• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The last two will probably get spoiled by Verge in due time.
You know, I miss the days when official leaks were plainly shown, it's a lot more exciting than some guy saying "these guys will be in the game, now give me fame".

Then again, we never saw :ultcloud: and :ultbayonetta: coming last time, so who knows what'll happen, really.

Also, wasn't there some guy who claimed Dante was in here? I wonder how they're taking this.

Hoping for the 'sugoi desu ne' reporter :p
If that actually happens and they have her be near :ultincinceroar:, I wouldn't even be mad.

Lol, this must have been the leak that ruffled some feathers...
It was posted in late September...
Best part is, no one replied to it...
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/432868409/
The funny part is that he only got one thing wrong, he doesn't drive a car.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Peeking in after the carnage...

It's been a day and I'm still so excited about Spirits. Spirits battles are like Melee's Event mode (my favorite mode from that game) and there seem to be so many of them themed after characters I never would have expected to see in a Smash game. As a massive Elite Beat Agents for Smash fan I about teared up seeing the Ouendan. Plus characters like Kyle Hyde, Alexandra from Eternal Darkness, and Shanoa...it makes me so excited to see who else I can unlock. I hope there's an Ashley Mizuki Robbins one, and if Marina Liteyears has a Spirit I will absolutely sob my eyes out. Any acknowledgement would be good.

The Otacon Spirits fight is absolutely hilarious, too.

World of Light is mad exciting too. I can't stop watching that trailer...

Finally, I really think the lack of a Heihachi assist trophy or confirmation of his Mii outfit is mad suspicious. Would not surprise me to see him make it in as DLC.

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Hey guys I'm trying to purchase the Fighters Pass but I'm only seeing the option to buy the digital game with the pass. Is it not available or am I just bad at navigating the store?

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Alright if the 7 song thing is true DQ has nearly no possible chance of making it in unless some miracle happens.
Maybe next game.
If each fighter gets 7 songs, I doubt Steve is getting in - isn't all minecraft music super peaceful? I actually love the music in minecraft, I just struggle to see what they'd take for music to include/remix.

Banjo Kazooie getting 7 tracks would make me explode in happiness though, even though I think their chances are absurdly low now

Edit: It's several, not seven, still my points stand

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I m-mean if Sakurai could give Piranha plant a moveset maybe he could make Sugiyama cooperate, h-haha.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So if there's a second DLC wave that presumably wouldn't have been decided in 2015, what character's would be likely?

Personally I feel like Rex will be a straight up lock if there's a second wave that's not preplanned, and I don't throw around the word "lock" very often. You could tell Sakurai seemed kinda upset that he couldn't add Rex in, considering Xenoblade 2 was like his game of the decade or w/e
I'm still banking on Rex being within the 5 DLC we've already been promised.
I can get my hopes up, since I know how to handle the possibility of being disappointed in a realistic and mature way
so I might as well throw my hopes for Rex however I want.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hey guys I'm trying to purchase the Fighters Pass but I'm only seeing the option to buy the digital game with the pass. Is it not available or am I just bad at navigating the store?
I don't think it's available yet. My guess is we probably won't be able to purchase it until after the game is out

Pakky

Smash Hero
Just like Smash For, eh? :4pacman:

No, really, nothing personal but it feels weird making character predictions after PP.
No its cool.

That Rabbid Peach spirit thing has me thinking about it.

Also the Ubisoft model's topology still bugs me.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Alright if the 7 song thing is true DQ has nearly no possible chance of making it in unless some miracle happens.
>7 song per DLC
>With how much of an actual asshole the DQ composer is
Oh boy. Who's ready to jam with those 16-bits midi?

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
So apparently Katalina from Grandblue might be DLC.

This is the first time I ever heard of the game Grandblue so I definitely don't know who Katalina in.

That means we already might know 3/5
Second SE rep(possibly Geno or Sora)
Microsoft rep(Probably Steve)
Grandblue rep(Katalina)

I don't really like that list tbh :(

D

Deleted member

I'm still banking on Rex being within the 5 DLC we've already been promised.
I can get my hopes up, since I know how to handle the possibility of being disappointed in a realistic and mature way
so I might as well throw my hopes for Rex however I want.
wasn't the dlc planned in 2015 though? Rex's mii costume is concerning enough, but his mii being a season pass exclusive hurts him a lot as well.

Untouch

Smash Master
Hmm, it never says that the stages, music and characters have to all be related though.
Maybe the SE character and Minecraft stuff is in the same pack?

Yes, I am grasping for straws here, I want Slime in.

That would explain why we never saw Piranha Plant's stage...

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
wasn't the dlc planned in 2015 though? Rex's mii costume is concerning enough, but his mii being a season pass exclusive hurts him a lot as well.
Everyone has interpreted it one of two way

People say he said the DLC was planned before 20XX
People say he said the BASE ROSTER ONLY was planned before 20XX

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Rathalos gives me hope for a MH rep as DLC, but after thinking about it, a Palico would fit in smash way better than a Hunter with all their crazy moves and gadgets.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

This is the first time I ever heard of the game Grandblue so I definitely don't know who Katalina in.

Grandblue rep(Katalina)

Bethesda Rep so that's four

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't say for sure that Sora is definitely coming. Sakurai shattered our expectations with Piranha Plant and the de-confirmation of the Grinch leak, so... I think the SE character could be anyone really (except Geno. I don't think he's getting in)
Is that going to encourage people to assume everyone under the sun as the potential SE rep? There's boatloads of characters to go on from.

Even Bub the dragon could be it.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Grandblue rep(Katalina)

I'm not too thrilled about the idea of Sora or Steve, but I'd love for Katalina to be in the game

D

Deleted member

Everyone has interpreted it one of two way

People say he said the DLC was planned before 20XX
People say he said the BASE ROSTER ONLY was planned before 20XX
Either way a Xenoblade newcomer is pretty likely. I hope it's the little ****!

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Totally unrelated to w/e conversation is happening right now, but PICHU HAS A SPIKY EARED SKIN. I THOUGHT THAT WAS A PIPE-DREAM REQUEST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE THAT STUFF NEVER GETS ADDED LIKE SHINY POKEMON AND WOW I'M SO EXCITED FOR PICHU NOW

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So basically, the DLC characters could look like Katalina, Sora, Banjo/Steve, Doomguy, and Crash

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay, to expand, here's my predictions for DLC. No particular order...

1. Elma - Lack of X rep. No X music in game. Rex deconfirmed. Project plan timeline lines up. I'm gonna stay hopeful.

2. Square rep. Could be Sora. Could be Geno. Hope it's 2B. Or Crono...or Neku... But preferably 2B.

3. Travis Touchdown. I know this is wishful thinking but Travis Strikes Again was in development around the same time, yeah? Maybe Suda really did finally bother Sakurai enough.

4. Bamco rep. Heihachi most likely. Lloyd second most. KOS-MOS last.

5. Capcom. I want Phoenix Wright but I'm predicting Monster Hunter.

Any of these could be replaced with Bandana Dee and the Megaton Punch stadium or Banjo with a world as well, but I think this is a solid lineup even if it's a little wish-fulfillmenty for myself. Haha. I never claimed to be unbiased.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Do you mind asking to Vergeben if Sora is eligible as a SE rep or is he out for his link with Disney? That would be great to destroy my dreams all and for once

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Is that going to encourage people to assume everyone under the sun as the potential SE rep? There's boatloads of characters to go on from.

Even Bub the dragon could be it.
All I'm saying is that I have no clue who the SE rep could be. Maybe Sora, maybe a FF character, maybe a DQ character, maybe someone else, I don't know. I don't think it's Geno anymore though

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
You know, I’m really getting sick of how everyone seems to disregard any and all negative reactions as a “vocal minority”

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'm not even sure if there's an SE rep at all anymore. They didn't even let Cloud be in the opening trailer for World of Light!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Spawn wave hasn't straight up ever said it was Sora, he's kind of hinting at it but it hasn't straight up said.
To hint at something you need to know the identity of it for certain.

And if Square really is playing it safe. That means two things about Spawnwave.

He either got lucky and got correct information.

He has been lied to and it's not Sora.

But by the very fact Square is guarding who the rep is. I can't see how ANYONE would know who it is.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Oh dang. Got around to watching the actual match with Robin that confirmed Chrom was still in their final smash and... Levin Sword nair and much quicker movement speed. On top of the grab range buff shown off in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom