• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I feel that if there were to be two Directs in November, one would be a normal Nintendo Direct, the second a Smash Direct.

The normal Direct would likely end in an announcement for the Smash Direct's air date. No newcomer reveals, just the air date.

Then, the Smash Direct would show off the last of the newcomers, clearly stating that the entire roster has been revealed. Though possibly a DLC tease at the end.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They should still do the reverse. Early November is the best time to do it now otherwise you're risking the entire roster getting leaked. We don't need it happening a third time.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
thanks i hate it. cutting unique characters because they aren't "important" enough while adding tingle and the baby bros...super happy that people on this board aren't in charge of the smash games.
My thing is, it’s fun to experiment and all but I’m really curious how Saks would tackle this. Like what would be his thought process when he possibly has to come to rebooting the series and cutting a chunk of the characters. Puff is a good character to use as an example. My thing is I could easily see Puff getting cut in a reboot for obvious reasons. But I also can see Puff sticking around if Saks does prioritize the seniority of some characters. Maybe even a mix of seniority but also focusing on more significant and important characters to keep.

D

Deleted member

I don't trust youtubers, especially after the January logan paul thing, and I rather trust things that seem realistic rather than "lawl two directs on November", so yea.
So you're putting the blame on people that doesn't... I'm genuinely confused. Especially when there is so much evidence that Spawn Wave presented above even the most credible leakers? And isn't this a subsidary of the same site that said Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will come to the Switch?

Sorry, can't relate.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
So you're putting the blame on people that doesn't... I'm genuinely confused. Especially when there is so much evidence that Spawn Wave presented above even the most credible leakers? And isn't this a subsidary of the same site that said Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 will come to the Switch?

Sorry, can't relate.
I just have trust issues with things related to youtube, my guy

Shroob

Sup?
Of course, we could just... have the Smash Direct before the general one.

That link above is predicting it between the 5th and 7th.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
People seem to forget that just because it’s called “Ultimate” doesn’t mean it’ll be the last title, even if it is fitting and perfect enough.

It’s called “Special” in Japan meaning it’s more of an occasion rather then a finale, Sakurai himself said that he’s happy to make more installments if there’s more demand. (We don’t deserve him)

That said, I’d prefer Ultimate having a long life span with constant updates and DLC, until 202X is where the Smash 6 can start in production.

If a reboot happens, then I wouldn’t mind a more FighterZ styled game with a smaller roster and such.
FighterZ would be a cool style, but I’d prefer a Power Stone style Smash game more myself

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
People seem to forget that just because it’s called “Ultimate” doesn’t mean it’ll be the last title, even if it is fitting and perfect enough.

It’s called “Special” in Japan meaning it’s more of an occasion rather then a finale, Sakurai himself said that he’s happy to make more installments if there’s more demand. (We don’t deserve him)

That said, I’d prefer Ultimate having a long life span with constant updates and DLC, until 202X is where the Smash 6 can start in production.

If a reboot happens, then I wouldn’t mind a more FighterZ styled game with a smaller roster and such.
I was with you 'til you said FighterZ styled. If you mean looks then nvm that would be magical, but gameplay wise that'd alienate a lot of the current Smash audience. There's a reason we have such a divide between casual and competitive players, even if we're all just playing the game the way we like.
Don't get me wrong, I find fighting games interesting; I don't think Sakurai's idea of a reboot would mean sacrificing the casual-friendly nautre of Smash.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh my; we have actual credible leaks this time? Cool xD

We should at least have one direct in November... for that one unique character that left... Who knows other-wise.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I want the poll to be something like "What's your best guess for the Smash Direct week" or have some kind of betting pool to keep track of everyone's guesses, cynical or otherwise.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
- I'm told not to trust LeakyPandy
- I'm told to trust SpawnWave
- SpawnWave sources LeakyPandy (who probably steals from SpawnWave's sources)
- Me: wat

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wait, the source of this 2 directs thing is LeakyPanda?

Their track record is garbage. I'd disregard it.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
>come in here and ask for news
>no go look at the last fifteen thredds

I don't know which kind of person is worse, but I've been both.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
- I'm told not to trust LeakyPandy
- I'm told to trust SpawnWave
- SpawnWave sources LeakyPandy (who probably steals from SpawnWave's sources)
- Me: wat
In the video he mentions stuff “behind the scenes” that he’s been hearing since late September and early October. LeakyPandy never said anything about two directs.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
In the video he mentions stuff “behind the scenes” that he’s been hearing since late September and early October. LeakyPandy never said anything about two directs.
I know he mentioned his sources, so I'm less doubting SpawnWave's credibility, except to wonder why he's bringing up LeakyPandy in his video in the first place.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wait, the source of this 2 directs thing is LeakyPanda?

Their track record is garbage. I'd disregard it.
Nah. It's things behind the scene. And Leakypandy just ended up making it public before everyone else-

Leakypanda supposedly steal stuff from his source

Shroob

Sup?
A Smash Direct next month is a given.

TWO Directs seems weird.

I think there'll be an early Smash Direct, like, first full week of November, and then midway through the month an unrelated Direct.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Of course, we could just... have the Smash Direct before the general one.

That link above is predicting it between the 5th and 7th.
Well, that was expected. 3 weeks is plenty of time to do other stuff.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sorry to bring back this topic but...
Botw did have day one dlc. It was some treasure chests and a switch shirt.
Alright, you got me on a technicality. Not that that is even comparable to locking an entirely unique fighting game character behind a paywall. People would be outraged and I think Nintendo knows this. A lot of the game industry is used to that scummy BS but Nintendo fans aren't. There'd be a riot.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Nintendo's developers actually do have a lot of control over their products however. Let's not forget that one of Nintendo's most powerful figures, Miyamoto, is a game developer himself, and before he passed away Iwata had previously a progammer. I think that's a lot of the reason we haven't seen a whole lot of scummy DLC practices from major Nintendo titles.

I am fully confident we won't see any character as day one DLC, not even an echo fighter. I don't think that's something Sakurai would do and I don't think that's something Nintendo would make him do either. In fact I'm really surprised so many people see that as a possibility. What happened to make everyone so cinical of Nintendo lately?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A Smash Direct next month is a given.

TWO Directs seems weird.

I think there'll be an early Smash Direct, like, first full week of November, and then midway through the month an unrelated Direct.
Nintendo's going to want content from their biggest game coming up in their general Direct, regardless if they have another Smash Direct. Ya know, to appeal to non-Smash fans.

IronTed

Smash Ace
On one hand I have no trust for Leakypanda. On the other I've been expecting a November Smash direct since September, so either way I'm sticking to my (safish) prediction.

D

Deleted member

I just have trust issues with things related to youtube, my guy
Alright, so I'll help you out. Here has been Spawn Wave's streak, then. To point out, he also knew about all of Nintendo's fall-line up in various multiple videos, but I can't for the life of me find one with his daily uploads, but here's a few highlights.

December 17th, 2017 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Atlus' Catherine series making a return. Turns out, that was real with Catherine: Full Body.
https://youtu.be/PilH68rDHCY

June 28th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Google dipping their toes into the gaming industry and cloud-based technology. That ended up being true MONTHS later with Project Steam, a prospect where you can play games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey on your Google Chrome browser.
https://youtu.be/YB3WQLTDHcg

August 16th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rise of all the rumors about a port of New Super Mario Bros. U. The thing is, he knew about all of this before people like Liam Robertson did. Turns out, that was real with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
https://youtu.be/mq9pLaLIZbQ

August 23rd / 24th, 2018 - He put out back to back videos marking out the Smash Ultimate Switch Bundle being leaked out on a French website. Of course, this was confirmed in this year's September Direct. Then, another video pointing out the rumors of Xbox selling their customers Xbox Ones like how you contract your phones. That ended up being real, too.
https://youtu.be/dFhdRljGwD0
https://youtu.be/Scdjx-a_esE

September 3rd, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of an early Nintendo Direct in September. This was very much confirmed during one of his SpawnCast broadcasts when someone hinted at it, and turns out, that ended up being real.
https://youtu.be/YP4ku2f4qVg

With having a really good credibility status, was this any help at all? Because you can't ignore all the evidence because "it's a YouTuber".

Shroob

Sup?
Nintendo's going to want content from their biggest game coming up in their general Direct, regardless if they have another Smash Direct. Ya know, to appeal to non-Smash fans.
Depends on which comes first.

It'd be completely asinine to drop a new character in an unrelated Direct when you literally had a Smash Direct a week or so prior.

If the General Direct comes first, then sure, but if not? Nah, not feeling it.

This is going to be the last Smash Direct until DLC probably, I'm not feeling a "We'll show you all this **** to get you hyped!.......but we'll save this one guy for next week because....eh?"

D

Deleted member

I know he mentioned his sources, so I'm less doubting SpawnWave's credibility, except to wonder why he's bringing up LeakyPandy in his video in the first place.
Because they steal his sources information and post it as theirs. It's simple as that, really.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"B-but...Sakurai is surely hiding the last couple of stages as a secret reveal! There's no way he'd end the speculation cycle with Incineroar and Ken because I don't want those characters, and he has to cater specifically to my demands! He's such a troll so he's gotta have something up his sleeve!"

-The majority of this website.
*Looks at number of likes*

bjonvzcopc9z.png

Memes aside, I find it a little odd that Pokemon won't get a new stage, but I suppose these things happen.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
No, ot was not any help
Alright, so I'll help you out. Here has been Spawn Wave's streak, then. To point out, he also knew about all of Nintendo's fall-line up in various multiple videos, but I can't for the life of me find one with his daily uploads, but here's a few highlights.

December 17th, 2017 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Atlus' Catherine series making a return. Turns out, that was real with Catherine: Full Body.
https://youtu.be/PilH68rDHCY

June 28th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Google dipping their toes into the gaming industry and cloud-based technology. That ended up being true MONTHS later with Project Steam, a prospect where you can play games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey on your Google Chrome browser.
https://youtu.be/YB3WQLTDHcg

August 16th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rise of all the rumors about a port of New Super Mario Bros. U. The thing is, he knew about all of this before people like Liam Robertson did. Turns out, that was real with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
https://youtu.be/mq9pLaLIZbQ

August 23rd / 24th, 2018 - He put out back to back videos marking out the Smash Ultimate Switch Bundle being leaked out on a French website. Of course, this was confirmed in this year's September Direct. Then, another video pointing out the rumors of Xbox selling their customers Xbox Ones like how you contract your phones. That ended up being real, too.
https://youtu.be/dFhdRljGwD0
https://youtu.be/Scdjx-a_esE

September 3rd, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of an early Nintendo Direct in September. This was very much confirmed during one of his SpawnCast broadcasts when someone hinted at it, and turns out, that ended up being real.
https://youtu.be/YP4ku2f4qVg

With having a really good credibility status, was this any help at all? Because you can't ignore all the evidence because "it's a YouTuber".
I seen nearly all the rumors from liam Robertson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom