• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
When I see the word Pro in the middle of sentences is extremely confusing as I think someone is talking about me lol.

Also that Unreal guy was a noob, he had no stars by his name.

VA

Smash Hero
If we ditch doubles (which I personally think we should), then there is no reason we can't finish two brackets in one day.

I disagree with your point of playing the good players Tamoo. Either you know you have a chance against us or you're just an idiot travelling to get ***** by the better smashers.

I think if we had less pools that were larger, with a smaller rate of players advancing that it would be the best value for money.

Potential entrants for a monthly, 30:

5 pools of 6, top 2 advance = 10 players in the pro bracket.

then play a single elimination bracket for the amateur in order to determine a top 6/8 to go through into the amateur bracket.

I am massively in favour of doing smaller pro brackets with better match ups all round rather than a larger one with more boring fixed result games.

Also this must be accompanied by changes in the general running of our events. We will NOT use all the TVs for tournament matches, thus keeping some available for friendlies. This means that you can either watch the amateur bracket matches or play friendlies if you are waiting. Personally I'd be interested to watch some of the amateur bracket and wouldn't be up for playing friendlies all the time even though the option would be there.

The overhaul to these would be a good thing, and all discussion about it is a good thing too. So keep ideas and thoughts coming everyone.

P.S doubles is pointless, because whoever I team with wins and it's boring :p

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol at when people use the phrase 'getting you down' 'i got x down to 1 stock'

in a friendly u shud save ur opponents

VA

Smash Hero
ew, no way.

I did an 80% combo to beast yesterday in friendlies to start the match, I missed my dair with falco and he tried to edgehog me to punish me for messing up.

THAT is how you play a friendly.

P.S he ****ed up and I killed him for it. JUSTICE.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
there is friendlies and there is seriouslies

since everyone is trying to beat others no time for fun all serious business loool

also lol at charles talking behind va back at beast and him finding out later

VA

Smash Hero
there is friendlies and there is seriouslies

since everyone is trying to beat others no time for fun all serious business loool

also lol at charles talking behind va back at beast and him finding out later
It is funny. I know this goes on and usually I'd do it back because I know he always does. Stupidly I thought he wouldn't be telling my best friend I'm **** behind my back, but surprise surprise he was. I didn't say anything bad about Charles the whole tournament but it makes me think I should have.

So dumb, even trashtalking me to Hack. It's so lame, me and Prof will make a better team at international level anyway.

VA

Smash Hero
loooooool

what was he actually saying ,

to be honest thats abit low i can understand if you wasnt teaming for beast

but you was , also repersenting UK aswell

bad sportsmanship
beast was saying that he tried to tell him that I'm **** and how much better prof is or something.

I have no idea what he said to Hack but he was talking to him and probably being salty after I lost cos I told him to stop talking to me during the match because his coaching was useless.

Basically I try to be nice to Charles and he's still a ****, I can't be bothered.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It is funny. I know this goes on and usually I'd do it back because I know he always does. Stupidly I thought he wouldn't be telling my best friend I'm **** behind my back, but surprise surprise he was. I didn't say anything bad about Charles the whole tournament but it makes me think I should have.

So dumb, even trashtalking me to Hack. It's so lame, me and Prof will make a better team at international level anyway.
Fuck bad sportmanship....that's just straight up snakey lol.
Espesh to your best friend like your friend isn't going to go and say something to you or percieve the person he is recieving the messages from in a negative way....I think Charles says stuff without fully thinking of what it makes him look like lol.

beast was saying that he tried to tell him that I'm **** and how much better prof is or something.

I have no idea what he said to Hack but he was talking to him and probably being salty after I lost cos I told him to stop talking to me during the match because his coaching was useless.

Basically I try to be nice to Charles and he's still a ****, I can't be bothered.
lol See this is what i'm never like after anything.....there's no benefit behind pblasting your team partner and i've heard Charles coaching throughout matches....it's really annoying and it's like you already know what to do and hearing it is just making it worse

BUT the most ironic thing is that Charles doesn't like receiving any information during his matches either when he his concentrating and i've seen him get annoyed at it.....so why would you do something that annoys you to someonelse lol.

Yeah that was me lol

The reason why i don't have 3 stars is becuase i couldn't be bothered finishing every GP in the game.:)
More like you can't finish them off.....I used to look up to you in Mario Kart Wii.....now you're just the average joe :urg:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeahhhh I know definitely know you're not mad at him lol.

But I know it must of bothered you like he would have anyone (espesh me, you reacted better then I would have)

BUT I agree......Let the 'Profanity' (As Alpha Dash likes to say lol) reign BEGIN.....I think on an international level we would do good so i'm definitely looking to make the next EU event if it's far enough lol :)

I think I will prob use the money I win from this event in contribution to my passport thing.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
robby I said im not sure about prof in teams cause of SNY until he proves it

what I said about you was I felt that if you were a bit stronger we couldve beat a lot of the teams. Sometimes I felt we lost matches because of you, I know its selfish but when playing against armada I felt that :/ especially when you SD'd

Against Ice's team you did a good job and we stuck to our plan of pushing them to the corner when I was playing falcon. But sadly due to the horrible matchups the peach is most dependant in that situation

Its annoying to have to worry about your team partner,its so amazing when both are on par

If you dont wanna team with me I'll team with pasi, its no problem

theres nothing wrong with stating my opinion, but I didnt say you were **** lol. You're deffo good in teams but you just gotta step up a lil bit more <3 same for me tho

VA

Smash Hero
I heard it differently Fuzz and I know I didn't play my best in some matches.

But still, if you think those things, find a good way to express and tell me.

Also it's not cool to hear from Hack that you were saying **** about me.

Don't worry about it, and we'll see what happens in the future.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well thats my two pense lol

I'd tell you the same **** in person

I know I did a lot of **** stuff in teams myself, especially against double shiek, I just couldnt hold myself as well as we did against other teams as the only way I could get something on them was to bait their jumps :/

Against armada's team I wasnt focusing on aniolas at all and being cocky about him not being good as always :/ so he was racking up damage on me. Way more focused on armada cause I knew I could hit him with no problem

VA

Smash Hero
We both lost matches, you doing that bair that you think has frames from the edge which obviously doesn't. But I didn't complain because it was your decision to do that.

I don't think you said everything to my face that you said to other people, but like I said I'm over it. We were a good team and I think we both played well in different matches.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The main problem I think is the way you approach the situation Charles.....like you going to Beast and saying **** about him....you say you would have said it to his face but the main issue is that you didn't and that it was unnecessary to say anything in the first place....and the person who you said it to which was his best friend, which any information he recieves back on the subject he will see as 100% reliable.

And also the whole getting annoyed at your team partner during doubles and coaching in the style which I know you coach people at times (which is usually very condescending) isn't beneficial in any sort of way....that's all im gonna say....either way im ****** at whatever event im going to.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah, I had issues with stuff Charles did but it was not constructive to say, so I didn't say it.

Anyway lets drop this now as it doesn't look good for our community.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, i come back to find you melee-ers argueing about something. why so srs, really?
its a game, pick sheik adn do ftilt>fair all game, auto win gaiz

j3ly

Smash Champion
brado - a london travelcard will take u to finsbury park, where u can get an express train to hatfield. u can pay if u like but nobody else is going to, shouldn't get checked that late

ps adrian me and lewis are probably gnna go back to my end and check sum1, maybe not but highly probable

Brado

Smash Lord
I think it'd be easier if I just stayed in London cause I'll be buying specific coach times, so I'll try and find somewhere else to stay. Thanks for the offer though guyyzzz

j3ly

Smash Champion
hatfields only 20 mins from london and it would deffo be te best practise for you, but each to their own

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
So who's gonna do what before the monthly, I know that a lot of you want to play before the Monthly and also J3ly wants to play me to clarify for himself that I have improved since he doesn't believe that I have lol.

So someone should setup up something....Tamoo any chance in you doing a big smashfest like last time or does that require your parents to be on holiday or whatever they were last time lol.

Or can anyonelse setup anything???

Im gonna try and get AD to do something a specific day though like Saturday or 2moro and who thinks they can make it....hopefully J3ly, Deathgazer, Jolteon, Tamoo or people of those types (others can come so just ask, prob a max of 7)

j3ly

Smash Champion
unreal can get to dujuans really easy

dont think adrian will go there under many circumstances tho, ask him

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well Edwin nothing is actually stopping you from going except for you not going yourself....

So why don't try and come, and I MIGHT be able to go on the 21st, but it would mean I would have to leave early on Sunday since my dance class starts at 7pm and I would want to go home first.

But obvious it depends on who wants to go with me and Money obviously....but with Pasta and Cheese and Noodles I should be alright lol :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
dance class? really?
if someone was having a fest i would attempt to come down, but i still have exams to cram for around then (last one is 26th) just for lolz

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
DUJUAN CAN HOST TOMORROW!!!

Who thinks they can make it, it will be from 1-2pmish till LATE like 3am if you want (unless you're getting trained which you have to leave earlier obviously)

So who thinks they can come, he lives right next to a train station so it's really convienent and I can direct you if you have trouble even though you really shouldn't.

Golden-Psyco - Yeah dance class lol.
From sunday till tuesday I do it.

Top Bottom