• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Listen, the leaker most likely isn't Eric Bricard.

On his LinkedIn, it is written that he got arts and graphic education from 1981 to 1984 which means that currently, he must be around 50 years old.

I don't believe that someone in this age range is immature enough to break NDAs on Snapchat with childish spelling mistakes and emojis. The leaker has to be someone else.
Maybe he didn't know how big of a deal the banner was. Maybe he was just like "haha so here's my latest project, looks pretty cool, huh?"

Potato_

Smash Lord
If this was real and I was Nintendo, I wouldn't know what to do. If I was to try to take this leak down it would instantly reveal that it is true. I guess the best course of action is to do nothing... for now. There is enough uncertainty to keep people guessing. Nintendo stepping in would ruin that.
I agree with this, but I do hope that this whole thing pushes Nintendo into showing their hand early, before leaks can ruin it all.

Luig

Confused
What confuses me, if it is a leaker was assuming his identity, wouldn't the real eric have come out saying that it's not him?
We've got so much material from this and lore we could write a novel.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
At least if Kencineroar happens DLC keeps its hype

D

Deleted member

Ok this is how we are now:

The comunity (us included) are the X-Smashers.

Nintendo and the biggest specculators are members of Trask Industries.

The people against the leak are the Mutant Brotherhood.

And the Grinch is Jean Grey.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Every one of Incineroar's alts (except for the standard one) will be inspired by a real life Wrestler
Red - Standard
Green - John Cena
Purple - Randy Savage
Gray - Stonecold Steve Austin

I need help with the final 4 colors, lol
Give me some suggestions...

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
What confuses me, if it is a leaker was assuming his identity, wouldn't the real eric have come out saying that it's not him?
We've got so much material from this and lore we could write a novel.
Regardless of if he's the leaker or not he's probably been told to say as little as possible to avoid incriminating himself and the company.

Arthur97

Smash Master
"From my point of view the jedi are evil!"

Also, the only real alternative to this leak being real we have right now is Kencineroar+ steve, maybe....possibly...no one can seem to agree. It certainly seems like a dark timeline for this leak to be fake.
Not the only alternative. Maybe they're both wrong.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I still feel like it’s real, but once it crashes down I’m gonna be super disappointed. I really don’t want to go back to accepting the reality of Kencineroar.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So hum...A while ago, someone talked about how the copyright means no other licence or third parties could be added because in the Demo there wasn't any spot left.
Well, Nintendo recently started their Ads where we see the Smash Ultimate titlescreen with the 1.0.0 version aaand...

UEUii6z.png

The Font changed...It's not full anymore.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Maybe he didn't know how big of a deal the banner was. Maybe he was just like "haha so here's my latest project, looks pretty cool, huh?"
I think the most important thing is his response. The snap is legit. We know the image is legit, his name is on there. He's saying he hasn't heard anything because if he LITERALLY says anything else, he's ****ed. I mean, real or fake, he's probably already screwed and blacklisted, and that sucks if this is fake.

But personally I don't think it is fake, and this guy is just having a taste of his own medicine rn.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm still in a boat where I'll probably be satisfied either way,
Either my most wanted character gets in, or we get the most memetic newcomer on the planet...

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Banjo, Isaac, Geno, Mach Rider, CKs, Ken, Shadow > Incineroar, Ken
But that's just about wants. I'm talking about the impact such things have on the people trying to get the most out of the hard work they've been putting into this.

Frankly positioning yourself as "good" simply because you get what you want is downright selfish and the opposite of good. "Team Real" is undoubtedly the darkness of the speculation period. It's not for truth, it's for "self".

KMDP

Smash Legend
Maybe he didn't know how big a deal the banner was, invited his son to tour the office with him that day by chance, left the room for a few minutes (for any number of reasons), and well, here we deal.
I think the most important thing is his response. The snap is legit. We know the image is legit, his name is on there. He's saying he hasn't heard anything because if he LITERALLY says anything else, he's ****ed. I mean, real or fake, he's probably already screwed and blacklisted, and that sucks if this is fake.

But personally I don't think it is fake, and this guy is just having a taste of his own medicine rn.
Or this *shrug*

osby

Smash Obsessed
So hum...A while ago, someone talked about how the copyright means no other licence or third parties could be added because in the Demo there wasn't any spot left.
Well, Nintendo recently started their Ads where we see the Smash Ultimate titlescreen with the 1.0.0 version aaand...

View attachment 171919

Plot thickens.

...though it might be Steve.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

View attachment 171919

ENHANCE!

But in all seriousness, it's going to take a direct or another leak to corroborate this one. I wonder if another leaker from a different company has the balls to do it lol.

Untouch

Smash Master

View attachment 171919

We need CSI to enhance this picture so we can see the text.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
At least if Kencineroar happens DLC keeps its hype
Honestly if the leak is real DLC will be more hype.

Geno, Banjo, Shadow, Isaac, and a Rhythm Heaven rep will all be out of the way.
With some big names out of the way, I could more realistically start hoping for Skull Kid again, and maybe Bandana Dee too.

Of course that’s after Spring Man and Rex, who will definitely 100% be DLC and if I’m wrong I’ll explode.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I just saw again Death Note and this is similar to the Kira vs L battle, everytime one of them makes something bulletproof the other one destroys it and makes another bulletproof movement, and so....

Leak is real because of this -> no leak is false because of this -> but that makes the leak even more real because of this -> ....

What will happen after chapter 25 when
Eric gets fired

Who will take his turn?

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

View attachment 171919

Well according to papagenos papagenos ' source, they have actual proof of Banjo, so that would be another company they'd need to add (obviously depending on whether or not you trust this source.)

Yeah a Direct is really the only thing that's gonna solve all these questions IMO.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
this leak is a hydra huh. We finally get a decent bomb with marina speaking out. But then Banjo Boomer Gang shows decent evidence it could be from ACP anyway.

My guess is that ACP is a dead end if you wanna sleuth. From what i can tell, they do game stuff, not nothing from non french games. Their stuff also seems to be displays for shops. The sky tube banner lines up with a display, but the company doesnt seem to have a record for jp developed media. It's a 50/50 and it can only be broken if ACP come out and talk about it. Which if they have an NDA for whatever reason, they would not.

I'm still weirded out by this, but the chorus kids artwork hoax really gave me ESRB leak flashbacks lmao.

D

Deleted member

Just changed my sig to incorporate all the leaked characters from the banner as well as some others I'd love to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yes, Aurora Borealis' can occur anytime, anywhere.

It just happens in some places, more frequently than others. :)
I appreciate the reply, but, the correct reply was a simple 'yes'.

I take it you're not a fan of the Simpsons (or saw the meme that exploded 10 years after the episode's airing lol)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

View attachment 171919

OH Snap! thats something.

that could mean more companies...banjo kazooie owning companies perhaps haha

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just an observation...

Why is "Team Real" positioning themselves as the Good Guys? (Image of Sith (fake) vs Jedi (real), Image of Voldermort (fake) vs Potter (real) )

This leak being real would be quite disappointing to Sakurai, not to mention the breach of confidentiality. Not to mention the hype of the surprise will be considerably watered down. Not exactly what I'd associate with "Good"...
Y'know, I'm not really sure why Team Fake is being antagonized. Team Fake isn't a group of evil Smash fans who love ruining the fun for others by deconfirming Geno and Isaac (Heck, I've even seen faithful Geno and Isaac supporters being on Team Fake).

As believable as this leak looks, you can't help but think that this is way too good to be true. Some people just don't want to risk being disappointed during the final Direct, so they'd rather debunk the leak now then to see a major saltfest when the last few characters aren't as spectacular as everyone was expecting.

That's not to say there aren't a few bad seeds on Team Fake, but you're fooling yourself if you think all of Team Real is completely innocent (AKA the good guys). I've seen more than a few users on Team Real belittle those who thought this could be fake. I usually have to bite my tongue when that happens.

Flon

Smash Cadet
Specifically, this one magazine image.
That's really oldschool. Out of all the fighters that may have been leaked, Mach Rider is the one I'm most curious about. I think there's a lot of creativity there.

However, I definitely want to see just how much joy Banjo, Isaac and Geno will bring to people. It'll be such a nice sight which is why my belief for this leak is also driven by hope. I'd probably end up replaying Super Mario RPG just in anticipation.

Though, always maintain scepticism despite that want for this to be real.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Every one of Incineroar's alts (except for the standard one) will be inspired by a real life Wrestler
Red - Standard
Green - John Cena
Purple - Randy Savage
Gray - Stonecold Steve Austin

I need help with the final 4 colors, lol
Give me some suggestions...
An Ultimate Warrior reference would be nice or Black and White for 90’s version of Sting. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom