• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

COEY

Smash Lord
if not maybe just fit in a quick london vs oot london crew match or something? :s

is it usually just one bracket for singles with no pools? i personally dont think pools makes things take longer, i like them as they are much easier to keep an eye on. just curious cause having pools may result in it taking longer already, but at the level london is at now you are going to need pools to get an clear sort of result.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just another reason to add on the list of why brawl sucks :)

I tihnk pools overall does result in things taking longer BUT it also results in people getting more games.

Alot of people in the past from what I have heard have been put off with two tournament sets and then they are out the tournament :ohwell:

Which is why pools is a better idea imo and for VARIOUS other reasons lol.

VA

Smash Hero
I agree pools are better, but time constraints? Also pools MUST be small, 8 man pools are the stupidest things ever, like that would take the entire day.

COEY

Smash Lord
i completely forgot you ran brawl as well haha, no wonder teams isnt ran, i'm a complete ****ing idiot.

just swap brawl for teams :p

Problem solved!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool Yeah.

We have 12/14 tv's and half of them are from brawl and half for melee.

But we divide the TV's to another side of the room so we don't have to hear brawl bull**** while we are playing our amazing game.

COEY

Smash Lord
thats still a very good amount of tv's. are they're more entrants for melee, or brawl? cause it'd make more sense to give one game say 5/6 and the other 7/8 depending on which is in greater need, unless they get similar amounts of entrants then disregard whati've said lol.

but imagine how amazing 14 tv's would be for just melee, you could probably run teams and pools at the same time if you did it right.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I forgot how much it is lol. But it's something along them lines.

Coey - Yeah that would be good, but we don't wanna seem unfair to the brawlers regardless of the ****game brawl lol.:bee:
We're just tryna give them the TV's that they deserve but of course if one set of entrants of the game is clearly higher then the other then maybe the 'giving tv's to the higher entrants' thing would work.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah that's true actually.

But that's brawlers faults and we just take advantage of this by taking some of their TV's

But we aren't gonna take their TV's if they have the setups for it.

COEY

Smash Lord
yea i wasnt meaning to be unfair, it would work both ways, if more ppl entered brawl then that would have more tvs.

would like mm's at this please aaron. what do you think to;

fox - luigi
falco - luigi
fox - marth

£2ish each bo5, all 6 neutrals on random :) ?

VA

Smash Hero
Ok two MM's I must have at this tournament are:

Prof - Marth vs Fox £5
Fuzzy - Marth vs Falco £5

My marth ;) I have an interesting theory about marth I must put int practice.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yea i wasnt meaning to be unfair, it would work both ways, if more ppl entered brawl then that would have more tvs.

would like mm's at this please aaron. what do you think to;

fox - luigi
falco - luigi
fox - marth

£2ish each bo5, all 6 neutrals on random :) ?
lool Yeah these defintely sound good.
I'm gonna have to reset my MM list for PH2 but still use some of the unfinished MM's on that list which I wanna do.

Ok two MM's I must have at this tournament are:

Prof - Marth vs Fox £5
Fuzzy - Marth vs Falco £5

My marth ;) I have an interesting theory about marth I must put int practice.
Yeah I will defintely be up for this lol.

Adding these MM's on my list and the PH2 unfinished MM, my MM list is.

Tamoo - 5 £5 MM's
Va - £5 Normal MM
Va - £5 Marth vs Fox
Jo3 - £2
Fuzzy - £1 Link
Fuzzy - £1 Yoshi
Frostbyte - £3
Ben - £1
Coey - £2 Falco vs Luigi
Coey - £2 Fox vs Luigi
Coey - £2 Fox vs Marth

COEY

Smash Lord
cool man, i love playing against spacies, still want to do these even if we play during the tourney.

NessySmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's good to learn L-cancelling to the point that you don't even realise you're L-cancelling lol.

Anyway Nessy do you think you can make this event, it would be good if you could.

COEY - We could POTENTIALLY do teams.
But it would literally mean we have to do everything STRAIGHT AWAY cos for some reason Charles likes to take breaks in the tournament where we sit around doing nothing for like 30/40 mins :urg:

So if we did hurry things up and not let people sit around having friendlies I defintely thinks it's possible.
Well can't say for sure, but I will definitely try my hardest too come ^_^

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
beast: i cant afford a MM but i look forward to playing you at this dash we can be rivals or some bull**** like that.

VA

Smash Hero
I should've known I can't make any comments without you saying something. but yeah I won't **** you, happy now?

gm jack

Smash Lord
Gutted there isn't one in December. Uni kills too much time to run down to london. Just have to either travel out for any gatherings over the break of hope I can get to the one in my next holiday. My "bad at brawl, worse at melee" has gone even further downhill over the past term.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
beast: i cant afford a MM but i look forward to playing you at this dash we can be rivals or some bull**** like that.
Lol that would make me have 4 rivals, J3ly Deathgazer Hugo and now you lol sure I dont mind.

If you want to lol.
DESTROY HIM PROF!

J03 are you gonna make it to this event? If so would you like a fox vs IC MM?

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
lool Yeah these defintely sound good.
I'm gonna have to reset my MM list for PH2 but still use some of the unfinished MM's on that list which I wanna do.

Tamoo - 5 £5 MM's
Va - £5 Normal MM
Va - £5 MDarth vs Fox
Jo3 - £2
Fuzzy - £1 Link
Fuzzy - £1 Yoshi
Frostbyte - £3
Ben - £1
Coey - £2 Falco vs Luigi
Coey - £2 Fox vs Luigi
Coey - £2 Fox vs Marth
Falco Ditto MM? £1 haha

Well can't say for sure, but I will definitely try my hardest too come ^_^
Im gna be going back to Milton Keynes on the 20th Dec, so well see if we can sort some smash out or something :)

Also... Anyone up for falco/fox ditto MMs? probs 50p though

Top Bottom