• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL Yeah that combo/tech video is pretty sick, part of it makes me want to start practicing tech skill again since I NEVER actually do anymore....like literally never, prob have actually sat at home like twice this year and played smash by myself....oh well my tech skill is still pretty legit :)

smakis

Smash Ace
booked for this monthly, as long as the weather gods doesn't **** me up again ill see you next weekend =)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
not sure if I'll be coming to this... I've spent too much on Smash recently and I'm not in the mood for it anymore...

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Boo Bmac just give it a few days or if its bad a week or two :p then you'll be back in no time. Kinda got this feeling through your texts, sucks

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Is enough really recorded outside of WF, LF and GF though? It could just end up as the best of Fuzz, Prof and VA.
Well it was more wishful thinking then actually looking to make a full commitment to the idea but technically it could be done, just because we only have two recording equipments nothing technically limits us to only recording certain stages of the bracket, the recording equipment should be set up from the BEGINNING and should be used under requested or free TV terms....

This way other people except for the obvious who make it far in the bracket can get recorded, which is how it should of been, like we should really start recording from Pools.....

UNREAL'S NUMBER - 07943062295

I thought you lot were best buddies, time to step up the friendship.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i'd bring my setup.. if i had a little *rubs fingers* motivation to help me along

serious tho the risk of it getting broken/stolen massively outweighs having a 2nd setup to me, as i would not be with it at any given point.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Edited post with Unreal's number incase you didn't see.

And it's gay about you not bringing your recording setup as that would be mad helpful but at the same time I kinda understand I guess.

X1-12

Smash Champion
We should do like we did at GT3, assign matches/pools to TVs randomly and then whoever gets drawn on that TV gets their match recorded.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't know why the 'TV assigning' has gone down the drain at the last few events....it was like the most useful thing ever which helps sieve at the friendlies from the tournament games and saves silly amounts of times and also forces people who don't play their games to be pointed out a lot easier.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I don't know why the 'TV assigning' has gone down the drain at the last few events....it was like the most useful thing ever which helps sieve at the friendlies from the tournament games and saves silly amounts of times and also forces people who don't play their games to be pointed out a lot easier.
im going to be doing it, jsut seem so much easier...

Tamoo

Smash Master
Some people need to help out with uploading. I can record all I want but my upload speed is sooo slow which makes it effort to upload and unattractive to record in the first place :/
I can bring an external hard drive and lend it to people with vids on them if they'll upload it (if they're a londoner so I can get it back easier)

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
For recording of pools look at pools and record pools with possible interesting matches?

If we have enough equipment we should def start recording from beginning of bracket at least.

Anyone who has a good recording equipment but has slow upload or something you can let me take the recording on my external seeing as my recording equip half the time is useless lol

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
really the tv manager is easy to use and there's no reason why we should have stopped using it lol

/e btw thanks for the fest today jj

j3ly

Smash Champion
me and lewis are (probably) gnna play smash later, if 1 more person wants to come (totteridge and whetstone on the northern line) lemme know

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I said I'd do the uploading if you give me the vids on the day

im tempted j3ly but I should do uni work really, It'd make my journey easy to Euston in the morning too :/

Zengar

Smash Cadet
Anybody down to play some melee this weekend? Those pound V vids got me hyype..

I live near Southwark station, and I don't have a set-up, just a controller

RandomMarthScrub

Smash Cadet
Yo Charles i aint coming to this London Monthly, and i know about 7-8 pp, that arent going either, you should change it to Melee only for this one, jus sayin.

RandomMarthScrub

Smash Cadet
lol if u still want Brawl Charles can host, doesn't make a difference to me, i just know some ppl that aren't going, top3 defo aren't.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
neither am i, if i was going to london, it would be for OMFG ken sugimori and pokemon director stuff signing copies of pkmn black and white march 4th!
****ing hell its on friday -__-

Trio3!

Smash Cadet
Don't think i can go to this, been out of it too long, might come down sometime in the future though.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I might have to increase venue fee by £1 or 50p at this if the turnout is too small ~_~ we'll see on the day

hate losing money lol

there has to be 40 people in order for me to break even with £3 venue fee

j3ly

Smash Champion
Adam's tournament fund

well, im broke so i need confirmed MM's that i know i wont lose so i can enter the tournament!

Jolteon - you suggested a 5er vs my jiggs?
Tamoo - you suggest 2 MM's, fox + falco vs my jiggs?

that should about cover it. if i lose ill borrow money to pay for the mm, but hahahaha cmon.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I might not even be able to come cos march is gonna be an expensive month for me so def not doing any mms unless it's a free win lol,

And lool your jiggs isn't good enough to put confirmed money on it against anyone, esp against Alex who actually knows how to play that matchup. A jiggs who doesn't know what to do against a good shiek is just gonna get trashed man, trust I speak from experience.

Top Bottom