• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
i have a **** ton of songs that i'd like to see in smash, these are just some of them
Not a bad list. Although, I had never listened to "I'm a Lady Now", so I clicked on the video to see what it was like.

If they don't remix it and they keep it exactly how it is, changing the settings so that I'll never hear that song again will be my top priority when Smash Switch comes out.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Yo, that's great. I need to play Odyssey smh.

There's so many great songs I want for Smash Switch. I hope the OST isn't as disappointing as 4's was.
Most wanted:
(I know this one's in the game but it kinda sucks)
I absolutely forgot about Gladion's theme!!!! I hope if they remix it they only make it better, but it's honestly perfect the way it is. I'm ready to make it the only song that plays on whatever stage it's on!

Speaking of music and settings, am I the only one who picks 2-3 songs per stage that play 100% and set all others to 0? I feel like I'm missing out when I do that but I'm kind of stubborn lol.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Breath of the Wild Link is the obvious contender for a new Zelda character. We know he is in the game.

A character based on movement and exploration-based 'experience' would be new.

• A stamina wheel side special would allow Link to scale walls and glide.

• His weapon would upgrade to a better one after a set amount of landed attacks. The old weapon would shatter and be replaced.

• Magnesis: which allows Link to fish the stage for a treasure chest (moving it around while underground in order to launch people until enough time as passed whereupon the chest would explode out of the floor). The chest contains a Guardian sword item.

• A Down Smash that allows him to build a campfire, which burns opponents going through and creates an updraft for a paragliding Hylian.

• An Up Special that allows Link to mount the Lord of the Mountain. He can fire arrows while upon his mount.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Breath of the Wild Link is the obvious contender for a new Zelda character. We know he is in the game.

• His weapon would upgrade to a better one after a set amount of landed attacks. The old weapon would shatter and be replaced.

• Magnesis: which allows Link to fish the stage for a treasure chest (moving it around while underground in order to launch people until enough time as passed whereupon the chest would explode out of the floor). The chest contains a Guardian sword item.

• A Down Smash that allows him to build a campfire, which burns opponents going through and creates an updraft for a paragliding Hylian.

• An Up Special that allows Link to mount the Lord of the Mountain. He can fire arrows while upon his mount.
I probably would've agreed with you three months ago, but now that we got an actual teaser for Smash Switch, my feelings have changed drastically.

Maybe Nintendo is intentionally throwing me off, but I can't see them casually showing off BotW Link like that if he was a separate character. Right now, I think BotW Link is a replacement for TP Link, with only a few changes to the old moveset.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Zelda, we know Link will be changed to his BotW counterpart but are we sure they will change Zelda too? Maybe she’ll stay in her current form and have just Link represent BotW.

I am also wondering about if we’ll ever get a new Sonic character, i think if we get one it HAS to be Tails, they kind of go together, sure Knuckles and Shadow are contenders too but i don’t see them entering Smash before Tails.

What do you guys think? (Sorry if this has been asked before)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Speaking of Zelda, we know Link will be changed to his BotW counterpart but are we sure they will change Zelda too? Maybe she’ll stay in her current form and have just Link represent BotW.

I am also wondering about if we’ll ever get a new Sonic character, i think if we get one it HAS to be Tails, they kind of go together, sure Knuckles and Shadow are contenders too but i don’t see them entering Smash before Tails.

Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf have had consistent designs forever, if they mix and match them it'll annoy the **** outta me, updating them all is a much better way to go about things imo

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf have had consistent designs forever, if they mix and match them it'll annoy the **** outta me, updating them all is a much better way to go about things imo
Well i agree with you all the way, but then i hope they change Ganondorf too. Maybe Sakurai can design his version of a BotW Ganondorf?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Well i agree with you all the way, but then i hope they change Ganondorf too. Maybe Sakurai can design his version of a BotW Ganondorf?
I would love a new Ganondorf design, well assuming it's a good one lol. But I'm really unsure if that's what Sakurai would do. Honestly I'm not sure what they'll do with his design at all.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
But Ganondorf is not in breath of the wild.
And Sheik wasn't in twilight princess, I mean she had preexisting concept art tho but it can't be too difficult to get whoever designed Link and Zelda to design a new and Ganondorf and Sheik too

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know we've probably moved on from music we want in Smash, but...

Kirby games always have the best boss music. I'd really like to see more of them in Smash.

Three months ago, everyone was saying, "OhButThere'sNoWaySakuraiWouldUseBotWVersionsOfLinkAndZelda. GanondorfWasn'tInTheGame."

At this point, what do we know? Sakurai does what Sakurai wants, and we'll never come close to predicting him.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
But Ganondorf is not in breath of the wild.
And Sheik wasn't in twilight princess, I mean she had preexisting concept art tho but it can't be too difficult to get whoever designed Link and Zelda to design a new and Ganondorf and Sheik too
Do we know if Sheik or Ganondorf had concept art for BotW? I know they Sakurai could maybe go with the Sheikah armor set, and base Sheik off of that. Ganondorf though...What do we have? We know he’ll be in the game, but how?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think everyone that wants Goku in smash are pretty dumb... because Krillin is cleary the superior choice.
Finally a Smasher of culture. I want to throw deadly pizzas and team up with hot androids too.

Yamcha the Real Man’s Man >
This is also acceptable.

The Saiyans really do have the most boring techniques in the series, not that it matters; they're never getting in.

After all we don't like transformation characters.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Do we know if Sheik or Ganondorf had concept art for BotW? I know they Sakurai could maybe go with the Sheikah armor set, and base Sheik off of that. Ganondorf though...What do we have? We know he’ll be in the game, but how?
Nah, Neither are featured in the game's artbook unless they were purposely kept out of it. There's the phantom ganon armour tho

Much like Sheik's mask it takes after OoT

D

Deleted member

They could potentially be taking a different approach to the Zelda characters. Link and Zelda get new movesets and they represent BOTW, while the Toon Versions of them have their original movesets and they represent the toon Zelda game’s, and Shiek and Ganondorf represent Twilight Princess.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
They could potentially be taking a different approach to the Zelda characters. Link and Zelda get new movesets and they represent BOTW, while the Toon Versions of them have their original movesets and they represent the toon Zelda game’s, and Shiek and Ganondorf represent Twilight Princess.
I feel like the 3 triforce wielders kinda NEED to be consistent, reverting sheik to her OoT design and playing it off like she's actually just OoT Zelda isn't a terrible idea tho now that they're separate anyway.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm still surprised this wasn't in Brawl.

Also, I know it's not a new song but

Zero-Two's theme should get another remix because it's that good :p

I think Tails makes the most sense and is the most likely as well but I think there's also a large chance of Dr. Eggman being (one of) the newcomer(s) as well if we ever get a new Sonic character, he's on par with Tails in terms of how important and iconic he is and evidence points towards him being the most popular Sonic character in Japan.

I know we've probably moved on from music we want in Smash, but...

Kirby games always have the best boss music. I'd really like to see more of them in Smash.
Yeah, we could really use more of them, C-R-O-W-N-E-D, Under my Control/Hyper Zone 1, Hyper Zone 2, Miracle Matter, Moonstruck Blossom, Sullied Grace, Mind in the Program, Soul 0 System, any of the songs from THAT boss fight or really any of the final boss themes would be great additions.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm quite fond of this one personally
AHHH! These are so cool! I didn't know I needed this! I still really support and want Toon Ganondorf but god do I hope Sakurai decides we need a BOTW Ganondorf design (or goes for Hyrule Warriors. Come on Sakurai I'm giving you 3 options here!)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Link and Zelda will have their BotW variants (personally I hope Zelda's BotW royal dress is her default), Sheik will resemble the ninja costume from the game, and Ganondorf will be designed around ancient guardian tech.

At least, that's what I think is most likely.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm on the side that Sheik and Ganondorf will likely have close to the same design, just with a few color differences, and Link and Zelda will be the ones that carry the BotW designs. Even then, the only character confirmed to use BotW designs is link so it's very possible that he'll be the only one using that design.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Alright you all talk a lot about a breath of the wild ganondorf but I have something much better, Señor Ganondorf:

ZAHÍRITΣiΚΛ

Unguided Rainbow
Switch FC
SW-7955-8996-6175
what if they like let capcom name it?

SUPER Super Smash Brothers V Ultra Hyper Portable Edition EX×Spaghetti

Seriously tho, what could this gsme be named??? I can't think of a cool name.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Ganondorf's got a pretty big playerbase within Smash.

I honestly feel his ship for a new moveset has sailed. I think changing it now would do more harm than good.

ZAHÍRITΣiΚΛ

Unguided Rainbow
Switch FC
SW-7955-8996-6175
also yes Hot Ganon. Yes please. 11/10 would main. Gimmie the goods Sakurai!!!

Hot Ganon 2k18. I haven't slept in 2 days. HOT GANON!!!

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I still hold a little hope that BotW Link is a newcomer. Link, as a character, is never the same person. Smash 64 to Melee worked, since it was the same Link. Melee to Brawl too, because OoT and TP Link are among the most similar Links, plus they're related. Then comes Smash 4 and Skyward Sword Link is overlooked. SS Link has no boomerang, and he's a trained knight of sorts. His swordsmanship is much more refined compared to OoT and TP Link's wilder style. It made sense to overlook him taking that and Zelda/lack of Ganondorf into consideration.

But now Breath of the Wild comes in, and we know Wild Link is in the game. How will Wild Link fit into Link's previous moveset? His bombs are drastically different, and he lacks a hook/clawshot. Would they change the moveset to reflect those? Or will they just leave the bombs the same and change the clawshot for Magnesis? Among the Zelda characters, Link is the best represented by a big margin. His unrefined sword style has always felt in-character and his kicks help show he is not a swordsman. All items work like they do in the games. Ignoring the big change in bombs and using Magnesis as a grab/a normal grab would be a step back from current Link.

Wild Link is vastly different from OoT/TP Link. Even though he once was a swordsmanship prodigy, he's forgotten how to fight. For most of the game Wild Link scavenges for weapons and uses them as a means to survive until he gets the Master Sword, and even then gameplay forces you to use other weapons. Limiting this Link to just the Master Sword seems a tad unfair compared to how well current Link's moveset has fit his past designs.

Having Wild Link just be a cosmetic replacement would be very different from how Link has been treated. A Wild Link newcomer would also mitigate the issue with Ganondorf not having a matching design. Keeping TP Link, Ganondorf and Zelda like they are, giving Zelda a BotW costume and adding Wild Link as a newcomer seems like the best option for all the characters, unless reworks are happening. I don't think having three Links is an issue, since they would all be different persons. You'd have to be pretty ignorant of the franchise to complain about "Link" taking three spots, and at that point I don't think that person's opinions should matter.

Zelda, on the other hand, has a loosely fitting moveset, and having a BotW design go with it is not as much of a stretch.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They add Meowth but is an inverse pokemon trainer, Meowth is in the background and changes between Jessie or James to fight.
You know... I had an idea where Meowth would be paired with Arbok or Weezing like Rosalina & Luma or Duck Hunt or Ice Climbers. Down+B to switch between Arbok and Weezing. That or just have Wobbuffet as Meowth's partner. The character would be collectively called "Team Rocket".

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'd rather they scrap Falcondorf altogether and make a new Wind Waker Ganondorf to have him contrast against Toon Link instead of either leaving him in his Twilight Princess incarnation or making up a BOTW look. Wind Waker Dorf being the best Ganondorf also helps.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It's time to make a confession.
I only defended Sora and Kingdom Hearts for a single thing.
Only because if he made it in, it will means we get KH music in Smash.​

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand

These are the most original moves I have seen for a Wild Link moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom