• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh... That is what the leak was? Kinda disappointing. I feel like having Crash, Spyro and Toad as the E3 reveals would be pretty meh hype-wise.
Bruh, speak for yourself. I’d be ecstatic.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Check the info on Switch online compared to the 4chan leak's information on online, it has a lot of details wrong. :/
Yes, I was looking into this right now. The Discord partnership part seems wrong but the leak said details were being finalized, so maybe that's why it wasn't mentioned. Another thing that I believe was wrong was that the leak said NES games would be $2.50 and from what I saw, they're free. Also the leak said GBA games were coming along with the NES ones and that does not seem to be the case after today.

Edit: Ok, 4chan leak incorrectly predicted the prices on NES games, gamefaqs one had it right and said they would be free.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm.... I am still skeptical about the leak.
It is almost May 8th, and it has not been truly proven yet.

Roberk

Smash Champion
"Lustrous Daybreak" is just the name of a World of Warcraft item from what I've seen. Although it could play into the Vampire Fire Emblem rumors that were making their rounds last year with the daybreak part, that's probably why I'm not buying it. It seems too close to just some fan rumor from Fall last year that had no follow-up.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
After messing up a lot, my top5 most wanted OST to debut into Smash5 are below:
(It's funny because I kind of work with front-end web development)
5:
4:
3:
2:
Most wanted::

The fact we have no Lockjaw's Saga remix but 38293280932 Jungle themes is almost a crime against Dk fandom.

EDIT: Fixing into a spoiler already, sorry.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Someone on Gamefaqs pointed out that Lustrous and Daybreak are synonyms for Radiant and Dawn.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Someone on Gamefaqs pointed out that Lustrous and Daybreak are synonyms for Radiant and Dawn.
"Radiant Dawn Echoes remake before Genealogy, Thracia 776, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance CONFIRMED!"

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I haven't posted in here before, but I'm going to be a party pooper because of the new "leaks".
/v/ said:
For the price you get dedicated voice chat on the console through a partnership Nintendo is currently finalizing with several candidates (Discord is the big one)
GameFAQs said:
Service offers dedicated voice chat through an existing chat service, Discord being the most popular choice
This conflicts directly with the statement on Nintendo Online's site, stating that: "Once players are connected [to the Nintendo Switch app], you can use voice chat openly with friends while in the online lobby and during online play (depending on the game)." There don't seem to be any plans for voice chat outside of the app, and especially nothing about services like Discord or Skype.

GameFAQs said:
exclusive Eshop discounts
Once again, this is something that seemingly isn't offered on the features list. It could possibly be one of the features under "Special Offers," but I find it more likely to have something to do with MyNintendo rather than the eShop. It seems like a pretty big thing to leave off.

GameFAQs said:
Nintendo is ditching the Virtual Console brand and replacing it with ‘Nintendo Classics’. Games offered through this are much cheaper than they were before and is going to launch with NES and GBA games in August
First of all, they don't seem to be going under any certain name, just 'Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online'. Even ignoring the weird naming, it is only NES games, the NES games seem to be free (along with the purchase of an Online membership), and it is coming out in September. Not August.

Also, the leak fails to mention:
And even then, there's a few things about the rest of the leak that stick out to me like a sore thumb:

GameFAQs said:
Fire Emblem is next and the title for it is ‘Lustrous Daybreak’. Coming holiday this year.
'Lustrous Daybreak' is just a synonym for 'Radiant Dawn,' which is a pre-existing Fire Emblem game. In the case it were to be a sequel to Radiant Dawn, it would likely have the word 'Radiant' in its name, for both it and its prequel, Path of Radiance had it. Even in the case this were to be a remake, it is likely that it would have the 'Fire Emblem Echoes' title in front of it, rather than the standard 'Fire Emblem' title, which has been established to be subtitle for Fire Emblem remakes.

GameFAQs said:
Mario Odyssey DLC is next. Luigi is being released that day as a playable character and adds 70 unique moons to the game. Wario and Waluigi are also being made playable characters with 70 moons each as well. No tentative release date on the other two characters, but they are being made playable at the show floor.
If this were the case, then not only would Luigi's Balloon World no longer be Luigi's, but it would also have to be rebalanced for four different characters, rather than just one. I guess it is possible that Luigi would still run the service, even if playing as Luigi, and Luigi / Wario / Waluigi could all play the exact same as Mario (or be forced to play as Mario during Balloon World), but I don't find that to be very likely. (Also, lol at the idea of Waluigi being playable in a main series Mario game)

It's definitely possible, but I think there's too many contradictions and odd choices for it to be likely. It seems to me that some guy got a date right and now gets a few days in the spotlight for something he didn't expect to happen.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Spyro and Crash.

Are.

Not.

Going.

To be.

In.

Base. Game.

I will. eat. three pairs of boxer shorts if they are.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I can even see Crash happening, but Spyro is kind of absurd.
Not that "absurd" can't happen when we're talking about newcomer choices.

Can someone link me the leak itself? I missed the discussion when it appeared.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
this whole leak thing is just grossing me out. i mean wario and waluigi in odyssey I mean it can happen but i dont really see it happening. if we are getting like 3 (4) characters revealed I think there should be a bit more than that. really wish I didn't read that...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Roberk

Smash Champion
Ok, this is definitely fake, it has continuity errors.

EDIT: Here's the 4chan version https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/414524048
>Reggie comes back in for a last thing. Talks some stuff about what you saw today and then leads into the big one.
https://e3.nintendo.com/

Nintendo's official site for E3 states exactly when the Smash presentation will be.

Video presentation*
June 12, 9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Get a look at Nintendo Switch games for 2018, including Super Smash Bros.™
Afterwards, stay right here for livestreaming events throughout E3.
June 12 is the first day of E3 and the Smash presentation is at 9 in the morning (E3 local time). I highly doubt that anything will happen before 9 in the morning on the first day of a major convention. Not even Industry members can get into the venue before 11 AM. Here are the show hours from the 2018 E3 site. https://www.e3expo.com/show-hours

New Show Hours For 2018
E3 is scheduled to take place June 12-14, 2018, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

E3 Exhibit Hall and Second Floor Meeting Room Access Hours:

DATE INDUSTRY PASS* GAMER PASS
Tuesday, June 12th 11:00AM-7:00PM 2:00PM-7:00PM
Wednesday, June 13th 9:00AM-7:00PM 12:00PM-7:00PM
Thursday, June 14th 9:00AM-6:00PM 9:00AM-6:00PM
*Industry-Qualified Attendees, Media, Exhibitors, VIP Buyers, and Business Pass Holders
Basically, a single quote about Reggie coming in for "one last thing" and having Smash be that last thing in a single 36-minute video for Nintendo's entire E3 completely disproves this leak. Smash is the big thing this year for Nintendo at E3, maybe just E3 in general, this year. It's going to have its own video presentation and basically an entire day to itself with the tournament completely separate from everything else Nintendo has to show at E3 this year. Plus, it's the first thing Nintendo is showing, and that's confirmed. This alone disproves the leak as the guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'd probably die if Sakurai says that Ridley fans now have Spyro, that is a purple lizard-like thing with wings... and much smaller.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Ok, this is definitely fake, it has continuity errors.

Nintendo's official site for E3 states exactly when the Smash presentation will be.

June 12 is the first day of E3 and the Smash presentation is at 9 in the morning (E3 local time). I highly doubt that anything will happen before 9 in the morning on the first day of a major convention. Not even Industry members can get into the venue before 11 AM. Here are the show hours from the 2018 E3 site. https://www.e3expo.com/show-hours

Basically, a single quote about Reggie coming in for "one last thing" and having Smash be that last thing in a single 36-minute video for Nintendo's entire E3 completely disproves this leak. Smash is the big thing this year for Nintendo at E3, maybe just E3 in general, this year. It's going to have its own video presentation and basically an entire day to itself with the tournament completely separate from everything else Nintendo has to show at E3 this year. Plus, it's the first thing Nintendo is showing, and that's confirmed. This alone disproves the leak as the guy has no idea what he's talking about.
When did the leak talk about Reggie?
Who said anything about something happening before 9?
When was it confirmed that Smash would be the first game Nintendo shows off?

I'm so confused.

Polan

Smash Lord
i hate that you are making me go to bat for this leak but smash isn't getting it's own presentation. dunno where you're getting that information from.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel that I should point out that the 12th is the first OFFICIAL day of E3. However, all of the companies, with the exception of Nintendo, do their shows/press conferences in the days preceding.

Also, it’s not confirmed that Smash will be the first game shown. It’s somewhat likely considering 2014, but not confirmed. The site just says that Smash will be included.

Roberk

Smash Champion
When did the leak talk about Reggie?
Who said anything about something happening before 9?
When was it confirmed that Smash would be the first game Nintendo shows off?

I'm so confused.
"When did the leak talk about Reggie?": I mean I quoted it in my post. It was from the original leak on 4chan. The gamefaqs version just looks like a relay of the information, the 4chan version was "apparently" a transcription of the original Discord conversation.

"Who said anything about something happening before 9?": Nintendo hasn't confirmed any plans other than the Smash presentation and the tournaments, so we don't "fully" know how everything will play out. I was just disproving the possibility of something happening before 9 so that people don't bring it up to disprove my central point of continuity errors with the planned Smash reveal.

"When was it confirmed that Smash would be the first game Nintendo shows off?": Basically what I just said and what I said in my post. The Smash presentation (the kind of thing that gives us all of the juicy info, not just some trailer) is at 9 in the morning on the first day of E3. Like I said, it's very unlikely that anything will supersede Smash as the first Nintendo game shown off at E3 due to this and the fact that it seems to be the "big thing" this year.

i hate that you are making me go to bat for this leak but smash isn't getting it's own presentation. dunno where you're getting that information from.
I mean I literally gave the official Nintendo E3 site as a link and quoted the essential information in my post.

Just scroll a bit and you should see it. "Smash Video Presentation"

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
"When did the leak talk about Reggie?": I mean I quoted it in my post. It was from the original leak on 4chan. The gamefaqs version just looks like a relay of the information, the 4chan version was "apparently" a transcription of the original Discord conversation.

"Who said anything about something happening before 9?": Nintendo hasn't confirmed any plans other than the Smash presentation and the tournaments, so we don't "fully" know how everything will play out. I was just disproving the possibility of something happening before 9 so that people don't bring it up to disprove my central point of continuity errors with the planned Smash reveal.

"When was it confirmed that Smash would be the first game Nintendo shows off?": Basically what I just said and what I said in my post. The Smash presentation (the kind of thing that gives us all of the juicy info, not just some trailer) is at 9 in the morning on the first day of E3. Like I said, it's very unlikely that anything will supersede Smash as the first Nintendo game shown off at E3 due to this and the fact that it seems to be the "big thing" this year.
Mario Odyssey was their "big thing" last year and that was the last thing to go on.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Gamefaq version is more credible because the person does not seem as to have watched the entire presentation itself.
The 4chan version feels like the dream of someone, even describring the videos.
I don't believe it yet, but if it happens exactly how 4chan person described, then he watched it all beforehand and I think there's no much people that have this kind of early access.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Gamefaq version is more credible because the person does not seem as to have watched the entire presentation itself.
I don't believe it yet, but if it happens exactly how 4chan person described, then he watched it all beforehand and I think there's no much people that have this kind of early access.
Yeah, the 4chan one specifically says his friend who worked at marketing sent him all these clips and pictures. He says that he didn't watch the whole thing though (he alluded to some of the segments still being filmed). I think it's kind of ridiculous that his "marketing friend" had access to all of these clips from the presentation one month before it happens.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Mario Odyssey was their "big thing" last year and that was the last thing to go on.
I'll give you that, but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't put emphasis on a "big thing" for their first reveal. Last year could've just been an exception. Also, the point about the official site confirming a Smash presentation on the first day at E3 at 9 in the morning still stands. There's no way Smash will be their last thing if it's confirmed to have a reveal this early.

Didn't the 4chan one come out earlier though? The gamefaqs version came later I think, so how can they be saying all of the same things but not be connected and the 4chan one just be from somebody's dream?

Anyways, my post is just talking about the 4chan one. Even if the 4chan one is the "fake" version for some reason, various pieces of info alone in both make me think they are both fake anyway.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

I mean I literally gave the official Nintendo E3 site as a link and quoted the essential information in my post.

Just scroll a bit and you should see it. "Smash Video Presentation"
I only knew about the Gamefaqs leak, and you didn't link a source to the 4 chan one

I don't see anything on a Smash exclusive video presentation, it says "Get a look at Nintendo Switch games for 2018, including Super Smash Bros" which suggest other Switch games will be shown off.

Odyssey was also Nintendo's big game last year, and the trailer for it was at the end.

It makes sense to me for them to show two trailers in the Digital Event, show off some more details during the treehouse, and then reveal stuff at the tournament.

Maybe we can get a video like this as well.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Also, from the gamefaqs version:

-Pokémon for Switch is revealed. It’s a new take on Red and Blue and features graphics that are midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken.
I'm really not buying what seems to be a gen 1 remake. Going back to Kanto in some way would've been fine, but "a new take on Red and Blue" sound like a remake. Didn't they confirm at last year's E3 that Pokemon Switch was going to be gen 8? Correct me if I'm wrong. Even if it's not "confirmed" to be gen 8, we still have the Sinnoh remakes to go through and I doubt they'd have Pokemon's big debut on the Switch/mainline home console game be a remake of any Pokemon game. Gen 1 iconic or not.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
tagged, quoted, screenshotted and now part of my signature. i'm already on someone's signature for promising to eat a shoe if mimikyu isn't a pokeball so it's only fair that i do it to someone else :troll:
I ain't scared.

I'm super confident that my stomach shall remain boxer shorts free.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Interesting development, to say the least.

True or not (and I'm leaning towards not), can you imagine a world where Cloud, Spryo and Crash all make it into Smash Bros, but not PlayStation All Stars?

Nutty, man.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'm really not buying what seems to be a gen 1 remake. Going back to Kanto in some way would've been fine, but "a new take on Red and Blue" sound like a remake. Didn't they confirm at last year's E3 that Pokemon Switch was going to be gen 8? Correct me if I'm wrong. Even if it's not "confirmed" to be gen 8, we still have the Sinnoh remakes to go through and I doubt they'd have Pokemon's big debut on the Switch/mainline home console game be a remake of any Pokemon game. Gen 1 iconic or not.
It was never confirmed a new game, just that it was a mainline game. That's all the info we ever got on it. At least, that's all I can remember. I tend to forget things. Those data banks just slip away....

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It was never confirmed a new game, just that it was a mainline game. That's all the info we ever got on it. At least, that's all I can remember. I tend to forget things. Those data banks just slip away....
The official Nintendo Spanish Magazine claims it's gen 8, but of course that's only so reliable.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Fire Red and Leaf Green were GBA games while Diamond and Pearl were DS games, so it's makes some sense that they would revisit Kanto again before Sinnoh. They never confirmed the Switch game to be a brand new game.

Maybe it's not a remake, but rather a new story set in Kanto with lots of new elements. The Pokémon Company has broken our expectations plenty of times in the past, so "I doubt they would do that" isn't the best reasoning to disprove the leak.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I can't say Crash and Spyro would be my first picks but their legacy cannot be denied and it would be incredible to have them.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The bandicoot is going to change the name to Crash Brothers with a marker or something in the trailer if he gets in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom