• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
All right, since I'm bored and have nothing to do, I'll take a crack at this.

Assuming RelaxAlax is actually hinting at a newcomer, the only characters who would make sense to me are Paper Mario, Pauline, and Pyra.
King P would have you slaughtered

Zeox

Smash Champion
All right, since I'm bored and have nothing to do, I'll take a crack at this.

Assuming RelaxAlax is actually hinting at a newcomer, the only characters who would make sense to me are Paper Mario, Pauline, and Pyra.
Also Porky.
But is a prank, isn't it? 5 newcomers - 5 letters, first one is p.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Oh boy, new rumors! Let's see what fighters are the hot topic right no-...

I was thinking about how Sakurai could possibly surprise us and surpass the Cloud reveal without going full Goku/SpiderMan/Thwomp on us...

Sora could be that answer, but I think we will see a MicroSoft/XBOX character this game. I've seen quite a bit of talk from people outside of the internet of wanting Mine Craft Steve, Master Chief, Banjo Kazooie... Honestly, any 3 of them would break the internet on levels Cloud WISHES he could achieve. I don't know why, but I got a gut feeling at least ONE of them is coming to the game. All 3 are bring something very special to very different groups of audiences, and while Chief and Steve are iconic Banjo is also very popular with people who grew up with N64 games. We all think Microsoft automatically denies these characters of entry, but maybe that is just what Sakurai/Nintendo wants us to think...

I know I'm going full tin foil hat here, but it's something to talk about before E3. What's the consensus on these MS characters here in want and chance? From the little I've seen Banjo is the most liked of the 3 here, people seem to worry more about Steve's fanbase than Steve himself, and Master Chief has some support/positive reactions here and there but nothing overwhelming.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wait a minute I just thought about it again. Now it all makes sense. I know who's he talking about!

DooPliss..... wait I did that wrong I think.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Could we get the title changed so it says P3 instead of E3?
Omfg Persona 3 protagonist confirmed!!!!!!!!

No but seriously what's this P rumor? I'm curious lmao

EDIT: nvm it's just Alax messing with us, I can't believe Ping P. Pool, Pidley and Paluigi are confirmed

Guys lazzy and vergeben are e only ones that count
Lazzy is fake I think, they said a bunch of things about using Discord on Switch or something that never came to fruition

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh, remember this...?

And this gem?

The leak that shows that even the ESRB can’t be trusted
We all think Microsoft automatically denies these characters of entry, but maybe that is just what Sakurai/Nintendo wants us to think...
The first two maybe, but Banjo and Kazooie are definitely characters nobody thinks Microsoft would deny since they already said they'd love to see them in the Smash Bros world

P.Kat

Smash Champion
P? That's all I can think of:

Porky Minch
Pyra
Peppy Hare
Phoenix Whright
Princess Daisy
Pauline
Professor E. Gadd
Professor Layton
Proto Man
Poipole
Plusle and Minun
Pichu
Pheromosa
Persian
Prince Fluff
Pigma
Phosphora that's all I can add

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Omfg Persona 3 protagonist confirmed!!!!!!!!

No but seriously what's this P rumor? I'm curious lmao

Lazzy is fake I think, they said a bunch of things about using Discord on Switch or something that never came to fruition
The YouTuber RelaxAlax made some tweets basically saying he has some Smash 5 leaked info and the roster looks really good, saying he knows of at least 5 characters, with some overdue fan-favorite finally joining. That was a few hours ago earlier in the morning, and just about an hour ago he just tweeted out the word P, and everyone is trying to figure what it means, if anything.

Some people are thinking by “5 characters” he meant 5 letters, and that he’s going to slowly spell out “PRANK” through tweets, but I’m not sure. He might just be trolling though.

He does have a bit of a reputation, and people will be mad if he doesn’t have any info and was lying to us.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
P? Oh, man, my favorite Mario character is finally being added!

shoutouts to SimpleFlips

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, is this leak that's going around just a bunch of youtubers claiming that they've been given a list of newcomers? Is there any evidence to believe this or is that all that's going on?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alright am just gonna check the other threads...

It's been...

Phun.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, is this leak that's going around just a bunch of youtubers claiming that they've been given a list of newcomers? Is there any evidence to believe this or is that all that's going on?
Some of them are credible leakers. That's kind of it.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
P... what if...?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Literally just people grasping for meanings that aren't really there. All text leaks including this one are from unofficial sources and are unprovable.

Oh boy, new rumors! Let's see what fighters are the hot topic right no-...

I was thinking about how Sakurai could possibly surprise us and surpass the Cloud reveal without going full Goku/SpiderMan/Thwomp on us...

Sora could be that answer, but I think we will see a MicroSoft/XBOX character this game. I've seen quite a bit of talk from people outside of the internet of wanting Mine Craft Steve, Master Chief, Banjo Kazooie... Honestly, any 3 of them would break the internet on levels Cloud WISHES he could achieve. I don't know why, but I got a gut feeling at least ONE of them is coming to the game. All 3 are bring something very special to very different groups of audiences, and while Chief and Steve are iconic Banjo is also very popular with people who grew up with N64 games. We all think Microsoft automatically denies these characters of entry, but maybe that is just what Sakurai/Nintendo wants us to think...

I know I'm going full tin foil hat here, but it's something to talk about before E3. What's the consensus on these MS characters here in want and chance? From the little I've seen Banjo is the most liked of the 3 here, people seem to worry more about Steve's fanbase than Steve himself, and Master Chief has some support/positive reactions here and there but nothing overwhelming.
Banjo is definitely much more preferred here and in the general Smash community for his Nintendo history and "90's kids", but Master Cheif would be HUGE. Steve suffers from a divide of young fans versus older people recognizing Minecraft's toxicity, but every 30-year-old and 3rd grader would be down for Master Chief I think, he'd strike the best balance out of these.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A few reminders;

Image-only posts aren't allowed. They fall under spam.

Try to avoid meme jokes as well. They are often considered spam.

Blatantly fake leak jokes are also considered spam.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hope P goes down in Smash speculation meme history.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Made something in 20 minutes representing the current state of r/smashbros and this thread. Joke's aside, I hope the heroes vs villains roster is the truth although I'm extremely doubtful and I'm expecting it as nothing more than a piggyback of Vergeben's leak, which is substantially more likely.

Attachments

Last edited:

SenSx

Smash Apprentice
He correctly guessed the date that Nintendo Switch Online news would come (but messed up any additional info). He's the one that claimed Captain Toad, Spyro and Crash were in Smash
Did not he also admit he was just lucky with online service release date, and that all the rest was fake ?
Only Vergeben has not been debunked so far.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Made something in 20 minutes representing the current state of r/smashbros and this thread. Joke's aside, I hope the heroes vs villains roster is the truth although I'm extremely doubtful and I'm expecting it as nothing more than a piggyback of Vergeben's leak, which is substantially more likely.
The newcomers at left are the definition of perfection.
Even the unexpected ones are good.
Medusa ? Yay.
Porky? Yay.
Samurai Goroh ? * ___ *

One of the best "leaked" lists ever conceived.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Did not he also admit he was just lucky with online service release date, and that all the rest was fake ?
Some dude stole the original leakers leak (and added/removed some information) and claimed it to be his own leak, and started making **** up as he went along. Unfortunately the stolen leak got more attention than the original.

The original leaker claims this guy is a phony.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Say what you want about leaks and rumors leading up to E3 but I personally think it makes for more fun through sheer hype, gets everyone’s minds active and whatnot

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Medusa ? Yay.
Porky? Yay.
Samurai Goroh ? * ___ *

That list is from the "imgur" leak sourcegaming talked about several days ago, basically arguing E3 would explain a heroes vs villains theme for smash switch. Great roster, but I suspect it's a piggyback off of vergeben's leak and nothing more.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
We are so rabid for more information that we are literally discussing about the letter P.

Oh god, how far have we come.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Medusa ? Yay.
Porky? Yay.
Samurai Goroh ? * ___ *

just imagine the amiibos... it would be a great addition to my collection.

Polan

Smash Lord
never did like relax alax so i'm 50/50 on this "leak". though if a bunch of rando youtubers know who is in, then its only a matter of time before someone actually leaks it.

lazzy leak was originally posted on 4chan (lazzy reposted it to gamefaqs and added his own bs source) but the original 4chan post wasn't actually disproven. and black ops is getting a battle royale mode (and activision is lazy enough to port that to the switch and call it a day) and pokemon is going back to kanto so there's some potential truth nuggets buried there (though more than likely they probably compiled all the legit rumours going around and posted them as their own)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The P obviously represents Pyrosphere.

What's the thing most discussed thing on Pyrosphere?

That's right, its the shadow.

The point I'm trying to make here is P is obviously Shadow the Hedgehog

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's been a long time since that teaser with Inkling.
Nintendo was quite mean to let everything build to E3.
Maybe their strategy was to make us so thirsty that even a battle between Link and Mario would be enough to hype us out if made into a new engine.
After Smash4 I kinda surrendered about Dk newcomers. I lost my hope.
They still in my want and prediction lists, but I think Sora have more chances than Dixie or K.Rool.
If they prove me wrong adding both of them I'll lose my mind.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Welcome to the third daily castlevania tune from a different castlevania game until we reach e3.

Im gonna skip gameboys first castlevania (castlevania adventure) cause there is simply tons of games , and not that tons of days! (is that amazing!)

So today is Akumajou denetsu, also know as Castlevania III, btw have you seen netflix series? is based on this game
Did you know that the tracks from the japanese version and the american version were slightly different cause hardware issues? Hardcore!
Here, delight you ears with some Improved chiptunes! (only one more song with 8 bit chiptunes remains, I assure you)

Is good youtubers like Alax hinting at the serie "Pastlevania" getting into smash, with his representative the famous Poultry hunter Simon Peralta in the game.

Zeox

Smash Champion
The P obviously represents Pyrosphere.

What's the thing most discussed thing on Pyrosphere?

That's right, its the shadow.

The point I'm trying to make here is P is obviously Shadow the Hedgehog
And he is a clone of... you guess it right, it's Captain Falcon.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Some people are saying RelaxAlax was the one who did or spread the Rayman fake leak in Smash 4, is that true? Because if it is then he can go **** himself.
It wasn't just him spreading the fake leak...

Pretty much every Youtuber fell for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom