• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

j3ly

Smash Champion
I meant AC's fest but well, you live in Cambridge right? how much should i expect to spend (assuming there is an open space) aiming to arrive in Cambridge for 9/10am and back to london for 9/10pm?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I meant AC's fest but well, you live in Cambridge right? how much should i expect to spend (assuming there is an open space) aiming to arrive in Cambridge for 9/10am and back to london for 9/10pm?
i think on the last page he said it was bristol, not cambridge

gm jack

Smash Lord
@GP
What X1-12 said. I mean, just looking at my location should have been a hint. :p

@J3ly
A day travel card to london from Twyford (the nearest train station I can give lifts from, Wargrave station is useless) is just over £10 with a young person's rail card, so it isn't too bad. I also tend to provide pizza if that acts as an incentive.

So far, I have attending (in addition to me and cesca):
X1-12
Crabman
LJ
Joeman

So I have space for a few more.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
jack, there was no chance of me scrolling ALL the way up to your last post to check, i went with my guess of somewhere thats fkn miles away XD

VA

Smash Hero
blah blah blee blee blah, anyone want to come play melee with me?

haven't played in nearly a month now.

VA

Smash Hero
I wanted j3ly and co to come down to get some nice **** but...

EDIT: Fu jam might be down at the w.end

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I want to play Meleeeeeee.

:(
I will try to setup something soonish, still have to see if I can setup any big smashfest yet, havent got any confirmed information except that it cant be and Dujuan (a big one, he can still do little ones) so it would have to be AC's...but yeah you need to play it...are you coming to the thing 2moro btw, Ixis and Hoe4u are actually coming lol...so it will be funny to see brawlers there

blah blah blee blee blah, anyone want to come play melee with me?

haven't played in nearly a month now.
What happened to you quitting and never attending anything and never hosting again...and since you're never attending anything, does that automatically mean Beast isnt attending anything ever???

VA

Smash Hero
What happened to you quitting and never attending anything and never hosting again...and since you're never attending anything, does that automatically mean Beast isnt attending anything ever???
Nothing has changed about that, I'm not hosting smashfests and I'm not attending UK tournaments. Probably going to go to Beast II in Sweden, undecided at the minute. Also it's quite improbable that either Beast or Swizzy will attend things in the future.

I might invite some people down to play at some point, but this is not any indication of me hosting a smashfest in the future.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I will try to setup something soonish, still have to see if I can setup any big smashfest yet, havent got any confirmed information except that it cant be and Dujuan (a big one, he can still do little ones) so it would have to be AC's...but yeah you need to play it...are you coming to the thing 2moro btw, Ixis and Hoe4u are actually coming lol...so it will be funny to see brawlers there
Yeah I'm coming this time.

Also tell me when you get a date for something, I'm in contact with a US smasher who's residing in London for the summer and I promised him some fest dates.

and why is it funny to see brawlers at a brawl event lmao

Cuba

Smash Rookie
I'd be up for some London Tourneys. I'm from the South so it's not too bad. Was going to get up to Croydon for today but i can't so i think i will next week.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh cool, more new people!

also VA is in with that drama queen stuff. guess maining peach does these things to you...really every peach main i know is big on drama XD

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

Maybe that was just to make a scene and it was really obvious that he was still going to play melee?

By the way- I could well be able to host a large smashfest at my house sometime in the near future :). I need to know when but it's looking likely that my house will be available for a weekend

VA

Smash Hero

also VA is in with that drama queen stuff. guess maining peach does these things to you...really every peach main i know is big on drama XD
Yes all Peach mains are ****. I'm not being dramatic, I'm just stating what's going on because aaron asked. No one ask me if you don't want to know.

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
The croydon tourney was good, friendly people, very big shame that I was unable to participate due to having no more money T_T (Seriously the owner should have let me, I would have given everyones money back if I won)
Rofl & SMH at Professor's cheap Shadow Moses play
I' am just ridicolousy rusty, hopefully with practice I will do very good in Monthlies

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Lol no idea what happend at the tourney but Prof being cheap like normal, I like it.

Jolteon

Shadow Moses was on so he did the dtilt lock --> usmash thing with marth LOL

Jolteon

We've been trying for so long to get him to ban it.... but he's so stubborn. -_- The really ******** thing is that shadow moses is on... but rainbow ride isn't lol.

Either way because of what Aaron did he said he'd put up a poll about whether shadow moses should be banned so I'm glad he did it lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It ain't like a proper official tourney with full rules, but there's still no items so its fine
And apparently Shadow Moses will be banned next time ahah
GOOD!
if not i will make sure to do ikes version of the wall lock...all hell will break loose when i jab lock everyone in that wall XD
oh well, providing theres a smash scene there, ill have to take a look someday

Cuba

Smash Rookie

Haha, did you find that out from my profile?

and Damix93 yeah i'm a brawl player.

I'm glad the Croydon tourney went well. I'll probably be down next week - couldn't today because i had a rehearsal. What time did it finish?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Haha, did you find that out from my profile?

and Damix93 yeah i'm a brawl player.

I'm glad the Croydon tourney went well. I'll probably be down next week - couldn't today because i had a rehearsal. What time did it finish?
i found that out from the fact youve made a totla of 2 posts...both in this thread XD

VA

Smash Hero
oh god that would be sad.

also I do not main peach, I just used her in tournament. I play all of the high tier characters to a good standard and have used many different characters in tournament.

Right now I'm using Sheik/Marth and some Fox

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh god that would be sad.

also I do not main peach, I just used her in tournament. I play all of the high tier characters to a good standard and have used many different characters in tournament.

Right now I'm using Sheik/Marth and some Fox
so..one of those people that uses everyone that good?

lol hi there, im a total opposite and only ever play ****ty characters and have a knack at being unable to play top characters XD

VA

Smash Hero
Most good players play the game enough to get bored of playing only one character so switch it up and learn the rest.

Cept Hbox.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Nothing has changed about that, I'm not hosting smashfests and I'm not attending UK tournaments. Probably going to go to Beast II in Sweden, undecided at the minute. Also it's quite improbable that either Beast or Swizzy will attend things in the future.

I might invite some people down to play at some point, but this is not any indication of me hosting a smashfest in the future.
Im guessing Swizzy just decided to jump on the banwagon of quitting since he actually lives in London anyway and is kinda near us lol...I will get Dujuan to ask him if he's still active or whatever since he has him on BlackBerry

Shadow Moses was on so he did the dtilt lock --> usmash thing with marth LOL
LOL It's not my fault as you know Jolteon, I told him that the stage should be banned and have suggested more then once to show him the proper tournament rules...he decided to do his own thing so I was like 'Ok, I'll just take advantage of your silly rules' and started gaying people out and they didn't like it lol....

if prof has been winning then i need to get my *** over there...now
I've won it multiple times and actually won yday lol...it's quite funny.

Some of them there need to get absolutely destroyed though, because I beat them and they still think they will come to the monthly and dominate...and it's like 'Im beating you and I don't play this game so why would you think that' lol

And also some of them still dont believe that im one of the best in the UK in melee....they just think that im one of them people that thinks he is and that there's some random guy in his room somewhere who is the best lol.

VA

Smash Hero
Im guessing Swizzy just decided to jump on the banwagon of quitting since he actually lives in London anyway and is kinda near us lol...I will get Dujuan to ask him if he's still active or whatever since he has him on BlackBerry

im one of them people that thinks he is and that there's some random guy in his room somewhere who is the best lol.
I don't get that first paragraph. What happened with Swizzy is that he was still up for attending, but then woke up one day and decided he wasn't. I think it made a difference that his friends would be there at the tournaments. He's never been too bothered about improving or anything, he's kind of lazy like that. If it were easy he'd be all over it. He plays a gimick character anyway, despite having a style that might make ganon a better character he never enjoyed practicing and wasn't driven to reach to the top.

The second paragraph is me ;)

Top Bottom