• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
There were a lot of people bailing out on the last minute for the smashfest which is due to AC confirming his smashfest extremely late, so sorry for anyone new who didn't really get to play an intense game or didn't see what they expected.

BUTTTT any new brawlers should try to come to the Croydon Brawl Tournaments on every thursday...if they want to know about it just state their interest and i'll tell them more
Is this in Central Croydon?

gm jack

Smash Lord
If Crabman is coming, you might be able to get a lift with him, as he lives in Surrey as well (although, the opposite side of the county I believe, so if you get a train to his area then a lift, it might be doable).

X1-12

Smash Champion
Sean might be able to do 9th (if he can he can bring tv + set-up). We can both do the 16th and will be able to bring a set-up each and at least 1 tv

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Is this in Central Croydon?
Yeah, it is literally like a 30 second walk from the Vue Cinema in some shop...you should definitely try to make it, post on here if you want to know more details about it...

BUT basically it's on EVERY THURSDAY from 5:30 till usually 8:30/9:00 and £3 entry.
The rules are different to the OFFICIAL brawl tournament because the person doesn't really know about them that much BUT there's still no items and a good variety of stages, you should definitely try and make it :)

Whereabouts do you live???

WHAT'S EVERYONE IN GENERAL UP TO ANYWAY AND HOW'S YOUR AVAILABILITY???

I keep thinking that we should do something like a big smashfest (like the last one which flopped but that was AC fault for late advertising :ohwell:) just to get everyone together and hyped, how is Tesco Crew doing because OoC actually want to **** it up...

This goes for anybody, OoC wants to destroy all of you lot...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, it is literally like a 30 second walk from the Vue Cinema in some shop...you should definitely try to make it, post on here if you want to know more details about it...

BUT basically it's on EVERY THURSDAY from 5:30 till usually 8:30/9:00 and £3 entry.
The rules are different to the OFFICIAL brawl tournament because the person doesn't really know about them that much BUT there's still no items and a good variety of stages, you should definitely try and make it :)

I keep thinking that we should do something like a big smashfest (like the last one which flopped but that was AC fault for late advertising :ohwell:) just to get everyone together and hyped, how is Tesco Crew doing because OoC actually want to **** it up...

the thing im looking at is: are they good? also, whats the nearest tube station to the venue?
its official, i suck at navigating london XD

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
If Crabman is coming, you might be able to get a lift with him, as he lives in Surrey as well (although, the opposite side of the county I believe, so if you get a train to his area then a lift, it might be doable).
I keep forgetting he lives in Surrey lmao. >_> That's actually a really good idea, I'll speak to him about it, thanks!

I've been wanting to play so much Smash lately so I'd really like this. @_@

P.S. I will **** all of your doo-doo crew lol :) except for you... :(

the thing im looking at is: are they good? also, whats the nearest tube station to the venue?
ooc smashfests are really good

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i was actually referring to the croydon tournaments
i might well come to an ooc fest though if i ever happen to be going to london

Jolteon

@GP: East Croydon is accessible via the Southern rail service and tram.

/e Also trains that go to Victoria also go to East Croydon, so getting there from out of London is really easy.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman

I live in Croydon, 10 mins tram from the Vue. Will check it out.
From London Victoria, its a 15 min train to East Croydon. The Vue is a 5 min walk from there and its very easy to find.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

From London Victoria, its a 15 min train to East Croydon. The Vue is a 5 min walk from there and its very easy to find.
lol, so if i come to this, will you direct me? ^^

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Well I actually live in Thornton Heath so you're luckily enough to have the best Melee player in the UK living near you and someone who is decent at brawl even though I don't really play it :)

To answer your earlier question, the tournaments are alright...nothing too special, you're a brawler so you can complain about their stage choices....'That snake stage with the walls is allowed but Rainbow Rides banned :confused:' and also you're only allowed to pick one character for the whole tournament....like you actually can't counterpick, it's gay

BUTTT I will actually be there so I can also direct you, but basically when you get to East Croydon you cross the road and get on '466' literally one stop and then you get off and walk. You could actually walk it from there but you dont know the direction

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha i see. well i wont be going this time round i dont think
as for the rules..well thats wierd, i guess this means ill be scooping prize money when i go XD
ill have to look into going soon though

Jolteon

you play ike so you should be able to just **** anyone who CPs shadow moses vs you anyway, not like there's any good d3s there lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The Closest Station is East Croydon Station and you get on the 466 one stop TOWARDS SOUTH CROYDON.....NOT THE OTHER WAY....cross the tram line and turn right from the station....if you cross and go left you will be walking toward the wrong 466 bus stop so watch out as both bus stop are kinda close

It's best for people to find out how to get to Vue Cinema from East Croydon cos it is literally a 20/30 second walk from there in a place called 'M&M Games' in some little tunnel 2/3 shops down on the same side as the cinema, not on the opposite side

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
MELEE + BRAWL PLAYERS

If I speak to Alpha Dash about doing one of his big smashfests again or AC, who would be down to go for a big smashfest, this is going for people outside of London as well...with A GOOD amount of notice, like a week and a half...

And what days are people mostly free on?

Like if it was on Saturday would that be good with most people?

Jolteon

I'm free after this week so most days work fine for me unless something comes up =/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sounds good but what kind of community classes a week and a half as good notice?
im a busy person, i do moer in life than play computer games XD
but yeah, id be up for it greatly

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well for a smashfest a week and a half is decent notice, this isn't a tournament, it's just a smashfest around someones house and anymore then that amount of time could prove unreliable as something might come up.

It was just gven security in it not being too short notice, but yeah I might try and make sure they give a bigger notice.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Sure.

Well I actually live in Thornton Heath so you're luckily enough to have the best Melee player in the UK living near you and someone who is decent at brawl even though I don't really play it :)

To answer your earlier question, the tournaments are alright...nothing too special, you're a brawler so you can complain about their stage choices....'That snake stage with the walls is allowed but Rainbow Rides banned :confused:' and also you're only allowed to pick one character for the whole tournament....like you actually can't counterpick, it's gay

BUTTT I will actually be there so I can also direct you, but basically when you get to East Croydon you cross the road and get on '466' literally one stop and then you get off and walk. You could actually walk it from there but you dont know the direction
Kl, thanks for the info. Will check it out.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
things might come up in between that time?
surely if something else comes up you can state you already have other plans?
oh yeah i forget you londoners can just travel when you please for cheap, i have to book like 2 weeks in advance so i dont pay a bomb -__-

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
things might come up in between that time?
surely if something else comes up you can state you already have other plans?
oh yeah i forget you londoners can just travel when you please for cheap, i have to book like 2 weeks in advance so i dont pay a bomb -__-
Yeah you got a point lol...I guess 2 weeks isn't that much of a big deal...will def try to give atleast that much notice prior to the event, do any smashers live in your area anyway to bring them along???

And people will finally see how amazing I am at brawl LOL :bee:

if AC can house again, how about the Friday before the monthly?
Yeah I will definitely find that out for you :)

I think I can go to the next monthly if someone can house me the night before :-)

:phone:
:) Yeah I will def try and ask AC, would be really good if all you scottish people could come down....BTWWWWW have you lot been playing Zeppo lol, and if so how do you against him and would you be able to bring him down.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
MELEE + BRAWL PLAYERS

If I speak to Alpha Dash about doing one of his big smashfests again or AC, who would be down to go for a big smashfest, this is going for people outside of London as well...with A GOOD amount of notice, like a week and a half...

And what days are people mostly free on?

Like if it was on Saturday would that be good with most people?
I'd be well up for that. Anytime during the weekends are good for me :)

prof- I can't believe you're actually playing brawl at all

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah you got a point lol...I guess 2 weeks isn't that much of a big deal...will def try to give atleast that much notice prior to the event, do any smashers live in your area anyway to bring them along???

And people will finally see how amazing I am at brawl LOL
well...there are smashers around my way, however the only one thats any good is shlurpie...who sucks now as he doesnt play anymore, i still play tons. everyone is a brawler around here

oh and for de record, fridays nights are impossible for me. i work them :( this is why i always have to travel to tournaments on saturday morning

X1-12

Smash Champion
Jack what day is your thing gonna be? I could do with knowing by weds so I can text Sean about it before I go to Sonisphere

j3ly

Smash Champion
i'd come to the smashfest 1 week before the monthly.. might go deathgazers house tonight actually hmmm..

Top Bottom