• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The nose matches perfectly. The mouth mostly matches with a slight change in the "leak".

Follow a line on the "leak" image in the wood texturing and it seems to match the "Original" image.

The ribbon placement is identical. The Ears are almost identical

The background is what absolutely kills it
Where. Is. The new. Image. From.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
So just a quick question, as I am not all that familiar with Geno or Super Mario RPG (never played it).

Does Geno talk? And if he does talk, will he be voiced in Smash if he gets in?

Anyway, sorry for my ignorance. Every picture I've ever seen of Geno, he has his mouth shut, so I've always just assumed he's a "strong, silent type."
Everyone but Mario talks, even Bowser, so idk if that means Geno will be voiced in Smash. He could be, he could stay mostly silent.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I literally do not grasp how those models resemble each other at all beyond being a model of Geno, a simple and easy character design to model

The background's a different story
Model aren't the same, but the head Geometry is a 1:1 right up with the Nose shadow which would be an awful coincidence to get. And the distance with the neck to cape now that my brain is a bit more awake lmao-

Urgh...I wished I could go back to sleep

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So just a quick question, as I am not all that familiar with Geno or Super Mario RPG (never played it).

Does Geno talk? And if he does talk, will he be voiced in Smash if he gets in?

Anyway, sorry for my ignorance. Every picture I've ever seen of Geno, he has his mouth shut, so I've always just assumed he's a "strong, silent type."
Geno certainly speaks plenty in Mario RPG, but I think the general consensus is he'd get the Mega Man treatment and just not talk despite not being silent in his own games.

Potential VAs for him have been discussed but it's pure speculation.

Also are we STILL trying to pretend that Geno leak is his Brawl mod? Come on guys, that's literally a bigger stretch than the ones people made in the ESRB leak, lmao.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The nose matches perfectly. The mouth mostly matches with a slight change in the "leak".

Follow a line on the "leak" image in the wood texturing and it seems to match the "Original" image.

The ribbon placement is identical. The Ears are almost identical

The background is what absolutely kills it
I actually see Sassy Geno's nose as being more flat and cannot see an indent in the middle.

New Boy Geno's ribbons are placed slightly lower. The ears being "almost" identical means nothing seeing as Geno's ears are literally just ( and )

I'll actually give this more thought if you prove to me that New Boy Geno came before Sassy Geno

Shroob

Sup?
I literally do not grasp how those models resemble each other at all beyond being a model of Geno, a simple and easy character design to model

The background's a different story
The image isn't about the model, that can always be changed in photoshop.

It's all to do with the background.

I have no opinion strongly for or against sassy Geno, but I definitely get where Psycho's coming from here.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly, big F to Sassy Geno if he really is just a Photoshop Project M Geno. He was really fun and great while he lasted. This legend will be missed.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I could imagine the outrage from fans if SE doesn't allow Geno again because we have no idea if this could be the last Smash game.

Also the people that say Sassy Geno is a brawl mod were most likely the same that said Shulk looked like a modded Little Mac when the ESRB Leak happened

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Does the background ever actually look like that in Brawl, with the water going up...?

Also, I am concerned about Masked Man's statement on that Sora, Geno, and Mallow leak, "It has characters I know aren't in."

Does that actually mean just two characters...?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
For those out of the loop, people are talking about this.

To be blunt, this is "Shulk is a Photoshopped Geno" levels of a stretch. Photoshop doesn't fix polygon counts, people.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
He lives anyway, tf?
Even if he's fake, he's real.

That's how I've decided it works.
Sassy Geno never existed in the first place, he is just a figment of the collective imagination of all the smash community, brought on due to the insanity from the endless drought of 2018.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
What’s happening up in here
Mostly I've just resorted to writing layered and obscure jokes about the current topics in the thread because I have nothing else going on in my life at this exact moment, but I don't feel witty enough to go try them on my friends because... they don't play video games much. I don't play a lot of video games either, but they basically never do them. So now I'm stuck here on a what, fifteen? year old forum about characters beating the bejeezus out of each other and we can't seem to decide whether we want a puppet and an imaginary WWE lion to be in this game or not.

Also some people are pissed off about a theoretical box and how it looks.

Shroob

Sup?
Mark my words. This won't be the last Smash game. Too big to end.
Of course it won't, but depending on what they do next game, it legit may be hard for people to move over.

If they really do 'reboot' the series like soo many people think, we'll get scenarios like:

"Why should I play the new game with only 40 characters when Ultimate has over 80(post DLC)"

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
For those out of the loop, people are talking about this.

To be blunt, this is "Shulk is a Photoshopped Geno" levels of a stretch. Photoshop doesn't fix polygon counts, people.
Not that I entirely buy this but can't you just take a picture of a screen for the desired effect you're talking about?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Sassy Geno lives until people prove New Boy Geno came before him.
The model itself is from Legacy XP which I'm pretty sure is a couple years old. The fact that that model exists in that pose with that Background is almost impossible to fake given the nature of the Delfino plaza stage.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So, Which leak shall we investigate next? Seriously, if we were to bring this back to get debunked (?), lets do it to the others!

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I personally lean towards the 'real leak' Tansut is talking about is still kept within some kind of internal circle and hasn't truly leaked yet, but as of now there's nothing concrete saying whether or not it's this Geno image.

But I refuse to believe, in a world where-

A) Sakurai has wanted Geno since at least Brawl
B) Sakurai has metnioned as recently as 2016 that they still receive many, many votes to include Geno
C) Square-Enix is already working with Smash from the get-go, and has already allowed Geno in the game in some capacity
D) Geno got to be a 3rd-Party Mii Costume alongside characters like Monster Hunter, Heihachi, Chocobo, extra Mega Man characters, and extra Sonic characters
E) By all metrics we can draw from, Geno was the most popular SE character on the polls by a wide margin and the most reliable leakers point to a new SE character coming

-that Geno could possibly miss this game. Base, DLC, online subscription bonus, name your price, but I can't see it not happening somehow, some way. There is no such thing as a 'lock', but by god, the evidence is there.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Photoshop doesn't fix polygon counts, people.
Oh you... Poor young innocent soul-
Not defending this, since I'm just sitting here confused about that picture... and sad if it's not a true model because it looked wonderful

But you don't know what people with patience, Photoshop and 4chan can do.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The model itself is from Legacy XP which I'm pretty sure is a couple years old. The fact that that model exists in that pose with that Background is almost impossible to fake given the nature of the Delfino plaza stage.
This isn't proof.

Call me whatever you want folks but until I get an actual timestamp and proof...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honest question:

Would anyone be suprised if Geno didn’t get in because Square outright refused to use him?

How would you react?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Ken, though I feel like the more we try to pick it apart, the stronger it gets.
Eventually we dissect it so far that is somehow becomes the actual Ken annou-

Wait, that's it! Guys, we've been fools all along! There never was a drought! We just have to reverse engineer the Ken leak into a direct!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom