• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It's not exactly a fair question to begin with as it assumes that a playable character AND other content is mutually exclusive. I despise that mindset and it belongs more on those GameFaqs threads than here.

Plus, as I've said before, the Mario/Yoshi series association can work both ways. If the obviously SMW inspired Yoshi's Island Melee stage can be considered a "Yoshi stage," then it work for Boshi as well
Its not a fair question because is hardly a question, but rather a mental excercise I'm asking a question that simply will never happen. you will never be forced to choose in reality, and no Yoshi rep will ever be on that situation... but by chosing, you kinda are determining what is really more valuable to you.

I'm asking because im really curious of which yoshi franchise characters are really that charming and amazing that you would be willing to do such sacrifices to get them. instead of just "heh, would be cool if it happened" mostly because personally I can't see them, but i'm not really invested on teh franchise, so my view is certainly limited.

Mostly, because i'm of the idea that yoshi franchise (a franchise that i consider active and alive, and not exactly equal to mario) is better represented only by yoshi, and satges, music and other stuff, rather than other playable characters, and as I understand, you aren't of that idea. thats also why i was excluding Boshi and Birdo, cause there is nothing to link them to Yoshi as a franchise (inetsead of say poochy who is essentially a yoshi character and NOT a mario character, or baby mario, which can be linked strongly to the franchise even if it nowadays maight be a mario character.)

Again this character needs to be a character than you are willing to make sacrifice of yoshi stuff you love, if you say... kill a dumb yoshi track you hate would hardly give me an answer XD.

So... who is the really wortyh Yoshi character? again, i ask mostly out of curiosity about your outlook i don't particulary share :p

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Merely entertaining the thought of what Kirby would look like after he has copied Steve hurts me.
Oh lord. I can't even imagine it without turning Kirby into a cube.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we're getting a Smash Ballot, I'm voting Banjo-Kazooie and Skull Kid.

and Sans and Steve

edit: WHOOPS forgot to put Geno there. Definitely voting for him as well.

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
...I'm curious as to what Banjo's neutral b would be. If it's a Kazooie based move it sounds like it'd be a pain to give to kirby.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
At the end of the day, whether you like her or not, Isabelle is in the game. Being bitter and angry about it isn't going to get you anywhere.
Animal Crossing is a very big franchise for Nintendo, and Isabelle is a very important character in that franchise nowadays.

Nobody "deserves" a spot more than anyone else. Everyone has their own opinion on who they'd like to see in the game, but character preferences are entirely subjective.
Solid advice friend! :)
(but me thinks my Ashley falls outside of that rule ;) )
Shouldn't they be fighters 71, 72 and 73?

Also if rumors are to be true. Marx is a boss.
Yeah... But this old pre 8/8 direct speculation art hehe.

I'm counting on Marx or Magolor being bosses too. I prefer Bandana Dee or Adeleine & Ribbon as the Kirby newcomers (^ ^)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If he's a boss, I'm forcing a ton of Skull Kid votes into that ballot.

I'd probably do that anyway He makes no sense as a boss imo.
What about Majora though? I can imagine you first fight Skull Kid wearing the mask and after defeating him he's freed and you soon then fight Majora and its forms.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
A second ballot would be interesting. I feel like it could turn into an election out of the big bases that don't get their character in the base game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What about Majora though? I can imagine you first fight Skull Kid wearing the mask and after defeating him he's freed and you soon then fight Majora and its forms.
I honestly think that would be sorta cool, but it'd bring down all the Skull Kid fans who want to play as him (including me), so I hope they choose one of the many other Zelda bosses.

edit: I mean, in MM you never fight Skull Kid, though he's clearly capable of fighting...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah... But this old pre 8/8 direct speculation art hehe.

I'm counting on Marx or Magolor being bosses too. I prefer Bandana Dee or Adeleine & Ribbon as the Kirby newcomers (^ ^)
Ah okay I really should had figured that having been the case but didn't apparently. Embarrass

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Speaking of Smash Ballot. If a second one does get made. Who do you think will rank up there? We already know Waluigi and Ashley are a given.
Anyone who does not make the roster basically. So I can see the following hitting pretty high on the list:

Ashley, Waluigi, Bandanna Dee, Banjo, Crash, Isaac, Medusa, Impa, Skull Kid, Dixie Kong for a start

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of Smash Ballot. If a second one does get made. Who do you think will rank up there? We already know Waluigi and Ashley are a given.
With me wiping out half the world, Viridi will be ranked very high...and so will Lara Croft, Scorpion, and Clementine...followed by Captain Toad/Toadette, Peachette, Bowsette, Lawful, and Amy

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Its not a fair question because is hardly a question, but rather a mental excercise I'm asking a question that simply will never happen. you will never be forced to choose in reality, and no Yoshi rep will ever be on that situation... but by chosing, you kinda are determining what is really more valuable to you.

I'm asking because im really curious of which yoshi franchise characters are really that charming and amazing that you would be willing to do such sacrifices to get them. instead of just "heh, would be cool if it happened" mostly because personally I can't see them, but i'm not really invested on teh franchise, so my view is certainly limited.

Mostly, because i'm of the idea that yoshi franchise (a franchise that i consider active and alive, and not exactly equal to mario) is better represented only by yoshi, and satges, music and other stuff, rather than other playable characters, and as I understand, you aren't of that idea. thats also why i was excluding Boshi and Birdo, cause there is nothing to link them to Yoshi as a franchise (inetsead of say poochy who is essentially a yoshi character and NOT a mario character, or baby mario, which can be linked strongly to the franchise even if it nowadays maight be a mario character.)

Again this character needs to be a character than you are willing to make sacrifice of yoshi stuff you love, if you say... kill a dumb yoshi track you hate would hardly give me an answer XD.

So... who is the really wortyh Yoshi character? again, i ask mostly out of curiosity about your outlook i don't particulary share :p
I don't think a "mental exercise" quite encapsulates the situation with my boi's series. It's not just the potential playable characters that gets shafted. It's the general outlook (one that you share I might add) that it's not worth repping due to the association with the Mario series. He ALSO lacks the items, the ATs, the music along with the characters. Sure he may have a lot of stages, but there's no variety and they're just the opening levels. This is unacceptable and it's very condescending to tell me that "Oh, well I don't see what characters would excite me, so just accept it."

It's frustrating. I'm not gonna go through with this exercise...

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Here's my take on the Ken leak, if it were to be true, then Vergeben will pretty much be this era's equivalent of Gematsu, A rumor that got lots things right, but gets some things wrong.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Anyone who does not make the roster basically. So I can see the following hitting pretty high on the list:

Ashley, Waluigi, Bandanna Dee, Banjo, Crash, Isaac, Medusa, Impa, Skull Kid, Dixie Kong for a start
I feel like people are starting to sleep on Bomberman...

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
I hope they would give us specifics on ballot 2 like settling the "Would they promote assist trophies for dlc" issue.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like people are starting to sleep on Bomberman...
You mean the Bomberman that nearly nobody likes and has less of a chance in getting in then the iconic and already deconfirmed Bomberman?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Indeed. At this point I'm convinced he and Black Knight are going to be bosses unfortunately.
I don't see that happening, really. Smash tends to stick with bigger, meaner monsters as bosses, so I can't really imagine them using a human-sized character unless they have a mech like Porky or something. Fighting Skull Kid as Ganondorf or Mewtwo wouldn't feel that intimidating, but fighting an upsized Majora's Wrath still would. It's the same reason I think DKC bosses tend to be so large, since they've got to feel threatening compared to a big, mean ol' gorilla.

Likewise, I imagine that if we get any Fire Emblem boss, it's more likely to be something more along the lines of the Shadow Dragon. If they decide to do something other then a dragon, then I expect Fomortiis or a Stoneborn. But most likely we won't be getting an FE boss at all, since we've already got a ton of playable characters and they don't seem to like adding FE content aside from that. I mean, this is our 5th game and we're just now getting a Killing Edge item, and Lyn still seems to be our only assist trophy. Have Sigurd show up and ride around on his horse or something!

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Surprised that every time DLC is mentioned for Smash Bros. Ultimate, no one brings the possibility of a second Smash Ballot.
Perhaps that is because we all know Waluigi would be the indisputable winner.
....It’s the year 202X and Sakurai announces the next SmashBoards Ballot! Who are you going to vote for?

Many fans: WaaaaaLuigi should be free!

Few Fans: Ashley is the girl from the Haunted Mansion! :skull:

Weebs: Mythra and Pyr because they are totally wifu’s for us.

90’s Fans: Why did you choose blockman and not Banjo-Koozie?? :glare:

Other Few Fans: You can’t have this series going without Isaac or even Ray... Oh yea that series was cancelled. :confused:

Indie Fans: Shantae, Shovel Knight, Hat Kid, to many to choose from!!! Everyone should just join :crazy:

Me: Just simply... De-Blob!! :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't see that happening, really. Smash tends to stick with bigger, meaner monsters as bosses, so I can't really imagine them using a human-sized character unless they have a mech like Porky or something. Fighting Skull Kid as Ganondorf or Mewtwo wouldn't feel that intimidating, but fighting an upsized Majora's Wrath still would. It's the same reason I think DKC bosses tend to be so large, since they've got to feel threatening compared to a big, mean ol' gorilla.

Likewise, I imagine that if we get any Fire Emblem boss, it's more likely to be something more along the lines of the Shadow Dragon. If they decide to do something other then a dragon, then I expect Fomortiis or a Stoneborn. But most likely we won't be getting an FE boss at all, since we've already got a ton of playable characters and they don't seem to like adding FE content aside from that. I mean, this is our 5th game and we're just now getting a Killing Edge item, and Lyn still seems to be our only assist trophy. Have Sigurd show up and ride around on his horse or something!
In the case with Black Knight they can make him in the same way as they did with Dracula who is taller and bigger then the players themselves.

As for Skull Kid. As I said you fight him first as that but after defeating him would he then be freed and you soon fight Majora and its other forms.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So... "The Red-Hot American"?

Would that work?
How about the "The Fiery Gaijin"?
Red-Hot American sounds like they'd be a fire gym leader in Kanto and a brother of Lt.Surge before they retconned the whole "America" thing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isaac, if he isn't already in.

Lyn, in the same category as Waluigi and Ashley. Captain Toad.
Tails and Shadow if either are no-shows.
Bandana Dee if he's a no-show.

Rayman, Banjo, Rex & Pyra, Elma, Phoenix Wright

There are a fair few.

If there were to be a second ballot, I'd advise people to vote for a character even if they're already Assist Trophies (unless they specifically tell you not to), you never know what enough fan demand could accomplish.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
You mean the Bomberman that nearly nobody likes and has less of a chance in getting in then the iconic and already deconfirmed Bomberman?
Surprisingly Bomberman often does better than Ashley and Waluigi on the many "which AT's do you want playable?" type polls.
He usually has the lead, but not by too much, with Ashley in 2nd and Waluigi a close 3rd behind her, with every single other AT far, far behind these 3.
It's striking how consistent this pattern remains in these kind of polls; these 3 are always the top 3 by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom