• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I don't think Ridley has a chance. Okay, of course he as a chance, I mean, they added Wii Fit Trainer. I think that it's actually more likely that WFT returns than Ridley being a newcomer. I don't know why I can't see Ridley happening, maybe I just have a bias against him. :/

i think ridley has the biggest chance of getting in due to the fact that metroid 4 is happening this year. something needs to be done to hype both games.

pun intended ;P

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
Regarding Steve from Minecraft, my biggest issue is he's not even an actual character. People love Minecraft, the game. They don't care about Steve, the character, if we can really call him one. He appears in the game's marketing but beyond that he's hardly more than a basic skin for the avatar. Characters need characterization - Robin and Villager are avatars that are at least given personalities and have a purpose within their games. Robin is the centerpiece of Awakening's plot and has a stoic personality. Villager has a happy-go-lucky personality and has a purpose among other animal neighbors as their new neighbor who works with the government to build a better village, and with Tom Nook to pay off his debts.
To contrast, here is Steve as described in one of his Wikis:
"Steve is the main protagonist of the famous video game Minecraft. Very little is specifically known about Steve and who or what it is, where it originated from, what its goal is, and if it's even human."
"Steve doesn't have much of a personality nor a real goal on its own. He occasionally speaks, but all it really does is actions related to the player's choice."​
I really don't want to see Minecraft have character representation over captivating and creative characters from other possible franchises, especially when this series does not have any established characters beyond a default avatar skin. Give Minecraft a stage or assist trophy, as that's what could best represent the franchise if Minecraft's inclusion is necessary.

Also, Steve's still ugly as hell and would stick out like a sore thumb in Smash. Here's a mod of him over Toon Link:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm not implying to know what he's thinking.

However, I have the capability of taking his statements at face value. It's a gift, I know, since people like yourself are apparently cursed to interpret his statements to mean whatever you want rather than what he says. /s

Yes, Sakurai can and has changed his mind. No, that doesn't mean that his previous opinions have no resemblance to his current ones.
I don't think you understand how this works. When you say something I don't like, I get to point out that Sakurai doesn't report accurately on how he'll feel 4 years later and whatever you claimed is thereby invalidated. But don't do that to me, because sweeping truisms against non-absolute claims are pointlessly deleterious to conversation.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
What's your beef with Pac-Man?

Though, I do agree, the stage is terrible.
right now? none.
im saying that before he was revealed, the idea didn't... excited me too much. i though that he would make a boring smash character, kinda like how they represented it on the pixels movie... uninspired, little character...

but what im saying, is that he turned out quite good. people should have more faith on sakurai team being able to make the characters in the roster interesting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not against it either but after some research and comparison, 40%-50% is healthy and fair if you ask me.

But its opinion based, however as you said Reddit Goggles.

Which this and the Rayman thing I don't get.

Like in BWD's case HE IS A PLAYER CHARACTER

- Is in important roles

- Has been in multiple games

- Has a unique weapon and set.

75%-90% is healthier but ya'know.

As for Rayman, bro he's out in front of the rest of these 3rd parties cuz he's trophy is in the game already, the model was custom made by Ubisoft if I recall. A 25% chance is stupid 50%-60% maybe as nothing is definite whether it be the base roster or DLC. But 25% feels on the side of impossible, which is unfair.
I think this post is a good example of why Rate Their Chances fundamentally doesn't work.

Because in my eyes having a one in four chance of getting in Smash is relatively amazing. And yet for someone else it equates to borderline impossible. :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Obviously I won't take you up on Ridley because the chance of losing is too big
That being said, I'll take a bet on Simon, what are the terms?
If Simon is playable, I will fill a shoe full of tabasco sauce, and drink it straight from the shoe.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think this post is a good example of why Rate Their Chances fundamentally doesn't work.

Because in my eyes having a one in four chance of getting in Smash is relatively amazing. And yet for someone else it equates to borderline impossible. :p
I consider everything above 25% an actual possibility (then the rest depends of how much their current sittuation benefits them)... the characters around 10-25% are wild cards... and then the <10% characters with problems to enter in Smash, but how much this problems hurt it depends by case.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
If it was really true people, and more specifically kids did not care about Steve from Minecraft his merchandise would not sell.

There would only be Creepers, Pigs, and Pickaxes being bought if Steve wasn't a relevant face to Minecraft. However, that obviously isn't the case as Steve heads, figures, plushies, etc; are everywhere.

He may be generic looking but that doesn't make him any less iconic just because the creeper is too.

It's true that he's not really a character, but neither were many other protagonists to popular series. Mario himself didn't get characterization for a long while and how much of that there is past a design is debatable.

Steve is iconic because he embodies Minecraft and what you can do in it. Him and Alex are the faces of the game, even if you can change to someone else with a skin.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Nobody is saying that this change of mind will happen, just that it can happen.
And it really can, considering how three of the newcomers in SSB4 were already discarded before

idk, whatever gives people hopes of seeing their most wanted characters getting in I guess
I agree that it can happen.

However, I've noticed a significant number of people using the Villager case as a way to discredit Sakurai's previous statements on characters.

It's true that we shouldn't count characters like Balloon Fighter, Excite Biker, Ridley, or even Goku out of the picture because of the past. However, we shouldn't assume that his mindset has changed until we have evidence to suggest it might have.

Ridley's a good example of one of those "might've changed" scenarios. He's popular, his series has had a lot of games recently, and fans have even made mods showing what they want from the character. It could very well be that Sakurai will reconsider the character.

This doesn't mean we can discount his previous stance, though. Sakurai may very well not warm up to Ridley, and we ought to be realistic about that. Same goes for other previously dismissed characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i think ridley has the biggest chance of getting in due to the fact that metroid 4 is happening this year. something needs to be done to hype both games.

pun intended ;P
Metroid 4 came out years ago, it's called Fusion :p

In all seriousness, we don't know how far in development Prime 4 is so we can't say. Plus they could add Sylux to promote it as we know Sylux is going to be important in Prime 4

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

Agree with this so much. "Rate their Chances" as a concept doesn't even make sense when you look at a list of all possible characters for smash switch on it, the chances of said characters taking up an individual slot on the roster would have all character chances add up to 100% for a roster of a set size. For example, assuming there would be 16 or so newcomers, giving a character a 7% chance means they will certainly be implimented (because 7x16 =112%). You COULD attempt to scale these values to scale with a predicted roster size, but even then there's problems.
There's almost definitely cases where one character getting in would make another one substantially less likely (Dixie and K Rool, Rex/Pyra and Elma, Decidueye/mimikyu/lycanroc, Ridley and Sylux) Although the chances of one or the other happening are pretty high it would be unlikely for both to occur.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Regarding Steve from Minecraft, my biggest issue is he's not even an actual character. People love Minecraft, the game. They don't care about Steve, the character, if we can really call him one. He appears in the game's marketing but beyond that he's hardly more than a basic skin for the avatar. Characters need characterization - Robin and Villager are avatars that are at least given personalities and have a purpose within their games. Robin is the centerpiece of Awakening's plot and has a stoic personality. Villager has a happy-go-lucky personality and has a purpose among other animal neighbors as their new neighbor who works with the government to build a better village, and with Tom Nook to pay off his debts.
To contrast, here is Steve as described in one of his Wikis:
"Steve is the main protagonist of the famous video game Minecraft. Very little is specifically known about Steve and who or what it is, where it originated from, what its goal is, and if it's even human."
"Steve doesn't have much of a personality nor a real goal on its own. He occasionally speaks, but all it really does is actions related to the player's choice."​
I really don't want to see Minecraft have character representation over captivating and creative characters from other possible franchises, especially when this series does not have any established characters beyond a default avatar skin. Give Minecraft a stage or assist trophy, as that's what could best represent the franchise if Minecraft's inclusion is necessary.

Also, Steve's still ugly as hell and would stick out like a sore thumb in Smash. Here's a mod of him over Toon Link:
"People don't care about Steve."

Which is exactly why you can find Halloween costumes based on him in any given Walmart in October, and why Minecraft merchandise featuring Steve sells incredibly well. These things wouldn't exist if the character wasn't popular. That's just common sense.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Agree with this so much. "Rate their Chances" as a concept doesn't even make sense when you look at a list of all possible characters for smash switch on it, the chances of said characters taking up an individual slot on the roster would have all character chances add up to 100% for a roster of a set size. For example, assuming there would be 16 or so newcomers, giving a character a 7% chance means they will certainly be implimented (because 7x16 =112%). You COULD attempt to scale these values to scale with a predicted roster size, but even then there's problems.
There's almost definitely cases where one character getting in would make another one substantially less likely (Dixie and K Rool, Rex/Pyra and Elma, Decidueye/mimikyu/lycanroc, Ridley and Sylux) Although the chances of one or the other happening are pretty high it would be unlikely for both to occur.
That's not how statistics work. 50% chance to get heads from a coin toss, do I have 150% to get heads if it's three tosses?
I only ever knew part of the jargon and I've forgotten even that, but how it works in the case of the coin toss is this:
Meeting the condition of ever getting heads means that it makes no difference if you get it once, twice or thrice so long as it's not never.
So, for the first trial, 50% of the time you get heads, and you stop there. The other 50% of the time you move on to the next trial. 50% of the time in that trial you get heads (+25% in total), but if you get tails you go to the third trial (the remaining 25% of the total possible outcomes) and half of the time there you get heads (+12.5% in total). So the actual probability of getting heads at least once over three coin tosses is 87.5%.
Sorry for the transparency if you're using a dark theme like I am, but you can see my poor explanation diagrammed here. Important to note is that any outcome that includes H at least once counts, meaning only the bottom result (1 out of 8) is negative.
So, in your example, I don't know the formula and I don't want to do it the long way, but if we pretended it worked like the coinflip, you'd check for 7% on the first trial, then 7% of the remaining 93%, then 7% of the remaining 88.5%, etc.
But it also doesn't work like that, because the way these sorts of trials work is not how a roster is actually made. To predict the "probability" on a character getting into Smash, roster size is a factor, but how that character is affected by, for example, the possibility of being redundant with other newcomers that have already been decided on also decreases the odds. So, in reality, there's no way to have a reasonable estimate because we don't know how the development process worked. The percentages are just a very slightly pretentious or pseudo-professional way of putting something on a scale from "unlikely" to "likely" with no specific weight beyond what those words mean.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
"Super Smash Bros. Switch" or (what I prefer personally) "Super Smash Bros.: Rivals."

Gives this iteration an "excuse" to put in a whole bunch of villain or rival characters from franchise people don't expect newcomers in. K. Rool, Medusa, Daisy (yes I am using this as an excuse :p ), Mimikyu, Ridley, the list goes on. They can throw in a Champion as a rival to Link or something/I don't know who rivals Link....and Dark Link is boring.
There's this little known character named Ganondorf.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I'm not implying to know what he's thinking.

However, I have the capability of taking his statements at face value. It's a gift, I know, since people like yourself are apparently cursed to interpret his statements to mean whatever you want rather than what he says. /s

Yes, Sakurai can and has changed his mind. No, that doesn't mean that his previous opinions have no resemblance to his current ones.
Yes, I can very much argue that his previous opinions have no resemblance of his current ones. Opinions change - it's part of how ideas and inspiration works, but I really don't have to explain that to you. The Villager situation is just a very clear example of this.

I mean, even you have to admit that it's a bit silly to hold his opinion over 16 years ago as gospel, don't you think?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yes, I can very much argue that his previous opinions have no resemblance of his current ones. Opinions change - it's part of how ideas and inspiration works, but I really don't have to explain that to you. The Villager situation is just a very clear example of this.

I mean, even you have to admit that it's a bit silly to hold his opinion over 16 years ago as gospel, don't you think?
I agree that his opinion from so long ago is not gospel. However, to discredit the statements entirely is equally foolish.

I'm sorry if I came across as more absolute than I am. My point is primarily that we need to take these statements to mean something even if it's not a definite.

I was there when Villager was dismissed due to Sakurai's previous statements, and the community was wrong at the time to assume that things don't change.

However, I fear that we currently are too far on the opposite end of this; we're talking about Sakurai's statements like they don't matter at all now because he's changed his mind in the past.

I've seen arguments for non-video game characters leaning heavily on this argument, especially with Goku. I'm frustrated by that, though I apologize for lashing out at you, as that was uncalled for.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I want Takamura because he’s a samurai that fights aliens that resemble beast of Japanese lore. Getting that in as a series with a playable character/stage/music has all sorts of potential.

—-

I’m in the anti-Steve party. Can’t deny he’s a big deal these days, but:
1) It’s not Smash’s job to include every big game character under the sun. Famous != necessary.
2) It’s a Nintendo game, it doesn’t need to worry about “repping the PC crowd/new gamers/millennials/etc”. Minecraft has very little to do with Nintendo.
3) He’s just not an interesting character by any means. There’s dozens of third parties I’d take before him.
4) It reeks of the “relevance-over-anything-else” attitude that’s permeating this speculation period.

—-

I truly hope the roster turns out like the “leaks”. Porky, Goroh et al would be hype, and I’ve never played an Earthbound or F-Zero game in my life. You know why I’d be hyped? Because they’re cool characters that would be interesting picks.

Remember when we pulled for fighters that weren’t just a checklist of who has had a game in the last 4 years, who the PR team wants to push, and who’s the face of the thing all the 12-year olds are going crazy over? I don’t care if a series is dead or old or terrible, a cool character is a cool character. I for one would welcome a Smash roster that goes for some deep cuts and fan favorites from the past.

Not saying there isn’t a place for the new and popular by any means, but to throw a roster under the bus because it doesn’t have “Fire Emblem sword hero #18” or “Captain Pantaloon and the Waifu Brigade” is a little silly. I genuinely think, should a roster like this leak happen, people would warm up to it soon enough :p

...and that turned into a rant. My bad :laugh:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I want Takamura because he’s a samurai that fights aliens that resemble beast of Japanese lore. Getting that in as a series with a playable character/stage/music has all sorts of potential.
I've not played Murasame Castle, but does Takamura even use a sword in that game? From what I hear it's more of a adventure shoot-em-up similar to Binding of Isaac

osby

Smash Obsessed

—-

I’m in the anti-Steve party. Can’t deny he’s a big deal these days, but:
1) It’s not Smash’s job to include every big game character under the sun. Famous != necessary.
2) It’s a Nintendo game, it doesn’t need to worry about “repping the PC crowd/new gamers/millennials/etc”. Minecraft has very little to do with Nintendo.
3) He’s just not an interesting character by any means. There’s dozens of third parties I’d take before him.
4) It reeks of the “relevance-over-anything-else” attitude that’s permeating this speculation period.

—-

I truly hope the roster turns out like the “leaks”. Porky, Goroh et al would be hype, and I’ve never played an Earthbound or F-Zero game in my life. You know why I’d be hyped? Because they’re cool characters that would be interesting picks.

Remember when we pulled for fighters that weren’t just a checklist of who has had a game in the last 4 years, who the PR team wants to push, and who’s the face of the thing all the 12-year olds are going crazy over? I don’t care if a series is dead or old or terrible, a cool character is a cool character. I for one would welcome a Smash roster that goes for some deep cuts and fan favorites from the past.

Not saying there isn’t a place for the new and popular by any means, but to throw a roster under the bus because it doesn’t have “Fire Emblem sword hero #18” or “Captain Pantaloon and the Waifu Brigade” is a little silly. I genuinely think, should a roster like this leak happen, people would warm up to it soon enough :p

...and that turned into a rant. My bad :laugh:
I mostly agree but there are a lot of interesting characters. If one isn't supported by fans or important to current Nintendo, why choose them over any other characters?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I've not played Murasame Castle, but does Takamura even use a sword in that game? From what I hear it's more of a adventure shoot-em-up similar to Binding of Isaac
He has a sword that he uses for attacks and blocking, as well as throwable weapons.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
None of the leaks say Steve will be a character.
There's good reason to be skeptical of this character: He's an avatar character representative of his world. It would be like the third party version of adding Mr Game and Watch. The world itself better represents the series than Steve (The avatar) could, which is why I expect a stage or MAYBE a creeper assist trophy.

To put it bluntly, Steve's pixel/blocky design contrasts way too much from the bright, monochromic styles seen on other smash characters. Most smash bros characters have apparent profiles with specific color schemes, but Steve throws a wrench into this artistically by having a character that looks primitive and out of place in a way that can't be compensated in a cartoony style.

I do say it would be extremely interesting to find out how people would react if Porky was actually announced, by some miracle, as a playable character. There's no way they would do so without a Mother 3 Localization announcement first: But it would be so out of left field and would possibly be so unique looking that I don't know how people would react to it.

I will also note that due to the amount of insider rumblings, I do honestly believe that something has leaked out. Almost certainly not a full roster, but possibly a few characters have already seeped into public information. Probably traveling across enough people in backrooms and private messages with some form of evidence that couldn't be posted publically for the sake of protecting an identity.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I mostly agree but there are a lot of interesting characters. If one isn't supported by fans or important to current Nintendo, why choose them over any other characters?
A) All the more reason for fans to make these kinds of characters important by letting Nintendo we support/love them!
B) Sakurai is a Nintendo historian. He’s taken abstract/forgotten/retired characters and turned them into beloved Smashers before, so it’s not like he can’t do it again. Who hasn’t grown to like a character or series they didn’t know existed before playing Smash Bros?

It’s also worth remembering that Smash can give characters a personality and life of their own within the series. F-Zero and Earthbound are still relevant and remember through Smash, even if their home series have stopped. People know who Captain Falcon is, even with him on hiatus. Porky will be familiar to the millions that played Brawl, even if they’ve never seen his original game. No reason the same can’t be done for a guy like K. Rool or Goroh too.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
He uses a sword when he's blocking projectiles or attacking an opponent extremely up-close, but the majority of his attacks are projectiles: kunai, windmill blades, and fireballs. He uses a form of Iaijutsu for his swordplay. Notably, he doesn't actually ever use shuriken. Those are used by enemy ninja instead.

It's sort of an early example of a bullet hell, but it's less patterned and more based on player reaction time.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's good reason to be skeptical of this character: He's an avatar character representative of his world. It would be like the third party version of adding Mr Game and Watch. The world itself better represents the series than Steve (The avatar) could, which is why I expect a stage or MAYBE a creeper assist trophy.

To put it bluntly, Steve's pixel/blocky design contrasts way too much from the bright, monochromic styles seen on other smash characters. Most smash bros characters have apparent profiles with specific color schemes, but Steve throws a wrench into this artistically by having a character that looks primitive and out of place in a way that can't be compensated in a cartoony style.

I do say it would be extremely interesting to find out how people would react if Porky was actually announced, by some miracle, as a playable character. There's no way they would do so without a Mother 3 Localization announcement first: But it would be so out of left field and would possibly be so unique looking that I don't know how people would react to it.

I will also note that due to the amount of insider rumblings, I do honestly believe that something has leaked out. Almost certainly not a full roster, but possibly a few characters have already seeped into public information. Probably traveling across enough people in backrooms and private messages with some form of evidence that couldn't be posted publically for the sake of protecting an identity.
I'd be very suprised. Mother almost always shown with its cute or bizarre sides in Smash. Taking a character who was previously a scary boss and making him playable would be interesting. I'm sure half of his introduction would be goofy jokes, like Koopalings.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I'd be very suprised. Mother almost always shown with its cute or bizarre sides in Smash. Taking a character who was previously a scary boss and making him playable would be interesting. I'm sure half of his introduction would be goofy jokes, like Koopalings.
I love well written Porky is, but DESPISE his actual character just because of how much of a scumbag he is in Mother 3.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A) All the more reason for fans to make these kinds of characters important by letting Nintendo we support/love them!
B) Sakurai is a Nintendo historian. He’s taken abstract/forgotten/retired characters and turned them into beloved Smashers before, so it’s not like he can’t do it again. Who hasn’t grown to like a character or series they didn’t know existed before playing Smash Bros?

It’s also worth remembering that Smash can give characters a personality and life of their own within the series. F-Zero and Earthbound are still relevant and remember through Smash, even if their home series have stopped. People know who Captain Falcon is, even with him on hiatus. Porky will be familiar to the millions that played Brawl, even if they’ve never seen his original game. No reason the same can’t be done for a guy like K. Rool or Goroh too.
B) Sakurai done this only to main characters/faces of historically important games, not side characters.

Alo both Captain Falcon and Porky were quite recent when they were added.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Welp, here's what I worked on tonight. It's my latest!

View attachment 146267
I like it, though I would personally reconsider having two regular retros. We tend to get one retro and one more abstract historical retro, ala Game and Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt.

I would also consider leaving off Rex and Springman as DLC, but I know not everyone agrees on that.

I'm personally surprised by the lack of Bandana Dee, but it's not unreasonable.

I really like you predicting multiple Mario newcomers, but is Daisy a clone? I'm surprised to see Captain Toad, Waluigi, and Daisy on the same roster.

I really like the roster overall. The mix between expected and unexpected picks is nice. (I would organize by series release years more, especially for third parties, but that's a minor gripe.)

?????????????

Smash Master
I like it, though I would personally reconsider having two regular retros. We tend to get one retro and one more abstract historical retro, ala Game and Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt.

I would also consider leaving off Rex and Springman as DLC, but I know not everyone agrees on that.

I'm personally surprised by the lack of Bandana Dee, but it's not unreasonable.

I really like you predicting multiple Mario newcomers, but is Daisy a clone? I'm surprised to see Captain Toad, Waluigi, and Daisy on the same roster.

I really like the roster overall. The mix between expected and unexpected picks is nice. (I would organize by series release years more, especially for third parties, but that's a minor gripe.)
Thank you!

I’m counting Takamaru as my true retro and Excitebiker as an “unexpected retro.” I know it’s not QUITE the same, but I don’t think Duck Hunt quite aligns to Mr. G&W in that exact same way either.

I’m kinda considering this “roster with all DLC,” which is why I’m not hesitating on Rex and Spring Man.

If I added another Kirby character, it’d definitely be Dee. I just didn’t prioritize that this time...

I intend Daisy to be unique, but yes, it IS a lot of Mario characters. I just...really wanted them all!

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
B) Sakurai done this only to main characters/faces of historically important games, not side characters.

Alo both Captain Falcon and Porky were quite recent when they were added.
He’s still kept those franchises around though, even though they’re finished.

I guess what I was going for was that even if EB/FZ are “dead”, I don’t think anyone believes he’s going to drop them from Smash. Hence, they are “relevant” still, as Smash carries on their legacy and keeps them in the minds of gamers. As such, adding side characters from those games (which as you pointed out hasn’t happened yet), isn’t as much of a stretch in my mind. Earthbound is no longer relevant as a series, but it’s relevent as a universe in Smash, so I think people would warm up to new content all the same. Does that make sense?

Has it happened yet? No. Could it happen in 5? Maybe. Would I love it if they did? Definitely.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thank you!

I’m counting Takamaru as my true retro and Excitebiker as an “unexpected retro.” I know it’s not QUITE the same, but I don’t think Duck Hunt quite aligns to Mr. G&W in that exact same way either.

I’m kinda considering this “roster with all DLC,” which is why I’m not hesitating on Rex and Spring Man.

If I added another Kirby character, it’d definitely be Dee. I just didn’t prioritize that this time...

I intend Daisy to be unique, but yes, it IS a lot of Mario characters. I just...really wanted them all!
Alright, this looks nice for a DLC roster, then :)

I'd argue that Duck Hunt is still historical due to him representing the light gun, which has a long history with Nintendo (1970) and was a part of Nintendo's earliest arcade and electronic toy ventures. I get the intent, but I think a character like Sheriff, Diskun, Daitoryo, or some other oddball choice is more in line with what might actually happen.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I just wanna see what today will reserve us for rumours.
Gotta be honest, readings rumors is probably my favourite time for smash speculation-
Especially knowing that this time there not a lot of time for it until the game release, and we're two weeks before E3.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I believe Minecraft would be a stage. Don't believe for a second that its a newcomer, if not the leaker would have said it. I am beyond STOKED for Snake's return. Gosh I really hope this is true. Break the internet for sure.

I just need my man Wolf to come back and the Brawl cast will be complete. I LOVED Brawl's roster. Nevermind Pokemon trainer, Charizard took his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom