• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
Pink Gold Peach for Mario because she is the definition of bottom of the barrel (But Blue Bowser comes ****ing close looking at today's Rate Their Chances). She would be a heavier Peach clone with worst specials and super armor.
Oh god please no!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I think it’s feasible to have the transformation gimmick return in the form of a PKMN trainer again, honestly just remove the stamina and forced switching on KO. Boom better. In fact I can kind of see us getting the trainer from Sun and Moon with the 3 starters from said games. I haven’t seen a single person propose that idea

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I still have to make an analysis on transformation characters before I can finalize the decision Scoliosis. Something about it keeps making me think that the concept will be explored again, but I don't know the exact reasons why yet. :p
I also think that transformation characters is a nice concept. At least at one character, making it special.
It's cool to think that sometimes it's better to change your character mid match, by the price of losing a move in your currently moveset. The Sheik/Zelda would be my personal favorite if Zelda was a better character.
To beat someone hard with Sheik at low percents and then change to a slower but deadlier character just seems right.
Ed used to do Shielda back in Brawl, and ended up better than solo maining Sheik at that game.
I also think that 3DS hurted this mechanic more than this don't working at all. The problem is that the removal of transforming characters was mostly accepted by the community, and Sheik's Bouncing Fish became one of her best tools.
Count me in to celebrate with you if that concept returns.

Thinking about cuts, I would rank the probability of cut like this:
Impossible:
:4mario::4luigi::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4dk::4fox::4yoshi::4samus::4falcon::4ness::4kirby::4link:
Almost impossible:
:4bowser::4falco::4ganondorf::4marth::4sheik::4zelda::4gaw::4peach:
Really unlikely:
:4charizard::4diddy::4myfriends::4lucario::4metaknight::4dedede::4tlink::4drmario::4wario::4sonic::4pit::4rob::4olimar::popo:
Unlikely:
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4megaman::4pacman::rosalina::4ryu::4shulk::4villager::4bayonetta::4palutena:
Possible:
:4corrin::4greninja::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4robinm::4wiifit::4littlemac:
Probable:
:4cloud2::4lucas::4mewtwo::4feroy::4darkpit::4lucina:
Likely:
:wolf:
Almost garanteed:
:ivysaur::squirtle::pt::snake::younglinkmelee::pichumelee:
My opinion about this subject is a bit different:
Impossible:
:4mario::4pikachu::4link::4dk::4kirby::4falcon::4samus::4fox::4ness::4yoshi:
Almost impossible:
:4luigi::4marth::4villager::4pit::4bowser::4peach::4zelda::4ganondorf::4wario::4olimar:
Really unlikely:
:4sonic::4jigglypuff::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4diddy::4metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac:
Unlikely:
:4sheik::4tlink::4myfriends::4duckhunt::rosalina::4bowserjr::4charizard::4lucario::4wiifit::4palutena::4mewtwo:
Possible:
:4shulk::4robinm::4greninja::4megaman::4pacman::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4bayonetta::4ryu::4lucina:
Probable:
:popo::4drmario::wolf::4cloud2::4lucas:
Likely:
:4corrin::4feroy::4darkpit:
Almost garanteed:

About cut, I really think that representation and already being cut are big factors.
I don't see why bringing Ice Climbers back should be more probable than Charizard or Wii Fit Trainer.
I don't know what you thought when doing, but I tought about what would be the most obvious choices to go if they chose to do "Street V way" (I forgot the term, "pay for service ?").
Mario being top1, even if Luigi is a "shoe-in", if they must chose 10 characters, they would go for representing franchises.
As soon as the most famous got in, then Luigi, then the most famous side characters and second-tier main characters.

As a Smash complete game, ignoring DLC, everyone until "Unlikely" will probably make it.
Unlikely still very hard to let go. Ike is a example, just too famous and wished to be dropped at this point.
Rosalina, Wii Fit (main character of a third tier franchise)... but they are characters that I can see arriving later at the game.

I also thinks that the unique character that is really likely from the third-party characters is Sonic.
Even Megaman, you know... they would love to have, but would they fight for it ? I don't know.
Sonic on the other hand was the first third party for a reason.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Whoa guys. I didn't mean to turn this into the Infinity War thread. I was just making a dumb joke. Lol.

We should probably get back on topic. Let's play a game.

Think of the following franchises: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Sonic, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon.

Now you're being forced to put your LEAST wanted newcomer from each franchise into Smash Brothers. Tell me who they are and how you would go about handling their inclusion in terms of moves and what not.
Mario: Tanookie Mario - We have Mario and Dr. Mario, and I'm certainly not a fan of adding a 3rd Mario. He'd be a much more floaty version of Mario, with high air maneuverability, maybe a third jump, faster, and weaker.

Zelda: Tingle - I know some people want him, but I really, really, am not a fan. Would mostly use Hyrule Warriors as moveset inspiration.

Metroid: Little Birdy - I really want Ridley, but not in his larva form. Would be fast, but very lightweight and weak. Normal Ridley would be his Final Smash for extra insult.

Star Fox: Marcus - Honestly, there's not a single character from Star Fox that I wouldn't like to see. Any new Star Fox content in Smash would make me happy. If I had to pick one, though, it'd be Marcus. Unless Star Fox starts anew based on Fox's son, Marcus is one character I feel would be a huge waste of potential. As for gameplay, imagine Fox, but weaker and even faster.

Sonic: Sticks - I'm not a fan of adding more 3rd Party characters, but one Sonic pick I definitely wouldn't like would be Sticks. Moveset wise, Sticks would use a lot of acrobatic moves using a stick.

Final Fantasy: Chocobo - Not a fan of Final Fantasy, not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties, so I'm going to cheat here since I don't really know a whole lot otherwise. Would be fast with surprisingly hard-hitting attacks. Lots of use of wings and legs.

Street Fighter: Hugo - Not a fan of Street Fighter, but even I know who this abomination is. Mostly thanks to Maximilian Dood's Boss Rage series. He'd play as a huge heavyweight character with slow but immensely powerful attacks.

Fire Emblem: Eliwood - Not a fan of Fire Emblem, or adding more characters from the series, but out of the characters I know, Eliwood seems lazy. Would play out like Roy, but without the fire effects.

Pokemon: Magikarp - All he would do is splash. Every input would be splash. Final Smash would be Z-Spash, making his other splashes stronger for a time.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I would like to ask you guys a few questions regarding transformations, just to get a grasp on the situation:

1. How likely is it that Sakurai would consider transformations again for the project plan in early 2016?

2. Do you think transformations can be reworked to a point where it does not interfere with gameplay balance? (Example: Having all transformations be activated through taunting instead of wasting it on specials.)

Honestly, I would ask more questions with transformations, but there is not many ways to which transformation can be explored. Really, it comes down to those two questions and how Sakurai wants to handle gameplay/balance for Smash Switch.

D

Deleted member

I changed my avatar to represent the E3 theme.
LETS GO! So close!

Here is my cut list:

Impossible:
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4darkpit::4diddy::4dk::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4metaknight::4gaw::4ness::4olimar::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:
Very Unlikely:
:4megaman::4pacman::4palutena::4bayonetta::4mewtwo::4mii:
Unlikely:
:4lucas::4lucina::4ryu::4cloud::4drmario:
Possible:
:4corrinf::4darkpit::4feroy::popo:
Likely:
Almost Guaranteed:
( Poor:snake:, I cry everytime ) :pichumelee::younglinkmelee::ivysaur::squirtle::pt:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
My opinion about this subject is a bit different:
Impossible:
:4mario::4pikachu::4link::4dk::4kirby::4falcon::4samus::4fox::4ness::4yoshi:
Almost impossible:
:4luigi::4marth::4villager::4pit::4bowser::4peach::4zelda::4ganondorf::4wario::4olimar:
Really unlikely:
:4sonic::4jigglypuff::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4diddy::4metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac:
Unlikely:
:4sheik::4tlink::4myfriends::4duckhunt::rosalina::4bowserjr::4charizard::4lucario::4wiifit::4palutena::4mewtwo:
Possible:
:4shulk::4robinm::4greninja::4megaman::4pacman::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4bayonetta::4ryu::4lucina:
Probable:
:popo::4drmario::wolf::4cloud2::4lucas:
Likely:
:4corrin::4feroy::4darkpit:
Almost garanteed:

About cut, I really think that representation and already being cut are big factors.
I don't see why bringing Ice Climbers back should be more probable than Charizard or Wii Fit Trainer.
I don't know what you thought when doing, but I tought about what would be the most obvious choices to go if they chose to do "Street V way" (I forgot the term, "pay for service ?").
Mario being top1, even if Luigi is a "shoe-in", if they must chose 10 characters, they would go for representing franchises.
As soon as the most famous got in, then Luigi, then the most famous side characters and second-tier main characters.

As a Smash complete game, ignoring DLC, everyone until "Unlikely" will probably make it.
Unlikely still very hard to let go. Ike is a example, just too famous and wished to be dropped at this point.
Rosalina, Wii Fit (main character of a third tier franchise)... but they are characters that I can see arriving later at the game.

I also thinks that the unique character that is really likely from the third-party characters is Sonic.
Even Megaman, you know... they would love to have, but would they fight for it ? I don't know.
Sonic on the other hand was the first third party for a reason.
The list was made based into the principle: The more iteration you've been in, the less likely it is for you to be cut. That does not account for DLC. Inside the tiers they are in any particular order.
Impossible are the characters that have been in 4 iterations. Almost is 3 and really unlikely is 2. That seems to be the norm when it comes to returning vets, the exception being Ice Climbers, that were cut due to hardware limitations. But this time we have a new variable that is the presence of characters that were cut before, and I am clueless on how events may unveil.
Below that I accounted for relevancy and uniqueness.
Bayonetta was adopted by Nintendo, that is why she is high.
Wii Fit is probably dead and and so is Punch Out that is not very popular in Japan. Greninja and both FE avatars may be replaced and custom moves can be scraped. That is why those characters are below the other Sm4sh vets.
Mewtwo chances are always low, like every thing I want to be in smash. But Murphy's law is not the reason. He's been cut twice. Only made it though DLC.

That is what I was thinking when composing the list.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
They're not bringing back transformations.

They were difficult in terms of development/balance, and players ended up just sticking to one character instead of utilizing both. Then Pokemon Trainer tried to rectify that through a horribly designed moveset/mechanic.

Cutting transformations was a benefit. It gives characters like Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik an opportunity to be fleshed out rather than being tied to a gimmick. Plus it was generally well-received by the community. I liked the concept behind the transformations, but there were too many faults. The best thing to do was what they did and nix it altogether.

I don't really know why we're having this conversation, other than for the sake of "uniqueness" on the roster.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I would like to ask you guys a few questions regarding transformations, just to get a grasp on the situation:

1. How likely is it that Sakurai would consider transformations again for the project plan in early 2016?

2. Do you think transformations can be reworked to a point where it does not interfere with gameplay balance? (Example: Having all transformations be activated through taunting instead of wasting it on specials.)

Honestly, I would ask more questions with transformations, but there is not many ways to which transformation can be explored. Really, it comes down to those two questions and how Sakurai wants to handle gameplay/balance for Smash Switch.
1) Unlikely. By keeping characters separate, it allows the characters to become more fleshed-out as individual characters. Also adds more to the character select screen, which may make the game more individually appealing.

2) If it were to come back, I could see it being possibly reworked so characters can keep their specials. Could be through taunts, could be through another new mechanics. Or maybe they'd be delegated back to being the down-special.

Personally, I don't see transformations coming back.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If transformations do come back, how much do you wanna bet that people will start complaining that Metroid only has one rep again?

I feel like 75% of the people who played Brawl considered Samus/ZSS and Pokémon Trainer to be one character.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 142792
I updated my roster, Yellow indicates a new character, Green indicates a returning newcomer.
I'm curious. Why the Pac-Man cut?

Whoa guys. I didn't mean to turn this into the Infinity War thread. I was just making a dumb joke. Lol.

Think of the following franchises: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Sonic, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon.

Now you're being forced to put your LEAST wanted newcomer from each franchise into Smash Brothers. Tell me who they are and how you would go about handling their inclusion in terms of moves and what not.
Mario: Daisy, low-effort Peach clone.
Zelda: "Classic" Link, or a third Link in general, whether they are unique or a clone.
Metroid: Adam Malkovich, with a set based around locking moves from the foe's moveset, steals my idea for Klefki's Poké Ball gimmick.
Star Fox: Fox's son from the one Command ending as a clone.
Sonic: The princess from Sonic 06. No clue how she'd play.
Street Fighter: Evil Ryu. Just...Evil Ryu as his own character.
Final Fantasy: I don't know a lot about Final Fantasy honestly...that lion guy from 7 I suppose.
Fire Emblem: Peri. This was a tossup between her, Matthis, Kris, and Deen, but Peri is a loathsome character.
Pokémon: Igglybuff as a Jigglypuff clone.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This actually brings up an interesting thought I (and many other people I've seen on here) have.

Sakurai treated us last game with really unique newcomers. Villager (jack of all trades), Mega Man (projectile-based moveset), WFT (sheer originality in yoga and workout moveset), Rosalina (puppeteer), Little Mac (grounded powerhouse), Shulk (stance fighter), Robin (mage with limits on their weapons), Duck Hunt ("trio" using classic blaster moveset), and Bowser Jr. (mech fighter) to name a few.

I think this has led to a lot of people speculating that newcomers in this next game are following suit, and that such-and-such character is likely because "we've never seen a ___ fighter in Smash before!".

Don't get me wrong, I like that the past game added new types of fighters and different playstyles. And I hope it continues (Ashley as a witch who debuffs opponents with spells? Come on). I surely don't want another generic swordsman or anything like that. But I feel that people are now really overestimating characters' chances/potential just because it's "out of left field" or "never done before".

Just my thoughts. Feel free to disagree.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

1. I'm sure the thought probably crossed his mind but I'd imagine he wouldn't want to after realizing its more work for no good reason.

2. Absolutely not. Even if it could why would anyone want that. There is no situation where you would pick Zelda and use down taunt to go Sheik when you could have just picked Sheik in the first place. (Speaking practically and competitively here. I'm sure plenty of more casual players would do it but even then just play Zelda one game then play Sheik the next.)

Sakurai could put transformations back but I can't think of a good reason to personally.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
If I were to separate the tiers even further, improving some criteria with the points you guys sugested, it would be like this:
S:
:4mario::4pikachu::4dk::4fox::4yoshi::4samus::4falcon::4ness::4kirby::4link::4marth::4pit::4olimar::4shulk:
A:
:4jigglypuff::4luigi::4villager:
B:
:4bowser::4zelda::4gaw::4peach:
C:
:4sheik::4ganondorf::4falco::4myfriends::4metaknight::4wario::4diddy::4charizard:
D:
:4lucario::4dedede::4tlink::4drmario::4sonic::4rob::4megaman::4palutena:
E:
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4pacman::rosalina::4bayonetta::4ryu:
F:
:4wiifit::4littlemac::4robinm::4greninja::4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl:
G:
:popo::4corrin:
H:
:4cloud2::4darkpit:
I:
:4lucas::4mewtwo::4feroy::4lucina:
J:
K:
:ivysaur::squirtle::pt::snake:
L:
:pichumelee:
M:
:younglinkmelee:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
IMO Zelda/Shiek and Samus/Zamus are much better off separate and I was quite happy when this was confirmed, i hope it stays as such but I do truly think the idea of a PKMN trainer was awesome (although very poorly executed) and I’d love to see it return. Imagine if that was the ONLY character on the roster to have that feature

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
People only really bring up transformation coming back to justify the return of Pokemon trainer, or to justify a group of characters that would likely have no chance alone. Like asking for Leonardo and the other turtles instead of just Leonardo, when they only really care about Leonardo. That thought process is one of the main reasons transformations are gone.

No one here would say pokemon trainer would be better than just straight up having those pokemon as individual characters.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
People only really bring up transformation coming back to justify the return of Pokemon trainer, or to justify a group of characters that would likely have no chance alone. Like asking for Leonardo and the other turtles instead of just Leonardo, when they only really care about Leonardo. That thought process is one of the main reasons transformations are gone.

No one here would say pokemon trainer would be better than just straight up having those pokemon as individual characters.
Just pull an Injustice 2 and add all 4 turtles. Each is a clone with some moveset changes and unique character power.

:p

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Because maybe Nintendo didn't need Namco's help for Smash Switch, Pac Man will probably be a DLC character or something.
I don't see that as likely. The battle between Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man was so advertised and hyped up. There's no way they're cutting Pac-Man. Plus I doubt that Namco not working on the game means that their character is getting cut.

Actually a lot of the cuts on this roster are questionable. Charizard, WFT, Pac-Man, and Ryu seem pretty safe. I also think it's weird that Dark Pit and Lucina are here, but not Dr. Mario. Losing both Corrin AND Roy is also questionable.

Cuts are gonna be really hard to predict this game, but some of these cuts seem unnecessary.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Ok, so real talk. Why is everyone just casually saying that characters will probably be cut from 4's roster and sold back to us later as DLC?

Who would pay for Pac-man in 5 standalone? That would be such garbage of DLC. Not even saying Pac-man isn't a worthy character. Its this idea that its acceptable to exclude characters from the roster to resell them later.

Especially since the only character this was done for in the past was Lucas. Nintendo and Sakurai have been pretty good about DLC in Smash so far. Why are we expecting crappy deals like that?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Honestly, transformations are overhated. The down special is the only move that prevents the characters from having a full moveset, and as we saw with :samus2::zerosuitsamus:, it doesn't even have to take up a special. Maybe most players will only play as one of the characters, but that can happen whether or not the characters are separated. In every case, you've been able to start as whichever side of the character you wanted. If you just stayed that character the whole match, it'd be like it wasn't even a transformer.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Last thing I'm adding about the transformation thing: Sheik losing Bouncing Fish and Charizard losing Rock Smash would suuuuuuck. Charizard is already low tier but Rock Smash is arguably one of his better tools and Bouncing Fish is sooo good for Sheik.

Obviously the characters won't be exactly as they are in 4 but just imagining that loss hurts.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ok, so real talk. Why is everyone just casually saying that characters will probably be cut from 4's roster and sold back to us later as DLC?

Who would pay for Pac-man in 5 standalone? That would be such garbage of DLC. Not even saying Pac-man isn't a worthy character. Its this idea that its acceptable to exclude characters from the roster to resell them later.

Especially since the only character this was done for in the past was Lucas. Nintendo and Sakurai have been pretty good about DLC in Smash so far. Why are we expecting crappy deals like that?
Actually, do we know if Lucas was scrapped midway through development and worked on later for DLC or if he was created especially for DLC? I'm leaning towards the former.

DLC should be for new characters or characters that weren't finished in development before release. Just saving characters for DLC is a bad idea, I agree completely.

D

Deleted member

Alrighty then.

Mario: Nabbit, he would be quick and nimble and quick and.........grab enemies with his sack i guess?

Zelda: Toon Zelda, she is just a clone of Zelda, and would basically become a legacy character retaining Zelda's former moveset in case she got a BoTW overhaul.

Metroid: Rundas. He would be using ice projectiles to freeze opponens.

Star Fox: Andrew. Just a bland moveset with punches and kicks with barely any distinct fighting style (i suppose he could be similar to Diddy in a sense?) and similar specials to the other 3 star fox characters.

Sonic: Big the Cat. Would be a slow heavyweight that uses his fishing rod to attack oppenents at a distance (similar to ZSS's whip) and can also use it as a grab and tether.

Street Fighter: Gill. Depending on the perspective he is facing, his elemental attacks will change (ice facing left, fIre facing right)

FF: Lighting, she would be fast and quick and use her Blazefire Saber.

Fire Emblem: Sigurd (i don't hate Sigurd, but out of all the FE characters i could name the top of my head, he's the one that appealed to me the least Smash-wise) he would just be a stance-like character that could swap his Sword with his lance for special attacks (everything else would still use a swords though)

Pokémon: The idea of a non-Pokémon character. If it's Pokémon Trainer if you want to be specific, he would play like Yugi in Jump Ultimate Stars, using the Pokémon as moves and attacks (like Pidgeot's fly as an up special, Machamp for a rapid jab, etc) anyone else would just go Captain Falcon (A.K.A making stuff up)

Last edited by a moderator:

Troykv

Smash Master
Hmm...

It's impossible, cutting them would be a sin (represents the main representantives of Smash Bros)

:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::4villager:

They would only be cut in a reboot; or other VERY EXTREME cases; other-wise they're safer than safe (represents pop culture icons, and the safest of seniority characters like the Kirby characters)

:4bowser::4diddy::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4marth::4metaknight::4dedede::4peach::4pit::4wiifit::4olimar::4wario2::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob::4gaw::4charizard::4ganondorf::4sheik::4sonic::4pacman::4zss:

Unlikely (most of them are Melee clones that enjoy seniority status, Brawl characters or extremely unique characters)

:4falco::4myfriends::4lucario::4miif::4robinm::4megaman::4ryu::4bayonetta::4bowserjr::rosalina::4shulk:

Possible? (characters with seniority status, but that doesn't enjoy a clean run; also includes the Smash 4 Clones and weird cases like Cloud and Corrin)

:4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy::4cloud::4lucina::4darkpit::4corrin:

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I do hope Sakurai acknowledges Pichu's popularity and brings him back since Dr. Mario's return made so many people happy. His return probably a boost in people who want/expect Pichu to return now as well. Hopefully that's something that could be done easily.

I'm actually more worried about Wolf not coming back, because he is very different from Fox.

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
man, why the **** is everyone cutting corrin? fe fates is one of the few big games that nintendo released during the 2015/2016 time period and if corrin hadn't made it in as sm4sh dlc then they would absolutely be a top contender for smash 5. it makes no sense whatsoever to cut them. is it just leftover salt or are people still pushing that reps bs?

THANK YOU. the idea of cutting a character and then selling it back as dlc is just...no. it's disheartening seeing people unironically push it as a "good" idea.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I just had a thought. Pichu could actually see a return in 5 that would be way better than its Melee version.

As everyone knows Pichu had a mechanic that caused it to take damage whenever it used a special which in Melee was just terrible, there was no reason to damage one self especially because of how fast games were.

But, what if they took Pichu's original idea and kept the rage of Smash 4? I'm not saying Rage is a fantastic mechanic but if it does stay Pichu's gimmick would be more like Lucario than just an outright terrible thing.

It would be even cooler if they decloned Pichu a bit from there, say give Pichu balanced versions of Pikachu's custom moves that reflect its uncontrolled nature?

I'm not saying Pichu should nor will come back but this idea makes me think there is untapped potential in the character.

There are high tier characters in other fighting games that deal damage to themselves, for example: Shadow Mewtwo in Pokken.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Imagine Slippy Toad got in because of Star Fox Guard.

And then Wolf too because his Zero design is too good.

D

Deleted member

Transformations are not coming back.
The development team thought they were more fresh separated.
I agree. I hated transformations.
Ok this might be a long shot but how about Asura from Asura's Wrath?
Sorry to break it to you, but impossible.
I have a higher chance of winning the lottery.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Last thing I'm adding about the transformation thing: Sheik losing Bouncing Fish and Charizard losing Rock Smash would suuuuuuck. Charizard is already low tier but Rock Smash is arguably one of his better tools and Bouncing Fish is sooo good for Sheik.

Obviously the characters won't be exactly as they are in 4 but just imagining that loss hurts.
You mean losing Flare Blitz

On the topic of DLC, who do people think the first dlc character/s will be? Thinking about it, Spring Man seem like the best bet if ARMS isnt in the base game.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
On the topic of DLC, who do people think the first dlc character/s will be? Thinking about it, Spring Man seem like the best bet if ARMS isn't in the base game.
That is a super hard question to answer. Without knowing the base roster we have no guide for who may or may not be in the game, so predictions for DLC characters could certainly overlap with the roster in the game.

That being said, I feel that we will be getting a FE16 character as DLC and most likely a Gen 8 Pokémon. Beyond that it is so difficult to say.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

On the topic of DLC, who do people think the first dlc character/s will be? Thinking about it, Spring Man seem like the best bet if ARMS isnt in the base game.
Spring Man hands down or some promotional DLC based on Gen 8 Pokemon.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

No. I mean losing his down special. Which is Rock Smash. Pokemon Trainer didn't swap pokemon through side special.

EDIT: I'm wrong. I see what you are saying now. My bad.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
No. I mean losing his down special. Which is Rock Smash. Pokemon Trainer didn't swap pokemon through side special.
I think his point might be that Charizard's side-special used to be Rock Smash, so reverting back to the Brawl moveset would imply that Flare Blitz would be removed to keep Rock Smash.

Staarih

Smash Master
But I feel that people are now really overestimating characters' chances/potential just because it's "out of left field" or "never done before".
Yeah, and on top of that, I see a lot of people adding (unnecessary) gimmicks for characters in their movesets. They are cool for some characters (for those to whom it makes sense to have them), but if every newcomer had some sort of a gimmick... sheesh, I honestly just want to play a character without thinking about any extra energy meters or gauges or high/low damage inputs or the likes.

I doubt Sakurai would cut a character for the sake of it being DLC later, but if time constraints are a thing, I'd rather a "not-quite-made-it", low priority character be left for DLC with actual enhancements rather than be rushed into the main game.
But Pac-Man is definitely not low priority though lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom