• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Im torn regarding the lets go games... for starters, i like that eevee is being used as counterweight to pikachu, and im looking forward to new ways to interact to pokemon besides the battle system (although the last thing i want is teh battle system to get simplified, or screwed, but since this is not a core pokemon game shouldnt be a problem)

I like a lot the idea of enriching pokemon go (since pokemon go is a nice experiment, but isnt a game) and i understand that since is a new experience, there is a good chance that not every pokemon is there.

but why? WHY THE FRIGGIN 151??? i wouldnt mind if is only kanto. but could at least they could implemented the friggin baby pokemon into the respective friggin lines. and stop making clefairy, snorlax, chansey, electabuzz or pikachu a basic pokemon. and i dont think that they would alienated the fanbase by implementing stuff like magnezone, rhyperior, or the other eeveelutions... specially in a game around frigghin EEVEE!!!
Gosh... i hate pandering to genwunners... and this is coming from someone that actually played pokemon blue on a friggin gameboy with friggin link cables as a kid.

Still.. if they want to really make it pokemon go, the ACTUAL video game, I expect they will at least try to catch up with pokemon go gens. a "jhotho dlc or a hoenn dlc" wouldnt be bad...

oh, and smash stuff... yeah... definetly we arent getting a gen VIII pokemon for base roster.
If you can't turn Eevee into Umbreon or get a magenzone I too might be out. There's no point to exclude that.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
By the way,I know we're all starved for news, but should we really even be posting about Pokémon here if it's not Smash 5 speculation?
eh Eevee was strongly speculated to be in Smash because of this rumor that just has been confirmed. I think we're kind on topic still :p

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Serebii is confirming that Lets Go will only include Kanto Pokemon and certain Alola Pokemon.

I guess we'll see the Alola 'mons that Game Freak really prioritizes. Although, we could just be getting Alola variants of Kanto Pokemon. My guess is they'll put in the popular Alola 'mons (the starters, Lycanroc, Mimikyu) and some others like Alolan Meowth to pad the number of dark and steel types.

No confirmation on if they'll include evolutions of Gen 1ers that debuted in other generations, like Umbreon or Tangrowth.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
This is a yellow remake, I feel like we won't be able to turn eevee into Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon either which is literally the worst lmao
If this is the case I'm giving this a pass through the movie and Coro Coro will begin to shed light on things.

-No online play

- No mention of Sun and Moon outside of Aolan dudes

What is this? Its not even Coliseum or XD, what is this?

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Best thing about that trailer was the music, it's going to be stuck in my head all night long.

I honestly believe Eevee's chances as DLC in SSB5 just skyrocketed. Between this and the Z-move, Game Freak definitely seems to be promoting them as an alternative mascot to Pikachu.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So at first I was excited, then a little disappointed, but then excited again.

Wild Pokemon battles not being a thing is...weird. But I already have the National Dex completed, and if I wanted to do Wild Pokemon battles, I'll play USUM.

I get an HD Pokemon game to tide me over for another year, I also get a new Smash Bros. game on Switch, and whatever other titles I get on other consoles.

I'm along for the ride and I'm excited. It's something new, it's pretty, and if a lot of this stuff is leading up to a "core" game, I'm totally down.

Can we please not act like this has Smash context though? Not everything has implications for Smash.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I honestly don’t understand why some people are complaining about Pokemon Let’s Go. It’s clearly meant to be made for the casual audience and the people that played Pokemon Go. Plus, they already confirmed a main RPG for more hardcore fans, and that’s what I’m happy about.

I think fans should be glad that Game Freak decided to use this game to postpone the new Core-RPG game to 2019 so they can have as much time as possible to polish up the game and make it as best as it can possibly be for Pokemon fans.

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Just read you can't evolve your partner Pokemon. So yeah.
This isn't shocking, but still disappointing. Hopefully your partner pokemon have some sort of stats boost to compensate for the inability to evolve.

So at first I was excited, then a little disappointed, but then excited again.

Wild Pokemon battles not being a thing is...weird. But I already have the National Dex completed, and if I wanted to do Wild Pokemon battles, I'll play USUM.

I get an HD Pokemon game to tide me over for another year, I also get a new Smash Bros. game on Switch, and whatever other titles I get on other consoles.

I'm along for the ride and I'm excited. It's something new, it's pretty, and if a lot of this stuff if leading up to a "core" game, I'm totally down.

Can we please not act like this has Smash context though? Not everything has implications for Smash.
Probably no direct impacts, although it does probably disqualify some leaks (including the lazzyman/4chan crash/spyro/captain toad leak that's posted in the leak post on smashboards, should probably be listed as debunked although the information debunked isn't in smash itself)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My guess is either you can get all Pokemon separately without actual evolution, or you can get a separate Eevee and separate Pikachu to evolve.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
RelaxAlax (youtuber) claimed to know something.
Gave a hint saying P.

His favourite/ most wanted character is Paper Mario.
Take away from that what you will.
RelaxAlax?, the guy whose sidekick is his own cat? Yeah sure, he must be a reliable source :glare:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
So the P was about Pokemon LGo!
Or maybe the brand new Eevolution is a newcomer. And the name starts with P.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Only 151 Pokemon (and not even new like B/W it's freaking gen 1 again)
>No ****ing Online play
>No ****ing wild Pokemon Battle

This is the worst timeline possible especially because Battle Revolution on Wii at least gave us online battle. And it feels worst knowing that it's based/remake of Yellow. And usually Pokemon Remakes adds tons of things, but since ORAS I feel like it stopped doing so... Thanks God they announced that we'll get another game In 2019.

I was excited and then...disappointed.

I guess Nintendo is preparing us for smash E3 reveals.

kylexv

Smash Master
Ok, this seems like a dumb decision on Game Freak's part.

Why would you make Eevee, a Pokemon who's entire gimmick is based around evolution, locked to its basic stage?
Because its Pokemon Yellow again but its also not. Your starter Pokemon has to stay at their base stage.

/s

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why even bring up Gorochu if it's not a thing?

I hope they do Coro coro stuff this summer because this is turning into a mixed bag real quick.

Evolution pokemon can't evolve period? C'mon fam.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why would you make Eevee, a Pokemon who's entire gimmick is based around evolution, locked to its basic stage?
Likely for the same reason you can't evolve your partner Pikachu in this as well as in Pokémon Yellow.

Fortunately, unlike in Yellow, you can get more Pikachu/Eevee and evolve those.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I saw Team Rocket Grunts in that Pokemon Let's Go video. I hope Jessie, James, and Meowth are in the game if it's really a remake of Pokemon Yellow.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
It's for the best that the pokemon news did not take away from possible time spent on other announcements at E3. More time for Smash bros, more time for other possible announcements. The dam is filling with water day by day, destined to break by the 12th of June. It's only a matter of time whether we see if any of the public rumors are correct at all.

Staarih

Smash Master

So you can dress him in cute clothes :)

Apparently you can catch other Pikachu/Eevee to evolve though, guess the partner one is just a special case.

Anyway, I’m digging these games. Quite different but a smart move: draw in the GO audience with these games, then please all old and new fans with the 2019 core rpg game.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Surprised to see how little people mentioned the multiplayer aspect. My boyfriend and I just watched the trailer and that was definitely the most exciting part, really looking forward to playing a Pokemon game with him. It's also a great relief that gen 8 will come out next year, this and Smash will be more than enough for 2018.

(I'm also glad that one leak is debunked. Sorry but I have no sympathy for Crash and Spyro. They ugly.)

P.Kat

Smash Champion
This is a yellow remake, I feel like we won't be able to turn eevee into Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon either which is literally the worst lmao
If that happens, even Magikarp will be laughing at Eevee's face, but at least Eevee will always have cuteness.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So you can dress him in cute clothes :)

Apparently you can catch other Pikachu/Eevee to evolve though, guess the partner one is just a special case.

Anyway, I’m digging these games. Quite different but a smart move: draw in the GO audience with these games, then please all old and new fans with the 2019 core rpg game.
I get that, though some of these decisions shake me.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
This killed me:

sorry if it was already posted

On the plus side, this makes Eevee look dramatically more likely

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Because its Pokemon Yellow again but its also not. Your starter Pokemon has to stay at their base stage.

/s
Pikachu not evolving makes sense, Ash's Pikachu famously doesn't evolve and Pikachu has been given plenty of tools that make it semi-viable despite its unevolved status.

Eevee on the other hand has been given nothing outside of a z-move, and we don't even have confirmation that z-moves will return. So, unless you want to waste your z-move to make Eevee viable, its largely going to be dead weight starting around the 4th gym. Eevee not evolving also makes no sense with both Yellow and the anime. Blue's Eevee evolves in Yellow and Gary's Eevee evolved into Umbreon in the anime.

edit: poo I just read the /s

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
>Only 151 Pokemon (and not even new like B/W it's freaking gen 1 again)
>No ****ing Online play
>No ****ing wild Pokemon Battle

This is the worst timeline possible especially because Battle Revolution on Wii at least gave us online battle. And it feels worst knowing that it's based/remake of Yellow. And usually Pokemon Remakes adds tons of things, but since ORAS I feel like it stopped doing so... Thanks God they announced that we'll get another game In 2019.

I was excited and then...disappointed.

I guess Nintendo is preparing us for smash E3 reveals.
I'm happy this stuff was published during the drought of information, it would ended up being even more dissapoiting other-wise.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Wait wut :(

I refuse to believe that Crash won't be in this game :cry:. Maybe the leak is fake but Crash will still be in without Spyro???
Let it go before you're too deep in the rabbit hole, my friend. I say this as someone who watched the dedicated Ridley fans break down on this very site during the pre-Smash 4/Smash 4 DLC days.

It wasn't fun D:

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Damn, that’s crazy b. You just gonna have to start packing now because my son Crash definitely needs to be in this game :p

But seriously, you that against Crash?? Why
Not exactly Crash, but Crash and Spyro.
I just don't think Crash is as big as the third parties in the game, and I personally never liked the games.
I did like Spyro, but having both is just too much.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Nintendo can't make a proper Kanto remake...

Either stick strictly to the original 151 or update the Kanto canon to include the new evo's/ prevo's....

Always seems like a weird selective messmash.

Apparently Let's Go will have some alolans... for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom