• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To me, the biggest Nintendo series are Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokémon and Splatoon.
I'd put Fire Emblem right below them, alongside maybe Donkey Kong and Yoshi?
I see Fire Emblem as more popular than Kirby, Pikmin, Star Fox and especially Metroid nowadays
I'd go for a placement off :4mario::4pikachu::4link:a tie between:4marth::4villager:, place DK and Yoshi in the Mario series like they technically are (even though they’re also an extension of the universe), and then Splatoon...:4samus:will definitely take her place as 4th or 5th place back when she makes the ultimate comeback

Nintendo is pushing really hard for FE to be big, I think they might be pushing too hard, Just release Fire Emblem Awakening on Switch and Boom, instant success just by doing a port

I'm just thinking about when Metroid Prime 4 comes out, if it is as good as the old ones then Metroid's popularity will skyrocket from just one game
Heroes alone is a good enough reason for Nintendo to push the series, and so far it’s working

Yeah I've thought about the before. Listen up people, I'm only going to say this once. "Joker" is from Persona. "The Joker" is from Batman.
John Doe usually uses both names (also Mr.J)

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, as a huge Zelda fan I hope there's no Hyrule Warriors content whatsoever in 5mash, not when it comes to playable characters anyway.

It's not that I dislike HW or anything, it's just that the Zelda series has been stuck with the same 4 characters (counting Toon Link as an updated Young Link) for three games in a row while continuing to release countless games with a ****-ton of characters full of potential. It'd be a bit frustrating if it took a freaking spinoff to finally get something new out of Zelda content. I'd rather get any one-off villain/sidekick/supporting character from any Zelda game before Lana, who I don't even consider to be a part of the series.
In contrast I'm a huge Zelda fan who never played Hyrule Warriors (because I don't like Dynasty Warriors gameplay) who would be excited for Linkle or Lana (mostly Linkle though) in smash

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
About the FE hate/too many swordfighters talk
Put Celica in. That's all what I want. 7 Fire Emblem characters? 7 Fire Emblem characters. :p

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
if i could pick the fire emblem characters

Marth, Anna, Azura, Robin

with just four characters we can have the whole weapon triangle + magic

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I've thought about the before. Listen up people, I'm only going to say this once. "Joker" is from Persona. "The Joker" is from Batman.
Funny thing is? Joker and The Joker are both proper names depending the actual work. As noted as well, Mr. J. For instance, in the show, The Batman, it's just Joker. And his nickname for The Batman is Batsy. You get the idea. There's no "specific" name here. There's more than one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
About the FE hate/too many swordfighters talk
Put Celica in. That's all what I want. 7 Fire Emblem characters? 7 Fire Emblem characters. :p
Lyn = Celica...make one an alt and the other a full on character...one of them ain’t enough

What is this FE hate you speak of? Everyone knows that Camilla is the best waifu

no seriously I ****ing loathe Camilla
You hate the character or the body?

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I would honestly be ok with Anna, Celica, and/or Lyn being added on top of the existing fe roster, and I'm someone who was irrationally upset at Corrins inclusion

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't like Ephriam, but you people don't hear me complaining about it.

Harumph!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The worst part about Smash needing to be Rated A in Japan (E+10 in other places) is that Mara would make a fine Assist Trophy if Joker were in.

He was Number 1 for the most popular SMT demon for the Strange Journey remake's popularity poll.

But Sakurai wouldn't allow a green pingas on a chariot in Smash.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Lyn = Celica...make one an alt and the other a full on character...one of them ain’t enough

You hate the character or the body?
The character. Too creepy and reminds me of my mother with her overprotectiveness and stalking personality. No thanks

Khao

Smash Lord
In contrast I'm a huge Zelda fan who never played Hyrule Warriors (because I don't like Dynasty Warriors gameplay) who would be excited for Linkle or Lana (mostly Linkle though) in smash
I'd be fine with something like an assist trophy, but there's so many better choices for a Zelda newcomer that I'd just be instantly and permanently salty over Linkle or Lana's inclusion, haha.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The character. Too creepy and reminds me of my mother with her overprotectiveness and stalking personality. No thanks
If it makes you feel even more uncomfortable, she can marry Corrin and/or her technical stepbrothers

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FE is honestly probably fine with what it got in Smash 4's base roster.

Marth, Ike, and Robin coming back is basically assured. Then I'd say we get one or two of the following: Lucina, Lyn, Roy, or Corrin. Then whatever of the veterans don't make it on to the base roster probably return as DLC.

If Lyn doesn't get tapped as a newcomer, the only other likely character I see getting added is Anna. But that's really iffy. If we don't see Anna and especially if we don't see Lyn, I'm fairly confident we don't see any FE newcomer.
Celica being a Lyn alt does a huge disservice to her and doesn't really make any sense.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But they're not even similar.

It's not even a matter of Lucina vs Marth, because at least Lucina is: Related to Marth, disguised herself as Marth, and wields the same weapon as Marth.
Lyn and Celica have next to no similarities, other than being female FE protagonists.
if i could pick the fire emblem characters

Marth, Anna, Azura, Robin

with just four characters we can have the whole weapon triangle + magic
But we'd lose out on the Manakete class with the removal of Corrin, and not only would we lose out on the "Heavy hitting sword character" with Ike, but Ike is also very popular, and that undoubtedly would be received poorly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The worst part about Smash needing to be Rated A in Japan (E+10 in other places) is that Mara would make a fine Assist Trophy if Joker were in.

He was Number 1 for the most popular SMT demon for the Strange Journey remake's popularity poll.

But Sakurai wouldn't allow a green pingas on a chariot in Smash.
This is a ****ing shame.

It would be hilarious to see the Great Mara use Hell Thrust on Mario and the roster.

Plus his trophy would reference the infamous "Mara went for the throat" line from SMT II.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
FE is honestly probably fine with what it got in Smash 4's base roster.

Marth, Ike, and Robin coming back is basically assured. Then I'd say we get one or two of the following: Lucina, Lyn, Roy, or Corrin. Then whatever of the veterans don't make it on to the base roster probably return as DLC.

If Lyn doesn't get tapped as a newcomer, the only other likely character I see getting added is Anna. But that's really iffy. If we don't see Anna and especially if we don't see Lyn, I'm fairly confident we don't see any FE newcomer.

Celica being a Lyn alt does a huge disservice to her and doesn't really make any sense.
I meant make one of them a character and the other an alt, as in Lyn could be her own character or a Lucina alt and Celica could be a full character or Robin alt. One of them is an alt, other gets their own character slot = happy enough fans
Thanks for giving me more of a reason to dislike the character

And this is why I keep her FARRRRRRR away from Corrin
I kept her with Ryoma and the Wolf Boy

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For those of you who aren't aware.

Mara is a penis demon.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It's not even a matter of Lucina vs Marth, because at least Lucina is: Related to Marth, disguised herself as Marth, and wields the same weapon as Marth.
Lyn and Celica have next to no similarities, other than being female FE protagonists.

But we'd lose out on the Manakete class with the removal of Corrin, and not only would we lose out on the "Heavy hitting sword character" with Ike, but Ike is also very popular, and that undoubtedly would be received poorly.
Look at what I said slightly above if you’re confused by what I said...cause I ain’t saying they’re the same kind of character

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I assume they meant Celica being a clone of someone else. Like Robin?
Maybe. Celica as Robin alt could theoretically work....but Robin already has male and female alts. And then I don't really think Celica has a significant chance of being on the roster as seperate character, even as a clone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luminario

Smash Lord
I wouldn’t do that far, but Fire Emblem is definitely getting a massive push to become one of their top series (:4mario::4pikachu::4link::4kirby:and then :4marth:followed by :4villager::4samus::4fox::4falco::4olimar::4shulk:, the “ possibly concluded” series:4pit::4littlemac::4ness:...then:4marth::4falcon::4wiifit::4sonic::4metaknight:)
I'm assuming the Marth near the front of the list is the right one as opposed to the one in the 'dead series zone' right? I really don't think FE is above AC in regards to being one of Ninty's top series. It may beat it in regards to how long it's been around and the number of games, but I have heavy doubts about it being on par with AC's popularity. AC deserves a nice little spot to the right of Kirby there.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would post a picture, but I don't particularly feel like risking my account.
Another reason why, as popular as he is, he can't make an appearance in Smash. Not even as a trophy.

Hence why Jack Frost or Cerberus or even Mettatron would be the best options for SMT demons as Assist Trophies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm assuming the Marth near the front of the list is the right one as opposed to the one in the 'dead series zone' right? I really don't think FE is above AC in regards to being one of Ninty's top series. It may beat it in regards to how long it's been around and the number of games, but I have heavy doubts about it being on par with AC's popularity. AC deserves a nice little spot to the right of Kirby there.
I ended up changing my mind later on...well when it comes to AC and Kirby

Maybe. Celica as Robin alt could theoretically work....but Robin already has male and female alts. And then I don't really think Celica has a significant chance of being on the roster as seperate character, even as a clone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If she’s doesn't have a massive chance in Smash...alts (yeah there’s gender swapping, but have some FE characters be alts gets them in the game)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
*Wants to know how Mara looks*

*Searches on Google*

I thought you were joking guys, it's literally a green penis with wheels lol.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Nah, I meant it as if I could have decided from the start. So Ike and Corrin would have never been in. So I guess it would look something like this?

SSB64: No one
Melee: Marth
Brawl: Marth + Anna
4: Marth, Anna, Robin
4 DLC: Azura

You have a point though that Manaketes would have no representation so maybe Tiki could be in there somewhere? Those 4 (+ Tiki) are just the ones I think make the most sense and fit in the best.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Another reason why, as popular as he is, he can't make an appearance in Smash. Not even as a trophy.

Hence why Jack Frost or Cerberus or even Mettatron would be the best options for SMT demons as Assist Trophies.
I feel Metatron might be disbarred what with the religious stuff

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Seems Joker conversation has died off. My time has come to return to my lurking state...

:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:
Aww I liked having you here. It's nice to see someone with so much passion and excitement for their most wanted :) I feel the same way about Ridley as you feel about Joker.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nah, I meant it as if I could have decided from the start. So Ike and Corrin would have never been in. So I guess it would look something like this?

SSB64: No one
Melee: Marth
Brawl: Marth + Anna
4: Marth, Anna, Robin
4 DLC: Azura

You have a point though that Manaketes would have no representation so maybe Tiki could be in there somewhere? Those 4 (+ Tiki) are just the ones I think make the most sense and fit in the best.
I couldn’t get down with this

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

*Searches on Google*

This is just scratching the surface of SMT demons. Stuff gets preeeeeeeetty weird sometimes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I feel Metatron might be disbarred what with the religious stuff
True.

Knowing Sakurai, he would avoid referencing the more religious looking demons.

Especially the angels, Lucifer, Satan, yhvh, Lilith, Succubus, Incubus, and a hell lot more.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

*Searches on Google*

Oh, how I wish we were joking.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Y-yeah, that be terrible.

*secretly deletes 1000 word essay for why Shantae should come to smash*
omg me too!!!

*posts 1000 word essay for why Shantae should be in Smash and be the new President of the United States of America*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom