• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
EA's conference was just about what I expected, incredibly standard, failing desperately at connecting with gamers, and tiptoeing around controversies. Their Anthem presentation was pretty shady aswell, they didn't really show or talk much about gameplay, they just threw a bunch of generic phrases out there while showing concept art and visuals, the feeling I was left with afterwards was that something has probably gone wrong somewhere in development and it's not on track. At the very least we probably got the worst presentation out of the way first.

I'm interested in seeing Microsoft next, Nintendo and Sony are bringing the big guns, so they'll really need to raise the roof with something. They really can't rely on their usual IPs, Gears of War, Forza, Halo and a bunch of non-exclusive titles won't cut it this year, not in my opinion at least.
yeah anthem was my horse i did bet on until i saw and heard about all the ea hardcrap of last year
i have a big hang to metroid prime because its not a battlefield, it isnt a cod, it is about the journy and the envirement, atmosphere and cool gameplay, the thing it, after destiny bit the floor, destiny 2 tricked everybody, and most shooters become just clones of eachother i had real hopes here,

the main problems are this always online crap, shady gamebreaking real money ****, and broken basegames and anthem hasnt answered many questions, also since this presentation just tries to hide anthem desperatly, i wont buy this game at release, i mean i just want a complete game that is fun and can be played when all servers are dead...
until i know this game has any value i wont buy into anything, for battlefield and all the other titles im not impressed, ea aparently doesnt know how to talk to the consumer, and thus they dont know what the consumer rly wants
its a shame rly
today we also get limited run games, and they will also have switch titles there, and with death stranding close this e3 wont be completely nintendo focused,

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If Minecraft is so great, why wasn't there a Minecraft 2

Wake up, America
Sakurai: This E3, we wanted to reveal something big. So we’re here to tell you that Ridley will not be appearing in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. Our first newcomer is...RIDLEY 2.

-strobe lights flare up as rock music and pyrotechnics erupt, the stage is barraged with women’s underwear as the crowd roars with excitement-

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So if the incredibly unlikely happens and Microsoft announce a Banjo sequel or remake at their presentation how will that affect Banjo's chances?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Now, thinking about it, remember wreck it Ralph?
Wreckitralphgroup.png

And now in the next Kingdom Hearts...
01d.jpg

So... thinking about a possible deal between Nintendo and Disney doesn't sound too impossible...

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Now, thinking about it, remember wreck it Ralph?

And now in the next Kingdom Hearts...

So... thinking about a possible deal between Nintendo and Disney doesn't sound too impossible...
Nah because he technically didn't originate in a videogame.

Prediction
Sakurai: "Several stages from Smash Wii U and 3ds return"

Shows Pyrosphere and Ridley

Sakurai: (laughs)

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
also about the crash spyro leak against the vergeben leak,
if anybody has said it already, but the spyro leak was basicly half true so far wasnt it?
i mean yeah he had things wrong but still some things right so maybe both leaks are right, crash gets in and ridley comes in
and he just mixed up ridley up with spyro? i mean they look alike to some extend if you see it from afar and without glasses

leaker1.jpg

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't see Wreck-it Ralph in Smash. I could see a Costume for Donkey Kong in Wreck-it Ralph's gettup.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
if anybody has said it already, but the spyro leak was basicly half true so far wasnt it?
i mean yeah he had things wrong but still some things right so maybe both leaks are right, crash gets in and ridley comes in
and he just mixed up ridley up with spyro? i mean they look alike to some extend if you see it from afar and without glasses

View attachment 147524
Wasn't the Spyro leak from the guy who called the date Nintendo would announce the online services but got all the details about it wrong?

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the Spyro leak from the guy who called the date Nintendo would announce the online services but got all the details about it wrong?
technicly half wrong if i remember right, he also predicted the sonic racing game, but got the title wrong, and said only some characters have vehicles

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
technicly half wrong if i remember right, he also predicted the sonic racing game, but got the title wrong, and said only some characters have vehicles
We knew about the Sonic racing game way before the Spyro leak

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Is the “Spyro leak” also the one where he said Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi would all be playable in Mario Odyssey with 80 extra moons each?

Ha. Ha ha ha.

Also no. Spyro leak got that horrible new Sonic Racing game completely wrong.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Medusa, eh?

I'd be fine seeing her. I just hope she's a fun character to play as, and isn't tied down to some gimmick that pretty much a lot of Sm4sh newcomers were.

"Medusa can turn people into stone. As such, you can only attack her from the back or when she's not facing you. This makes her an exceedingly fresh character."

P.Kat

Smash Champion
But seriously, Viridi appears on a 3DS stage, is apart of the guidance's (has a voice actor), has a post ballot mii costume, and has a trophy in the 3ds version.

Viridi for smash 5
Although I mostly want Phosphora to be the next Kid Icarus newcomer (yes I'm aware she didn't get as much as role as Viridi), I wouldn't mind if Viridi got in before her.

Well, a big show or something's coming up soon, who can say, so why not share some stuff here? I've put together two rosters: one that uses (mostly) my best guesses at the Smash Switch roster, and one that I would most enjoy using the same number of characters.

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen anyone added Lyn, and Krystal to the roster it's nice to see that from time to time. However, removing ZZS, and Roy, and adding in what are technically two Pokémon trainers I'm not so sure of that, but other than those two things I like it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Medusa, eh?

I'd be fine seeing her. I just hope she's a fun character to play as, and isn't tied down to some gimmick that pretty much a lot of Sm4sh newcomers were.

"Medusa can turn people into stone. As such, you can only attack her from the back or when she's not facing you. This makes her an exceedingly fresh character."
"Shortly after you KO her, Hades takes her place. You'll have to KO him too before you get credit for KOing Medusa. This makes her an exceedingly fresh character."

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That Inkling Trailer was so hype (thank you, Heath! I have no ResetEra account but I adore your avatar there!), but I really hope that is not all the Inkling CGi we'll get. I'd love to see just a little interraction between them and the veterans. I really wanna see a Turf war where everyone shoots ink and Mario just goes around ruining everyone's fun with FLUDD.

Really cannot wait. I really hope nothing leaks, I wanna see them live reactions when [insert character] is revealed, since no matter who it is, it will be hype. XD

monadoboy

Smash Lord
They were the only character no one asked for during a period where everything seemed about fans and fan wet dreams.
Except hipster me, who voted Azura lol
I was actually super exited to see Corrin make it in because I didn't expect a character I'd like, being the hipster I am.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
That turning to stone thing if attacked from the front sounds really overpowered.
I'm being slightly facetious, but I wouldn't put it past Sakurai. This is a man who saw how over the top Bayonetta was, said "this is fine", and spent over 10 minutes essentially gushing over how OP she is.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Pikachu.

I don't care what the tier lists say, Pikachu has always been one of the worst characters in the series and it desperately needs an update.
GIVE PIKACHU IRON TAIL.

I've wanted Iron Tail for Pikachu since whenever it was that it debuted in the anime.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
GIVE PIKACHU IRON TAIL.

I've wanted Iron Tail for Pikachu since whenever it was that it debuted in the anime.
You'll get Electro Ball and you'll like it.
Rip Volt Tackle, replaced by this **** move in the anime

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope Spyro Reignited Trilogy is confirmed for Switch this E3, along both Crash and Spyro as newcomers. They would wreck the world.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Guys there is this E3 Nintendo leak with all the games they are gonna talk about:
8ab.jpg

Can't wait for that new warioware game.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That pic is gonna get you in trouble.

ass is censored.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

View attachment 147524
Seriously guys, why are we STILL bringing that leak up when the leaker HIMSELF said "I made this up, the date was complete coincidence"?

But if it had been true (or if he guessed right again), I'd be incredibly salty.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Nintendo Switch XL and New Nintendo Switch has left me positive that this list is fake. Also, where is Yoshi’s Flipping Island?
Hold on.

The two Switch additions were your clue that it was fake.

BUT "WARIOWARE: SHOVE IT UP YOUR OWN ASS GAME" SEEMED LEGIT?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom