• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Funnily enough Mario and Luigi BOTH still have their Waluigi alts. Ya could've given Mario his Fire alt instead.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
The only Mario skin I use in 4 is Fire Mario, so I’m sad to see it go. However, Mario Maker and Wedding Mario are good replacements. (but why didn’t they get rid of cotton candy Mario no one uses it)

Iridium

Smash Hero
We're talking about alts? Well, I think Link's Royal Guard Uniform alt looks pretty good. It's probably tied for my favorite, along with red, of course.

Oh wait. Can't forget Dark Link too.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
We'll get one when:
-Mega Man X9 is confirmed
-Half-Life 3 is confirmed
-Home Improvement gets a reboot
-The planets align
-Teen Titans gets a new season that isn't directed by the makers of Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee
Courtesy of Smashing Ramen and Zinith:
-Mega Man Legends 3 is announced. For the Nintendo 3DS
-Golden Sun 4 is announced. Also for the Nintendo 3DS
-Yoshi gets an M-Rated game, because he says "Heck" in a Mario game. Also, tax evasion is an adult matter. Play responsibly, kids!

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
And I find it somewhat cool that Link's Hylian Shield changes colors based on the alt. Not a new change, but some of the colors have, and with the RGU-inspired alt, Sakurai even made the shield look similar to the actual one.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So I see everyone talking about who they're most excited for of the newcomers, but I was curious who you're least excited for? For me, it would be :ultkrool:, simply because I don't like his design and because I've never been a fan of the DK series. I've never really liked the games or the characters

Edit: I hope this isn't considered flaming or trolling

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I Wish Cloud had Good Alts Like his Kingdom Hearts oufit that was cool
Well, I mean, modding will inevitably be a thing for Ultimate...

So I see everyone talking about who they're most excited for of the newcomers, but I was curious who you're least excited for? For me, it would be :ultkrool:, simply because I don't like his design and because I've never been a fan of the DK series. I've never really liked the games or the characters
Tbh, I don't have any personal attachment to the newcomers this time around outside of like the Inklings and maybe Ken. Other characters like Isabelle and Richter have my attention for other reasons, but the rest are just bonuses. I haven't run into anyone "least-exciting" per se, at least not yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After seeing more gameplay, I’m least excited for Isabelle. She’s got unique moves, but in most of the gameplay I’ve seen, she just zones with fair/bair and does Villager things.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m most excited for Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, and Ken. Kind of neutral on Incineroar and the other echoes. Least excited for Isabelle. I’m still a little frustrated with the circumstances of her reveal.

I Wish Cloud had Good Alts Like his Kingdom Hearts oufit that was cool
I wish Snake could use any of his alts from any other MGS game. He has a different costume in each one. And we only get the one from MGS2. So frustrating.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I guess :ultdaisy:, mainly because I recently just couldn't stand her for almost obvious reasons. But that third eye...

That made me reconsider my life decisions when I first saw it. Thank you, Melee.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Daisy. I don't even dislike her but she's just... there? I'm not fond of Ridley or K.Rool either, but at least their inclusion was something big (end of Ridleyboards and such).

Can Sonic have some good alts instead of shades of blue and black
Nope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess :ultdaisy:, mainly because I recently just couldn't stand her for almost obvious reasons. But that third eye...

That made me reconsider my life decisions when I first saw it. Thank you, Melee.
Daisy’s Final Smash should’ve been a laser beam shot from her third eye.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
:ultdaisy:Don't like playing as or against Peach, so she'd be the same.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I'm least excited for Daisy, I usually prefer Peach over her, but then I don't like Peach's Smash moveset, so I don't really think I'll ever play Daisy other than for completion's sake.

As far as unique newcomers go, probably Incineroar. His moveset looks alright, but I really don't like his design, so it's unlikely I'll ever do anything more than mess around with him in FFAs. It speaks as to how well they picked newcomers this time that he's my least favorite of them though, I don't actually dislike his inclusion or anything, and neither is that the case with Daisy for that matter, they just don't really excite me.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

What are the obvious reasons for not liking Daisy? I know a lot of people don't really like her, but I don't really understand why. Is she obnoxious to some people? (I'm very excited for Daisy. I like her more than Peach and have wanted her in since Melee)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
From the back of her head, so she has to "miss" to get it.

Seriously though, how did that even manage to get in the game?
Since it was behind her hair, they didn't think they had to fix the texture mapping.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I gotta agree with you, and say :ultkrool:. I'm happy for his fans, but I just don't really like him... And his "In your face" fanbase makes me like him even less

EDIT: No harm intended, just some of my simple thoughts posted as nicley as possible

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What are the obvious reasons for not liking Daisy? I know a lot of people don't really like her, but I don't really understand why. Is she obnoxious to some people? (I'm very excited for Daisy. I like her more than Peach and have wanted her in since Melee)
Daisy was/is Very very veeeery loud in some games and that can get annoying. Shes a tomboy and all but even tomboys know not to scream everything they say

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Her voice is annoying, her design is too derivative for no reason, she adds pretty much nothing to the Mario lore and her personality is one-note. She's cute, though.

D

Deleted member

From the back of her head, so she has to "miss" to get it.

Seriously though, how did that even manage to get in the game?
With how rushed Melee was it’s likely that they just didn’t notice. Later versions of the game fixed it IIRC.

Iridium

Smash Hero
They don't all apply to me, but the big one's definitely in her voice, and her overly competitive nature (to a lower extent). It may take a while for me to turn around for her, because she used to be one of my favorites, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I gotta agree with you, and say :ultkrool:. I'm happy for his fans, but I just don't really like him... And his "In your face" fanbase makes me like him even less

EDIT: No harm intended, just some of my simple thoughts posted as nicley as possible
I get it, his fanbase can be very in your face, my distaste for character aside.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

:ultchrom: good for him that he finally got his chance, but I'm going to use him once for Classic Mode and that'll be that. Or unless I'm forced to use him in Smashdown.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Her voice is annoying, her design is too derivative for no reason, she adds pretty much nothing to the Mario lore and her personality is one-note. She's cute, though.
I think that's why I like her so much, because she's cute. Cute characters really draw me in, no matter how annoying their personalities may be

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom