• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
It's merely a port though. Not a chance that it'll happen in this game at least
Also it'd be weird for Bowser to use a power-up only toadette gets to use. You know, unless were getting Marioette, Luigiette, Nabbitette, and uh...... Toadette

D

Deleted member

So, would everyone here be cool with me posting moveset ideas for characters?

D

Deleted member

Alright then! Here's a moveset I made for Shin Megami Tensei's Demi-Fiend!
Demi-Fiend: The hero Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. In addition to summoning demons, the Demi-Fiend's skillset focus more on skills exclusive to him in Nocturne.

Attacks:
3-hit jab: Demi-Fiend would punch his enemy two times, and his final blow would be his regular attack animation from Nocturne.
Dash attack: Lunge. Demi-Fiend would charge at his opponent with the starting physical attack Lunge players receive in the beginning Nocturne.

Tilt Attacks:
Forward Tilt: Iron Claw. Demi-Fiend would uitlize the claw skill Iron Claw against his foe.
Up Tilt: Demi-Fiend swings his energy-blade from Nocturne in an overhead angle. Think of something similar to Link's Up Tilt.
Down Tilt: Fire Breath. Demi-Fiend breaths fire at his opponents. This attack can be continued up to five times if the player taps A repeatedly.

Aeiral Attacks:
Neutral Aerials: Bolt-Storm. Demi-Fiend creates a field of lighting around him, shocking any opponents near him.
Forward Aerial: Evil Gaze. Demi-Fiend uses the skill Evil Gaze as his forward aerial against opponents. Very useful when trying to sends opponents off the stage.
Back Aerial: Megido Blast. Demi-Fiend fires a Megido spell backwards at his opponents.
Up Aerial: Wind Cutter. Demi-Fiend uitilizes the Zan spell Wind Cutter as up aerial against his opponents.
Down Aerial: Javelin Rain. Demi-Fiend fires several Javelin Rain blasts downwards towards his enemies.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Deadly Fury. The Deadly Fury skill is a multi-hit forward Smash attacks meant to pummel foes into oblivion.
Up Smash: Xeros Beat. Demi-Fiend fires the skill Xeros Beat upwards at opponents above.
Down Smash: Chaos Blade. Demi-Field brandishes his beam-sword for the devastating Chaos Blade, which engulfs opponents in flames like Simon's Holy Water move.

Speicals:
Standard B Special: Pixie-Dia. Demi-Fiend summons Pixie to use the Dia spell, which heals 10% of damage done to him.
Side B Special: Mothman-Stun Claw. Demi-Fiend summons Mothman for the skill Stun Claw, which stuns opponents when hit, like Zero Suit Samus's Standard B.
Up B Special: Liftoma. Demi-Fiend uses the Liftoma assist skill from Nocturne to fly upwards to saftey.
Down B Special: Gaia Rage. Demi-Fiend uses the Gaia Rage skill as a chargable AOE attack.

Final Smash: Freikugel. Demi-Fiend's strongest attack. This move covers the entirety of a floating stage like Battlefield, and anyone unfortunate to be caught in it's path will be instantly killed.

Grabs:
Pummel: Demi-Fiend punches the opponent in the face. Just like he did to God.
Forward Throw: Demi-Fiend electrocutes his opponent, then kicks them forward.
Back Throw: Demi-Fiend uses the skill Mana-Drain, and then throw the opponent behind him.
Up Throw: Demi-Fiend throws the opponent sky high, and blasts them with a Megido.
Down Throw: Demi-Fiend claspes his hands together, and hits his foe so hard, they bounce off the ground. So basically Ike's up air, but instead downwards.

Idle Animation: Demi-Fiend will crack his knuckles in anticipation for a fight.
Taunt #1: Provoke. Demi-Fiend will provoke the opponent, beckoning for a fight.
Taunt #2: Show of Power. Demi-Fiend channels his power through his body, similar to Mewtwo's taunt.
Taunt #3: Beckon Call. Demi-Fiend summons Pixie with a snap of his fingers.

Whew. As much as I like making movesets, they sure do give me a headache after I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Today on "Stuff Fandoms Say..."
That really hurts because I DO want Samurai Goroh, but that argument is dumb, so it's just gonna turn people off from Goroh.
I think this only has to do with Black Shadow not being in Assist Trophy Hell. I remember the demand for a second F-Zero racer focusing more on Goroh before he was announced as an assist in Brawl.
I also feel like Goroh support would have dropped off once Echoes were announced because people realized F-Zero getting an Echo was far more likely and Goroh isn't an Echo.
90's Cartoon character that went on video-game themed adventures with a bunch of bootleg NES characters.

And when I say bootleg, I mean seriously bootlegged.
What are you talking about? Their Alucard is ripped straight from Symphony of the Night!

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
This brings to mind a thought I had.

They could use a design similar to "Bowsette" as the look for Bowser's wife, and explain that she left Bowser which is part of the reason why he goes after Peach (beyond the political stuff): because Peach looks like his ex-wife.

The tragic-est backstory.

No, this is not a serious idea. XD
Nice head-canon you got there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You can't just retcon DK and Kirby out of the original 8.

Or add Captain Falcon.

Or make it 7 characters.
Yeah I should go fix that.

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that all out. I guess my mind was in the "original 12" and I forgot which ones were unlockable and which ones weren't.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah I should go fix that.

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that all out. I guess my mind was in the "original 12" and I forgot which ones were unlockable and which ones weren't.
You mean you don't have the list of characters from Smash 64 and who was unlockable memorized?

FOR SHAME! /s

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, I got a question on that sexuality thing that could potentially start a debate, but I'm genuinely curious: Is there any hormonal and genetic proof that the other sexualites and identities sans Homo and Heteto exist?

And how would fluid ones work? Would they have mote of an imbalance in favor of one or the other? But then if It's variable and switches often, how can you truly measure how much of that thing that they are? It's not unreasonable to think that a preference for guys or gals in fluid people is just the straight or gay genetics causing an imbalance in favor of one or the other and/or constantly switching, thus kind of proving it's existence, but not in the way we'd hope since it is naturally feeding off of two preexisting ones. Think "intersex" for what I'm getting at here, since that's technically not considered its own gender, I've heard?

If this is deemed to divisive or derailing, I'll delete it from here and move it to the social boards, which is the NintenZone, right? Or am I wrong in thinking that?
I'm definitely not qualified to speak about this at all, but I'm pretty sure that bisexuality and asexuality are both real things at the very least. Not that I know of any scientific proof from the top of my head, and I'm hetero myself so...

Also, sexuality and gender identity are actually two seperate things.
You mean you don't have the list of characters from Smash 64 and who was unlockable memorized?

FOR SHAME! /s
I've actually never even played Smash 64. Or Melee.

But I still do have it memorized generally. I have no real excuses for goofing up except that maybe work had fried my brain.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm definitely not qualified to speak about this at all, but I'm pretty sure that bisexuality and asexuality are both real things at the very least. Not that I know of any scientific proof from the top of my head, and I'm hetero myself so...

I've actually never even played Smash 64. Or Melee.

But I atill do have it memorized generally. I have no real excuses for goofing up except that maybe work had fried my brain.
I haven't played Smash 64 either (though I have played Melee).

osby

Smash Obsessed
I played the original when I was 8 at a friend's house. I **** you not, I thought Kirby was a Pokemon...
The characters I recognised when I played the Smash first time: :bowser2::metaknight::dedede::sonic::rob::pt::dk2::pikachu2::lucario::kirby2::yoshi2::jigglypuff::peach::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle::mario2::luigi2:

I started to play not too long but it's still impressive how little I knew.

KMDP

Smash Legend
On this thread? I know I said it on GameFaqs. I can't keep track of this stuff... :yoshi:
It might have been this thread or the NintenZone thread. We talked about stupid misconceptions we had about Smash (or the characters) when we were young.

Mine was that I thought Special Moves were inherently superior to basic attacks, so that is what you should use always.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I played the original when I was 8 at a friend's house. I **** you not, I thought Kirby was a Pokemon...
I thought Ness was a Pokémon Trainer, my child mind wasn't really bothered by him using PSI, because it was so obviously Red, so who cares why he does it :p

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It might have been this thread or the NintenZone thread. We talked about stupid misconceptions we had about Smash (or the characters) when we were young.

Mine was that I thought Special Moves were inherently superior to basic attacks, so that is what you should use always.
I still think like that, tbh.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The characters I recognised when I played the Smash first time: :bowser2::metaknight::dedede::sonic::rob::pt::dk2::pikachu2::lucario::kirby2::yoshi2::jigglypuff::peach::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle::mario2::luigi2:

Almost forgot, my dumb *** couldn't comprehend Zelda disguises herself as Sheik, so I just thought she switches place with a random ninja dude.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I thought she was a robot...
I've seen fan-art that seems to think Samus is a robot, within the past month or so.

I can't remember the details of who she was fighting, but I do remember that Samus had had her arm torn off at the bicep, and there was wiring and stuff, but no blood.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Rest in peace. Atleast he's now playing Smash in heaven

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538

So, who I knew (remember I was 10 when Sm4sh came out): :4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4metaknight::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::rosalina::4sonic::4villager::4wario::4wiifit::4yoshi::4greninja::4mewtwo::4diddy:
Wow. Honestly, when I first played the game, I was fascinated at who all these other characters were and what they could do. It made my first experience with this game so much better, and a part of me is sad that I’ll know everyone who’s in Ultimate.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Geez, that's disheartening. The guy looked so happy and energetic a few days ago. I'm glad he was able to get the chance to play Ultimate before he passed away though.

D

Deleted member

Gender-bending that's literally just "this character but with HUGE bazoonkers and skimpy clothing" is bad but Peachowser(or Bowsette, if you don't know how the naming works) was literally just goth Peach in the original fanart and all the differences to Bowser were justified by the way the crown works but obviously that led to a falling snowball of NSFW fanart as all things do. not that I'm one to complain
My point is that it wasn't just a single step, Peachowser wasn't initially designed as "sexy female Bowser"

Anyways, here's something fun to consider: we still have 11 unrevealed fighters, HOWEVER, Incineroar is the only unique one among them, all the others are Echo Fighters.
Who are them and would you be okay with it?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Peachowser(or Bowsette, if you don't know how the naming works)
It's literally just "Princess ______" in Japanese, too. So, Princess Bowser (Koopa-Hime) in this case.
Uh... just a fun fact. The naming is interesting. And yeah, it should be Peachser or Peachowser or something haha.

Peach in the original fanart and all the differences to Bowser were justified by the way the crown works but obviously that led to a falling snowball of NSFW fanart as all things do.
Indeed, but I feel like it was accelerated by the concept itself. I mean, the original comic actually had a design similar to whatever is the most popular one, the blonde one. (Not the one with the red hair or whatever), and it was Bowser turning into Princess Bowseacher and flaunting around with Mario to get back at Peach, right? Haha

There was another comic which kinda shuttled it waaaaay more into rule 34 territory. I think it was the one where Bowser used a double cherry and gave his double the crown... haha.

My point is that it wasn't just a single step, Peachowser wasn't initially designed as "sexy female Bowser"
I honestly personally think it's an interesting concept to play around with (the super crown power up). People just went overboard with Bowser and because it's popular internet thing #400000 and "sexy" people hate it. And that's fine.
I think I've seen some cosplays of it already that were impressive though.

Aaaaand this was me being on Smashboards at my internship 30 minutes after I wake up to talk my perspective about an internet meme in the wrong thread. :4pacman: Don't take me seriously. I actually don't mind the super crown fanart but I get why people would dislike Princess Koopeach-hime so much.

Frankly, my boi's normal attacks overall outclass his specials...
His dair is my second favorite dair after Ganondorf's tbh

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Anyways, here's something fun to consider: we still have 11 unrevealed fighters, HOWEVER, Incineroar is the only unique one among them, all the others are Echo Fighters.
Who are them and would you be okay with it?
Well, if this includes Tails as Sonic's echo, then we're still good. I'm also really hard on the Twili-Midna-as-a-Zelda-echo train, since the more I think about it, the better of an idea it is.

For the other eight, it can be whoever.

Sadness about no Dovahkiin...hope for DLC then...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm glad he was able to play before he passed.
:(

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Do you think we will get a new demo? From what I remember Smash WiiU/3ds didn't get a new demo until very close to release and it was only at a Toys R Us in Japan. I hope we do get one, I need to see if Diddy still has the pink alt.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Do you think we will get a new demo? From what I remember Smash WiiU/3ds didn't get a new demo until very close to release and it was only at a Toys R Us in Japan. I hope we do get one, I need to see if Diddy still has the pink alt.
If we were to get a new demo, it would almost certainly be announced during the last Direct and we'd know all the characters anyway, so the Dixie Kong check would be wholly unnecessary.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
RIP. Even if he will never know the rest of the game, he enjoyed with his friends, and that's what matters. Plenty of folks here could learn from his positivity in the face of an imminent end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom