• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That is interesting, with characters, who's final smashes haven't been revealed yet, What are y'all's hopes for some of these charcters?

:ultyounglink: really hoping for Fierce Deity in some form.
:ultpeach: would love to see Psyche Bomb from SMRPG (Possible to be revealed when/if Geno is revealed)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I don't think this is the case for everyone. I wanted Dixie but have no desire for K.Rool. Similarly, I know quite a lot people who can't care less about her but want the Kremlin King after Ridley.

Also if every K.Rool fan was also a Dixie fan, we'd still see a huge push for her.
Most of us are done with speculation, due to the sheer amount of waiting we did for K. Rool. Some of the hard core speculators and fans are still around, but for the most part seeing K. Rool wasn't the signal to WANT something else. It was more of a closure thing for most of us. Just because our energy is not being used on that specific character or maybe speculation in general anymore doesn't mean we are not fans of Dixie. I love Dixie. We'll see if she gets in. I hope so.

I know I speak for many K. Rool fans when I say that I used every ounce of mental energy since 2014 especially, trying to get him playable by spreading the word anywhere and everywhere. We had the #KrocTheVote slogan flying around and Japan was sending their love too. Who would have guessed that he was going to be confirmed a few years later. Many of our support efforts were for new DK content in general. Not just K. Rool. For those of us who actually care about the DK franchise as whole, we wanted any new DK representation. Different stages, more varieties of music, and new fighters. Even if all we could get was DK items or an AT.

Dreams do come true and not only did we get K. Rool, but every other one of those things as well. Dixie couldn't be far behind. She almost made into Brawl after all. I'm still rooting for her with the little bit of energy I have left. xD It has just been nice to take a break. *PHEW* (Ridley fans should understand) Our thread drastically slowed down after K. Rools inclusion whereas the Isaac thread (where I spend most of my time now) has exploded to an enormous size in comparison. Whether it be from anxiety or hype, it isn't too clear, but once you get what you've wanted for so long, it feels so good to just sit back and watch.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Honestly, Hyrule Warriors didn't have that much variety until Legends, it was only OoT, TP, and SS with two DLC characters from MM, so kind of exactly what FE Warriors had with three games and two characters not from those games. Legends was when it got diverse with WW, LA, ST, and LBW added.
Honestly, that's fair. I hope FE Warriors gets a definitive edition like Hyrule, then, because I'd love something with a whole boatload of characters from the whole series.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Most of us are done with speculation, due to the sheer amount of waiting we did for K. Rool. Some of the hard core speculators and fans are still around, but for the most part seeing K. Rool wasn't the signal to WANT something else. It was more of a closure thing for most of us. Just because our energy is not being used on that specific character or maybe speculation in general anymore doesn't mean we are not fans of the Dixie. I love Dixie. We'll see if she gets in. I hope so.

I know I speak for many K. Rool fans when I say that I used every ounce of mental energy since 2014 especially, trying to get him playable by spreading the word anywhere and everywhere. We had the #KrocTheVote slogan flying around and Japan was sending their love too. Who would have guess years later...here we are. Many of our support efforts were for new DK content in general. Not just K. Rool. For those of us who actually care about the DK franchise as whole, we wanted any new DK representation. Different stages, more varieties of music, and new fighters. Even if all we could get was DK items or an AT.

Dreams do come true and not only did we get K. Rool, but every other one of those things as well. Dixie couldn't be far behind. She almost made into Brawl after all. I'm still rooting for her with the little bit of energy I have left. xD It has just been nice to take a break. *PHEW* (Ridley fans should understand) Our thread drastically slowed down after K. Rools inclusion whereas the Isaac thread (where I spend most of my time now) has exploded to an enormous size in comparison. Whether it be from anxiety or hype, it isn't too clear, but once you get what you've wanted for so long, it feels so good to just sit back and watch.
How would one go about "spreading the word" for their character?

I may or may not need to start an Ashley campaign...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmao, Fire Emblem Warrior's development was a mess, and the producer/ Tecmo Koei is faulty for that and there rumor that the dev team themselves though the roster was ****. I still refuse to believe I breath the same air as people thinking "Nah dude, Ike? Roy? Hector? You mean the characters we could ride of their off-shore popularity and sell mucho thanks to them? Lmao **** that, we keep them for a never ever sequel however, please, add more Fates charcters, tnx love."
And that game was also the time Lyn got pushed forward, and it all went to hell as she basically started to get pushed to hell in Cipher and Heroes after getting into Warriors
Agree. I don't know how you can have a Fire Emblem Warriors game and not have Ike in it. Or Hector for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inverse.com/amp/article/49608-smash-ultimate-leaks-medusa-on-roster

This is a follow-up story on the recent article on Medusa. I contacted the author afterwards with some more solid evidence and he decided to write a second article.

In the article one question is raised that could debunk my evidence, but I actually have some info to debunk that potential counter argument.. only was I too late to share that with the author.. if you're curious to know about that info, ask away!

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inverse.com/amp/article/49608-smash-ultimate-leaks-medusa-on-roster

This is a follow-up story on the recent article on Medusa. I contacted the author afterwards with some more solid evidence and he decided to write a second article.

In the article one question is raised that could debunk my evidence, but I actually have some info to debunk that potential counter argument.. only was I too late to share that with the author.. if you're curious to know about that info, ask away!
Y'know, I really doubt a voice actress would slip up and break a potential NDA like that.

But I'm sure Medusa would be a great pick, so hang in there.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
How would one go about "spreading the word" for their character?

I may or may not need to start an Ashley campaign...
Do anything and everything you can. Share artwork, move-set ideas, videos explaining the characters history and legacy. Pictures are always better than simple text. Pictures get the idea across very well. K. Rools move-set is near identical to many of the fan-made move-sets that were circulating in 2014-2015. The great people over in the K. Rool thread all had their own way of spreading the news. As for myself, I'd take whatever fan-art was posted on our thread and Tweet it to Sakurai, Nintendo, Playtonic..etc. It was quite a bit different with the ballot running around. I'd put in dozens of votes in every day if I could for the character. I made everyone I know do the same.

Over time, it became more of a, "Let your voice be heard" movement. Many of us started posting #KrocTheVote to any and all social media sites. There was a few months where I went around to the most popular Youtube and Twitter speculators and asked them what they thought of K. Rools absence, and if they wanted him or didn't want him; while at the same time posting a welcome message to any readers to join our movement of wanting the King to return. Some Youtubers helped by making it known that they wanted him or by expressing their confusion as to why he was not in yet (in video), others said they would help with Top 10 lists and what not.

Just spread the word anyway you can. People don't want a character if they don't know anything about them, and until the ballot started, K. Rool was a "never going to happen/irrelevant" character. We have been shown that we couldn't have been further from the truth after Nintendo clearly saw how badly he was missed. Now he will be known by everyone who plays Smash Ultimate. Feels good. He is back in the spotlight next to DK where he belongs. Hell, maybe he'll team up with Bowser some day near or far. P.S. I just can't wait to see him back in the DK franchise, because at this point, it is inevitable.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Y'know, I really doubt a voice actress would slip up and break a potential NDA like that.

Medusa is another villain to the roster, not to mention a female character. A female villain!!

I would be pretty stoked if Smash Ultimate decided to up the roster with two female villains (Dark Samus and Medusa).

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice

It seemed intentional to me.. but there's no way to know for sure.

In the meantime I'm doing my very best to keep expectations in check hahah, but I'm hanging in there :) the fact that Medusa actually has some sort of a chance this time around still makes me happy, compared to Smash 4.

Last edited:

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
Do anything and everything you can. Share artwork, move-set ideas, videos explaining the characters history and legacy. Pictures are always better than simple text. Pictures get the idea across very well. K. Rools move-set is near identical to many of the fan-made move-sets that were circulating in 2014-2015. The great people over in the K. Rool thread all had their own way of spreading the news. As for myself, I'd take whatever fan-art was posted on our thread and Tweet it to Sakurai, Nintendo, Playtonic..etc. It was quite a bit different with the ballot running around. I'd put in dozens of votes in every day if I could for the character. I made everyone I know do the same.

Over time, it became more of a, "Let your voice be heard" movement. Many of us started posting #KrocTheVote to any and all social media sites. There was a few months where I went around to the most popular Youtube and Twitter speculators and asked them what they thought of K. Rools absence, and if they wanted him or didn't want him; while at the same time posting a welcome message to any readers to join our movement of wanting the King to return. Some Youtubers helped by making it known that they wanted him or by expressing their confusion as to why he was not in yet (in video), others said they would help with Top 10 lists and what not.

Just spread the word anyway you can. People don't want a character if they don't know anything about them, and until the ballot started, K. Rool was a "never going to happen/irrelevant" character. We have been shown that we couldn't have been further from the truth after Nintendo clearly saw how badly he was missed. Now he will be known by everyone who plays Smash Ultimate. Feels good. He is back in the spotlight next to DK where he belongs. Hell, maybe he'll team up with Bowser some day near or far. P.S. I just can't wait to see him back in the DK franchise, because at this point, it is inevitable.
On point!! That's what me and my friend are trying to do for Medusa these days, and it's gotten some good results so far (like these articles)

Noipoi

Howdy!

How informative! Thanks!
I believe the "Ashley campaign" is well into full swing.
Really?

or is that a joke i'm not getting?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How informative! Thanks!

Really?

or is that a joke i'm not getting?
Yeah, if you're talking about Warioware's Ashely, the support thread has up to 183 pages and... a LOT of supporters, you included.

Graizen

Smash Champion
In a Agumon trailer for Smash, with which character should he fight?

1 - Pikachu
2 - Charizard
3 - Pokémon Trainer
4 - Yoshi
5 - Ridley
6 - Mario
7 - Bowser
8 - Mewtwo
9 - Mr. Game & Watch
10 - King K. Rool

Noipoi

Howdy!

1 - Pikachu
2 - Charizard
3 - Pokémon Trainer
4 - Yoshi
5 - Ridley
6 - Mario
7 - Bowser
8 - Mewtwo
9 - Mr. Game & Watch
10 - King K. Rool
What's your favorite food?

I know it's off topic, but I just wanna know if it's Digimon related :laugh:.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

It would be really cool if she made it in, she’s on my wishlist, but I’m taking this info with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Medusa is another villain to the roster, not to mention a female character. A female villain!!

I would be pretty stoked if Smash Ultimate decided to up the roster with two female villains (Dark Samus and Medusa).
:4wendy:

Poor Wendy. No one ever remembers she exists when talking about female villains.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Nice. I like me a good fettuccine alfredo.
And yes, for me Digimon is realy special.
I played alot of Digimon games for more than 15 years.
One of my all time favorite Games is Digimon World 2.

I love Pokémon so much as well!
And one of my Dreams as a kid was to see Digimon and Pokémon together!
Smash Bros is the best chance for that to happen! Thats why i fight so much for Agumon.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

1 - Pikachu
2 - Charizard
3 - Pokémon Trainer
4 - Yoshi
5 - Ridley
6 - Mario
7 - Bowser
8 - Mewtwo
9 - Mr. Game & Watch
10 - King K. Rool
Pokémon Trainer, I want him to see him get confused as to why a pokéball doesn’t capture this strange undiscovered “Pokémon”.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

1 - Pikachu
2 - Charizard
3 - Pokémon Trainer
4 - Yoshi
5 - Ridley
6 - Mario
7 - Bowser
8 - Mewtwo
9 - Mr. Game & Watch
10 - King K. Rool
Agumon vs Pikachu, of course--the icons of each series. Would be awesome to see a CG trailer of that.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Pokémon Trainer, I want him to see him get confused as to why a pokéball doesn’t capture this strange undiscovered “Pokémon”.
This alone makes me want to see some kind of crossover. Not necessarily Smash but this in a trailer or any other kind of crossover would put a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

1 - Pikachu
2 - Charizard
3 - Pokémon Trainer
4 - Yoshi
5 - Ridley
6 - Mario
7 - Bowser
8 - Mewtwo
9 - Mr. Game & Watch
10 - King K. Rool
I always imagined he would be fighting either Charizard or Ridley, get knocked down, and Digivolve into Greymon to beat them.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

1 - Pikachu
2 - Charizard
3 - Pokémon Trainer
4 - Yoshi
5 - Ridley
6 - Mario
7 - Bowser
8 - Mewtwo
9 - Mr. Game & Watch
10 - King K. Rool
It's gotta be Pikachu. As much as I want my boi FINALLY in one of these CG trailers, this isn't the right one to do it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And yes, for me Digimon is realy special.
I played alot of Digimon games for more than 15 years.
One of my all time favorite Games is Digimon World 2.

I love Pokémon so much as well!
And one of my Dreams as a kid was to see Digimon and Pokémon together!
Smash Bros is the best chance for that to happen! Thats why i fight so much for Agumon.
That's really cool.
I'm not trying to shut you down, I just honestly think it's funny how most of your posts are Digimon related.
Maybe one day you'll actually get to see Pikachu fight Agumon, fight the good fight.

Also, he'd probably fight Pikachu. They're the Mario and Sonic of the monster catching genre, It makes the most sense.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This is the only Pokemon crossover I want to see

G͑ͯͫ͠҉̵͔̤̲o̷̱͕͈̊̓́̀Ť̛̝̙͎̟̙͙̍ͪͯ́ͅt͕͎͕͇̻̆ͣ͗ͭ́͘a̴̭̗̮̺̦̣̤ͦ̆͊ͫ̄ͧͯͯ ̷̡̧̝̺̼͎̓̓̒ͪ̆ͮ͗̅c̢̼̭̳̞͉͓̠ͧͩ̈̒͐͐Á̲̫̳͛ͨ̀̚̚t͕̉̈́ͮ͟c͚̬̙̺̗̣ͪ͟͝ͅH͇̹̻̝͓̪͋̉̕ ͤͤ̿̈́͑ͨ̊͏̷̵̫̦̳͓̹̠͍͇ͅË̖̩͉̰̘̲̃͛m̳̻͓̝̽̒ͩͥ̈ͤ̾̆ ̴̨̛̗͖̘̼̺̙̮̤͐̾̎͗̚A̛̬̜̝̣̣͐́ͤ̈́ͩ͂́͗̑͠l̶̸̗̭̞̬̮̬̼̞ͩ̂̑̋̅̌̚L̶̨̻̼ͪ̉ͭ̄̅̓͌̈͋͢

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom