• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Get off the train alpha dash you fail.

Everyone likes a scapegoat, even if that means agreeing with bullet bill lol.

Also charles got 4th today and lost to shroomed and HMW. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU CHARLES, I ONLY SAY THIS ONCE BECAUSE I'M PROFESSOR PRO....lol.
oh yeah I'll just get off at the next stop shall I?

look at you jumping over the moon coz charles placed 4th. You sad boy... :urg:

I wanna play you and Dash very soon, ive been meaning to contact you but just havent got round to it, we should maybe try and organize something for this week or next? and maybe see what Bishkin is up to. I doubt my crew will come seeing as they all live far from us south guys :p but ill still come and play anytime.

I have a free house from next wednesday for a few days, you and dash could come then if you want and stay over for a night.
im definitely on it! leme know init is your number still the same?

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
Alpha, doubles partner for what? I don't mind if you want, haven't done doubles before though
@Jolteon where bouts surrey you live? How far is it from Lewisham?
@Unreal Where you hosting, and is there still space for one more?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Jolteon lives in this place called Surbiton...not sure the fastest route from your area but you could always check on Tfl.gov.uk

And at Unreals im kinda sure that there will only be Melee there and I know you play brawl mostly brawl, so yeah im just pre-warning you lol.

BTW Ixis and a few other smashers from Lewisham are coming 2moro and he lives in Lewisham so you lot can exchange numbers so you can meet up with him more and get better.

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
Jolteon lives in this place called Surbiton...not sure the fastest route from your area but you could always check on Tfl.gov.uk

And at Unreals im kinda sure that there will only be Melee there and I know you play brawl mostly brawl, so yeah im just pre-warning you lol.

BTW Ixis and a few other smashers from Lewisham are coming 2moro and he lives in Lewisham so you lot can exchange numbers so you can meet up with him more and get better.
Hmm surbiton takes like an hour to get too with 2 trains, not too shabby
Ahh i don't mind playing some melee and getting back into it, if it wasn't for melee i probably would have never bought a wii in the first place!

Hmm i might do, not to sure. I' am definately coming, its just that right now I'm on work expirience in Goldsmith University, and i finish at 4 30. So i can either come straight to croydon from there or rush home get changed and go. So not sure if i can link up with them. I also get 1 straight train from Brockley Staion ( London Bridge i think )

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Sugarphil - I'll let you know if theres space in the next few days.

Prof - Still up for next wednesday then yeah? I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer a TV from north london without having to go through the embarassment of carrying it through the underground lol

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Sugarphil - I'll let you know if theres space in the next few days.

Prof - Still up for next wednesday then yeah? I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer a TV from north london without having to go through the embarassment of carrying it through the underground lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOl it aint a big deal carrying a TV though, it's not like anyones gonna be like 'OMG, can you believe that that guy has a TV in his hands'....lol no-one really cares and if they do it just means they possess a high amount of fail in their life.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
this post wasn an accident....or was it a post count bump....

Nah it was actually an accident lol...well technically the 2nd one was the accident but the 2nd one had more info in which I couldn't be bothered to copy and paste here.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ahh i don't mind playing some melee and getting back into it, if it wasn't for melee i probably would have never bought a wii in the first place!
Melee is definitely the way forward, not sure if you know about all the Advanced Techniques in the game but there is a ridiculous amount of depth in melee in comparison to brawl and a lot less room for error but it's a lot funner in the long run :)

If you're interested in getting good @ melee i'll def help you get better and you'll have fun in the process...THIS ACTUALLY GOES FOR ANYONE IN THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY

Lol yeah, thinking i might just put it in a couple of black bags and carry it.
lol yeah that would prob be the most practical thing....is you bringing a TV from London the 2nd TV or is that bringing in a 3rd TV?

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
Melee is definitely the way forward, not sure if you know about all the Advanced Techniques in the game but there is a ridiculous amount of depth in melee in comparison to brawl and a lot less room for error but it's a lot funner in the long run :)

If you're interested in getting good @ melee i'll def help you get better and you'll have fun in the process...THIS ACTUALLY GOES FOR ANYONE IN THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY

lol yeah that would prob be the most practical thing....is you bringing a TV from London the 2nd TV or is that bringing in a 3rd TV?
Yeahh sure, I know nothing about the advanced technqiues though T_T

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I could do with some help
Yeah, if you're in London I will def try to meet up with you somewhere and play you and help out in anyway I can....plus you actually need to go to Japan and **** this time lol :)

Yeahh sure, I know nothing about the advanced technqiues though T_T
lol Well these 3 videos show the VERY BASIC Advanced Techniques...some of them you might know but im pretty sure they'll be a good few things you don't know about...the 1st video you'll prob know a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah the event itself was actually fun....fun times when I beat Ixis on Rainbow Cruise lol.

And congratz on placing 2nd...I still find it funny how I lost 3 times that tournament, won 4 times and placed 3rd....
But Jolteon, Ixis, Hoe4u and Alpha Dash won 5 times and lost 2 twice...and placed joint 5th lol :)

Nice beautiful tournament rules.

Cong won the tournament just if people are curious.

SugarPhil

Smash Cadet
Yeah the event itself was actually fun....fun times when I beat Ixis on Rainbow Cruise lol.

And congratz on placing 2nd...I still find it funny how I lost 3 times that tournament, won 4 times and placed 3rd....
But Jolteon, Ixis, Hoe4u and Alpha Dash won 5 times and lost 2 twice...and placed joint 5th lol :)

Yeahh lots of people turned up, I just think they should shorter the amount of rounds though
Hah don't think Ixis was too happy about that
Yeahh thanks, pshh the rating or seeding system that was used is a bit wack. Dan said he will put up all the info about it on the facebook page. Have you got the facebook page??

Now I' am just eager to hit a London Monthly

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Definitely this saturday.

So far, there is:
me
mitsuki
lj
joeman
x1-12
crabman
jolteon (probably)
Hey, sorry I've been leaving my confirmation really late, but I've literally been out for like the whole week. Unless my money vanishes though, I should at least be able to take a train to reading or wargrave (which station would be better to go to, or does it not matter much?) on the day so I guess you can pretty much 99% confirm me lol. I wanna see how you play now. :)

Hmm i might do, not to sure. I' am definately coming, its just that right now I'm on work expirience in Goldsmith University, and i finish at 4 30. So i can either come straight to croydon from there or rush home get changed and go. So not sure if i can link up with them. I also get 1 straight train from Brockley Staion ( London Bridge i think )
First thing I gotta do is convince my mum lol, when I do I'll post back with details.

You know, now that I think about it I've actually not asked for your advice in a while even though we play a lot lol.

:(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Here's the page for it SugarPhil http://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...nt#!/pages/M-and-M-Games-Croydon/356173244095

....and Jolteon I just spoke to Xan on facebook about doing some Genesis LiveStream party sorta thing lol....would your house be available for that if you know...not too much people obv, like literally just Me, You and Xan (or more if you could get it obv)...but just playing smash and watching the LiveStream on your laptop would be hype.

Jolteon

2 things:

1. Xan asked me about it, but I'll most likely be in Reading come Saturday, so I suggested he spoke to you about it instead lol. What about Dujuan's place?

2. My laptop screen is TINY!! lol, I don't think it'd be that hype. And the current hard drive is broken anyway.

Jolteon

Andy there should hopefully be a lot of new Brawl blood there lol, me/prof/alpha dash (and today ixis/cong/hoe4u) have been regularly attending a weekly series of Brawl tournaments in Croydon, and today there was like an attendance of 20 or so (all people we don't know), we've spoken to some people and convinced them to come along to the monthly, and we also put a link to the monthlies on their facebook page.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Prof you mentioned AC could potentially house soon and loads of people suggested the night before the monthly? Any news on that?

Top Bottom