• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, hypothetical time: Final direct. Sakurai does the One More Thing. Talks about multiplayer games and shooters and games that changed the face of both. Which would make you the most hype?

1. Halo theme complete with soaring vistas of distant planets
2. DOOM theme alongside slaughtering demons in the depths of Hell
3. Black screen complete with a render of James Bond reenacting the intro to GoldenEye 007 along with the iconic theme

This is a super tough choice for me so I'd love to hear your takes!
I wouldn't recognize Halo but it'd be more hype to see how far the franchise that started off as a weekend project got

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Goku early
Goku late
Goku SS1
Goku SS2
Goku SS3
Goku SS4
Repeat for Goku GT forms, Vegeta, Gogeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Trunks, Gohan etc.
Basically, every form is here.
Even Ultra Instinct?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I was talking about Smash possibly rivalling BT3's roster, once again me being vague is my undoing. :laugh:

4th option:

"You thought I was gone forever?"

Duke Nukem shows up. Cue some family-friendly gunning down of pig cops that were assaulting the other characters.
Okay I'm slamming that Like button. Would love Duke. Part of me still has a huge soft spot for him even if he's a relic. Duke 3D still holds up especially with a high res texture pack.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You do know Ken is probably the most Important echo fighter, right?
He was the OG clone. He makes way too much sense.
It wouldn't be too out of the question if he was announced by himself...
He's the most vanilla echo fighter of all echo fighters.

He is the epitome of boring final echo fighter reveal in my opinion, because of course no **** he's a logical choice of an echo fighter of Ryu.

But he's also iconic enough to get into Smash on his own merits as a unique fighter as well.

There's no sort of excitement to him as an echo fighter. Because to me echo fighters are people who were basically never getting into Smash any other way.

That's why Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, etc are exciting.

Ken and Shadow? Not as much. They can get in as echos sure, but they both have their merits for inclusion outside of that new tag.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, hypothetical time: Final direct. Sakurai does the One More Thing. Talks about multiplayer games and shooters and games that changed the face of both. Which would make you the most hype?

3. Black screen complete with a render of James Bond reenacting the intro to GoldenEye 007 along with the iconic theme

1 by FAR
Don't care about 2 and 3 and have been fond of Halo since childhood

beans

Smash Lord

Bond
While Master Chief would basicaly throw any rules for third parties out of the window, and Doom has the OG points, James Bomd would just throw all rules out or the window.
He isnt even a game character for ****s sake.
It would be the hypest and I would be really sad if it got leaked because nothing would replace that surprise

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's doubly worrying when there are TWO Megaman series that ended on cliffhangers between Legends and ZX...
I'd agree but considering Elma was just used as a major promotion for DLC in XBC2, I don't think Monolith will forget X anytime soon.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

He is the epitome of boring final echo fighter reveal in my opinion, because of course no **** he's a logical choice of an echo fighter of Ryu.

But he's also iconic enough to get into Smash on his own merits as a unique fighter as well.

There's no sort of excitement to him as an echo fighter. Because to me echo fighters are people who were basically never getting into Smash any other way.

Ken and Shadow? Not as much. They can get in as echos sure, but they both have their merits for inclusion outside of that new tag.
I don't think anybody expected Shadow before E3, he was always popular in the modding community but suffered the Ridley problem of having a recurring non-playable role. Heck before Richter we believed third-party series getting more than one rep was an impossibility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Trailer starts
>We are in a jungle
>The camera points to a bush
>Suddenly it starts shaking
>Crash comes out of it
>Does the dance
>He hears something
>Shattered pieces surround him
>He gets captured by them
>The pieces connect together to form an assist trophy object
>The camera starts zooming on it
>The thing starts to crack
>It crashes
>
"MADDEN PLAYER BRINGS THE ATARI SPORTS!"

D

Deleted member

I want Elma in for many reasons, I really liked what I saw of her character and she has a nice selection of arts that could make interesting moves, not to mention dual guns/blades. I know a lot of people think Xenoblade doesn't need more characters but the series seems like it's not stopping anywhere any time soon so it's bound to grow bigger and bigger and I'd be reaply bummed if Elma lost her chance dur to timing like so many cool FE characters do.
Besides, it's not every day that you have a black character, much less a woman, as what's effectively your lead.

beans

Smash Lord
>Trailer starts
>We are in a jungle
>Crash comes out of it
>Does the dance
>He hears something
>It crashes
>
>And as a single tear slides down across everyone's faces we mutter:
>"Activision has done it again"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>Trailer starts
>We are in a jungle
>Crash comes out of it
>Does the dance
>He hears something
>It crashes
>
He'd be a Mario character.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I want Elma in for many reasons, I really liked what I saw of her character and she has a nice selection of arts that could make interesting moves, not to mention dual guns/blades. I know a lot of people think Xenoblade doesn't need more characters but the series seems like it's not stopping anywhere any time soon so it's bound to grow bigger and bigger and I'd be reaply bummed if Elma lost her chance dur to timing like so many cool FE characters do.
Besides, it's not every day that you have a black character, much less a woman, as what's effectively your lead.
That's a great point (that I'm sure people will come at you and say WELL WHY DOES IT M A T T E R for saying unfortunately) about her being a lead, black, and a girl.

She's a very cool character. I don't particularly want her, but she's my favorite Xenoblade character (no competition, only played X and read about the others) and if she got in there'd be no complaints from me. Probably play her quite a bit too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well I mean, she's technically an alien with white and blue skin but yeah, her form of choice was a black woman.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

At the very least, Shadow would be exciting.

Of course he's gonna be one of the first characters who come to mind for potential Echoes, but unlike Ken, he's been fairly popular in the Smash community over the years. May not come across as a suprise, but at least there's the excitement of getting an official confirmation.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's doubly worrying when there are TWO Megaman series that ended on cliffhangers between Legends and ZX...
X is also on a cliffhanger, don't forget. And Classic... Well we still need to figure out how the bridge to X was made,though I don't think they'll ever tell us because that would imply ending the classic series.

Starforce is... Not as much on a cliffhanger as much as it has some major unresolved plot points.

Honestly the only two series that have anything close to a conclusion are Zero and BN, but I've always considered ZX "Zero 5 and 6" honestly, and BN can still keep going I think.

But yeah, X did pretty well, especially by Wii U standards. Monolith isn't going to let that one go. I'd dare wager it's where Xenoblade is going to go next.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

This is probably the worst beating of literally any character I've seen in a while. No holding back.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
>Trailer starts
>We are in a jungle
>Crash comes out of it
>Does the dance
>He hears something
>It crashes
>
I heard Dan Marino from the hit N64 game NFL Blitz was going to be in Smash but he was deemed far too OP.

D

Deleted member

That's a great point (that I'm sure people will come at you and say WELL WHY DOES IT M A T T E R for saying unfortunately) about her being a lead, black, and a girl.

She's a very cool character. I don't particularly want her, but she's my favorite Xenoblade character (no competition, only played X and read about the others) and if she got in there'd be no complaints from me. Probably play her quite a bit too.
Don't worry, I have my response ready
Facebook-4456ee_4.png

this image is so abusable and i love it
Well I mean, she's technically an alien with white and blue skin but yeah, her form of choice was a black woman.
Eh, I'll count that as a victory still

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

This is probably the worst beating of literally any character I've seen in a while. No holding back.
Based on those first few seconds, I thought you were talking about Ganon getting smoked.

I'm thrilled to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom