• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
It's probably worth mentioning, since no one else has said it, at least in recent pages. You get a once per day rewatch of a snapchat. So someone could've seen it, went and downloaded software to record the screen and replayed the Snapchat.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Yeah go check out my newest video on it for all the details:

but that post you quoted is the major points.

I trust this source, so im extra on board with this leak though there are some "strange" things going on with incineroar and possibly other characters "insiders" have heard about, but i really dont know what to make of all that.

I'm past thinking "is this leak a fake" though, now its more like is nintendo using "leak bait" characters behind the scenes to catch people leaking OR prevent leaks or something? there is some odd stuff going on I guess but I trust my source and this leak is looking very real from what ive heard from them.
Yo Papa, just to be sure.
Is your name Eric?

Flon

Smash Cadet
If this is legitimate material, then leaking this could have harsh repercussions to the people involved and the company. They're breaking NDA. It's key to claim that you have no information or recollection of what is going on; don't bring attention to it.

I do wonder how this will follow through. To me, Nintendo admitted the ESRB leak was legitimate once they removed those videos as fast as they could. Whether this is fake or real they're probably best to just keep quiet.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
What are we talking about?
Banners and Murals again?

Anything disproven or found out since last night?
There were some very noticeable differences in the background that people seem to not want to acknowledge.

snowsyyy

Smash Rookie
Listen, the leaker most likely isn't Eric Bricard.

On his LinkedIn, it is written that he got arts and graphic education from 1981 to 1984 which means that currently, he must be around 50 years old.

I don't believe that someone in this age range is immature enough to break NDAs on Snapchat with childish spelling mistakes and emojis. The leaker has to be someone else.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is it me or is the Smash community becoming more of a Detective Agency recently?

I say it's more Ace Attorney but I'm not sure honestly.

Still, that's a good show.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't the game be out in japan by then?
The VGAs start in morning in Japan. I suppose if they did that it would run on the technicality of the game not being out in the in the entire world and it would run up to just how much they would care about Japan getting access to the game a few hours before the announcement.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
If this was real and I was Nintendo, I wouldn't know what to do. If I was to try to take this leak down it would instantly reveal that it is true. I guess the best course of action is to do nothing... for now. There is enough uncertainty to keep people guessing. Nintendo stepping in would ruin that.

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Just an observation...

Why is "Team Real" positioning themselves as the Good Guys? (Image of Sith (fake) vs Jedi (real), Image of Voldermort (fake) vs Potter (real) )

This leak being real would be quite disappointing to Sakurai, not to mention the breach of confidentiality. Not to mention the hype of the surprise will be considerably watered down. Not exactly what I'd associate with "Good"...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We need the X-Men theme on this chat.

We are fighting for the best future of the gaming comunity.

We can't let Reggie Fils-a-Trask win.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Y’know, this leak got me thinking about how Verg has been correct all before, and made sure to have multiple sources all verify Incineroar before he said anything. I ended up having a little theory.

You know how up until like a month ago, Verg’s sources couldn’t agree on who the Gen 7 rep would be? Maybe it’s because it’s planned for DLC instead, and only within the last few months was it decided to be Incineroar, based on his rising popularity and promotion.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
A @NintendoActu source has had the opportunity to call the supposed leaker through his workplace, who claimed to be was unaware of the situation and said he hasn't been contacted by any partners about that particular subject.

Translated from https://twitter.com/NintendoActu/status/1055457829769883648
I mean, what else would he say though?

“Hey, did you willingly go behind your company’s back and send confidential information to a friend, who later posted it across the Internet?”

“Yeah lmao you know I had to do it to em”

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Just an observation...

Why is "Team Real" positioning themselves as the Good Guys? (Image of Sith (fake) vs Jedi (real), Image of Voldermort (fake) vs Potter (real) )

This leak being real would be quite disappointing to Sakurai, not to mention the breach of confidentiality. Not to mention the hype of the surprise will be considerably watered down. Not exactly what I'd associate with "Good"...
Banjo, Isaac, Geno, Mach Rider, CKs, Ken, Shadow > Incineroar, Ken

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Just an observation...

Yet if it is fake, we lose a potentially dream filled roster and go back to "probably just a Pokemon and Ken" speculation.
It is not a black and white issue i'm afraid.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Just an observation...

"From my point of view the jedi are evil!"

Also, the only real alternative to this leak being real we have right now is Kencineroar+ steve, maybe....possibly...no one can seem to agree. It certainly seems like a dark timeline for this leak to be fake.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Real or fake, this leak has been pretty entertaining. It's nice to have discussion over something other than the same recycled topics.

Just be careful with expectations is all I say. If this does turn out to be false, the outrage is going to be immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom