• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Man, either Vergeben was right, or he just put on the gambit of his life and is risking the entire internet devouring him whole.
Yeah, if he's wrong (or his sources), his credibility is going to be completely shot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rabbid Peach is amazing, because she's the complete opposite of what Peach herself is.

She's pretty much creating a Wario for Peach. And that's why she stands out the best of all the Rabbid counterparts.
A more Marketable Waru-Peach basically.

There's lots to be said for Rabbid Luigi too but he more or less fills the same role character dynamic wise as Luigi.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
If this is a prediction roster, notable exclusions are Sheik and Bayonetta (I'd also argue Cloud but I can admit he's much more debatable since he isn't as tied to Nintendo as she is), as well as cutting half of the FE roster.

As much as I'd love to see both Toon Zelda and Tetra, I can't see it happen. I feel we won't even get a Zelda newcomer this game, and if we do, someone like Skull Kid/Midna are probably more likely (but I'd love Tetra in this roster).
About that, I lied about the prediction part of the roster, Oops.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Speaking of Bayonetta quotes, that reminds me of something I wanted to bring up.

"What are your thoughts on Bayonetta making it into Super Smash Bros.? How involved were you in that process?

I didn’t have that discussion with Sakurai myself. I think Sakurai most likely puts characters in that he really likes, so he must have really liked Bayonetta. I was really happy to see Bayonetta in Smash. I hope she’s in future Smash games as well."
-Source
Namely this sentence here:
I think Sakurai most likely puts characters in that he really likes, so he must have really liked Bayonetta.

So... is this implying something? :p
This adds a little bit of credit to the idea of Simon Belmont, as Sakurai said in his interview with Nomura that Castlevania and Zelda were the games that changed the way he thought about gaming.

Zeox

Smash Champion
This adds a little bit of credit to the idea of Simon Belmont, as Sakurai said in his interview with Nomura that Castlevania and Zelda were the games that changed the way he thought about gaming.
Oh, I want to read that interview, where can I find it?

D

Deleted member

Rabbid Peach is obviously the one true top tier waifu. The likes of Palutena and Lucina can't even hope to compete. :troll:

In all seriousness, I absolutely love the idea of the Rabbids, and I think that they might have a better shot than some might expect.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Rabbid Peach is obviously the one true top tier waifu. The likes of Palutena and Lucina can't even hope to compete. :troll:

In all seriousness, I absolutely love the idea of the Rabbids, and I think that they might have a better shot than some might expect.
If they make rabbids playable but not Rayman, be ready for chaos and salt

D

Deleted member

But what if they add Bubsy? what could possibly go wrong?
Don't you mean "pawssibly"?

...I apologize deeply for that.

Out of curiosity, how would people feel about Mario & Luigi stuff in Smash? Maybe even adding the Bros. in as a duo character similar to the Ice Climbers?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Out of curiosity, how would people feel about Mario & Luigi stuff in Smash? Maybe even adding the Bros. in as a duo character similar to the Ice Climbers?
I think making both of them wold take away from their individual characters, since they are already present as two different characters. It's not like Popo and Nana, where differences are pretty much limited with looks.

Zeox

Smash Champion

Eeeehh... honestly, I don't want a third Mario, I would rather have another character to represent the Mario & Luigi stuff, like Fawful or Cackletta.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I doubt we'd ever get a character (if we do Antasma all the way babeeeeee) though some trophies and a stage are long overdue.

D

Deleted member

Eeeehh... honestly, I don't want a third Mario, I would rather have another character to represent the Mario & Luigi stuff, like Fawful or Cackletta.
I'm honestly not sure I'd want a third Mario either, to be honest. I think my preferred outcome for this Smash would probably be making Dr. Mario a costume swap for Mario and putting Paper Mario in as a new, unique take on Mario in Smash.

I'm also with others here; while I like the idea of a Mario and Luigi duo, it probably doesn't make a whole ton of sense, and something like a stage would work out a lot better in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Please god no. Rabbids are up there with Sans and Jibanyan in terms of characters I don’t wan coming anywhere near Smash. Awful proto-minion garbage.

Zeox

Smash Champion
From the only trailer we have from the game, it gives a feel of spooky and darkness.
Maybe it could mean that this smash is gonna have a lot of new villain characters, like Medusa, Porky, King K. Rool, etc...? and the name of this smash is gonna have relation with that, that's why is keep as secret, to not give away what is gonna be the theme of this smash.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
From the only trailer we have from the game, it gives a feel of spooky and darkness.
Maybe it could mean that this smash is gonna have a lot of new villain characters, like Medusa, Porky, King K. Rool, etc...? and the name of this smash is gonna have relation with that, that's why is keep as secret, to not give away what is gonna be the theme of this smash.
Seems like a stretch just basing it off of a teaser. Wouldn't mind though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do you mean as playable characters? Brawl (and Smash For, if one includes Koopalings) also had a lot of villains/anti heroes but you can't say that from their reveal trailers or names.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I've had a thought the name is gunna reveal something too seeing as every other first time reveal of Smash the name was given right away. Something involving villians (Heroes vs. Villians) is my dream but even in a dream I don't think the majority of newcomers would be villians to justify the title.

I'm thinking more something refrencing this being the ultimate smash or the final smash (for a long time at least, or maybe just Sakurai's). Maybe it'll wind up just being Super Smash Bros. to kind of tie the series together. But I definitely feel the name will be bigger than just *insert fight synonym* or for Switch.

D

Deleted member

As someone who loves the Mother series, I would definitely be okay with Porky. I don't think you could have him in his big mech though, so what would he do moveset-wise?

Also, K. Rool would be cool. Medusa is...eh, I personally don't think Kid Icarus needs four characters; three was already kind of stretching it for me.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Yeah hence why I said, proto-minion. As in, prototype minion. Disgusting screaming unfunny bunny garbage.
My bad I misread it
Even so as I’ve said before , they’re the only characters to have crossed over with Mario without being a mini game Olympics collection

Zeox

Smash Champion
As someone who loves the Mother series, I would definitely be okay with Porky. I don't think you could have him in his big mech though, so what would he do moveset-wise? .
Made by Dalek_Kolt:
Porky in his mecha spider bot from earhtbound have the right size to be playable, never forget that lucas and ness have a similar size to kirby.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
As a tag team character like Rosalina and Luna or ice climbers
The Rabbids are basically their own franchise right now.... They wouldn't make sense as a team with Rayman.

And I wouldn't like i. One bit. If only because it would mean thtat, god forbid, Rayman is in the game in some form.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
The Rabbids are basically their own franchise right now.... They wouldn't make sense as a team with Rayman.

And I wouldn't like i. One bit. If only because it would mean thtat, god forbid, Rayman is in the game in some form.
I know, it was a joke :laugh:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Actually, there is ANOTHER Sonic Man I'd be okay with.

Lordy, I loved these comics.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If there is a story mode, I hope the final cinematic is all the characters fighting together to destroy the final boss like in
Kirby Star allies
Also, I hope that, if there is a final boss, is not tabuu or master core but something new and more spooky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom