• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What do you guys think the trailer on Tuesday will be like? Do you think it'll mainly be cinematic like Brawl's or feature mainly gameplay like the Smash 4 trailer?
I'm still betting on two trailer.
*One opening the Direct a la Brawl with Veterant/Newcomers*
*Then a segment with Sakurai explaining stuff-*
*Insert whole non-smash direct*
"I hope you enjoyed this presentation...Oh, but one more thing- Please take a look"
*Insert special newcomers/Third party trailer*

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'm hoping for a stage hazard toggle that keeps the stage platforms and whatnot. α Stages or something.
The ability to change options in matchmaking. I would occasionally like a For Fun stock match, and I always, ALWAYS want 2v2 to be stock. Last I checked even For Glory 2s were time based which is just infuriating and totally changes the meta surrounding actually winning.

A stage hazard toggle would be one of the single best additions to any Smash, ever.

Voting on stages and even song choice would be a cool little addition while on the waiting screen.

I would also LOVE (but will never get, I know) a kind of Jeff Kaplan ala Blizzard approach to balancing the game and taking fan concerns on board going forward. Someone who’s actually inundated in the community and understands competitive play on the QA team would just ascend this game to untold heights, yo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I guess the key could be Klefki.

Which would be hilarious for all the right and wrong reasons.
I would legitimately try to main Klefki. It's one of my favorite Pokémon, if not my favorite. :p

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
View attachment 147386
Finally found one of these at a local game store for only $40. You think they'll do another GC Controller reproduction for Smash 5?
It won't do you any good if the GCN Controller Adapters are no longer being sold at retail stores. Also, if I recall correctly, the GCN Controller's Control Stick is more prone to become wobbly than the Wii U Pro Controller's Control Sticks.

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I will be fine with SSB Setto
Cause every synonym of battle have been used for fangame at this point
So this could work

(Please don't be smash switch)

My realistic prediction is Super Smash Bros !
It's becoming a trend in videogame to name their latest game like that
(Battlefront, God of Wars)

Smartz

Smash Cadet
Better singleplayer content. They could show no new characters but give me an adventure mode and I'd be happy.
NGL I think if adventure mode is announced first I'd just be ok with E3. It also makes me mad that Nintendo doesn't get the stage until Tuesday...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Don't feed the troll, guys. Move on.

Here's a question; what non-character thing do you guys want revealed the most at E3 for Smash?
i would also be excited by better singleplayer content, like an adventure mode.

Also i would be very hyped with the announcment of a better stage builder. like a more powerful one, to surprass stage builder wiiu.

and finally, a new mode, like king of the hill or 6 player coin battles.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I know that I thought Simon & Snake weren't bound to happen in my eyes, but if the leaks were true, then we finally have the N Team trio (Pit, Mega Man, & Simon Belmont) Not counting Captain N, Lana & Duke; heck not even a Game Boy; though it would be a nice touch if Nintendo acknowledges the sheer existence of Captain N, which is honestly slim to never.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I know that I thought Simon & Snake weren't bound to happen in my eyes, but if the leaks were true, then we finally have the N Team trio (Pit, Mega Man, & Simon Belmont) Not counting Captain N, Lana & Duke; heck not even a Game Boy; though it would be a nice touch if Nintendo acknowledges the sheer existence of Captain N, which is honestly slim to never.
Careful what you wish for. You might hear Pit ending his sentences with -icarus.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I am Nintendo, here are the characters:

I will post more tomorrow if you give me your credit card number.

Last edited:

Chron

Smash Journeyman
People think there’s gonna be over 13 new characters? What.
It's kinda ridiculous.

I just hope Sakurai is like
Sakurai: "ALRIGHT EVERYONE, today I will announce, Smash 5 is going to have... 20 NEW CHARACTERS!!! "

The 470 people who said 13+: "HAHA, told you so!"

Sakurai: "...and they're all Fire Emblem Reps!"

The 470 people who said 13+: "..............................."

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Can we just.. stop giving attention to those "riddle" leakers that don't know an ounce of mystery, and give stupidly obvious images as "Clues"

whats the difference between something as atoundingly obvious and just saying" uh, simon is in smash". none.

This is how i would "leak" those characters.

As you can see there is some ambiguity here, this images could hint more than one newcomer, more than one concept, yet! if you are cultured enough, and have some knowledge of the characters leaked, it shouldnt be too hard.

I will Like 3 posts in a row to anyone who tells me which characters im "leaking" and explain me why.

PD: you guys already know the characters, is like, free likes!
The first: Type: Null? No idea really.
The second: The prometheus nod can indicate Rex & Pyra or any Xenoblade Character because of spoilers. The Greece stuff can be a reference to Kid Icarus characters.
The third: Simon Belmont becauce there are some Saint George references in the game, and Ridley as the dragon?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I heard some kind of FE talk twenty something pages ago and I want to contribute....

Give Roy, Cloud and Marth English voices please. FE is no longer outside of Japan.
Marth had his Japanese voice in Smash 4 seemingly as a carryover...for some reason. Or maybe because they had more important stuff to take care of and it just became too low priority. Either way, it'd be nice to see him and Roy be voiced in English now that we've been seeing full voice acting in FE games and spinoffs as of late.

And I heard the reason Cloud didn't have an English voice was because they weren't able to get Steve Burton into the studio to record in time. I don't know how reliable that information is, but if it's true, it shouldn't be a problem this time round.

Anyway, back to Smash. What were y'alls favorite newcomer trailers? Mine was probably Bayonetta's, Lucas's, or Shulk's.
Nothing will top Robin's trailer for me. The surprise after we'd all expected Shulk, the sheer validation of my most wanted character getting in for the exact reasons I'd thought he had a shot, and being the one to kickstart speculation again by proving the leak that had hung over the community's heads was not comprehensive.

Now if only he hadn't been written off as a lost cause competitively as soon as the game launched...

Anyone want to critique my roster that's specifically made up of half oddball predictions? No? Okay, have it anyways.

Sorry about being late to the response. Had a lot going on.

Seems like despite your "oddball" picks, this is a pretty grounded roster for the most part. Captain Toad, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Bandana Dee, the Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Rayman are all on the safe side of things, and Isabelle and Elma aren't too much of a stretch either. Ridley's there because of all the rumors going around, and Simon and Snake due to the big rumor going around, and with how said rumor could go either way, they're not too unusual.

Though your stranger picks are...definitely strange. Kamek feels really out there to where I'm not sure he'd even be considered. DK Jr. is another weird one since you specified he wouldn't be a clone, and I'm not sure they'd feel the need to add two retro characters. Ganon feels risky, especially since we haven't seen that form in battle in a new game since...Four Swords Adventures, I think? You only ever fight Yuga merged with him in A Link Between Worlds. I'm honestly not sure what to think of Karate Joe--a Rhythm Heaven character isn't too outlandish since we know they looked at RH last time around, but it's hard to say who from it they'd go with. And then with Pikmin 3 long finished, I'm not sure they'd feel like making Alph a clone would be very high priority compared to other potential late-add bonus clones like Funky Kong.

And then there's Lycanroc, but I can't speak much on that due to conflict of interest since there's a decent chance I'm the one responsible for it being there, haha.

Your DLC picks are also pretty well thought out. Spring Man and Rex definitely seem like DLC frontrunners if they don't make the base game, Sylux will have the perfect window of relevance, a Gen 8 'mon feels like a reasonable guess if DLC goes through the end of 2019 (especially since Decidueye is absent here; there'd be the option for Gen 8's grass starter), and I presume K. Rool is a Ballot pick? Though I'm not sure a third Konami character would get the nod over other options, and Sora has so much red tape due to apparently being a Disney property that he might not be worth the hassle. Might I suggest also putting a spot for someone from FE16 in the DLC list?

Overall, your roster has this unusual mix of reasonable picks and off-the-wall stuff. Definitely has its own identity, and isn't nearly as outlandish or blind to guidelines as others I've seen.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just a thought with Simon Belmont. Nintendo likes to avoid any religious references, especially in localization. Could this affect how his presented, or his chances in general.

Then again, we got Bayonetta with lots of angels on her stage.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought with Simon Belmont. Nintendo likes to avoid any religious references, especially in localization. Could this affect how his presented, or his chances in general.

Kid Icarus

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Careful what you wish for. You might hear Pit ending his sentences with -icarus.
As long as it’s Uprising Pit idc cause I’ll love it

There’s also Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem with their God stuff (Greek and...anime)...also Zelda

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Wow, what a puzzling enigma. okay i will try to solve the intrinsic mistery that you have raised.

First pic, is one of the champions for Breath of the wild. When the champions managed to master one of the sacred beast, they were given blue pieces of cloth that they donned proudly, as they accompanied Zelda and Link on ther journeys. which one? i dont know, lets see teh other images.

Second pic... uhmmmm red ball, red character? red skin, certainly you are hinting a character with red skin .... wait! you are also hinting at a polearm weapon, and as you CLEARLY showing on teh fourth pic, you are illustrating the concept of change in time, or evolution. The zoras have been known to be in almost all of Zelda games, and yet they have changed and evolved radically over the centuries.

so we have a champion of breath of the wild, with red skin, uses a polearm and is a zora.

You are hinting Mipha... right?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Newer Nintendo doesn't care as much. The ESRB leak showed that they showed all things referring to angels and Demons off to the rating board, but it was all okayed.

Plus the Devil has been an Assist since Brawl.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

Alright, let me see here:
  • Bandana = Alfonzo from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. He wears a bandana on his head.
  • Red sphere = Minior from Pokemon Sun and Moon. He looks like a red sphere, amongst many other colors.
  • Spear = Ephraim from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones. He is notable for being the only Fire Emblem lord to primarily wield a spear over swords or axes.
  • Bandana Waddle Dee = Grand Mam from Kirby Star Allies. Bandana Waddle Dee originally appears in the Kirby Super Star Megaton Punch minigame, in which an Iron Mam was the final opponent. Grand Mam is the ultimate version of Iron Mam, and would promote the most recent Kirby game, so it makes sense.
I think I got it right. I can't see any other character it could be.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

The first is Snake because he uses a bandana, the second is obviously Wonder Red, look at the colour. The third is Ephraim from FESS, since he uses a lance, and the fourth is certainly a round and brown or orange creature. I would bet on swinub to represent the second generation of pokemon games.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The first: Type: Null? No idea really.
The second: The prometheus nod can indicate Rex & Pyra or any Xenoblade Character because of spoilers. The Greece stuff can be a reference to Kid Icarus characters.
The third: Simon Belmont becauce there are some Saint George references in the game, and Ridley as the dragon?
some good ones and some bad ones, gonna PM you the answers, but enjoy your 3 unrelated likes anyway.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Can we just.. stop giving attention to those "riddle" leakers that don't know an ounce of mystery, and give stupidly obvious images as "Clues"

whats the difference between something as atoundingly obvious and just saying" uh, simon is in smash". none.

This is how i would "leak" those characters.

As you can see there is some ambiguity here, this images could hint more than one newcomer, more than one concept, yet! if you are cultured enough, and have some knowledge of the characters leaked, it shouldnt be too hard.

I will Like 3 posts in a row to anyone who tells me which characters im "leaking" and explain me why.

PD: you guys already know the characters, is like, free likes!
1: Monika because why not.
2: No idea.
3: Legendary Ephraim.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Newer Nintendo doesn't care as much. The ESRB leak showed that they showed all things referring to angels and Demons off to the rating board, but it was all okayed.

Plus the Devil has been an Assist since Brawl.
Pretty much this. Albeit, Pit himself wasn't heavily religious even in Brawl, besides, you know, being an Angel. A lot of it stuck to the lore of the Greek stuff to a large degree.

I never played Uprising, so I don't know how much it removed of the "let's censor stuff". Then again, I don't remember the original Kid Icarus being censored much either.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
1: Monika because why not.
2: No idea.
3: Legendary Ephraim.
sorry, but none of those :c (although i could see why ephraim, are there any evil dragons in sacred stones?)
Ironically the same post have the answers, i was more interested in people finding the reasoning of the images, and why they hinted those characters...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Check this out:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

He mentions Emily Rogers on the roster deal, and that piece of info making me sweat heavily.

The next few days are going to be suffering for me as someone banking on Sora in Smash Switch.
I wouldn't lean on Myles if I were you. He's gone all in on false rumors in the past and apparently shilled Marcus a lot earlier in the year. He seems more the type to piggyback on other rumors than anything.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
For the record, do any of the tourney players going to the invitational have smashboards accounts?! We need to make them crack....

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Medusa is kinda attractive when you take out the snakes in her hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom