• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Wait wut :(

I refuse to believe that Crash won't be in this game. Maybe the leak is fake but Crash will still be in without Spyro??? (...maybe?)
Crash seems very likely for a DLC character, but I feel he missed the base roster. Spyro doesn't really make sense tho and the idea of both of them being included, especially at the same time has never sat well with me.

How can I grind if there are no wild battles?
inb4 the game is so easy that you don't have to grind :p

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Wait guys what exactly from Let's Go debunks the Lazzy leak? I'm curious (since it was already debunked ever since the Switch Online announcement anyway)

Pakky

Smash Hero
Picture-only posts are not allowed.
Play Pokémon Gotm :secretkpop:
Crash seems very likely for a DLC character, but I feel he missed the base roster. Spyro doesn't really make sense tho and the idea of both of them being included, especially at the same time has never sat well with me.

inb4 the game is so easy that you don't have to grind :p

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Wait guys what exactly from Let's Go debunks the Lazzy leak? I'm curious (since it was already debunked ever since the Switch Online announcement anyway)
Mentions both the fact that it is revealed at E3...which is wrong because it just was, and that the graphics are between sun and moon and Pokken, which they are not. Saying it's Pokemon go graphics would have been more accurate.

Honestly the fact that the leak tried to predict the entire presentation always screamed fake.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Let it go before you're too deep in the rabbit hole, my friend. I say this as someone who watched the dedicated Ridley fans break down on this very site during the pre-Smash 4/Smash 4 DLC days.

It wasn't fun D:
Yeaaahh...I did too and that was not a pretty sight.
Probably just gonna consider Crash as "Deconfirmed" for the time being. It sucks but I'd rather not be upset on e3 day.

Btw, where are ppl finding these SSB5 character support portraits that I see in everyone's signature?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Mentions both the fact that it is revealed at E3...which is wrong because it just was, and that the graphics are between sun and moon and Pokken, which they are not. Saying it's Pokemon go graphics would have been more accurate.

Honestly the fact that the leak tried to predict the entire presentation always screamed fake.
People only latch on to that leak cause "I need mah Crasg and Spryo fer dat Mario vs Sanic."

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I never played a core-Pokemon game, but played Mario,Zelda, Dk, Star Fox, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Kirby, all the other stuff.It happened because I never had a portable system and during the little interval I got a DS I never cared about Pokemon.

I ended up playing Pkm GO! and Pokemon MMORPG (a online ROM of FireRed) with friends, but not invested real time in any form of Pokemon gaming.

I think people who does not owned a portable system ended up being distant from Pokemon.
Ironically, my father is kind of a "Hardcore" Pokemon GO player,even traveling because of the game.So I think even when you not play Pokemon, it ends all around you when you're around Nintendo stuff and fanbase.

-----------
Jokes aside,if the new Pokemon of this game be a eevolution,it maybe can be chosen as a Smash character.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay. I'm going to be honest. I never saw Crash as big to other third party we have in the games or that are generally talked here...

People keep saying that it would be making Nintendo x Sega x Sony rivalry true because of the Playstation vs N64 vs Saturn/Dreamcast

However Nintendo's true enemy for the N64 era wasn't Sony. It was themselves and some bad marketing decisions.

Also comparing Crash's game to be ever near or close the level of Mario 64 or Sonic Adventure makes me giggle-
They're fine game, and Crash is an Okay platformer series... But I think people overreact it's popularity

IronTed

Smash Ace
Okay. I'm going to be honest. I never saw Crash as big to other third party we have in the games or that are generally talked here...

People keep saying that it would be making Nintendo x Sega x Sony rivalry true because of the Playstation vs N64 vs Saturn/Dreamcast

However Nintendo's true enemy for the N64 era wasn't Sony. It was themselves and some bad marketing decisions.

Also comparing Crash's game to be ever near or close the level of Mario 64 or Sonic Adventure makes me giggle-
They're fine game, and Crash is an Okay platformer series... But I think people overreact it's popularity
Crash was one of the PS1's best selling games. It most certainly was a big deal

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

idk about that, the crash series has sold remarkably well, way more than I'd expect. 56 million apparently, which is more than Metal Gear or Street Fighter. Crash is more than big enough to justify his inclusion.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Absolutely this. Crash is honestly on the same level as Rayman for me (who is only more likely because of Rabbids). But this is coming from someone who grew up strictly Nintendo. Still as a kid I never heard anyone talk about Crash, like ever.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

You're hella underselling it.

It helped redefine a genre

Like, it outsold sonic adventure LOL

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Absolutely this. Crash is honestly on the same level as Rayman for me (who is only more likely because of Rabbids). But this is coming from someone who grew up strictly Nintendo. Still as a kid I never heard anyone talk about Crash, like ever.
Believe it or not, I was a kid who talked about Crash all the time. I didn't become a Nintendo person until 2003 (thanks to Wind Waker).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Okay.

Crash was nothing short of an icon. End of story.

I swear, are we gonna have to go through another session of explaining that the character with Playstation history is still a gaming icon? I got sick of that with Cloud.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo can't make a proper Kanto remake...

Either stick strictly to the original 151 or update the Kanto canon to include the new evo's/ prevo's....

Always seems like a weird selective messmash.

Apparently Let's Go will have some alolans... for whatever reason.
I wouldn’t say Nintendo can’t make a proper Kanto remake considering Game Freak are the ones making it...but who cares who’s making it when you’re gonna make some good money and satisfy a certain generation of fans

People keep saying that it would be making Nintendo x Sega x Sony rivalry true because of the Playstation/PS2 vs N64/GCN vs Saturn/Dreamcast vs Xbox

Mario vs Sonic vs Crash
Duck Hunt/Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong vs Banjo and Kazooie
Samus vs Master Chief (just gonna leave it here)

Don’t tell me these don’t sound appetizing

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Crash has sold over double of rayman, he was practically the playstations mascot so his inclusion is definitely fitting imo

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Surprised to see how little people mentioned the multiplayer aspect. My boyfriend and I just watched the trailer and that was definitely the most exciting part, really looking forward to playing a Pokemon game with him. It's also a great relief that gen 8 will come out next year, this and Smash will be more than enough for 2018.

(I'm also glad that one leak is debunked. Sorry but I have no sympathy for Crash and Spyro. They ugly.)
No Spyro? Ouch, well if he doesn't make it in then that's alright still have many potential characters that can make it in. Speaking of which, *builds makeshift impenetrable bunker* how would people feel if Tracer from Overwatch made into Smash.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
There had to be some reason it had three games remade from the ground up for the same release.

People only latch on to that leak cause "I need mah Crasg and Spryo fer dat Mario vs Sanic."
mehbeh if ey tipe sdoobit icin dyzkredet peepz whom'st've disagree wit meh

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Gaming icons are one thing, but a lot of people's third party requests just make Smash sound like an old folk's home for game characters. They were big deals in the 90s!!! Icons of their time!!! And then they dropped off the face of the earth in the 2010s, got terrible redesigns and got left out to pasture one way or another. Hell, when Smash 4 came out that's definitely what Megaman and Pacman were.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Gaming icons are one thing, but a lot of people's third party requests just make Smash sound like an old folk's home for game characters. They were big deals in the 90s!!! Icons of their time!!! And then they dropped off the face of the earth in the 2010s, got terrible redesigns and got left out to pasture one way or another. Hell, when Smash 4 came out that's definitely what Megaman and Pacman were.
To be fair mega man had MM 9 and 10 and pac-man is ****ing pac-man. Without the n-sane trilogy, crash wouldn't stand a chance.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately for you Crash and Spyro fans, I really can't see Sakurai getting over his Japan bias. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Roberk

Smash Champion
Can we all agree that the worst part of the Pokemon stuff is that people are going to take 4chan leaks a lot more seriously now?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Your first mistake was implying Sonic Adventure was anything close to Crash Bandicoot lol.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Crash was one of the PS1's best selling games. It most certainly was a big deal
Going by that logic then, Cloud represent Sony as his game is the second best PlayStation game.

Once again. Nintendo's enemy was their own bad decision at the time. Not Sony-

idk about that, the crash series has sold remarkably well, way more than I'd expect. 56 million apparently, which is more than Metal Gear or Street Fighter. Crash is more than big enough to justify his inclusion.
It has 18 games on soon 18 console with a lot of them being multiplatform. FFVII sold 11 million on 4 platform and literally one game.

People are really forgetting the power of multiplatform or the fact that it let out touch a larger selling base.

Look, maybe Crash is an Icons. But he doesn't have the same star power as any third party in the game or even "was" in the game.
Pac-Man/MegaMan/Sonic/Mario/Cloud/Ryu/Snake all managed to get through the test of time (even if for Sonic and MegaMan it was complicated) while Crash didn't and had to bank on nostalgia remake.

While data is sparse, Crash was certainly bigger than Sonic during the PS1 era. Of course at that point nothing was bigger than Mario.
This is hardly a feat knowing that Sega went full Idiot during the Saturn era and the only true game they had was Sonic 3D blast. Until Sonic Adventure who was the Sonic Renaissance on the dead console that was the dreamcast.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Let’s Go coming out when it does has to support the notion of Smash coming out pre-November. Which just edges it closer to premiering with the Switch Online service. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Can we all agree that the worst part of the Pokemon stuff is that people are going to take 4chan leaks a lot more seriously now?

This ones from march and sorta has some similarities to RelaAlax's stuff if his "p" hint is paper mario.
It names the new fire emblem protagonist as well.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Eeevee concept for Smash (Purely fantasy. Will never happen)

Eevee evolves during battle. The form she evolves into depends on the strategy you use an Eevee stays that way for the rest of the battle (or for the remainder of the mode you are playing)

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Don't count on it. It's one real leak out of a tremendous amount of fake ones. There's at least 1 fake leak a week there, maybe more, that consistently contradict with each other. It's literally impossible to take each one seriously.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I doubt it. 4chan leaks have always been a complete joke, despite being right in the past.

For example, here's one that was right on the money:
switchleak4chan.png

And here is one that is quite literally on /v/ as I'm typing this:
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 10.58.43 PM.png

There's always an abundance of "leaks" on 4chan, which are always killing its reputation.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I've seen a lot of talk about Crash being a candidate for this Smash, but not really anything about his moveset potential. I never played the games, so could anyone enlighten me on what he brings to the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom