• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well, a big show or something's coming up soon, who can say, so why not share some stuff here? I've put together two rosters: one that uses (mostly) my best guesses at the Smash Switch roster, and one that I would most enjoy using the same number of characters.

I'm happy that you would like to see Micaiah <3

(and also Kos-Mos)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Definitely Kirby. He has an infinte pool of abilities to pull from yet he’s been trash since melee.
Eh?

Wasn't he good in Brawl?

Not great but good.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So there was a topic on Gamefaqs that asked which vets you think will be revealed at E3. So might as well ask what predictions you guys have. Here's mine:

:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4yoshi::4wario2:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik:
:4samus::4zss:
:4kirby:
:4fox:
:4pikachu::4mewtwo:
:4falcon:
:4ness::4lucas:
:popo:
:4marth::4feroy::4corrinf:
:4pit:
:4villager:
:4shulk:
:4duckhunt:
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
:4pacman:
:4ryu:
:4cloud:
:4bayonetta:
:snake:

This is based on the silhouettes, the rumors about smash items at E3 and Vergeben, my theory of the DLC vets being used to advertise to non SSB4 owners, Villager being very safe, and 3rd parties only being revealed at E3.
Sorta late but I wanted to answer. This is based on the silhouettes, and MOH stage setting leak.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4duckhunt::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4samus::4zss::4pit::4marth::4yoshi::4falcon::4ness::4fox::4pikachu::4wario::4bayonetta::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:

This plus 5-6 newcomers giving us a 29-30 E3 roster. I say this is pretty good. Especially since this game could have up to 70 characters.

(I noticed all of the original characters are in the silhouettes but not Jigglypuff. The devs have been giving a lack of respect to the puff.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does anyone know when Konami is scheduled to reveal their games? Will we be getting confirmation of what those two Switch games are before Tuesday?
Yes, when is Konami's press conference?

This could make or break Vergeban.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Yes, when is Konami's press conference?

This could make or break Vergeban.
Konami doesn't do press conferences like EA / Microsoft / Bethesda / Sony / Nintendo do. Or at least, not anymore.
If they show anything, it'll likely be at said company's respective conference. For example, if they have a PS4 game to show, it'll be in Sony's conference. If they have a Switch game to show, it'll be in Nintendo's, etc.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Another day passes with the knowledge that Yoshi has no tether recovery. Hopefully those days will come to an end
Another day passes with the knowledge that King K. Rool is not in Super Smash Bros. Hopefully those days will come to an end

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Another day passes with the knowledge that Yoshi has no tether recovery. Hopefully those days will come to an end
I can’t wait for us to learn literally nothing about Smash except that Yoshi has a tether recovery. Yoshi will be the only character during the tournament and there will only be a plain black and white Battlefield to fight on.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I can’t wait for us to learn literally nothing about Smash except that Yoshi has a tether recovery. Yoshi will be the only character during the tournament and there will only be a plain black and white Battlefield to fight on.
That would be a nightmare even for someone like me...

:yoshi:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
And to be clear, Yoshi won't even be able to fight. Only tether recover.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you footstool Yoshi, you will now be able to actually mount him and ride him off a cliff just like the game!

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Reggie and other Nintendo employees are in town now, so keep an eye out on Twitter and whatnot, many people should be getting their Nintendo lanyards today.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Those Nin-Ninjas are getting paid overtime for plugging the major leaks, and dealing with those with loose lips.
They just plugged every leak with Ridley becuase he is TOO BIG for anything leakage to get past him.

:troll:

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Chances of King K. Rool at e3?

I think the Verge leak will end up being fake

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
soooooo since ea already failed horribly, even having ppl booing their presentation, not impressing anybody downplaying anthem somehow, i am pumped for the rest of e3 already guys, however if everybody just wont deliver anything this e3 then its boring.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
First off, don't double post.

Second of all, while I think K. Rool is likely, I don't really see him as E3 worthy.

soooooo since ea already failed horribly, even having ppl booing their presentation, not impressing anybody downplaying anthem somehow, i am pumped for the rest of e3 already guys, however if everybody just wont deliver anything this e3 then its boring.
Wait, did people boo their conference? I didn't hear any booing.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman

Second of all, while I think K. Rool is likely, I don't really see him as E3 worthy.

it was IF I REMEMBER RIGHT when they announced their battle royale at the end of the battlfield part, i dont know if it happened aswell for the command and conquer, honestly ea messed up with this presentation

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

I think if K. Rool is in he will have dual reveal trailer with Dixie after e3 like what Robin and Lucina had.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
EA's E3 is one I wouldn't object to sleeping through - exactly what I did (because it was at 4AM Australian time anyways - I don't know if I can handle the Nintendo E3 Press Conference at 2AM...) Not exactly anything hype there, except I've cautious optimism for Anthem. So yeah, cautious optimism for Anthem and Kingdom Hearts III's release date finally being announced were the only hype things of E3 Day 1 for me.

Otherwise, there's nothing special for EA this time. They'll be outshone by the Smash Bros reveal in a few days time anyways.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Chances to be in Smash? No idea.

Chances for 10/10 sideboob? 100%
I like those odds :shades:

EA's E3 is one I wouldn't object to sleeping through - exactly what I did (because it was at 4AM Australian time anyways - I don't know if I can handle the Nintendo E3 Press Conference at 2AM...) Not exactly anything hype there, except I've cautious optimism for Anthem. So yeah, cautious optimism for Anthem and Kingdom Hearts III's release date finally being announced were the only hype things of E3 Day 1 for me.

Otherwise, there's nothing special for EA this time. They'll be outshone by the Smash Bros reveal in a few days time anyways.
Agreed on Anthem, but a supposed lack of PvP and always online DRM is a big turn off tbh.

And yeah, waking up at 2AM when I have work 2 hours later is the realest struggle :urg:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I think the Verge leak will end up being fake
Ignoring the leak for a miute, if King K. Rool is in and Ridley is not then King K. Rool would most likley be one of the E3 reveals.

Even better, a double bill reveal with Dixie Kong

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It may not be the Pokemon we all want, but it is truly the one we deserve...
*grab giant flyswatter* *SMACKS and electrified it into oblivion* Sorry, damn Mosquitoes, they always get bigger every time around this season. So, what this true alpha pokemon you wanted to show us I'm excited to see it.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
what if the smashbros trailer we get, is an hd remade melee trailer, with added characters and stuff, but the music is very very similiar, they could easily bring in ridley and others again, and the hype would be unreal. since melee was an e3 hilight and the reaction to that was one many remembered

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Sakurai Bias triples her chances of getting in
If any other KI character's getting in because of bias, it'd probably be Viridi. She was the one KI character that got a costume despite no one asking for her to be added, and even got to show up in the codecs when no one else besides Pit, Palutena, and Dark Pit (well, and Chrom, but he's a weird exception anyways) did. With those two things considered, Viridi seems like the one Sakurai favors the most.

:094:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

EA's conference was just about what I expected, incredibly standard, failing desperately at connecting with gamers, and tiptoeing around controversies. Their Anthem presentation was pretty shady aswell, they didn't really show or talk much about gameplay, they just threw a bunch of generic phrases out there while showing concept art and visuals, the feeling I was left with afterwards was that something has probably gone wrong somewhere in development and it's not on track. At the very least we probably got the worst presentation out of the way first.

I'm interested in seeing Microsoft next, Nintendo and Sony are bringing the big guns, so they'll really need to raise the roof with something. They really can't rely on their usual IPs, Gears of War, Forza, Halo and a bunch of non-exclusive titles won't cut it this year, not in my opinion at least.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
EA's conference was just about what I expected, incredibly standard, failing desperately at connecting with gamers, and tiptoeing around controversies. Their Anthem presentation was pretty shady aswell, they didn't really show or talk much about gameplay, they just threw a bunch of generic phrases out there while showing concept art and visuals, the feeling I was left with afterwards was that something has probably gone wrong somewhere in development and it's not on track. At the very least we probably got the worst presentation out of the way first.

I'm interested in seeing Microsoft next, Nintendo and Sony are bringing the big guns, so they'll really need to raise the roof with something. They really can't rely on their usual IPs, Gears of War, Forza, Halo and a bunch of non-exclusive titles won't cut it this year, not in my opinion at least.
Yeah, Microsoft needs something big and I'm worried it's going to be Minecraft 2.

Like some executive saw falling numbers and said "sequel our best selling game now!"

On that tangent, if Steve is in Smash I hope he isn't as broken as he was in Super Meat Boy. Maybe he's limited to 5 dirt blocks or something

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If Minecraft is so great, why wasn't there a Minecraft 2

Wake up, America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom