• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Just watched that Source gaming vid about Rayman being unlikely.

LOL okay... 25% get outta here, he was in the game already!

They made a 3D model just for him and they made some for his crew!

What kind of opinion is that?

I mean I would put him above a ton of 3rd parties, because like I said assets kind of exist already they just need to be rigged and animated.
Yeah but that video concerning Rayman is armless.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I want to believe this leak but idk it's hard
I mean, we have this in our minds that SSB5 is based on SSB4's engine or whatever which would make no cuts a really likely scenario, but is it really that way? Who knows maybe they worked on a different engine, or third-party rights clearance just didn't work out smoothly, or they just thought some characters had to get the axe regardless? We really don't know what's happening behind the scenes so idk there's no reason for me to believe the leak. Plus there's the thing of it being a text leak from Gamefaqs so :/

If it's true, though, I'd be a happy guy. One of my most wanted newcomers (Ridley), one of my most wanted returning veterans (IC), one of the few popular third-party choices I think that'd actually fit in Smash (Belmont) and no cuts (which means Dr. Mario will come back to the dismay of many annoying clone haters :p)

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually, there's an angle to this that hasn't been considered (at least lately):
If the Miis are coming back like the leak says, is it possible they're going to be kept as-is despite being such a train wreck? There are a lot of really interesting things that could be done with them, but I don't think that that's what's going to happen.
They were only a "train wreck" competitively. In a more general sense the Miis have to had resonated with younger fans and/or anyone playing casually in having close enough options to characters that couldn't quite make the cut in Smash 4. I also can't quite see Nintendo stopping the DLC Mii costume train they had going.

Even though they're not at the centerpiece like they were on the Wii and Wii U. The fact that they're still being used at all still leads me to believe they'll be in Smash Switch. There's not many titles using them besides MK8 Deluxe, so I understand there being a seed of doubt. But you'd think they would of removed Miis from the Switch altogether if they really were going to phase them out like this. If there's any game that would get people making Miis on the Switch despite it being a tad less featured. It's Smash.

(On a side note, it'd be a huge bummer that Miis finally get more hair color options then the natural hair colors they always had. But then not make it in Smash. More hair colors means alot more "close enough" options then Smash had previously)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Considering that there's likely to be a Volume 2 line of Smash Amiibo, Rayman would be a ***** to work on, he would just look too awkward if they do find a solution to the limb problem.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Considering that there's likely to be a Volume 2 line of Smash Amiibo, Rayman would be a ***** to work on, he would just look too awkward if they do find a solution to the limb problem.
They'll definitely have to put some other element in the amiibo for it to work. Something like this statue maybe:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Or they could just save time and money and not even bother finding a solution, passing it off as a "DIY project".

Part of me wants to see this happen, just because it would be one of the most poorly-executed products Nintendo ever produced.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Pyra (And Mythra by extension) are very different characters by the end game given the events that transpire. They act on their own accord plenty of times and break the "harem waifu" trope I keep seeing get tossed around all the time. I don't really want to get into spoilers here.

Meanwhile, at the same time, while Elma is widely considered to just be the bland side character for the protagonist, her purpose in the game's ending is pretty substantial, and really, despite being a foil for your silent protagonist, it really is more her story. Much like Chrom compared to Robin.

I'm just saying both characters aren't as black and white as people make them out to be.
Ah, I see what you mean but in general I personally didn't find Pyra all that interesting or memorable tbh, she felt like your typical nice anime girl surrounded by more interesting characters, had the game revolved around mythra instead and honed in more on the glimpses of a much more interesting dynamic with rex than pyra had, I think the story would've been better off. In general I preferred Mythra.

I guess it's all down to preference though, Elma isn't the most super interesting or extremely developed character but I very much prefer those types of characters who are a little more subdued and serious and generally badass to the type of character Pyra is.

Plus Pyra's design is just AWFUL OMG

The only way I see a rayman amiibo happening is if he's sitting down like kirby is with both hands on the ground

kinda like this I guess

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
It might be too early, but I will take an extreme risk and bank on the leak being real before insiders get into it and make the leak more credible. So here is a new prediction roster:

Still, I am going to admit that I was wrong about Ridley and Simon. So I will not get bragging points from that regardless if the leak ends up being real.

If the leak ends up being wrong, ah well. It will cost me somewhat. It is fun to bet anyway. :p

I promise analyses for newcomer additions like Ridley, Mii Mage, and Simon will come soon. When all those analyses are done, then my prediction roster will be completed and the full roster post will come.
Here's my initial thoughts upon seeing this roster:
  • I actually like the idea of a hanafuda character. WTF characters like Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B are always hard to predict, so having a unique idea for that spot always gives you a leg up on the competition (granted, I don't know if I'd bet money on this character, but to each their own).
  • I'm a bit iffy on Wolf making the base roster. If this was a Final roster with all the DLC, then Wolf totally makes sense, but I doubt that Sakurai would plan a main roster spot to bring Wolf back if he got cut once. ICs are a little different, because they were always planned for SSB4 but were cut due to technical issues
  • I really like the fact you chose Lycanroc, as he's probably one of the most slept on choices for this game. As a tiny nitpick, I would choose his Dusk form instead of his Day form, as its the most popular one and the one that Ash has in the anime.
  • I'm a little iffy on two Animal Crossing and Xenoblade characters. I could see Isabelle and Rex, but not Tom Nook and Elma. If this was pre-New Leaf, I could definitely see Tom Nook, but Isabelle has cemented herself as the big NPC in Animal Crossing. Likewise, Elma would've been good had Xenoblade 2 not happened, but now X feels like old hat like Gen 3 and 5 were for Pokemon in Brawl and Smash 4 respectively. These problems could be null if these franchises get two reps, but I really don't see that happening. The only Animal Crossing thing that happened between Smash 4 and the project plan was Amiibo Festival, a game received poorly both critically and financially. Xenoblade had a major release and another in development during the project planning, but the series still doesn't feel large enough to justify 2 characters ala Kirby or Fire Emblem.
  • Dr. Kawashima is iffy. It's one thing to have a real life person cameo has an non-interactible assist trophy. However, its another thing to have a real life person on the Smash roster, where they are seen fighting and getting beat up by fictional characters. This could be a non-issue, as there's no real precedent for having a real life person in Smash, but I think that could be a factor prevent Kawashima's inclusion.
  • Regarding 3rd parties, I think that amount is more expected for DLC rather than for the base roster. Regardless, I largely agree with every 3rd party choice on this roster with the exception of Sora. Sora has competition from a Dragon Quest character (a series which far outsells Kingdom Hearts) and Disney's necessary involvement that prevents me from considering him as likely.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I really wonder how many people making arguments in both Elma and Pyra's favor have actually played both of their games to completion. Because the arguments against both of them that I'm seeing are literally things that are addressed by end-game. That doesn't make either of them better, per se, but it does make both parties arguments a bit more shallow to me.
Played all 3. XBX1 and 2 are some of my all time favorite games. Yet X is one of my least favorite games ever made. Such a shallow game that removed everything enjoyable about Xenoblade Chronicles. At this point I consider myself one of the biggest XBC fans out there. Hopefully that terrible spin off title fades from existence like the Starwars Holiday special has.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ah, I see what you mean but in general I personally didn't find Pyra all that interesting or memorable tbh, she felt like your typical nice anime girl surrounded by more interesting characters, had the game revolved around mythra instead and honed in more on the glimpses of a much more interesting dynamic with rex than pyra had, I think the story would've been better off. In general I preferred Mythra.

I guess it's all down to preference though, Elma isn't the most super interesting or extremely developed character but I very much prefer those types of characters who are a little more subdued and serious and generally badass to the type of character Pyra is.

Plus Pyra's design is just AWFUL OMG
The one thing I will agree on is Pyra's design and the designs of the Xenoblade 2 characters in general. It's really hard to argue against those.

However, I feel people severely underestimate Pyra based on her design and promotional material. She really is a great character with a lot of depth. The game just doesn't show her true colors until a decent way through the game to keep that air of mystery around her.

It's kind of like the Fire Emblem Awakening cast: a lot of characters are trope-y, but they do eventually shatter those tropes and come out into their own shell. Especially in the games heart to hearts and side quests each blade has.

I can't blame people for making presumptions about her based on promotions and the beginning of the game. Monolith made some weird changes to be sure, not all of them great. But I think they should have a little more faith in Monolith given the previous two games. Because there is so much more to the game than meets the eye.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
To be honest, whether we like them or not really doesn't effect Rex or Elma's chances. In the end it's a mix of which game is more important/moveset potential/popularity. I don't have any affilation with both of them but I wonder if one of them will cbe chosen, which factors will determine the outcome.

(but I want to see if Smash cencorship can make Pyra's design better)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Played all 3. XBX1 and 2 are some of my all time favorite games. Yet X is one of my least favorite games ever made. Such a shallow game that removed everything enjoyable about Xenoblade Chronicles. At this point I consider myself one of the biggest XBC fans out there. Hopefully that terrible spin off title fades from existence like the Starwars Holiday special has.
Well I'd argue that Xenoblade 2 feels like a worse version of the original, managing to both dumb down the gameplay while offering a less interesting story with less interesting, engaging and relatable characters and a plot that just felt far more generic. X is very different from the original with a focus on gameplay and exploration so I don't compare them since they're both great in different ways but 2 just felt like a worse take on the first game

The one thing I will agree on is Pyra's design and the designs of the Xenoblade 2 characters in general. It's really hard to argue against those.

However, I feel people severely underestimate Pyra based on her design and promotional material. She really is a great character with a lot of depth. The game just doesn't show her true colors until a decent way through the game to keep that air of mystery around her.

It's kind of like the Fire Emblem Awakening cast: a lot of characters are trope-y, but they do eventually shatter those tropes and come out into their own shell. Especially in the games heart to hearts and side quests each blade has.

I can't blame people for making presumptions about her based on promotions and the beginning of the game. Monolith made some weird changes to be sure, not all of them great. But I think they should have a little more faith in Monolith given the previous two games. Because there is so much more to the game than meets the eye.
Maybe I'm forgetting cause I found Pyra generally unmemorable but I don't really see the depth you're talking about tbh, she developed her relationship with rex but as an individual character she felt bland to me all the way through that messy ass story, she's not an unlikable character but she never felt like she stood out at all from the comparatively more interesting cast at really any point. Mythra is better imo

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well I'd argue that Xenoblade 2 feels like a worse version of the original, managing to both dumb down the gameplay while offering a less interesting story with less interesting, engaging and relatable characters and a plot that just felt far more generic. X is very different from the original with a focus on gameplay and exploration so I don't compare them since they're both great in different ways but 2 just felt like a worse take on the first game
I'm pretty much the opposite. Nothing can beat XBC1 for me, but in terms of "just a worse version of the original", I'd say X fills that role pretty damn well.

With forgettable characters and a plot that went nowhere fast, X was a HUGE disappointment to me. The only reason I'm rooting for Elma to be in Smash is because she is quite literally the only character from that game I can remember.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much the opposite. Nothing can beat XBC1 for me, but in terms of "just a worse version of the original", I'd say X fills that role pretty damn well.

With forgettable characters and a plot that went nowhere fast, X was a HUGE disappointment to me. The only reason I'm rooting for Elma to be in Smash is because she is quite literally the only character from that game I can remember.
X is nothing like the original tho, it's nothing like it in terms of narrative structure, world design or gameplay, if you went into X expecting another chronicles of course you're going to be disappointed because they're nothing alike, X's job was to offer you an amazing world to explore and offer fun gameplay which is exactly what it did. For me I played X first so I never went in with that expectation like others did. 2 follows the same structure as the first game but is just an overall worse experience imo.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah but that video concerning Rayman is armless.
Nice pun.

That being said, I'm absolutely confident that people will be wrong about the newcomers for Smash Switch just like the way they were with Smash 4. The top ten characters according to the Rate Their Chance thread at this point?

1. Rex and Pyra (64.69%)
2. Decidueye (57.87%)
3. Takamaru (57.56%)
4. Dixie Kong (57.51%)
5. Bandana Dee (56.64%)
6. Captain Toad (48.60%)
7. King K. Rool (48.49%)
8. Rayman (48.29%)
9. Isabelle (46.09%)
10. Elma (42.60%)
I wouldn't be surprised if only 1 or 2 of these guys made it in.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Maybe I'm forgetting cause I found Pyra generally unmemorable but I don't really see the depth you're talking about tbh, she developed her relationship with rex but as an individual character she felt bland to me all the way through that messy *** story, she's not an unlikable character but she never felt like she stood out at all from the comparatively more interesting cast at really any point. Mythra is better imo
What's funny is that's the exact opposite for me. Myrhra was just generic Tsundere from beginning to end for me. She barely even developed outside of the moment they're reunited after "that" form is revealed.

I also quite enjoyed the story a good deal, but that just comes down to taste I guess.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Nice pun.

That being said, I'm absolutely confident that people will be wrong about the newcomers for Smash Switch just like the way they were with Smash 4. The top ten characters according to the Rate Their Chance thread at this point?

To be honest. The RTC and ROSTER PREDICTION are like 75% of the time wrong. People call some character as "shoe-in" and "TOTALLY IN GUYS!", dismissing other characters, and when the game is out, most of them turn their jacket and act as if nothing surprised them when they never predicted any character beside one or two.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To be honest. The RTC and ROSTER PREDICTION are like 75% of the time wrong. People call some character as "shoe-in" and "TOTALLY IN GUYS!", dismissing other characters, and when the game is out, most of them turn their jacket and act as if nothing surprised them when they never predicted any character beside one or two.
That's just how Smash speculation is. They could add literally anyone, no matter how obscure, and everyone will act as if they knew it was coming the whole time, and that they've been supporters of the character since day 1.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
What's funny is that's the exact opposite for me. Myrhra was just generic Tsundere from beginning to end for me. She barely even developed outside of the moment they're reunited after "that" form is revealed.

I also quite enjoyed the story a good deal, but that just comes down to taste I guess.
For me personally I enjoyed Mythra's dynamic with rex, they had some fun banter and she was a good contrast to rex, her reluctance to get close to rex was also interesting, it's just a shame we really weren't able to see much of it, and I liked her slightly ****** attitude. In particular that scene with rex and poppi stuck out to me.

But anyway this is turning into a xenoblade board quickly, let's get back to smash lmao

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think a lot of people act suprised to Smash For's roster. It created a lot of "Sakurai can make a moveset for everyone!!" which is weird, considering man announced he can't make a interesting character with just a sword anymore.

Also, a lot of choises was actually pretty reasonable and kinda predictable, in retrospective, hence this comments. But I'll be honest, I saw none of them coming, maybe except Palutena and Mega Man.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
One thing I love about these leaks is they're never all the details when real. This makes it more fun because there's always more to come.

That said, I seriously hope Snake comes back. If he doesn't, I would like a simple explanation why. Especially if he was able to get Simon. It could've been as simple as "Konami said no." or it could be more complex than that.
I'd love to see Snake return too, but he's certainly a low priority in my book, in terms of veterans (and most newcomers, honestly). The 58 characters from Smash 3DS/Wii U, ICs and Wolf are much higher priority, but hopefully we get all of them. :)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hey, Gamefaqs just added the flair option to their site. It'll be nice to filter the ridiculous topics on the Smash board there.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nice pun.

And watch it only be the ones closer to the bottom too. The characters who everyone felt 50/50 with at best.

"Isabelle and Elma!? I called it! Never doubted 'em for a second!"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I also have a prediction roster
(Uploads Smash Switch roster)
View attachment 144927
If this is a prediction roster, notable exclusions are Sheik and Bayonetta (I'd also argue Cloud but I can admit he's much more debatable since he isn't as tied to Nintendo as she is), as well as cutting half of the FE roster.

As much as I'd love to see both Toon Zelda and Tetra, I can't see it happen. I feel we won't even get a Zelda newcomer this game, and if we do, someone like Skull Kid/Midna are probably more likely (but I'd love Tetra in this roster).

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
And watch it only be the ones closer to the bottom too. The characters who everyone felt 50/50 with at best.

"Isabelle and Elma!? I called it! Never doubted 'em for a second!"
I can just imagine it.

"What are you guys talking about, Spring Man and Rex never stood a chance!" - poster who thought Spring Man and Rex were the two most likely characters for Smash Switch pre-release.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Is this a troll post? Because this is such an inversion of reality that it's just absurd beyond belief. You're just simply objectively wrong. Like you are literally saying that Sora from Kingdom Hearts is more likely than a Bomberman or Castlevania character, let alone likely AT ALL. You are talking about a character hardly anybody recognizes (MH), a second fighting game character (Heihachi), a Dragon Quest character I've never heard anyone request, and a Disney character. These are the characters you think are more likely than Bomberman and Simon Belmont who are infinitely more iconic and popular than all of these characters combined and have been requested since Super Smash Bros Brawl, probably even earlier.

SURELY you jest.
Sorry to everyone, but this long. I had to make a point.

My God. Are you okay? It’s just Smashboards and speculation. I admire you passion, but honestly, you could’ve worded that a lot better as to not sound so self rightoues. Neither of us work with Sakurai, Nintendo, or any of their subsequent subsidiaries. We are on an even playing field here in terms of knowledge about this game.

However, honey if you want to spill tea, then let me be the one to serve it to you.

Since you’re so sure Bomberman and Simon are the most likely 3rd Party newcomers, let’s look at some facts.

I’ll be looking at things such as the company the franchise originates from, lifetime sales, and history with Nintendo, as well as the gaming world.

Bomberman and Simon both come from Konami. The same company as the lost and beloved Smash community’s fan favorite, Snake.

“Snake not coming back doesn’t mean Bomberman and Simon don’t have a chance!” Correct! His inclusion has little bearing on their possible inclusion. Kojima, Snake’s creator and a friend of Sakurai’s, is no longer involved with Konami. Konami has a history of being somewhat difficult to work with. That being said, Snake is probably never coming back, as Konami owns the rights to him, while Kojima has the prestige as Metal Gear’s creator. It’d be a slap in the face to Kojima. Snake is the “face” of Konami. They’d probably want the most well recognized and accomplished of their franchises as the face of Konami in Smash. That’s from a company stand point however. From a franchise stand point, Bomberman and Simon’s franchises, while yes iconic in their own right, I suppose, are not nearly as iconic as the franchises that I mentioned I feel are more likely to receive representation on the Smash roster.

Firstly, let’s look at it from a sales standpoint.
(Globally sales since inception.)

Bomberman: Since his introduction to the gaming world back in 1983, he’s had over 30+ games appear on Nintendo consoles! That’s quite impressive. He saw a boost in popularity in sales in the 90’s, which I’m sure many of us on Smashboards are of that decade. Which is probably why many of us see Bomberman as more iconic than he actually is. It’s nostalgia. That nostalgia mixed with the bias and often narrow mindedness of people in this SMALL part of the Smash Community, can create quite the passionate support group in regards to a character’s inclusion. However, with over 30 years under his belt, Bomberman’s sales only amount to about 10 million units. Not really all too impressive.

Simon, from the dark, and beautiful Castlevania. I’ll admit. I remember playing Castlevania. I loved it. Castlevania has had several iterations on Nintendo consoles. In fact, it’s first title was on a Nintendo console, the Famicom. Castlevania has done somewhat better in terms of sales than Bomberman. Shipping out 20 million units. Castlevania has somewhat of a cult following. Again, with over 30 years under his belt, 20 million units isn’t that impressive.

Now, for the characters and respective franchises I mentioned.

Monster Hunter: Since it’s inception back in 2004, Monster Hunter has done incredibly well for itself. In 14 years, it’s managed to put out 48+ million units. Also, Monster Hunter has been pretty faithful with having their titles appear on Nintendo consoles. Up until recently with Monster Hunter World, which hasn’t been completely ruled out to appear on the Switch at a later time. Capcom and Nintendo are on wonderful terms, and with the breakdown of of Capcom letting Monster Hunter appear in MarvelVSCapcom, the possibility to appear in one of the gaming world’s most iconic fighting games may just get Capcom’s attention and approval. While they may not be requested a lot of Smashboards, GameFAQ’s, and other American centric Smash Bros propaganda websites, it doesn’t mean the rest of the world hasn’t possible desires and vocalized for their inclusion. With Mii Costumes, and the franchises rising popularity, it isn’t hard to imagine a Monster Hunter as a newcomer. Especially with incredible fan base the franchise has in Japan.

Heihachi (Tekken): To be honest, I don’t think we’ll see Heihachi. We already have Ryu, and I don’t believe he is going anywhere. That being said, Sakurai himself has admitted interest in the character. Even mentioning that he was considered for Smash 4. He got a Mii Costume in the end. Tekken is an immensely popular and recognizable fighting game. Putting out over 47+ million units since it’s introduction into the gaming world back in 1994. Not overwhelming impressive, but has still managed to maintain and grow it’s fanbase over the years instead of fading into obscurity.

Dragon Quest: One is Square’s most valuable and best selling IPs. It’s popularity is mainly based in Japanese and European markets, but has gained recognition in the West over the years. Regardless, Dragon Quest has managed to sell 71 million units since 1986. Over 3 times thats of Castlevania, in the same amount of time. As for which Hero could be chosen to represent the franchise, they could honestly pull from any title, but I suppose they’d want to use the original, most popular, or most recent Hero.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts: Probably the least likely of my possible contenders, but still likely none the less. The only thing holding him back is the having to get the “Okay.” From both Square AND Disney. Square probably wouldn’t be too difficult to negotiate with. They’ve already pledged devotion towards Nintendo and developing for the Switch. They’ve been pleased with the success the Switch has brought, and are excited to develop for it. It’s not hard to find articles of these professions either. Kingdom Hearts has sold 24+ million units since it’s debut back in 2002, and that’s with only 8 titles. Some of those titles appearing on Nintendo consoles, although not being any main titles. If Disney could be negotiated with, and come to an agreement it would be both great promotion for Super Smash Bros. , and Kingdom Hearts. With Kingdom Hearts III on the horizon, it may not be as far fetched as one might think. Though, even I’ll admit, it’d be quite difficult to obtain the rights.

When I look at the possibility for the inclusions off potential 3rd Parties, I look beyond bias and nostalgia. I look at facts. I look at the receptions of certain franchises receive when new iterations are revealed to the public. I look at the level of star-power, and icon from all over the world, not just Smashboards, and the Smash Community, which tends to be entitled, and self righteous when it comes to something as insignificant as roster speculation.

Super Smash Bros. goes beyond just what we all want. The draw of 3rd Parties is to get others outside of the community to play the game. The entirety of the Smash Community does not exist in Smashboards. There’s also more than just us harden Smash veterans. There are other markets to cater to, and try to draw in.

All this being said, if you can honestly sit there, and tell me that Bomberman and/or Simon would garner more of a hype reaction than a character from Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Tekken, or yes, even Kingdom Hearts. You sir, are the one that’s objectively wrong, and has an aversion to the reality of the situation.

And the reality of the situation is, Bomberman and Simon are iconic, but are not nearly as iconic and had such an impact on the gaming world than their Smashboard supporters would like to believe, AND that their inclusions would only inspire hype from a small, niche group VS. the inclusion of a character from a more popular, globally successful and recognized franchises.

Just look at the facts, and next time try to use some instead of trying to attack someone else’s view of who is more likely to be a 3rd Party newcomer because it goes against your views that you try to justify with baseless, bias, narrow-minded, unimaginative, and blind support for a character(s).

Lastly, a character not being recognized/heavily requested has no valid point because before Pac-Man’s inclusion, I doubt anyone was pulling for him. Same could be said for Wii Fit Trainer, but I wanted to use a 3rd Party to get my point across. Since apparently, no one request anyone I mentioned heavily, but the support for Bomberman and Simon are through the roof.

Every character both you and I have mentioned are iconic in the gaming world to some extent. I’m not challenging that. Any one of the characters we’ve mentioned could make it in. No doubt about it. I was never challenging that either. Only that there are other characters that’d create a bigger sense of hype, and are somewhat more likely.

Again, I don’t work at Nintendo. You don’t work at Nintendo. None of us work at Nintendo.

It’s just Smash speculation.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoyed your tea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Smash Bros. game with no cuts is no Smash Bros. game at all. :008:
If this is not a joke, than I will teleport to you from my computer and take you to court for that action.
Not only am I betting on my prediction roster, but I am betting $45 with @Cutie Gwen that a Hanafuda character will be in Smash as the historical surprise character. I have the money saved for her already:

Speculation is an absolutely fun ride.
You could of used that money to donate to charity...
Also King K. Rool's chances are lower than we think. Like he is not enough to be a retro character ( still has recency ) yet lost an important staple as he is not used. I am not saying he is unlikely, but I think he is not that likely.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Simon Belmont whipping the Fiery Ball of Smash like at the start of Castlevania IV. That's the image I have in my head. Because every character would react to it differently.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How would you guys feel if it wasn't a Gen 7 PKMN that gets in but instead it's Eevee?

You might say "well it's probably too late for that" but if this game was in development since late-2016 Sakurai would have advance knowledge of the project and he already has an idea of how Eevee would play in the game.

I would like Eevee personally though I can see why some might be disappointed by that.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You guys think that the Smash trailer this E3 will be like how Melee's one and will show off all of the base roster newcomers, and then have a handful unlockable kept secret, instead of how 4's was having an individual trailer for each character, given the much smaller speculation period before the game releases?

How would you guys feel if it wasn't a Gen 7 PKMN that gets in but instead it's Eevee?

You might say "well it's probably too late for that" but if this game was in development since late-2016 Sakurai would have advance knowledge of the project and he already has an idea of how Eevee would play in the game.

I would like Eevee personally though I can see why some might be disappointed by that.
Porque no los dos?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind just getting Eevee, but I think a 7th generation character, and Eevee together are more likely than just Eevee alone.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
From what I know its:
DLC for Injustice 2 (Very unsafe choices with all 4 ninja turtles)
DLC for one of the DBZ games
That MP4 is Bandai Namco

And now hes the one that started the Star Fox Grand Prix rumor which is having a lot of outlets coming out and backing.

We also have the resetera mods saying Ridley is in the game so it furthers this point.
Did we have anything like these leaks back in SSB4 for Ridley? I'd like to know.

KingBroly

Smash Lord

The only way I could see them doing Eevee is if they brought Transformations back

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Porque no los dos?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind just getting Eevee, but I think a 7th generation character, and Eevee together are more likely than just Eevee alone.
I don't think that's the case really. With most vets returning (or as the rumors say) and a newcomer from PKMN that would bring the PKMN roster to 7 characters. Adding two newcomers would bring that total to 8 and I think that's a bit too bloated even for PKMN.

Of course before someone quotes me telling me how "reps don't matter" and all that lovely stuff, I get that. What i'm saying is that it would feel bloated to have all that content and Sakurai himself has stated representation among the franchises is something he takes in to account when making the game. I don't see Sakurai doing both unless one happens to be DLC or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom