• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That Imgur Leak would be the wrong fan favorites for the most part.

No one really asks for Goroh or Porky anymore.

Mallow has never been a big fan request for Smash either.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Vergeben is the only leak I believe in right now.

I don't believe in that Imgur leak for two reasons:

1. It's a full roster leak hardly near the release date, which is a big pitfall.
2. I feel like the roster is a bit too bloated with 16 additions. With that there's like 74 characters in the game which is going to be a big headache to balance for the game.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Have fun with this one fellas.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Ridley's confirmed you guys.
wait... I remember last night I was bored so I decided to tweet him, but it was like 2 am for me... please don't jugde me I was half sleep and I didn't knew what the hell i was writting
I tweeted this:

So this confirms it... Pichu is finally returning to smash bros.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Its fun to talk about leaks but worst case scenario is being disappointed from a fine end roster.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty sure the point RelaxAlax is making is that there's going to be some longtime favorites. Considering he can only confirm at least 5 newcomers, he obviously doesn't know the whole roster.

Though to be honest, Porky doesn't sound like one. Another possibility is Geno is playable only, with Mallow showing up for some moves/Final Smash. That'd still be technically Geno and Mallow as a team, just not in the way some would expect.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you know some of the roster cool - tell people or be quiet. No thanks to just stirring the pot. People can do that perfectly well on their own. :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Pretty sure the point RelaxAlax is making is that there's going to be some longtime favorites. Considering he can only confirm at least 5 newcomers, he obviously doesn't know the whole roster.

Though to be honest, Porky doesn't sound like one. Another possibility is Geno is playable only, with Mallow showing up for some moves/Final Smash. That'd still be technically Geno and Mallow as a team, just not in the way some would expect.
I doubt Geno will be playable in Smash Switch.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I can only think of Primaria (Pokémon) / Pyra (Xenoblade 2, but that would mean Rex is here?)/ Porky (Earthbound) and Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) with a letter P-

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This youtuber "leak"... isn't a leak. I think we should change topics, unless one of them actually "reveals" something. And no, I don't think the "P" counts, I'm 99% he's trolling with that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Literally the only thing is that it has a lot of "fan favorites."

As of now it's no more credible than Tower of Smash, but some folks take it as gospel because it has K. Rool on it.
"some folks take it as gospel because it has K. Rool on it" should be the tagline for Smashboards. Never change.

That Imgur Leak would be the wrong fan favorites for the most part.

No one really asks for Goroh or Porky anymore.

Mallow has never been a big fan request for Smash either.
Ironically I'd take Goroh, Porky or Mallow over most the other fan favourites. So hipster.

Mallow>Geno for me. Sorry, but weather magic excites me considerably more than beam attacks.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Ahhhhh....P!

For....

Peppy.
Poo.
Protoman.
Plok.
Paper Mario.
...Phoenix Wright.
...Putt-Putt?

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman

If they really do have info, I'm not exactly pleased at the thought of them sharing it with their connections. There's going to be a weak link somewhere and eventually it'll get spoiled for everyone.

Not to imply that the info exists, mind you, but in that scenario I'd rather they just keep quiet.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey how about instead of trying to decode a 'P', you just hit yourself really ****ing hard in the head so you're out of it for the next two weeks. :D

So glad to not be a mod anymore. xD

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Is he being sarcastic? I can't read vauge sarcasm on the internet.

Watch it as he spell "Pranked."
One more letter would basically confirm it. I don't know what PR would be reffering to lol.

Also why are people upset we're talking about this??? It seems most people are not convinced at all but it's not like there's anything else to talk about that we haven't. People ask for "leaks" all the time and the second we get some it's all "why are we even talking about this" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's all stupid speculation and this is giving me a reason to look at my phone during work, so I'm having fun.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if the stirring up of the community of Smash Speculation was intended to make things a little more lively this time?

This speculation era is easily the least enthusiastic and the least genuine. All is focussed on what is new and "relevant", whichever 3rd party character is most likely and such.

Brawl and Smash 4 speculation was far more ambitious, well actually, mostly during Brawl honestly. Maybe people miss this?

Just about everyone predicts the same stuff anyway...

-New Era Generational Pokemon & Fire Emblem Lord in the Holy Name of Relevancy or Celica and Decidueye
-Return of Ice Climbers and Wolf
-Either Elma or Rex & Pyra
-Captain Toad, and especially: CAN HE JUMP OR NOT!? (This is seriously the new Fire Emblem discussion :rolleyes: )
-Ridley ; yes or no (most lean to no, a good progress for those who don't wanna be dissapointed)
-Ballot characters, which basically means; King K.Rool, yes or no
-A token retro character which is bascially Takamaru 80% of the time
-Whichever character is recent, relevant and has some backing popularity
-Dixie Kong ; yes or no, or can she join in conjunction with K.Rool's entry
-Third party talk, mostly Crash, Minecraft Steve and Rayman and the occasional Geno talk
-ARMS Character ; yes or no, and is Spring Man too boring and generic or not

It's honestly getting a little boring.

GrownManJones

Smash Cadet
I don't know any Smash news but as someone who was a full time content creator paying all my bills for 3 years, I will say that 99% of people you look to for info don't care about you, and just do it for clicks and money. I met 2 people in 3 years that actually had integrity.

Tldr: The're liars.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if the stirring up of the community of Smash Speculation was intended to make things a little more lively this time?

This speculation era is easily the least enthusiastic and the least genuine. All is focussed on what is new and "relevant", whichever 3rd party character is most likely and such.

Brawl and Smash 4 speculation was far more ambitious, well actually, mostly during Brawl honestly. Maybe people miss this?

Just about everyone predicts the same stuff anyway...

-New Era Generational Pokemon & Fire Emblem Lord in the Holy Name of Relevancy or Celica and Decidueye
-Return of Ice Climbers and Wolf
-Either Elma or Rex & Pyra
-Captain Toad, and especially: CAN HE JUMP OR NOT!? (This is seriously the new Fire Emblem discussion :rolleyes: )
-Ridley ; yes or no (most lean to no, a good progress for those who don't wanna be dissapointed)
-Ballot characters, which basically means; King K.Rool, yes or no
-A token retro character which is bascially Takamaru 80% of the time
-Whichever character is recent, relevant and has some backing popularity
-Dixie Kong ; yes or no, or can she join in conjunction with K.Rool's entry
-Third party talk, mostly Crash, Minecraft Steve and Rayman and the occasional Geno talk
-ARMS Character ; yes or no, and is Spring Man too boring and generic or not

It's honestly getting a little boring.
I agree with you about this speculation period being too boring but we have less than two weeks now, nothing we can't manage. It's better than hyping ourselfs for an impossible roster.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Thank you for stating how I've felt for some time but was afraid of stating. A part of the reason why I want a large focus to be on ballot choices so that this thread would be focusing more on what people are actually passionate about instead of merely focusing on what is expected because of "TEH RECENCY!"

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I don't know any Smash news but as someone who was a full time content creator paying all my bills for 3 years, I will say that 99% of people you look to for info don't care about you, and just do it for clicks and money. I met 2 people in 3 years that actually had integrity.

Tldr: The're liars.
This 100%.

A lot of people not want to admit it, because "[so-and-so] is such a great and cool person! There is no way they would do something like this!" but these people's entire lives run entirely off of attention. It brings more clicks and ad revenue to their YouTube channels, and more potential patrons to their Patreons.

Exploiting the immense Smash tension right now for attention is hardly out of the question, especially considering we've seen it happen before, with YouTubers claiming Shovel Knight would be Smash DLC. The fact that they're all being extremely "hee hee we know but you don't, nah nah nuh boo boo" instead of either being entirely quiet about it or just spilling the beans shows that they're likely just in this to get their name out there.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What is even going on anymore? lol

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Imagine if all this youtuber rumbling was actually leading up to another ArtsyOmni fake leak, except with more time and effort put into it, only for it to be on a character that's actually going to be in smash switch, thus not only fooling us but fooling media outlets enough for it to be taken down, thus being one of the top 10 biggest baits ever pulled on the smash community? Would be the funniest conclusion to this series of events for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom