• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

smakis

Smash Ace
loool Pretty impressive, similar to Smakis except for he can't do (or I haven't seen) him do the wavedash on the platform thing that Wobbles also did in that other video.

Handoffs = Gay lol

Where is Canterbury though, because I know a place in South London (which is near me :bee:) called Canterbury but I doubt you will be there.
Oh I can do it (pretty easy), just that there is no need since a wobble/blizzobble is much safer =)

and I prefer > popo backthrow > wavedash nana grab towards the edge > handoffs > blizzobble > wobble on fox =), much sexier

and ya, my grabgame is da beast

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Canterbury is far southeast UK. University of Kent

You guys are very welcoming, can't wait to be there!

j3ly

Smash Champion
isnt it allowed just for the lulz? its not like every1 is gnna switch to IC's, and its alot not like it will affect placings too much. just a spot here and there for people who get grabbed.

ofc if peef wobbles fuzzyness to victory, be sure that it'll be illegal again ^^
i thought it was wobbling is fine at nationals, but not at monthlies. monthlies are a time for improvement so wobbling goes directly against that

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
what the hell lol, half that post is so irrelevant. how does wobbling inhibit improvement? and no, it's not allowed for the lulz.

rustediron

Smash Lord
what the hell lol, half that post is so irrelevant. how does wobbling inhibit improvement? and no, it's not allowed for the lulz.
I agree, j3ly wtf?

Surely if monthlies were 'for improvement' (which I don't think they are, really), then we should make the rules the same as for the nationals we're improving towards :S

Otherwise you might end up improving your combo'ing skills in monthlies, just to get wobbled to **** in nationals because you suck at not getting grabs :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Canterbury is far southeast UK. University of Kent

You guys are very welcoming, can't wait to be there!
Sounds really good lol :)
And I was watching a few of your videos and Me and Fuzzyness were impressed by your consistency so we already know you are good and definitely looking forward to playing you :)

Also I saw you in some videos with Hungrybox and Husband so i'm guessing you've got some good experience against some of the top players in the world.

Hopefully you stick around for this tournament called SNY2 which is in August next year (A European tournament in the UK) which has gained alot of interest in America and Hungrybox said he is actually likely to be there along with Silent Wolf, Eggz, BluntedObject and Zhu said he was interested and a few other Americans, but yeah it will definitely be fun when you come to :)

isnt it allowed just for the lulz? its not like every1 is gnna switch to IC's, and its alot not like it will affect placings too much. just a spot here and there for people who get grabbed.

ofc if peef wobbles fuzzyness to victory, be sure that it'll be illegal again ^^
i thought it was wobbling is fine at nationals, but not at monthlies. monthlies are a time for improvement so wobbling goes directly against that
Why would something be allowed for the lulz in a serious tournament/monthly lol :confused:

And why would wobbling be banned because someone beat Fuzzyness with it, like Fuzzyness is the marker for when something is allowed lol.

Also there's no real evidence that supports Wobbling doesn't help you improve at Monthlies won't help you improve, in some cases it actually can because it will force your opponent to play safer because they know the punishment, and force the IC's to get safe and reliable grabs as if they get despearate with it, they get punished.

Either way your opinion isn't going to change anything which is kinda funny sooo....IT'S STAYING ON!!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I agree banning wobbling was the worst decision in competitive Melee.

And saying "if PEEF beats X then wobbling is broken" is really bad logic. Might as well blame the win on the IC's wavedash which will undoubtedly be one of the keys to my win. Or perhaps my utilt (which I think is the ICs best move).

You don't shape the rule to meet your conception of who you think should beat who.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well since you will be here for awhile I will pre-warn you that J3ly is known for saying really stupid things like that and coming up with logic which rarely makes sense and having silly point of views which contradict themselves and have a ******** vision because according to him this looks like a deformed vagina (true story)

So when he talks just smile and say 'That's nice J3ly :)'

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Got it.

You guys should set up a big tournament for when I will be here, because I won't be here in August =[

I will be here mid-Jan to Mid june...of 2012. IDK if you guys all understood that but its over a year away. As in by this time NEXT year I will be packing my things to go =P

Quite awhile away.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol Well i'm PRETTY sure there will definitely be a National going on between January and June.

There's like a big National every 3 Months or so, so there DEFINITELY won't be a time during the time limit you are here where you won't get to attend a UK National lol, but anyway there's ALWAYS a London Monthly (prob be about 4-5 during your stay) going on which usually has the attendance of the best people in the UK so atleast when you go to them you will still get to play everyone.

And the Monthlies have a turn out of like 65ish (Melee and Brawl combined) with about 20 TV's so you will UNDOUBTABLY be attending an event with a decent amount of people and the top poeple in the UK during your stay.

VA

Smash Hero
I won't make dec 18th, way more likely to make jan 15th.

Also people go to my thread for smashfest.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
dec/jan is an iffy period in general because of exams :s I prob won't go to anything in late Dec/early Jan.

Tamoo

Smash Master
As Alex said, late dec/jan is a pretty out of bounds kinda period and that is like the one weekend i'm giving myself off

And george may be coming down to mine that weekend anyway which woulda worked out pretty good overall

Although it is rather close to GT4

smakis

Smash Ace
dunno about january but i definitely can't come for december (going back to sweden for vacation on the seventeenth). oh well, hopefully january turns out alright

Top Bottom