• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

smashysmashysmashy

Smash Rookie
The reason I hate discussing shi-et on the intranoids is that things like sarcasm don't come across, and often pointless beef ensues. It was the first time I had ever played a serious smasher, and if anything other than **** had taken place i'd have been disappointed. Please read my comment again and decide whether I really do think i am better than VA. I can be proud of whatever i please Deathgazer, i knew before playing him that he's an extremely accomplished smasher and i was very happy to be able even to compete!
Well done for beating him; i know how hard it is, especially if he is actually trying...
Bishkin it would make me happy to get ***** by you...

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice
he doesn't go on boards as far as I know, but he's got potential like I said already. Don't comment where it's not needed? I could put him down way more by telling you exactly what happened in the games but there's no point. New players need to know that they're not achieving anything by winning ****ty friendlies. It really is the stupidest thing when people come up to me at tournaments asking for friendlies and if they win they brag about it. It's part of how new players act and I remember doing it, I just find it really irritating.
Surely a forum for smash is gonna mainly consist of trashtalk and banter anyway, so why get irritated by what people say on here? Most of it ain't serious, it just brings out the competitiveness and the rivalries which make the game fun.
Also if you're new and barely win any games (e.g. me!), of course you're gonna focus on the ones you do win cos it gives you the self belief and motivation to get better. If you wanna brag about them, brag. So what? It's all a bit of fun, nobody should take what people say on here to heart surely

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
he's not really serious though joe, unless your name is Charles Kimmelmaaaaaaaaaaan.

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
PROFESSOR PRO

Pro loves friedlies, if he beats you its always 'good game man', then he gets home and posts 'i ***** him, its was ****!', if you beat him its 'good game man' then he goes home and posts 'it was a friendly, i wasnt trying'.
YAYYYY, another case of my name being brought up for no reason :).

And i'm glad my trashtalk has affected you and you are taking it seriously, that's the response I love :)

Please continue....

When I played you it was ****.

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
LMAO TC think i might b gettin my room m8s into smash more =] met a guy at uni who apparently won a tv frm winnin a smash tournament melee n 4 stock him nicely =] so i really wanna knw where he goes 2 his events so i can earn sum easy money lol

hows every1 doin anyway? i really need 2 play u guys again missin the smash

deathgazer might b dwn in hatfield on the weekend of the 12th december so might try n find u n hve sum games =]

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
nathannnnnn <3

You should have come to my fest yesterday :(

I still want more games with people :D

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Also if you're new and barely win any games (e.g. me!), of course you're gonna focus on the ones you do win cos it gives you the self belief and motivation to get better. If you wanna brag about them, brag. So what? It's all a bit of fun, nobody should take what people say on here to heart surely
Barely win any games?? Nothing's changed then I see... haha

Totally agree though, thats how i like to play smash anyway :). Draw positives from your game, expand on them and elimiate your errors. With a healthy amount of rubbing it in peoples faces ofcourse. Although i don't think smashysmashy was bragging at all.. just seems very grateful. Hell i would if i lived 4 minutes down the road from VA!!

Btw, i'm not just some random bloke. I've been friends with Bishkin and Joe (smashysmashy) for years and we used to play loads of smash. They only recently started smashing with people in the community and are learning a lot so i'm gonna have to up my game!!! I'm from London but am at uni in Nottingham and so i've spoken to Zunari who says he can have some games with me which is awesome. I'll hopefully make the next London monthly to meet some people and get some tips.

j3ly

Smash Champion
nottingham!! well your lucky, one of my crew mates King_NDJ is up there, and really wants new people to smash with. But were at teh 4 stocking level of bishkin, so it'll be a challenge. But youll get better alot faster.

Do you play jiggs? good luck getting invited to smashfests!! lol joke, but seriously, nobodys going to like you ;)

joke?

ask tamoo

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
VA 4 stocked my fox with marth and i 4 stocked his fox with my marth. if a frieindly is going badly theres nothing that makes me wanna win it.. its a friendly. ill just dive at them again and again.

Pro loves friedlies, if he beats you its always 'good game man', then he gets home and posts 'i ***** him, its was ****!', if you beat him its 'good game man' then he goes home and posts 'it was a friendly, i wasnt trying'.

Theres no point getting irritated by it coz we all do it. confidence is requierd to get better rofl, and this is just a side effect of it.
:laugh: very true. People need to stop worrying so mush about friendlies as they rly dont mean all that much. Like how top players like Charles lose friendlies but he doesn't get bothered

j3ly

Smash Champion
The reason I hate discussing shi-et on the intranoids is that things like sarcasm don't come across, and often pointless beef ensues. It was the first time I had ever played a serious smasher, and if anything other than **** had taken place i'd have been disappointed. Please read my comment again and decide whether I really do think i am better than VA. I can be proud of whatever i please Deathgazer, i knew before playing him that he's an extremely accomplished smasher and i was very happy to be able even to compete!
Well done for beating him; i know how hard it is, especially if he is actually trying...
Bishkin it would make me happy to get ***** by you...
hehe i think your going to be good, you have the same outlook as me.

People who dont try their hardest every game are limiting their own improvement.. im sorry this is my genuine view.

Bishkin doesnt **** yet, but hes getting closer. serious man u improved a hell of alot since i last saw you, keep up the good shiiiet

Bishkin

Smash Apprentice

Totally agree though, thats how i like to play smash anyway :). Draw positives from your game, expand on them and elimiate your errors. With a healthy amount of rubbing it in peoples faces ofcourse. Although i don't think smashysmashy was bragging at all.. just seems very grateful. Hell i would if i lived 4 minutes down the road from VA!!

Btw, i'm not just some random bloke. I've been friends with Bishkin and Joe (smashysmashy) for years and we used to play loads of smash. They only recently started smashing with people in the community and are learning a lot so i'm gonna have to up my game!!! I'm from London but am at uni in Nottingham and so i've spoken to Zunari who says he can have some games with me which is awesome. I'll hopefully make the next London monthly to meet some people and get some tips.
Safe Fandem! I was actually referring to VA being 'irritated' by how new smashers treat friendlies. I understand how when you're at his level friendlies aren't gonna matter much in comparison to actual tounrament matches, but my point is that if you're new, the friendlies are important as they're how you learn and develop. Also, they may not be important, but they're still a chance to have fun and bond with people with light hearted trashtalk / bragging or what smashysmash, fandemz and I like to call SMASHCHAT.

Safe j3ly, you know those mario falco matches are slowly getting less predictable!

Brado

Smash Lord

Are you Conor who came to the Leicester fest?

Regardless of wether you are or not, if your in Nottingham, you must come down Leicester and play us sometime. There are 3 of us down here who will be wlling to play any weeked, and we'd definately come up and see you if you wanted.

Come post in the East Midlands thread more, we'll try and get together some bigger fests between us all. EM scene is getting bigger, yay.

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
good luck getting invited to smashfests!! lol joke, but seriously, nobodys going to like you ;)

joke?
Joke or not, if i know where they are i'll bair the door down if i have to :laugh:

Seriously though, if King_NDJ reads this could he send me a pm?

Good to hear Bishkins doing well though.

VA

Smash Hero
Safe Fandem! I was actually referring to VA being 'irritated' by how new smashers treat friendlies. I understand how when you're at his level friendlies aren't gonna matter much in comparison to actual tounrament matches, but my point is that if you're new, the friendlies are important as they're how you learn and develop. Also, they may not be important, but they're still a chance to have fun and bond with people with light hearted trashtalk / bragging or what smashysmash, fandemz and I like to call SMASHCHAT.

Safe j3ly, you know those mario falco matches are slowly getting less predictable!
what people on boards say isn't irritating it's the attitude of players when you're actually in the friendlies. I don't usually do anything about it as I know it's part of the attitude of new players. But can you imagine being judged on every game you play? It's irritating to have to do that when you just want to help someone get btter when they're thinking about beating you it seems kind of ridiculous and the wrong attitude to have.

But Jo is legit and I know he'll be getting really good soon.

VA

Smash Hero
Look yeah my ganon beat your pika VA no johns (no sd's). And bishkin, dont misqoute me. I said (to my EXTREME) surprise that my fox got his peach down to his last stock in a few games, but i was fairly sure he was not playing seriously/ not ****** me like he knew he would the second time. I was happy to even get a stock! I want to be ***** tonight robby.
come over, I'm ill and in need of smash.

Brado

Smash Lord
Joke or not, if i know where they are i'll bair the door down if i have to :laugh:

Seriously though, if King_NDJ reads this could he send me a pm?

Good to hear Bishkins doing well though.
Go read my other post ;]

Hit me up on msn and we can organise some shiz if you like, get everyone together, including KingNDJ and me and my friends.

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
@Brado - Na i'm not Connor, although he is a friend of mine too!!

Leicester aint too far from me so i could definitely do that at a weekend. I have a broken ankle at the moment so it prob wont be for a while but i'll keep u posted.

@ VA - I hope u can make Jo a great player, as i know he really wants it. You've gotta be one of the best people that he could learn from so i'm expecting big things!!

Brado

Smash Lord
@FanDemz

Ahh okays dude, bear in mind we'll all be willing to travel up to Nottingham soemtime, we get kid tickets so it's only £2 =D

J03

Smash Master
go**** it pro i hate you, your so annoying, you irritate me so much, my god im so angry....

rofl is this what your expecting xD i aint Ben

when we played i ***** the **** out of you anyway, ill beast your *** so badly when we play in PH2 you aint nothing but a titch!... wait i got a T confused with a B somewhere in that last word =o

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
LMAO TC think i might b gettin my room m8s into smash more =] met a guy at uni who apparently won a tv frm winnin a smash tournament melee n 4 stock him nicely =] so i really wanna knw where he goes 2 his events so i can earn sum easy money lol

hows every1 doin anyway? i really need 2 play u guys again missin the smash

deathgazer might b dwn in hatfield on the weekend of the 12th december so might try n find u n hve sum games =]
ah okay, are you only gna be back for that weekend or is that when your holidays start? who do you use more, link or falco now?

and J3ly, still up for next weds?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
go**** it pro i hate you, your so annoying, you irritate me so much, my god im so angry....

rofl is this what your expecting xD i aint Ben

when we played i ***** the **** out of you anyway, ill beast your *** so badly when we play in PH2 you aint nothing but a titch!... wait i got a T confused with a B somewhere in that last word =o

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
deathgazer just dwn 4 the weekend holiday starts the weekend after lol still maining the link falco's gettin better but still needs work can do the combos but its gettin the setup which i still bad just need 2 work on settin up the combos so pretty much need 2 improve my mindgames more lol

n j3ly PMS is in nottingham has his own house n everything i need 2 go visit him soon not sure but i think a few ppl might b going 2 visit him so might c if we can get a lil smashfest goin on there

TC sorry man was at uni do u its long 4 me 2 get 2 central london 1:30min on train n then i hve 2 go 2 urs which is another 40mins but ill will make the effort nxt time 4 u ^_^

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
Hi King. I'm at uni in Nottingham, j3ly told me about you. If there is a smash fest in Notts could i possibly come? Very new to the community but looking to play as much as possible and learn quick

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
well my bro lives in nottingham n he plays smash he's not on the boards but he is very well knw around the smash community his tag is PMS but ill probably b around nottingham sumtim soonish mayb in about 2 weeks but when i am ill give u bell ill give u my number by PM but yea we can hve sum games u stayin at accom in turnpike lane or the actually uni 1? coz he lives near the KFC (typical black guy lol)

FanDemZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm like 25 mins walk from town, so if you tell me, i can come meet you whenever you're about. KFC sounds like a good venue to meet, a family bucket always fires me up fo some smash.

j3ly

Smash Champion
can an urban japanese living person speak japanese?

does a bear sheet in the woods?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Like how top players like Charles lose friendlies but he doesn't get bothered
I'm tryna figure out what what scenario you made that post in cos i'm 100% it's one of these.

1. Ben is dellusional since he thinks he knows Charles as he ACTUALLY was referring to Charles as a player who does not taking friendlies seriously. (The most likely one)

2. Ben listened to my previous post about taken notes and decided to steal some notes from Jo3 and ride like he never rid before.

3. Ben actually thinks the majortiy of stuff he says assists in some sort of way :confused:

4. Ben was in his permanent dumb, foolish and IwillReferToSomeoneILikeInAPositiveWayCosILikeThem state of mind when he posted that.

It's one of them.
I just know it is.

can you moonwalk with link?
He is the easiest in the game to do it with lol.

Top Bottom