• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Since I really don't want to see potentially legit leaks, with Tuesday already approaching pretty quickly, do you guys think I should abandon ship for the next few days until after the invitational?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Did that guy ever leaked anything before? We gotta dig stuff now.
His story of him having a source telling him about the whole roster a month ago seems odd
Also, I can somehow feel that he could be the one behind the whole riddler stuff....

WHY GOD DAMNIT SHOULD PEOPLE MAKES FAKE LEAKS WITH SIMON ****ING BELMONT AND SORA IN THE SAME PAGE

Looking through his tweets, he just says the following:

"the source ive been in contact for over a month now has told me a lot regarding smash on the switch, including the full roster. to be fair i cant bluntly say who these newcomers or comback characters are, although like @ArcadeGirl64 I jumped out of my seat"

Sounds like a piggybacker. He's been keeping up with recent "leaks" and is using Vergeben and the imgur thing as a basis.

Nothing to see here. Move on.
That's true- Though...Ergh, I don't think the imgur leak exist for over a month...But sadly, that's true, I think he's full of ****.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Looking through his tweets, he just says the following:

"the source ive been in contact for over a month now has told me a lot regarding smash on the switch, including the full roster. to be fair i cant bluntly say who these newcomers or comback characters are, although like @ArcadeGirl64 I jumped out of my seat"

Sounds like a piggybacker. He's been keeping up with recent "leaks" and is using Vergeben and the imgur thing as a basis.

Nothing to see here. Move on.
Yeah, that's what I thought. The mention of "knowing the full roster" pretty much killed it as usual. When will these fake leakers learn that "revealing the full roster" is the biggest hole you can fall in when making them.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know his reliability, I just saw this guy and he mentioned Emily. I am skeptical as of now, but this info is making me pour sweat from my skin.

I went on Google, and apparently, he said there would be a Pokemon Nintendo Direct on the 25th of April back in April 23rd of this year. Obviously, there wasn't one, so I don't think he can be so trusted. Here is the tweet in question.

https://twitter.com/man_myles_/status/988461503022907392

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Gosh dang I just want to know if Ridley's in the game so I can enjoy the rest of the reveals!!

I mean I'll enjoy them anyways but I just want to know if my beautiful purple space dragon is playable!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Did that guy ever leaked anything before? We gotta dig stuff now.
His story of him having a source telling him about the whole roster a month ago seems odd
Also, I can somehow feel that he could be the one behind the whole riddler stuff....

WHY GOD DAMNIT SHOULD PEOPLE MAKES FAKE LEAKS WITH SIMON ****ING BELMONT AND SORA IN THE SAME PAGE

That's true- Though...Ergh, I don't think the imgur leak exist for over a month...But sadly, that's true, I think he's full of ****.
Also, the full roster being leaked?

Not a chance. I don't even know if anyone except Sakurai knows the whole roster. He could just as easily have person A do half of the roster balancing for character A and person B doing the other half. In fact, since we've yet to have an entire roster leaked, I'd bet he does do something similar to that.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Since I really don't want to see potentially legit leaks, with Tuesday already approaching pretty quickly, do you guys think I should abandon ship for the next few days until after the invitational?
I would definitely consider abandoning ship until Tuesday. If you want to remain spoiler free, I'd jump now. It's really hard for me though because I love speculating with everybody and basking in all the hype!

Chron

Smash Journeyman
IMG_20180608_222334_hdr.jpg

Finally found one of these at a local game store for only $40. You think they'll do another GC Controller reproduction for Smash 5?

Troykv

Smash Master
I think you already know my stance on Micaiah back in RTC. :L

I personally love Adeleine, but eh, I am content with Bandanna Dee for right now. She is nowhere near as popular as Dee during the project plan for me to see Sakurai consider her. ;_;
Oh.... I remember...

It is very hard to imagine Micaiah becoming playable at this point, much like with Anna. Like I said before, at best, the FE newcomer will be chosen heavily based on promotion. Celica has the edge in this regard. Even then, that promotional scenario is somewhat unlikely and I do not see any new FE promotional characters coming unless they are last-minute clones. Micaiah is just too far from the FE spectrum to be considered at all. The time has past.

x5 Tom Nook
Yeah... Well, thanks to answer about Ado :D

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Full roster being leaked? Lol where's the fun of building up suspense in that? If anything we're gonna get between 20 to 30 characters revealed by the end of next week

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I have 100% faith in Ridley at E3.

My weak heart has given in again.

Lord hath mercy on my heart.

Everyone seems to be piggybacking on verg and imgur...

I’m certain we’ll get some sorts of leaks soon, I’d atleast like to know about the mechanics.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I have never been a Ridley fan but thanks to you guys, specially the ones from the post-brawl speculation days, today he is one of my most wanted characters. I feel as if I am a better person now. Renewed an purified of all sin. Thank you brothers and sisters.
As for Ridley, all I ask is thy kingdom come and thy will be done.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I have never been a Ridley fan but thanks to you guys, specially the ones from the post-brawl speculation days, today he is one of my most wanted characters. I feel as if I am a better person now. Renewed an purified of all sin. Thank you brothers and sisters.
As for Ridley, all I ask is thy kingdom come and thy will be done.
From the bottom of my Ridley-loving heart, thank you. <3

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Uh...Digging through that guy's tweet show that he think the name of the game is Super Smash Bros Clash.

Guess it will be even easier to know if he's full of ****, the moment the Name Leaks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For those that don't believe the whole roster deal from the Twitter guy, how much credibility do you think Emily Rogers holds since she said she knows some part of the roster?

Uh...Digging through that guy's tweet show that he think the name of the game is Super Smash Bros Clash.

Guess it will be even easier to know if he's full of ****, the moment the Name Leaks.
We will have to see what happens.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

Honestly I hope this is real. I want Sora in SO bad for you and some of the other wonderful folks here. Even if Ridley doesn't get in, but Sora does, I'd be so happy for you and everyone else.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
What if the image hints/ leaks aren't meant to be taken so obviously.
What if they're actually much more difficult hints and everyone's just misunderstanding the intended hints.
What if the key isn't relevant and it's the "Do not duplicate" that's supposed to be the hint.
Perhaps a character that isn't supposed to be cloned, reproduced or replicated.
Maybe they're intended to be obviously misleading.

Probably not, that'd be too interesting.

Last edited:
Gosh dang I just want to know if Ridley's in the game so I can enjoy the rest of the reveals!!

I mean I'll enjoy them anyways but I just want to know if my beautiful purple space dragon is playable!
. . .man this just made me realize that over the past few weeks i've tunnel visioned on Ridley.

Sora? Dixie? Elma? Rex? Incineroar? who?

I've completely focused on the purple space dragon all over again. In the end nothing changes. This is going to be an intersting E3
:061:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This post may be helpful to everyone.

How to tell a fake leak 101:

“X character will get into Smash!”

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What if the image hints/ leaks aren't meant to be taken so obviously.
What if they're actually much more difficult hints and everyone's just misunderstanding the intended hints.
What if the key isn't relevant and it's the "Do not duplicate" that's supposed to be the hint.
Perhaps a character that isn't supposed to be cloned, reproduced or replicated.
When one of the hint is ****ing "Simon say..." I don't think he would go that far

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
. . .man this just made me realize that over the past few weeks i've tunnel visioned on Ridley.

Sora? Dixie? Elma? Rex? Incineroar? who?

I've completely focused on the purple space dragon all over again. In the end nothing changes. This is going to be an intersting E3
:061:
That's EXACTLY what I've done too...100% tunnel visioned on Ridley. Not that I want to change, mind you, but I'm excited to see any new characters when I have those tiny, tiny lapses in my Ridley tunnel vision.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm tired of leakers, but on the other hand I don't have the ability to sleep for three days straight. Ah well. :/

SirAileron

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirAileron
3DS FC
4339-2495-8012
The joke wil be that Ridley doesn't make it, and instead the pterodactyl from Ice Climbers becomes a playable character.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Uh... Well-
Who wanna go through all of those damn tweets?

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Haha this guy is full of crap. Dont believe him for even a second. Anybody can be a leaker nowadays

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The joke wil be that Ridley doesn't make it, and instead the pterodactyl from Ice Climbers becomes a playable character.
Knowing Sakruai is a troll, I'm afraid to see this happen

But we are going to LOVE it dammit!

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Uh... Well-
Who wanna go through all of those damn tweets?
Literally NOBODY wants to go through somebody's tweets to find stuff they've said that might be true. This is smelling like bs.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Finally accepted that Sora won't be in after the Imgur leak being debunked
>Some random tweeter dude try to play Clues by hinting at him

I ****ing hate this planet, Can I do like in Persona and directly go to bed tomorrow morning to pass the days until E3?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think I have a theory on the newcomer theme this time.

The first trailer at the end felt kind of like a cliffhanger. So what I think is that each trailer will be a sequel to the previous trailer. So the next one we'll see will probably be a continuation of the first one that show's the Inklings moveset and show a teaser for the next trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom