• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
People are really riding on ridley being announced at e3. I'm like 90% positive if he ever gets in as playable, he gets in as an unlockable meaning he probably wouldnt get unveiled at e3 anyways

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So, I know literally no one except me is thinking about Xenoblade Chronicles X, but it occurred to me while listening to the soundtrack today that the theme for Noctilum is a remix of the theme of the planet Mira itself.

Given that, would a Noctilum stage best represent the planet of Mira when compared to other continents? I saw a comment that mentioned how Noctilum being a jungle means it's closer to the will of the planet and its lifeforce, which is why the music is similar. It makes sense, given the nature of the planet.

Also, yes, the name of Mira's theme is z5m20i12r04a28. It's meant to be decoded into "Z5-Mira 2012/04/28"
I was literally part of a XCX conversation yesterday. You missed it

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Imgur leak is a leak that claims knowledge of (supposedly) the entire roster, I'll post it as spoilers below
Inklings
Ice Climbers
Mimikyu
Elma
Chorus Men
Takamaru
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Ridley
King K. Rool
Medusa
Porky Minch in Spider Mech
Samurai Goroh
Simon Belmont
Sora
Geno & Mallow
Snake
Probably not legitimate, likely a piggyback of vergeben's leak in my opinion.
Bro if Sora gets into this game I will die.

People are really riding on ridley being announced at e3. I'm like 90% positive if he ever gets in as playable, he gets in as an unlockable meaning he probably wouldnt get unveiled at e3 anyways
Ridley isn't E3 material IMO. Seems more like a regular Nintendo Direct reveal.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I mean they can still announce him because he'd generate a hell of a lot of hype. If he's in the game, there's no way he'd be a secret character. Unlockable, maybe, but secret, no.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Disagree, Especially with Metroid prime 4 this year.
Ridley is a first party character of greater notice than Palutena, who was revealed at E3 the year smash 4 came out. He upholds a very big reputation in the smash fandom, and it'll be a topic of debate how a boss became a playable character.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean they can still announce him because he'd generate a hell of a lot of hype. If he's in the game, there's no way he'd be a secret character. Unlockable, maybe, but secret, no.
Okay, but imagine bein' the first dude to get Smash 5 and unlock Ridley without anyone knowin' he's in the game beforehand.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Are we allowed to post strawpolls? I'd honestly like to see how many people believe in the Vergeben/Imgur/Ridley rumors heading into E3

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Okay, but imagine bein' the first dude to get Smash 5 and unlock Ridley without anyone knowin' he's in the game beforehand.
While that would be really cool, I think that it'd be best for generating hype to let people know he's in the game before it comes out. I'd rather know before launch day than after launch day personally. Imagine being Zeb and letting someone else play Ridley first.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Ridley has been one of the most requested characters since Melee. He'd totally be E3 material IMO on the grounds of arguably the most debated character finally becoming playable, and Metroid finally getting a new rep that isn't another version of Samus.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They're not going to relegate one of their most hype inducing characters to an unlockable. And if they do, they're still going to use him in promotion anyway.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
So, I know literally no one except me is thinking about Xenoblade Chronicles X, but it occurred to me while listening to the soundtrack today that the theme for Noctilum is a remix of the theme of the planet Mira itself.

Given that, would a Noctilum stage best represent the planet of Mira when compared to other continents? I saw a comment that mentioned how Noctilum being a jungle means it's closer to the will of the planet and its lifeforce, which is why the music is similar. It makes sense, given the nature of the planet.

Also, yes, the name of Mira's theme is z5m20i12r04a28. It's meant to be decoded into "Z5-Mira 2012/04/28"
One of my main gripes with that soundtrack is how stupidly named everything is :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So be fair...

I would have said Wii Fit Trainer and Palutena weren't E3 material either but...

We got them then.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
see honestly by this point my purchase of this game relies on those two getting back in

i refuse to except that simon sora a geno and mallow tag team and your mom can get in smash before squirtle and ivysaur can return

EDIT: ewwww i put except instead of accept :^(

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
You know... if Simon Belmont is in the game, ust think of that juicy juicy castlevania level (inb4 is filled with medusa heads), and all those tracks they could put inside. speaking of which, how much of you guys knoe about castlevania music? do you guys have a personal favorite, a particular OST that makes you weep?

Another day less for e3 yadda yadda, and here i bring you another Castlevania tune from yet another completely unrelated game, and today i bring you Castlevania Lamment of Innocence... and dude i ADORE this OST from start to finish. even the cutscene tracks are amazing (even if the story is corny as hell)

And i cant overstate how much i love this song. the ghostly theater had an amazing dual ost, having a very creepy ambient music in one part of teh teather, just as a juxtaposition of this beauty whit calm harps, strings, flutes and chorus, such a relaxing melody, except when you peek beside the curtain, and the brass almost literally explode revealing a gaping abyss beyond the mask.

Like Castkevania curse of darkness, Lamment of innocence isnt an incredibly great game, but what did it right, it did amazingly. plus the hard mode is actually extremely fun and while challenging, not unfair.

If you are just seeing this posts ,please feel free to browse the previous tracks, and takle a dive into castlevania history, and the long impression that caused in systems like the NES, SNES, PSX and GBA.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
About time Kaiba got in. Smash has needed a new Yu-Gi-Oh rep for a long time now.
Then let's get Joey instead. Joey in Smash would be cool.

So, leaks start tomorrow, huh? Well, I'm not going anywhere, because I don't mind getting spoiled. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. Anyone else who doesn't want to see the leaks, though, feel free to abandon ship when you choose to.
I'd prefer to go in without knowing things since it's so close, but it's not like knowing ahead of time of things to come would ruin the hype for me. I'd be just a little less hype due to already knowing what's coming. But it's Smash, I'm excited regardless.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean.

Palutena was one of the Smash Boards Elite Four after Mega Man was confirmed for Smash 4.

Hardcore fans definitely wanted her.

For reference the Smash Boards Elite Four were...
Ridley, K.Rool, Little Mac, Palutena

With Mewtwo as the champion!

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Well people can't text leak the way the game plays, so I'm fine with character leaks because I'll still have that to look forward to.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
People may think that Ridley is a niche character, and in a way he is, but in terms of the greater Nintendo community it’s the perfect inclusion. If they added Inklings for mass recognition and excitement then Ridley is the perfect character to please the core of the Nintendo fan base.

The internet is an echo chamber. If one group of people freak out about Ridley then the whole internet is set on fire. And that is definitely what’s going to happen if he’s revealed.

Palutena was my favorite reveal of that day, easily.

Mother****ing reference to the anime and being a character from my new favorite game with a bunch of moves! It was awesome!

. . .and then I played her :(

:061:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So be fair...

I would have said Wii Fit Trainer and Palutena weren't E3 material either but...

We got them then.
I understand Villager, Mega Man and Pac-Man, but when it comes to the order of the others, I wonder what the reasoning was.

Suppose vet reveals being tied to game releases played a part.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I mean.

Palutena was one of the Smash Boards Elite Four after Mega Man was confirmed for Smash 4.

Hardcore fans definitely wanted her.

For reference the Smash Boards Elite Four were...
Ridley, K.Rool, Little Mac, Palutena

With Mewtwo as the champion!
Well, yeah. But I mean, come on. She’s a secondary character from a low-rung franchise. I would say the exact same thing about Ridley if it weren’t for his infamous status within Smash Bros. itself. Even the most casual of the casual know about Ridley from all those cool articles that demonize- I mean talk about his fans.

Regardless, you have a point.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I understand Villager, Mega Man and Pac-Man, but when it comes to the order of the others, I wonder what the reasoning was.
What about Mii Fighters?

I thought they made sense for an E3 reveal.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Yeah, I would've thought that Duck Hunt would have been better to reveal at E3 as that "wtf" sort of thing they seemed to be going for. Wii Fit left quite a few of us scratching our heads, but Duck Hunt would've made people freak out with excitement while also scratching their heads. Palutena I really have no answers for, though. Maybe because she showcased the whole custom moves thing.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Palutena was the most boring newcomer and most boring reveal in my opinion. Especially for E3.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What about Mii Fighters?

I thought they made sense for an E3 reveal.
I guess. I suppose that's the time news of the game will make the most waves, but the E3 crowd are certainly not the ones with the greatest affinity for the Miis. And pretty much every direct at the time had Reggie and Iwata.

It was probably mostly because their trailer was tied to the amiibos, and they made their physical debut at E3 that year.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Final calls everyone! Quick before something get leaked. Place yer bets!

Come on Ridley, Simon, and any grass type Pokemon

*Crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom