• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Yes, but for Mario Kart the characters don't matter much, and for Pokken they only had one new characters.
If Smash gets 4 new characters, I'd prefer them not shooting all hype upon us at once.
I'm just saying expecting to see NO new characters revealed in the first Smash trailer seems silly.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So Nintendo pretty much just spoiled their top 2 surprises for next year, because they didn't have anything to show this year. That was fun.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
E3 isn't over yet, there's still Treehouse to go through, a lot of crazy stuff could still happen.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
So is it safe to say no Smash port?

Pretty disappointing E3 overall. At least the Kirby game looked cool. Not a big fan of them announcing games but not actually showing anything, but at least Metroid Prime 4 is being made I guess.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So is it safe to say no Smash port?

Pretty disappointing E3 overall. At least the Kirby game looked cool. Not a big fan of them announcing games but not actually showing anything, but at least Metroid Prime 4 is being made I guess.
I mean I'm with you, but a console Pokemon AND Metroid Prime 4 was confirmed. 2018 will be a great show at least, pretty bummed right now though.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I will say, I wasn't really expecting Smash to make an appearance this presentation. These is still a chance of it being shown after Nintendo's Tournament stuff, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
They can always show it for another day.

There has to be some sort of Smash game on Switch.

Also Pauline for Smash.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wasn't much but what was there was good. Except when they talked about Rabbids again. But Mario Odyssey made sure that wasn't the weirdest Mario game on display.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If we don't get Smash by next year we probably won't see a 7th gen Pokémon playable. Which is kind of sad; I liked a lot of the 7th gen Pokémon.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I didn't want a Smash Bros. U port anyway. I want NEW games. So I'm not too disappointed.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I was right, and I'm so sad about it. HOWEVER, I do think a direct will be coming our way in October/November/or December and we may see Smash then. *grasp at more straws*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... Metroid Prime 4, new Yoshi, new Kirby, and new Pokemon... very nice!

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
New game ? On MY treehouse ? What is this sorcery ? And Metroid with Samus as the main character ? Making it TWO new Metroid games ?
A new main core POKéMON game on Switch too ? We are just missing a F-Zero and a Mother game for it to be the weirdest year.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
By day the end of day 3 I bet there will be 1 or 2 new games announced on the treehouse not including the metroid remake. Betting superstar saga dx is one of them though.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
They just randomly announced a new 3DS metroid, dont give up hope for smash yet!
The spotlight was Switch exclusive that's why it wasn't revealed there. Smash for Switch would obviously be a Switch game, so if it were to be revealed it would have made more sense to reveal it during the spotlight.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's a Metroid 2 remake, still big though.
So there is a new Metroid game for the 3DS and it is an official remake of Metroid II Return of Samus?

No wonder Nintendo wanted to cease and desist that fan remake.

I was quite pleased at Nintendo Spotlight. Might even get Switch on Christmas, thanks to Kirby, Yoshi and Pokemon.

No Smash is not a disappointment to me, as I didn't expect it to show up.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Now the main thing I am wondering about is when Smash Switch will be announced if it is indeed coming. My guess is possibly the next Nintendo Direct but who knows. I suppose we could end up waiting 'till next years E3.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I think I'm going to assume that there most probably won't be a Smash port and that we're getting a brand new game instead at a later date. Not that I mind, I'd prefer a new game over a port anyway.
Although I guess with a new mainline Pokemon game in the works, I guess gen 7 will most likely suffer the same fate as gen 3 and 5 did before it and get overshadowed by gen 8 for Smash Switch.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I think I'm going to assume that there most probably won't be a Smash port and that we're getting a brand new game instead at a later date. Not that I mind, I'd prefer a new game over a port anyway.
Although I guess with a new mainline Pokemon game in the works, I guess gen 7 will most likely suffer the same fate as gen 3 and 5 did before it and get overshadowed by gen 8 for Smash Switch.
I guess that is the odd-numbered curse (1st gen is the exception).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Metroid and Kirby were the highlights of this E3 - loved Kirby Super Star and Return to Dream Land, so a game that fuses the two is great in my eyes, and it's great to see Metroid getting two games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
As a former Deoxys and Zoroark supporter back in the Brawl and Smash 4 days respectively, I'm not going to fall into that same rabbit hole a third time..... :/
That could mean no Decidueye. :(

Also no Incineroar, Buzzwole, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, and Alolan Meowth. :(

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That could mean no Decidueye. :(

Also no Incineroar, Buzzwole, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, and Alolan Meowth. :(
Yeah It's a bit of a shame, I was giving gen 7 the benefit of the doubt in case a Smash port was going to come along, but after no announcement at E3 (Which I'd expect to be the best time if anything, to announce it if there really was a port) and a confirmation of a new mainline game in the works for the Switch (which most likely will be Gen 8) I just don't see it happening now.

A shame, because I did like the idea of Mimikyu if anything.... We might at least see a stage though.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We might at least see a stage though.
Yes! A stage would be really nice. I like the idea of Aether Foundation as a stage. There could be a portal that opens in the background and a random Ultra Beast could show up, wreak havoc, and go back in the portal.

I still wish we had a 2nd gen stage and a 3rd gen stage.
1st gen had Saffron City.
4th gen had Spear Pillar.
5th gen had Unova Pokemon League.
6th gen had Prism Tower and Kalos Pokemon League.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Come think of it, wasn't there a 2nd gen stage planned in Melee. I heard it was the Sprout Tower. I would have accepted that even if it isn't the Lake of Rage with the red Gyarados.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom