• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well by me saying he lives in London I was implying that it's not like he doesn't have people living near him to keep him active...not that he's quitting cos he lives in London and near us.

Dunno why you edited the last bit of my post like im not the best in the UK cos we both know I am lol.

VA

Smash Hero
Well by me saying he lives in London I was implying that it's not like he doesn't have people living near him to keep him active...not that he's quitting cos he lives in London and near us.

Dunno why you edited the last bit of my post like im not the best in the UK cos we both know I am lol.
Well Brighton and his best mates are only 50 minutes on the train, he visits us and we play smash often, but he's not motivated to attend.

And yeah you're the best in the UK. I have no problem in the saying that. I edited your post that way because i meant it about me, I should have done it to properly look like thatbut I was too lazy.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Oh fair enough, even though you quit im guessing ur def gonna be looking at Fuzzy's performance at Genesis 2 and get a slight satisfaction if he gets ***** from that time when you went to America and how you felt about his reacted to your performance lol.

VA

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie if he fails I'll be like good I'm glad it's not just me.

I felt very comfortable beating him in brighton. I was, in many occasions on 3 stocks when he was on 1, though I would only win with 2/1 stocks at the end I won most of the games comfortably imo. So either way I don't care because I feel like I'm better and have only played him in 2 sets in the past year and we all know how those went.

I hope he does good, either way I'll feel some satisfaction.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Most good players play the game enough to get bored of playing only one character so switch it up and learn the rest.

Cept Hbox.
hbox won a few tournaments with sheik afaik lol

but obviously not nationals

LOL It's not my fault as you know Jolteon, I told him that the stage should be banned and have suggested more then once to show him the proper tournament rules...he decided to do his own thing so I was like 'Ok, I'll just take advantage of your silly rules' and started gaying people out and they didn't like it lol....
lool I know, I wasn't blaming you for it at all.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I kind of want fuzz to do well, because then the UK could have quite a few people at a good international level, with Prof's improvement and VA breathing down their necks despite everything going on.

But if he does too well we won't here the end of it.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
What happened with Swizzy is that he was still up for attending, but then woke up one day and decided he wasn't. I think it made a difference that his friends would be there at the tournaments. He's never been too bothered about improving or anything, he's kind of lazy like that. If it were easy he'd be all over it. He plays a gimick character anyway, despite having a style that might make ganon a better character he never enjoyed practicing and wasn't driven to reach to the top.
Pretty much this. With a hardcore job I have less free time to relax, so when it was smash and friends chilling then it was all good - but I don't love the game enough to want to play no matter what. I've literally practiced for a grand total of about 5 hours in the last 10 years.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool I know, I wasn't blaming you for it at all.
Yeah I know you weren't lol, it was just kinda a message for the community rather then directly to you.

Also SugarPhil if you see this send me a message and I will get you in contact with Ixis and Hoe4u who live in Lewisham which I think you said you live in or atleast near.

I kind of want fuzz to do well, because then the UK could have quite a few people at a good international level, with Prof's improvement and VA breathing down their necks despite everything going on.

But if he does too well we won't here the end of it.
Yeah I want Charles to do good, i'm not TOO concerned that we wont here the end of it really cos I still look to beat him regardless and shatter that spirit lol...

But we all know he will continously talk about some combo he did to someone 'It was Stomp, Nair to knee, it looked so weird and would have been good in a combo video' it will be something we have to put up with for awhile lol...

I just want to see loads of videos, I don't want to hear stories...unless it's something spectacular

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Most good players play the game enough to get bored of playing only one character so switch it up and learn the rest.

Cept Hbox.
well ive got a stupidly high brawl playtime. so its best that i do switch about, but i still have my main characters which are the most fun
ganondorf cant possibly get boring

I've won it multiple times and actually won yday lol...it's quite funny.

Some of them there need to get absolutely destroyed though, because I beat them and they still think they will come to the monthly and dominate...and it's like 'Im beating you and I don't play this game so why would you think that' lol

And also some of them still dont believe that im one of the best in the UK in melee....they just think that im one of them people that thinks he is and that there's some random guy in his room somewhere who is the best lol.
...wow. i am comign down there, i have winning to get
plus i havent yet won an in person tournament, it will feel nice to win one and get moneys
i have a friend from america comnig down late jule soo ill travel down then and compete, then use the money i win in ta pub

Jolteon

btw the place that does the croydon tournaments is renting out a venue that will include smash friendlies from 12-5 Sunday lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Im guessing Swizzy just decided to jump on the banwagon of quitting since he actually lives in London anyway and is kinda near us lol...I will get Dujuan to ask him if he's still active or whatever since he has him on BlackBerry

LOL It's not my fault as you know Jolteon, I told him that the stage should be banned and have suggested more then once to show him the proper tournament rules...he decided to do his own thing so I was like 'Ok, I'll just take advantage of your silly rules' and started gaying people out and they didn't like it lol....

I've won it multiple times and actually won yday lol...it's quite funny.

Some of them there need to get absolutely destroyed though, because I beat them and they still think they will come to the monthly and dominate...and it's like 'Im beating you and I don't play this game so why would you think that' lol

And also some of them still dont believe that im one of the best in the UK in melee....they just think that im one of them people that thinks he is and that there's some random guy in his room somewhere who is the best lol.
I really thought I'd never see the day when you played brawl and actually play brawl tournaments :bee:. Still, I hope they fix their stagelist and also see some of the top brawl players like Andy and Kasper.

Why do they not think you're the best in the UK? have they even seen you play?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I really thought I'd never see the day when you played brawl and actually play brawl tournaments :bee:. Still, I hope they fix their stagelist and also see some of the top brawl players like Andy and Kasper.

Why do they not think you're the best in the UK? have they even seen you play?
LOL The bigger picture of me playing brawl is all to benefit melee :bee:

And me and my friend actually went into the shop today to look for some game and the guy who organizes the tournament said that he has now banned shadow moses because of me and that I have no honour for D-Tilt locking someone even though I told him in the past multiple times thats stage should be banned and that I did it because I was afriad of the person I was playing in the GF's called Jermaine which is the biggest jokes of jokes...

AND the people haven't even seen me play melee before and they don't believe me, but the few who have come around Dujuans house and seen us play knew straight away lol.

how much money you win prof or its just for fun... gaying them out is just funny lol they need to ban you -_- lulz.
The prize money there is kinda weak...no matter what the turnout is (since turnout usually effects the prize money it goes
1st - £10

2nd - place £5 Voucher for a game in the store, and can only be used on something £10 or over lol

3rd......

lolol

VA

Smash Hero
while I feel mildly salty about charles ****** norcal, which I won't lie I am, it's both impressive and good for getting confident for genesis. I'm so interested to see how he does now.

Jolteon

wait wtf, who has charles been playing?

oh yeah and prof if you go in to the shop at any point between now and thurs, can you get my pad please? lol.

Jolteon

yeah I saw he beat ss/scar, wow.

but I mean, it's not like Europe has any good falcons anyway :troll:

@SugarPhil he means an american tournament that one of our players is at lol :)

VA

Smash Hero
Scar is meh, SS hasn't played for a while apparently, shroomed is apparently the best win out of that according to my sources.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
all what, one sentence?

you're not right you twod, I spoke to a rather respectable source of mine that informed me that the win wasn't as great as I thought.

flerg, boards strike again.
you are downplaying Charles' win because you are jealous of the fact that charles won it, you even said it yourself jeez stop being so obvious. Also, your source isn't very respectable if he's johning for charles' opponents. Seriously I thought you quit though, if the boards are so bad- get off of them

VA

Smash Hero
Not boards, certain individuals that make it rather unbearable, and I'm bored so I'm on...boards. I only quit UK events, I haven't quit playing the game. Also, I have been in the scene nearly as long as you (lol) so I maintain an interest in what's happening in it, despite not wanting to be part of it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Scar is meh, SS hasn't played for a while apparently, shroomed is apparently the best win out of that according to my sources.
Such hating man, can't you just be proud, no need to really feel ANY saltyness towards his sucess and you're definitely trying to downplay his win cos we all know to be fair you wouldn't of done better...he did good and beat two of the best falcons in the world and Shroomed

VA does have a point. SS doesn't really play all that much, though it is still a huge achievement.
VA does have a good point in hating, despite him not playing that much it's not like he wasn't initially REALLY good and he hasn't been playing that much, don't assist in the hating please....where's the flipping UK unity...

Just support him, don't say little gay comments downplaying it and then end it in a CONGRATZ.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Wow... didn't realise Charles was out there already - good stuff on the results so far man!

Ben - careful about letting personal judgements affect things on here. VA was stating facts obtained from a source (most likely in America) who would actually know. That means he is providing more background information for people who don't follow the US scene (me, and presumably plenty of other UK smashers), which is actually interesting. Watching another b**ching session clog up the thread right now would not be interesting.

EDIT - ninja'd by Prof. Please count yourself included in the above paragraph. He didn't downplay the win, he just stated which win was the best. Both your arguments have no base in logic which is kinda annoying to read through when there's actually an interesting discussion on this thread.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Wow... didn't realise Charles was out there already - good stuff on the results so far man!

Ben - careful about letting personal judgements affect things on here. VA was stating facts obtained from a source (most likely in America) who would actually know. That means he is providing more background information for people who don't follow the US scene (me, and presumably plenty of other UK smashers), which is actually interesting. Watching another b**ching session clog up the thread right now would not be interesting.

EDIT - ninja'd by Prof. Please count yourself included in the above paragraph. He didn't downplay the win, he just stated which win was the best. Both your arguments have no base in logic which is kinda annoying to read through when there's actually an interesting discussion on this thread.
I don't care who the source is, it's johning and taking away from Charles' victory. The reason I am annoyed is the fact that VA can't even congratulate Charles on what was a good win

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

The only logic here is that Charles won that tournament. Anything else is johns and trying to take away from Charles' win. Stop trying to justify johns

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL At you saying he's not trying to downplay the win by saying things like 'Scar is meh, SS hasn't played for a while apparently' and when he is already coming from a position of openly admitting he would be satisified if Fuzzy did bad...ANDDDD already admitting he felt partially salty about Charles success.

If VA won the tournament and I said 'Scar is meh, SS hasn't played for a while apparently' it would be percieved as something with negative intent....why....BECAUSE IT IS!!!!

Get out of the 'OMG, VA is my beloved friend who I must defend' and open your eyes.
If it was anyonelse and espesh VA who won the tournament im pretty sure you would feel funny if one of us were downplaying (which he is doing) the same way and would just want to see support

Jolteon

You can say things that both take away from the legitimacy of Charles' win and also say things to boost his win... but the fact is, he did well. I'm sure all of us acknowledge that, Robby included.

Top Bottom