and stages. The gameplay seems mechanically different already for a demo build and the visuals and UIs got a overhaul.

There is 6 months and DLC left for new stuff. The pessimism people are showing is silly to me.
I actually really like that aspect of it. Previous Smashes were meant to be a celebration of Nintendo and Gaming as a whole. And while Ultimate does continue that trend, it does feel more like the intention is to be the Ultimate celebration of Smash as a series. And I love that!

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
This is nitpicky but Alolan Vulpix is confirmed as well. I believe the match they were in was the one from the Invitational between the cosplaying fans.
Didn't actually know that. That's pretty neat to know.

Comparing the number of Pokeball additions in each game:
Melee: 15 gen 2 Pokemon
Brawl: 14 gen 3 and 4 Pokemon
Wii U/3DS: 17 gen 5 and 6 Pokemon

By this trend, we should be seeing around 10 more gen 7 Pokeball Pokemon. Granted, this could less given the emphasis on adding back old content. I'm particularly surprised we have yet to see any of the Alola starters, starters are always pretty obvious Pokeball contenders.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm liking my chances of Verg just being wrong about Simon, looks like I won't have to eat a shoe after all! :)

splat splat The one on the left is the Fluttersquash- When thrown it acts as a spring. Similar to the "helicopter hat thing" from Mario, when a character bounces on it, they slowly fall, and spin around.
The item on the right is a Skullboom- Instead of throwing this, when the player presses the a button they do a "wind up" animation and release it. It then searches out the nearest opponent and explodes on contact. Like Bowser Jr's Down Special.

Now you have to keep in mind that I'm actually making all of this up though, and have no idea what the items are or what they do.

Last edited:
Clones are easier to develop and got their own title, people go nuts with this kind of stuff.
Yeah, but last time, it was going nuts negatively. People HATED Dark Pit here and complained about Lucina and Dr mario all the time.

Now people are actively wanting direct clones. Go figure
:061:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Well, right now, this is what I am currently thinking about:

Not going to make a full roster at the moment due to not knowing enough information about Echo Fighters. The total number of fighters (counting Echo fighters) would make my current prediction roster 80 characters. 80 sounds like too much, but I am considering the possibility to be decent, considering the huge number of "impossible" tasks Sakurai has currently done such as bringing back all veterans, making Battlefield and FD versions of every stage, and implementing Ridley.
I know it’s just a prediction but seeing Skull Kid on your list make me cry of happiness, makes me want to ask though, why is he?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Geno, Simon, K. Rool, Dixie (and maybe Scorpion) still seem possible to me. Around 50 % or higher.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, but last time, it was going nuts negatively. People HATED Dark Pit here and complained about Lucina and Dr mario all the time.

when you get everyone back and you dont have the reasoning "dark pit got in but mewtwo was cut!!!???" etc... its easier to be cool with clones *ahem* "echo characters".

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Still no clue why Sakurai bought a robot figure with a gun. Elma or Mach Rider? Was it a tease for an AT or a character?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Mercurial fanbase being mercurial.

when you get everyone back and you dont have the reasoning "dark pit got in but mewtwo was cut!!!???" etc... its easier to be cool with clones *ahem* "echo characters".
People still can and will play that game with newcomers though. "K. Rool didn't get in but we got Daisy?!"

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
any word from verg?
He said something along the lines of "keep waiting, there are things they haven't revealed yet." So, if Simon is to be revealed, he'll be revealed at a later date.

I stand by my prediction of 9 new characters besides the ones we have now. 5 new characters, 4 echoes.

New:
1. Elma
2. Isaac
3. Simon Belmont
4. Rayman
5. Chorus Kids

Echo:
1. Dixie Kong
2. Chrom
3. Dark Samus
4. Medusa

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

People had the idea that they were "wasting space" or "wasting a roster slot" because of some character being cut. Since Sakurai brought everyone back in the first place, that just brings us back to a standstill, and people are getting desperate for some characters now.

Waiting a whole decade for potentially nothing when you got nothing again 2-4 years earlier ain't easy. :081:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom