• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
guys just a reminder that only 3 can stay for the night on friday, so far charles is staying.

Jolteon

travel details are in the london thread kevin, you can get to the station and phone me.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Jam:
i am supposed to be in classes in london this weekend
but i have nowhere to stay, me and 2 friends are looking for somewhere preferably close to angel station.. do you know any smashers near there?
who wouldn't mind putting us up?
we just need somewhere to sleep really =S!
and i might be i am not sure yet

Jam:
^_^;
we just need saturday and sunday night.. it's possible we won't even need sunday. and actually i duno if they will be living by themselves or what but we will be at an event til 2am tomorrow night.. if it wouldn't be a problem us getting in late that would be great lol otherwise we will geta youth hostel.
if a smasher can put us up i'll play them obviously =s

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Estimated amount for travel via flight is like; £105 here.
To be honest I'm not interested in trains because of how long it'll take.

Ben, how far is the airport from yours/the venue?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

it's not close but there are busses that will take you straight there.

rly cool that your thinking of coming :)

Jolteon

Any chance of a second TV?

That TV from your friends down the road.
I have 1 in my living room, 1 in my room, so that makes 2. I might be able to get a 3rd, we'll see.

TC- what time can I come after? + whats your phone number

also can me and Prof stay the night? that'd make 3
Anytime after like 3:30-4 would be good ben, my number is 07784000359.

yeah if you want you+prof can stay.

Would be cool if you could make PH2. ;)

Also @ j3ly: Good games man you're surprisingly **** for how long you've been playing, I think when you sort out a few of your bad habits/learn more about the game you will be complete ****. The traded 3 stocks were funny (yeah **** you yours was a jv 4 stock ;()

@Biskin: Just turn up to more events and practice regularly, you'll lose a lot of your bad habits that way and improve really fast. Your Falco does nice stuff sometimes but you do have a lot of bad habits and consistency issues. Still, it's that way for most new Falco players.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I defintely can't sleep round 2moro.

I have a dance class on saturday where they are splitting the groups into Beginners/Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced and I have to be there earlier to get in the higher group lol.

It starts 10:00 and plus I am meeting my girl at East Croydon 8:30 and that would be difficult to get there on time and stuff at yours lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I defintely can't sleep round 2moro.

I have a dance class on saturday where they are splitting the groups into Beginners/Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced and I have to be there earlier to get in the higher group lol.

It starts 10:00 and plus I am meeting my girl at East Croydon 8:30 and that would be difficult to get there on time and stuff at yours lol.
gaaaaay___

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
@Biskin: Just turn up to more events and practice regularly, you'll lose a lot of your bad habits that way and improve really fast. Your Falco does nice stuff sometimes but you do have a lot of bad habits and consistency issues. Still, it's that way for most new Falco players.
True say man. Technical consistency, predictability, and a strange impulse to jump to my death on last stocks.....:confused:
Good games though man, cheers for letting me come down

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
The subconscious mind saying "there's no point trying, just jump!" lol. Don't mean to, but I always seem to kill myself at least once per game

Jolteon

Like he'll come back from his death and I'll be on the edge, he'll just run up to the edge and dair off. >__>

Brado

Smash Lord
Lol everyone's done that in their first times playing smash, and I still rarely find myself doing something similar, Falco's a ***** to get to grips with. His wavedashing is sitll pissing me off >.>

Calzum is also very pro at dairs into the pit, it's called the Calzum combo in our group.

VA

Smash Hero
True say man. Technical consistency, predictability, and a strange impulse to jump to my death on last stocks.....:confused:
Good games though man, cheers for letting me come down
I think I'm bringing jo to southampton. He seems up for it and he's been over to my house a few times. I hope I haven't discouraged him...

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm bringing jo to southampton. He seems up for it and he's been over to my house a few times. I hope I haven't discouraged him...
Lol he called me after the first time and he seemed pretty encouraged if anything. He said he even managed to beat you a couple of times which is pretty impressive (if true) considering he hasn't really played many good players. He's always had decent mindgames though which could take him far I guess

VA

Smash Hero
lol he didn't beat me. I'm guessing he didn't call after last time, it was brutal ****. The first time he came round I didn't want to put him off by demolishing him. I sd a lot so he probably got a game by me trying **** I wouldn't do normally.

anyway he's decent and I like him so hopefully he'll keep coming over for **** until he doesn't get ***** so hard.

VA

Smash Hero
he doesn't go on boards as far as I know, but he's got potential like I said already. Don't comment where it's not needed? I could put him down way more by telling you exactly what happened in the games but there's no point. New players need to know that they're not achieving anything by winning ****ty friendlies. It really is the stupidest thing when people come up to me at tournaments asking for friendlies and if they win they brag about it. It's part of how new players act and I remember doing it, I just find it really irritating.

smashysmashysmashy

Smash Rookie
Look yeah my ganon beat your pika VA no johns (no sd's). And bishkin, dont misqoute me. I said (to my EXTREME) surprise that my fox got his peach down to his last stock in a few games, but i was fairly sure he was not playing seriously/ not ****** me like he knew he would the second time. I was happy to even get a stock! I want to be ***** tonight robby.

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Look yeah my ganon beat your pika VA no johns (no sd's). And bishkin, dont misqoute me. I said (to my EXTREME) surprise that my fox got his peach down to his last stock in a few games, but i was fairly sure he was not playing seriously/ not ****** me like he knew he would the second time. I was happy to even get a stock! I want to be ***** tonight robby.
My ganon beat VAs marth, but that doesnt mean Im better than him or anything, it was probably just luck. If you managed to beat him in a set then thats something to be proud of.

J03

Smash Master
VA 4 stocked my fox with marth and i 4 stocked his fox with my marth. if a frieindly is going badly theres nothing that makes me wanna win it.. its a friendly. ill just dive at them again and again.

Pro loves friedlies, if he beats you its always 'good game man', then he gets home and posts 'i ***** him, its was ****!', if you beat him its 'good game man' then he goes home and posts 'it was a friendly, i wasnt trying'.

Theres no point getting irritated by it coz we all do it. confidence is requierd to get better rofl, and this is just a side effect of it.

Top Bottom