• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyways, here's something fun to consider: we still have 11 unrevealed fighters, HOWEVER, Incineroar is the only unique one among them, all the others are Echo Fighters.
Who are them and would you be okay with it?
:ultcloud: - Zack Fair
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow
:ultrobin - Celica
:ultsheik: - Impa
:ultinkling: - Octoling
:ultshulk: - Malos
:ultyoshi: - Boshi
:ultpalutena: - Medusa
:ultdk: - Funky Kong
:ultryu: - Ken (duh)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Gender-bending that's literally just "this character but with HUGE bazoonkers and skimpy clothing" is bad but Peachowser(or Bowsette, if you don't know how the naming works) was literally just goth Peach in the original fanart and all the differences to Bowser were justified by the way the crown works but obviously that led to a falling snowball of NSFW fanart as all things do. not that I'm one to complain
My point is that it wasn't just a single step, Peachowser wasn't initially designed as "sexy female Bowser"

Anyways, here's something fun to consider: we still have 11 unrevealed fighters, HOWEVER, Incineroar is the only unique one among them, all the others are Echo Fighters.
:ultsheik: = Impa
:ultzelda: = Hilda
:ultbayonetta: = Jeanne
:ultsonic: = Shadow
:ultdk: = Funky Kong
:ultryu: = Ken
:ultshulk: = Malos
:ultpalutena: = Medusa
:ultinkling: = Octolings
:ultolimar: = Since alph is out I guess Louie
:ultyoshi: = Birdo

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
:ultfox:: James McCloud
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultsheik:: Impa
:ultmetaknight:: Galacta Knight
:ultdiddy:: Dixie Kong
:ultsonic:: Shadow
:ultmegaman:: Proto Man
:ultryu:: Ken
:ultinkling:: Octoling

If this were hypothetically the roster, I would have rather some of the resources used to make these echo fighters would go to 1 or 2 more unique fighters. I would be fine with just Ken and Shadow, and I would prefer Dixie be a semi-clone.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I know it's extremely unlikely, but how would you guys feel if Valkyria Chronicles had some representation in Smash? I think an Assist Trophy would probably work best in this case, but I feel that Selvaria or Alicia would be pretty awesome to see; Selvaria primarily in her Valkyria form launching a devastating laser attack, while Alicia could toss out some Ragnite Grenades and/or use a Ragnaid on the person who summoned her. I'm curious as to what you guys would think. :)

(Also thinking about starting Valkyria Chronicles 4 now since my copy arrived at my doorstep not long ago)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Listens to all your troubles while feeding you cookies :3
Mmm.... so he makes you obese and incapable of fighting?

This crown is gonna become an illegal drug due to Peach getting jealous of all the women becoming more attractive than her
What the hell does this mean? The entire kingdom is hooked on making Peach jealous?
1 - Meowth
2 - Meowth & Arbok & Weezing
3 - Meowth & Ekans & Koffing
4 - Alolan Meowth
5 - Meowth & Arbok & Weezing & Wobbuffet
C'mon dude... number five is clearly number one. If a Team Rocket gets in, its gonna have Wobuffet.

D

Deleted member

I know it's extremely unlikely, but how would you guys feel if Valkyria Chronicles had some representation in Smash? I think an Assist Trophy would probably work best in this case, but I feel that Selvaria or Alicia would be pretty awesome to see; Selvaria primarily in her Valkyria form launching a devastating laser attack, while Alicia could toss out some Ragnite Grenades and/or use a Ragnaid on the person who summoned her. I'm curious as to what you guys would think. :)

(Also thinking about starting Valkyria Chronicles 4 now since my copy arrived at my doorstep not long ago)
I have yet to finish the first game but I already love it. My idea for it would be having Welkin using the various weapons and equipments from the playable classes and Alicia would be his Echo.
The moveset writes itself and if guns are a problem, you still have the Lance to work with and anything Ragnaid related(alongside giving them some explosives like Snake).
You could also work Orders in somewhere in their moveset.
Final Smash would be a repurposed Landmaster.

I'd love to see it at least get recognized somehow ingame, though I doubt it(isn't VC4 the first one in a Nintendo console?)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At this point, seeing as I'm already satisfied with the currently revealed roster, I definitely wouldn't mind it if all they had left to reveal were echo fighters. lol

If I had to choose 10, though:
1. :ultdiddy:Dixie Kong
2. :ultsheik: Impa
3. :ultzelda: Hilda
4. :ultpalutena: Medusa
5. :ultike: Black Knight
6. :ultsonic: Shadow
7. :ultryu: Akuma (yes, I'd rather have him over Ken, although Ken is still a solid choice)
8. :ultbowser:Dry Bowser
9. :ultbayonetta: Jeanne
10. :ultrobin Grima

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm legitimately a little upset by the lack of love Impa usually gets on these forums.
And on the flipside, am so happy that when poised with the task of making echoes, Impa makes so many lists.

Now... EDIT:
Alrighty... so where can I buy the best memory card for the Switch?
Defining best, for me: Highest memory, at not an insane cost.
I have a lot of games and am constantly rearchiving old games. I cant keep doing it.
I wish when I bought a physical version I was given a code that allowed that version to be replaced for a minor fee, or that they came with online codes.
I cannot stand having to download each game as I want to play it just because the memory bank is microscopic.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm legitimately a little upset by the lack of love Impa usually gets on these forums.
And on the flipside, am so happy that when poised with the task of making echoes, Impa makes so many lists.

Now... EDIT:
I have a lot of games and am constantly rearchiving old games. I cant keep doing it.
I wish when I bought a physical version I was given a code that allowed that version to be replaced for a minor fee, or that they came with online codes.
I cannot stand having to download each game as I want to play it just because the memory bank is microscopic.
Best Buy or anywhere electronics are sold, as any Mirco SD WILL WORK with the console :)

D

Deleted member

Now... EDIT:
that's because Impa should have had Sheik's moveset a long time ago

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Now... EDIT:
I had no idea what you meant by memory card until I realized "oh **** he meant micro SD cards". I think the highest that Sandisk sells are 200 GB for like 50 bucks? That's the cheapest I can imagine for legitimate storage. A lot of places are advertising these super high amounts of data for small prices, and they're probably scams. If you want the biggest amount, I think that's where you gotta start.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tough question.. but here goes.

:ultdiddy:- Dixie Kong
:ultdk:- Funky Kong
:ultike:- Black Knight Zelgius
:ultsheik:- Impa
:ultness:- Ninten
:4charizard:- Mega Charizard X
:ultfalco:- Slippy Toad
:ultmetaknight:- Galactia Knight (technically deconfirmed but still)
:ultsnake:- Big Boss
:ultpalutena:- Medusa

This couldn't be more true. Advocated this from the beginning. It was even called "Impa propaganda" around these parts back then. :laugh: Good times!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yes... I was hopeful that Impa might replace Sheik when Sm4sh separated characters. Instead, we were stuck with Fish Sheik.
I had no idea what you meant by memory card until I realized "oh **** he meant micro SD cards". I think the highest that Sandisk sells are 200 GB for like 50 bucks? That's the cheapest I can imagine for legitimate storage. A lot of places are advertising these super high amounts of data for small prices, and they're probably scams. If you want the biggest amount, I think that's where you gotta start.
Best Buy or anywhere electronics are sold, as any Mirco SD WILL WORK with the console :)
Is that the best price available, that anyone has found? I do mean legitimate ones, as illegitimate ones (as in, they dont yes exist) 2T ones are available for cheap online. And I dont want to research the legitimacy of a product anytime soon, hence why I'm stuck with my 64gb SD card.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is that the best price available, that anyone has found? I do mean legitimate ones, as illegitimate ones (as in, they dont yes exist) 2T ones are available for cheap online.
That's what I mean by scam, unless they're near 100 bucks it's probably something to bamboozle you with. I think the Switch only takes MicroSDs as well, but I could be wrong.

And I dont want to research the legitimacy of a product anytime soon, hence why I'm stuck with my 64gb SD card.
200 GB Sandisk is where I'd start. Cheapest in terms of the start of big storage and most legitimate to not take away your cash money.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
The whole thing I don't understand about the "bowsette" meme is that from the looks of it, Toadette literally just turns into Peach (or looks just like her, at least from the wiki). So where did this meme of the original character looking kinda like themselves, and kinda like Peach come from?

WaxPython

Smash Ace
the sheer magnitude of what Majora can do-- pull the moon down from its ****ing orbit-- trumps Ganon's raw power.
That wasn't the real moon it's much too small though. The villagers even acknowledge that, Skull Kid made Termina.

Isn't it confirmed Link died after falling into the pit? Ocarina Link is that Hyrule knight ghost other Link fights in TP. Or is that another timeline? Man the Zelda timeline is confusing

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The whole thing I don't understand about the "bowsette" meme is that from the looks of it, Toadette literally just turns into Peach (or looks just like her, at least from the wiki). So where did this meme of the original character looking kinda like themselves, and kinda like Peach come from?
Someone's willy said "dude peach with horns" and it suddenly spread like wildfire.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I’ll take the 10 echo challenge

Hilda - Zelda
Impa - Sheik
Dixie - Diddy
funky - Donkey
James McCloud (F Zero) - Fox
Ken - Ryu
Metal Sonic - Sonic
Dr Crygor - Wario
Medusa - Palutena
Black Knight - Ike

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That wasn't the real moon it's much too small though.
Things don't have to be equal to real-world equivalents. It's ****ing fiction. The Mario Moon is much smaller and has already been dunked before.

image.gif

It's also been said that the moon is literally just some chick in Mario Party 6. DK's a woman beater, I guess.

The villagers even acknowledge that, Skull Kid made Termina.
No he didn't, where'd you pull that from?

Isn't it confirmed Link died after falling into the pit?
No.

Ocarina Link is that Hyrule knight ghost other Link fights in TP. Or is that another timeline? Man the Zelda timeline is confusing
That's because Link didn't die in Majora. He grew up, became an adult, died, then just kinda taught his descendants in a spooky way.

Man the Zelda timeline is confusing
Ocarina is the precursor that splits the timeline in three pieces. Ocarina Link lives in the Child and becomes whatever he does in TP, doesn't exist at all in Adult because Zelda sent him back, and just dropped dead in Fallen.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Has anyone seen this smash franchise representation chart?

Kudos to the creator, but I dont personally see much in the chart. The dots are helpful, but the placement of the icons and the size seem irrelevant, so its not as helpful as I would have a chart to be.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
KK Slider wouldn't work as Isabelle Echo. He needs to use music instruments in his moveset. He's best known for playing music.
So is Sheik- and her harp never sees the game, not even in a taunt.
Regardless, I don't see how Isabelle's moveset couldn't be some altered animations.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Anways, here's something fun to consider: we still have 11 unrevealed fighters, HOWEVER, Incineroar is the only unique one among them, all the others are Echo Fighters.
I'm okay with it! We have such a strong roster now and I actually am psyched for Incineroar.

Some of these may not be perfect, but I'm dreaming a little bit here.

1. Sakura (Ryu) OR Dan Hibiki (Ryu)
2. Jeanne (Bayonetta)
3. The Boss (Snake)
4. Celica (Robin)
5. Roll (Mega Man)
6. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon/Ganondorf)
7. Ninten (Ness/Lucas)
8. Dr. Eggman (Bowser Jr.)
9. Medusa (Palutena)
10. Mike Tyson Doc Louis (Little Mac)

Several of these I would prefer as semi-clones or uniques, but, y'know, dream big and take what you can get.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Shadow
Black Knight
Black Shadow
Dark Meta Knight
Shadow Knight
Dark Shadow
Meta Black Knight
Dark Black
Black Black
Dark Black Shadow Knight

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Shadow
Black Knight
Black Shadow
Dark Meta Knight
Shadow Knight
Dark Shadow
Meta Black Knight
Dark Black
Black Black
Dark Black Shadow Knight
This list does not have Dark Black Knight.
What the hell?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Best thing is that you’re not wrong (plus she’d be loyal)
Funny you should mention that...
Forgive me, I couldn't resist.
Has anyone seen this smash franchise representation chart?

Kudos to the creator, but I dont personally see much in the chart. The dots are helpful, but the placement of the icons and the size seem irrelevant, so its not as helpful as I would have a chart to be.
It's still a quite impressive chart though, so props to the person who made it, and may it only get bigger from here.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Assuming they don't all have to be realistic picks:

- Ike -> Black Knight
- Captain Falcon -> Black Shadow and/or Blood Falcon
- Sheik -> Impa
- Zelda -> Hilda
- Snake -> Big Boss
- Robin -> Celica
- Ryu -> Ken
- Inkling -> Octoling
- Lucario -> Goku (I dunno if this even makes sense, but apparently they have the same voice actor, and I just want salt, so good enough for me)
- Robin -> Imperial with Runemaster subclass from EO4 (hey, I don't think there's anything explicitly saying a character can only have one echo, and that the echo has to be from the same series, so give me one good reason why this can't happen. What's that? No reason at all? Of course not. So this is obviously 100% confirmed to happen.)

I wouldn't complain in any situation; the roster didn't cut any FE characters, so I'm quite satisfied since I went in expecting at least Lucina and possibly Roy to get dropped, and didn't have any major wants (outside of Phoenix Wright, who I always figured to be a longshot anyway).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultmarth: - Alm
:ultroy: - Eliwood
:ultchrom: - Seliph
:ultlucina: - Lyn
:ultmarth: - Sigurd
:ultroy: - Leif
:ultlucina: - Eirika
:ultchrom: - Runan
:ultmarth: - Rowan
:ultlucina: - Lianna

Did I do it right?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
:ultsonic: = Metal Sonic
:ultcloud: = Zack Fair
:ultdk: = Funky Kong
:ultdiddy: = Dixie Kong
:ultfox: = Panther Caruso
:ultpikachu: = Raichu
:ultmewtwo: = Giygas
:ultinkling: = Octoling
:ultness: = Ninten
:ultsheik: = Impa

I'd say this is pretty succinct. Nobody would expect Panther or Metal Sonic, and it's also a good way to round out DK's playable reps.
Funky Kong and Metal Sonic? You are a man of taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom