• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
To be fair the matchup chart is a mixture of human skill (which develops over time), knowledge (which develops over time) and theory (which develops over time)

And yes a good camping fox is hard for a peach but you're making it sound like 'Camp = Win' when that's far from the case, and yes has a lot of stages to choose from, but despite all the stages peach still has YS, FoD, FD which are her strong points and it doesn't matter how many CP's fox has cos really only 1/2 of those stages will get played in a set.

I still think you're original point is wrong though, theoritically Fox is her wost matchup but not in this current metagame....it's ridiculously hard to stay fully consistant and not getting some silly punishment like the silly CG's, D-Smashes and sorta easy edgeguarding.

CF/Jiggz atm are worst, undeniable :)

Im gonna ask Dujuan to host on Monday/Tuesday....so what's better for people???

Same goes for you, whats better, Tuesday or Monday?
Knowledge and theory go hand in hand, skill does have an effect insofar as we can use examples to prove our point, but that's just a small thing, the matchup itself should assume equal skill since otherwise it wouldn't be x char vs y char.

I definitely don't think "camp=win" since I don't think it's a huge advantage, but then again peach's punish game doesn't = win either, they're just two difficult things both chars have to get around to win.

I definitely don't think Jiggs is the worst, CF maybe but again that's subjective and it'd be silly to say that it's *impossible* for Fox to be her worst in the current metagame.

Tuesday is MUCH better for me (the 27th is my sister's bday).

Tamoo

Smash Master
I'd probably say jiggs is the worst imo, I just can't see what peach can effectively do to jiggs to make it a hard match :/

but I do also agree with the majority of what alex is saying tbh

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's not her worst matchup currently in this meta-game....but saying it's impossible for it to be her worst matchup in this current metagame wouldn't make much sense as current is current and not the future.

And I do know that Peach punish game doesn't = win....BUT that is literally the main thing which holds that matchup from being one sided and allows peach at times **** foxes.

I actually think Tuesday is better for Dujuan from what I remember him saying he has no worj on that day....that is a big 'I THINK' thought and not 'I KNOW'

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It's not her worst matchup currently in this meta-game....but saying it's impossible for it to be her worst matchup in this current metagame wouldn't make much sense as current is current and not the future.

And I do know that Peach punish game doesn't = win....BUT that is literally the main thing which holds that matchup from being one sided and allows peach at times **** foxes.

I actually think Tuesday is better for Dujuan from what I remember him saying he has no worj on that day....that is a big 'I THINK' thought and not 'I KNOW'
Just because there's no results to prove it currently doesn't mean that it can't be her worst matchup in a metagame.

And yeah I know, but my point is that each character's best things in the matchup don't hold all the weight, so it's not like I'm saying camp=win.

Good **** if it is tuesday, lemme know about it later.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I was highly offendded by your post and as a result of it decided to report you, this is Xmas gift from me to you Prof Style :)

Happy Xmas :D

Oh and **** you (and I honestly did actually report you lol)

j3ly

Smash Champion
tamoo do you base that statement purely on hbox v armada? cause hungrybox is just that sick, he is able to be zoned perfectly at all times... over armada and make it look like bair 100% defeats peach. to just bair peach and make it look as effortless as hbox did you need to predict her every move

thats some anomaly shiz yooooo turnips **** puff so does fair/nair oos

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Fair/Nair out of sheild rarely happens in that matchup, espesh at high level lol.....cos the Jiggz rarely spaces that bad to get that.....and even when they do it rarely leads to anythings except just that move.

The Bair spamming and spacing is obviously a problem and the fact that she can take ALOT more risky rests since Peach can't really punish her and recovering for Peach makes the matchup gayer.
There's also very little setups that peach can get from throws or anything in general while there are for Jiggz which put Peach in a bad position.

Turnips are essential for peach in this matchup, but they far from **** Jiggz, they just give her the edge she needs.

So I don't know if you're statement is trying to claim that matchup is even or not in Jiggz favour or not one of Peaches worst, cos it def is.

j3ly

Smash Champion
hell no its clearly in jiggs' favour, but to make it as easy as "I'd probably say jiggs is the worst imo, I just can't see what peach can effectively do to jiggs to make it a hard match :/" you need to be toooo sick to pull that matchup out how hungrybox did. it was 50% spacing 50% knowing where armada was going to be at every moment

and by nair oos i actually meant cancelling a dash into shield and anticipating a bair with nair.

Tamoo

Smash Master
J3ly: No, it's just a gay matchup,

as prof said, it just is, so very gay

jiggs is just too safe in range, peach having very little horizontal speed cannot keep up with a jiggs floating in and out imo

leffen

Smash Champion
You realise that puff can rest peach everytime after the turnip if she just mashes... ( armada has tested it ).

Peach - puff is atleast 65-35, there is literally no way peach should even have time to get a turnip without losing a huge deak of stage control ( armada runs away alot, and hungrybox is almost always dumb enough to still space bairs high up in the air, but it doesnt matter since turnip dont do **** if puff is smart ).

@J3ly, honestly don't even talk about the matchup, its obvious that you dont know **** bout it.
Things like Nair OOS doesnt ever work, peach is so slow and and puff is so fast.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i'd reply with alot of venom but i have no idea who you are. i hope ur happy with ur jiggs bair > all mindset

people forget what a pathetic little ball she is. 3 2 hit combos and she is ready to be blasted. if ur the better player you can manage - leffen dont be so rude to me, stranger, i never argued it is in puffs favour but people cant just brush every peach off their shoulder's automatically because they main puff.

read what i say carefully, then how about replying with a little courtesy. im going to be in this community upwards of 7 years, you never know when you are going to need my crews help to house you/help you at a tournament you are running/take ur region to london/general favours. politness with total strangers goes a long, long way. once again, read what i said (3 posts).

you will find i am in agreement with you anyway, just saying dont assume bair > peach cause hbox did it. the only reason he is able to do it is because he can predict every one of his opponents dashes.

leffen

Smash Champion
lol sorry if i really sounded that rude, i was just sayin - if you haven't faced armada / played that very matchup, its really hard to grasp. the other part was just a general rant to everyone who thinks / thought peach-puff's even.

Honestly I think puff is overrated as fk, esp by armada. Her edgeguarding isnt anywhere close to best in the game, she dies early and goes even /near even with almost all of the cast.
Fox ***** her if played correctly ( not camping with lasers like a fool ), sup uthrow uair true combo till 111% regardless of DI.

My main point is that Peach < bair, and this was known before Hbox did it. And its not so much hbox predicting dashes ( he is overall crappy at handling rush ins - horrible DI etc ) as it is Armada not being able to punish even if Hbox doesnt read him at all, in contrary to fox cf etc. And then peach is slow enough so that you should NEVER predict bair spacing, just react to what he is doing ( hbox fails much at this ).

PS. Dont take me so seriously, I rarely cba changing my posts n i mostly just troll ;) ( though i tend to stay out of the boring prof pro style ).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
so the lesson is never just play one character lol
Obviously it's better to have a wide range of better characters, but the effort and skill that it takes is the hard part and getting both characters up to par with your better character....so yeah it's better, but practicing with your new character could slow down/seize progression with your main.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i dont normally invite people over invite urself init :p anytime just send me a txt and we can either play at mine or wherever i am at the time

u gotta stay at mine the night before the monthly. if u stay at ur own house ur not gnna come!! whatever arrangements you need i can supply but you gotta come up and play tesco

Moddy

Smash Rookie
Prof - He lives near Reedham station but it turns out that he ends work latish on that day which is pretty gay cos it's near new years I think they want to make everyone work or something like that.

Anyway I hope someone can host something....preferably in South.

smakis

Smash Ace
You realise that puff can rest peach everytime after the turnip if she just mashes... ( armada has tested it ).

Notice the :awesome:?

:awesome:

on something unrelated, missed my flight (**** you swedish railways)

had to pay an extra 300 euro to get home

Top Bottom