• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So once the direct finish, what else will be there to see? Will it be the invitational? And could we see it from the same link for the direct?
There's the invitational, and then the Treehouse will show off Smash 5 gameplay right after the Direct finishes.

Zeox

Smash Champion
You know, for the past days I saw everyone being pretty calm and thinking before writing... and now we all are losing it and getting more and more crazy.
It's beautiful.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, for the past days I saw everyone being pretty calm and thinking before writing... and now we all are losing it and getting more and more crazy.
It's beautiful.
Just wait till the direct starts. That's when the true madness begins :colorful:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I want vergeben to be right cause its a very good character reveal lineup for E3 that I totally want.... but at the same time I want to be surprised so I'm thinking my best case scenario is Vergeben is right but they also show another character or 2 beyond what he "leaked"....we'll see soon enough, HYPE!!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
In under 15 minutes, the train departs from the station, Inklings and Sakurai at the engine.

And also under 14 mins now until Etika dies of a heart attack.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I have risen from the dead to silently lurk through the thread at everybody's responses and MAYBE join in. Feels good to be back, folks. <3

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Okay, kinda last-minute posting what I expect/want from veterans on top of my head:

- No cuts (if the game reuses Smash 4's assets)
- :popo::wolf: return (maybe :snake: as well if Vergeben's rumors are correct)
- :4mario: gets a semi-revamped Odyssey-based moveset (for ex. Cappy throw)
- :4luigi: gets more Luigi's mansion stuff, with a greater implementation of the Poltergust
- :4peach: gets a Final Smash based on Super Princess Peach (Emotions possibly?)
- :4wario:gets his Shoulder Bash back as his F-Smash
- :4dk: gets as a Final Smash either something based on OG DK or something like the Finish Blow from Returns/TF, or Animal Buddies
- :4link::4zelda: get a full moveset revamp based on BOTW, the former gets Stasis Rune as Final Smash
- :4sheik: gets a new design loosely based on Link's Sheikah costume from BOTW
- :4ganondorf: gets fully decloned as well as a new design based on a hypothetical "Avatar of Calamity"
- :4samus: gets Samus Returns design, plus a semi-revamped moveset based on that game
- :4dedede: gets Buff Dedede as his Final Smash
- :4fox::4falco::wolf: get their Star Fox Zero design (and :4falco::wolf: respectively get Arwing and Wolfen)
- :4pikachu: gets Catastropika as his Final Smash
- :4greninja: gets Ash-Greninja as either a costume or a Final Smash
- :4lucas:gets PK Love as Final Smash
- :4lucina: gets Luigified
- :4darkpit: gets Luigified
- :4alph: becomes separate from :4olimar:: the latter gets his Brawl moveset back and the former keeps Smash 4's moveset, plus maybe Rock Pikmin
- :4rob: gets a Final Smash based on Gyromite
- :4villager: gets a costume based on his New Leaf design
- :4ryu: gets Ken as an alternate character
- Other characters from the OG 12 get some minor tweaks here and there to make them feel more like accurate depictions of themselves

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
261 people here, eh?

I wonder how far we'll get into the Direct before Crashboards.

I'm ready for anything, direct-wise and Smash-wise.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just made it back home, and I'm ready to watch the Direct.

One thing to keep in mind - if a character that you like doesn't get confirmed today, there's still plenty of time between now and the game's release, so don't be upset.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Just made it back home, and I'm ready to watch the Direct.

One thing to keep in mind - if a character that you like doesn't get confirmed today, there's still plenty of time between now and the game's release, so don't be upset.
Of course, of course.......... but Ridley now or riot.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Alright, I'm out for now. I'll be back after the Direct. Everyone enjoy, and I'll talk to you after the crash :p

Iridium

Smash Hero
9 minute boys! LET'S. GO. This is a make it or break it for Ridley fans right now.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Welp, we're on the once-in-a-lifetime cusp of the next Smash installment. Tensions are high right now, so what better than to temper a moment of calm with a brief speech?

When it comes to this Smash, a lot of tension is high in the community right now. A lot of people have different expectations for this game, and there's a lot of emotions running high on those expectations. With that, we've really had the Brawl iteration of this system going for nearly a decade. So there's a hope that we're about to see something huge for this proud series. Something that may very well bring all sides of the community together.

Personally, I've been eager & anxious about this installment more than anything. But what assuages how radical or redundant this game could be, is that we have another chance to get a good number of those characters we've been clamoring for. Some left off from the Smash 4 cycle, or even years in the making.

If there's anything to take away from this, always remember that we've been afforded this chance again, and we should take it clearly as if it were the last. Good luck, everyone.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Watching this is gonna be hard but I'll give it a shot!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Welp, we're on the once-in-a-lifetime cusp of the next Smash installment. Tensions are high right now, so what better than to temper a moment of calm with a brief speech?
Exaggeration much? Unless a lifetime has been redefined to the time between Smash titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom