• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash UK Discussion Thread - Check first post for tournaments, facebook info and videos!

craiigg

Smash Lord
lol va asking about me, i still suxors in tourny but its all good i preferred kickin it and havin some friendlies =)
jiggs and ic's, my luck is good

@ J3LY - parting my falcos buttcheeks? now that aint happenin boyo. i may do bad in tournament but you aint takin my pride that way fool. falco dittoz when im next in london, ill de-rust and come for you cocky **** =P

(nice meetin u all tescofam! thanks for the zut!!

i might do shoutouts, cant really be ***** tho so GGs everyone, was good fun

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol the winner of me and deathgazers games comes PURELY down to who plays better/chokes less

there can be no splitting in the level of skill, as we both have the advantage of throwing off our opponents due to strange styles and both adapt very well

@ J3LY - parting my falcos buttcheeks? now that aint happenin boyo. i may do bad in tournament but you aint takin my pride that way fool. falco dittoz when im next in london, ill de-rust and come for you cocky **** =P
BUT what you have to realise is that as you advance, tesco bares the sigil of raid improvement - increases improvement rating by 300%. so you see, your point is invalid, and your statement impossible.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol 300%.. you guys still need to man up if thats 300%

tamoo hugely impressed me tho, stepped up when he needed to and beat edwin

when people start beating the top 4 then I'll be impressed :)

Crab.Man

Smash Cadet
Shout outs

I agree with most of what has been said so there will be very little interesting to read in this post however i shall post none the less

Tamoo - well done in singles obviously but also doubles was alot of fun. I hope you didn't mind me standing in as a poor mans L-J haha

Smakis - Sucks to be in Ireland really smash wise, but then on the other hand you get to play armada when you are at home so there will be no pity coming your way from me

Alpha dash - friendlies were fun sorry for my lack of communication

JJlinyard - gg's you made my hands sweat alot haha

Jolteon - Really campy game from both sides but still fun

Prof - Thanks for teaching me to moonwalk with fox lol

J3ly - gg

Ben - how come we didn't play?

Fuzz - The usual thanks for keeping the melee scene active

KingNDJ - fun friendlies

Hugo - fun friendlies

Sorry to anyone i missed

Tamoo

Smash Master
Shoutouts,

First Charles: thanks again for housing, running the tournament and generally everything. appreciate it as always. Unlucky on not winning for once but there's always next time. Just work out what you wanna do for next time, I know you've given it a bit of thought already. You could probably tell i was a bit demotivated by the time we got to the second set hence the marth but that was more just mental fatigue, been through a lot that day. I'll be better than ever next time we play, watch out lol!

Aaron: Firstly, which **** players am i losing to exactly lol? Worst person to beat me in a set recently is joe, and he's not exactly awful haha. Anyway very well played in the final. Some of the stuff u were pulling out of ur arse almost made me drool lol.

Edwin: Man that was a tense final match. Don't put yourself so much, you're incredibly smart and you managed to drain every bit of mental energy from me just trying to keep up with you. And lol, if you're offering 4th best in UK, i'll take it haha ;)

J3ly: My word i was nervous as hell, we both obviously were which proved for a very defensive game. As i said earlier, your defence is amongst the best i've ever played against, what i think we both gotta work on though is keeping the pressure on after a hit. Our match was very much i hit then you hit, coulda swung either way. And i'd def be up for attending your fests once my exams are over, in a month or so i'm gonna try and get as much smash in me as possible.

Craig: You're way too pro at 64 man, and i'd be more than up for learning from ya, will probs wait until after my exams cos i'll have quite a bit of time on my hands.

Smakis: You're such an IRL troll haha, was cool hanging out with ya last couple of days. Very impressed with ya ICs tho, done things to me nobody's ever done to me, i felt truly violated :(

Unreal: great improvement from last time, still a lot of things to work on ofc but def getting there. First off, it's jiggs you're playing, i think you were playing overly aggressive as marth. Watch a bit of falcomist vs jiggs if you get the time, i like his vs jiggs game.

Bishkin: So much improvement it's crazy, we'll def do our mm next time when im in a better frame of mind. Also hope you've learnt that you should jsut keep confidence in your main rather than go fox like last time.

Ben: def playing you next time, not taking no for an answer :p

Alpha dash: I reaaaally wasn't avoiding ya haha, you can understand me not wanting to play at that time in case you did win your match and we had to play. I'll make sure to get a good amount of games next time. Also, I think you're one of the most naturally talented at doubles in the UK. Always thinking for the team rather than the individual.

JJL: Need to play you too, ur jiggs experience really helps me out a lot. Also, def keep hold of Alpha Dash for doubles, you two could go far together, just need a bit more synergy i reckon. (And join Tesco ofc)

Deathgazer: One and a half matches is not enough!!! Really gotta play you more, was looking forward to this for a while.

Hugo: Playing you always helps me tonnes, you're playstyle pretty much directly counters mine.

Sean: Cheers for teaming on short notice, i reckon we really coulda pushed for 2nd place but it just didn't happen i guess.

Alex: Was very impressed in doubles, prof is right, he wasn't carrying at all, when it's easy to let a better player take control, you were giving just as much trouble.

PMS: Your samus is sooo different and innovative, enjoyed playing it, got ***** by bombs haha

Tescojunior: Well, for your first tournament, you probably know what it took me like half a year to learn so you're in good stead for the future, just make sure you make the most of the crew you have around you.

The reason I didn't use jiggs much in friendlies is that my biggest weakness atm is that playing as jiggs drains me so much cos im constantly having to think, otherwise i just bair spam which is never fun to play against lol.

And Coey, that is so right, i remember when i first entered the community and was constantly playing hugo's marth, i never thought i'd win a match ever. the matchup has come a long way in a short period of time.

Also, for the record, tescomonster is unreal, tesconeite is j3ly, tescosix is deathgazer and tescofour is kingndj

And thanks for the kind words guys :)

j3ly

Smash Champion
i find my main plays better if i go marth/fox all day then whip mario out without a warmup. a little ritual which has gone well for me at all fests and tourneys. we should marth ditto, its probably my 4th best matchup after mario vs fox/falco/falcon/(yoshi). i feel we could learn alot from eachother as we have never played any friendlies.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
hello England !
I would need housing in London on august 5th (arriving very late at Stansted) and also on the 15th (leaving on the 16th quite early).
I would leave for birmingham on the 6th of august somewhere in the afternoon, haven't booked the coach yet.
thx

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Aaron: Firstly, which **** players am i losing to exactly lol? Worst person to beat me in a set is joe, and he's not exactly awful haha. Anyway very well played in the final. Some of the stuff u were pulling out of ur arse almost made me drool lol.
Well **** isn't the word to describe the players I was reffering to lol but by that I meant you struggle with people like Deathgazer, The amazing Alpha Dash :) and a few others but then you also struggle with some of the top people.

I think you play very specific to certain people, meaning you're not like one of the top people who just batter everyone below them lol...it varies between people :confused:

Tamoo

Smash Master
hehe yeah i meant recently, like last couple of months or so

and thats fair enough prof, i'd have to agree. Had to come back from 1-0 down from three sets today, so i don't exactly batter my opponents lol. Guess that means i adapt well? I dunno

j3ly

Smash Champion
jona dark - i watch you and your friends vids all the time, i think a cuple of u are subbed to me. i would be happy to house you! get in touch!

tamoo - i am exactly the same, its either **** them 2 games, or the first is a close loss followed by 2 adapted wins. i think its a good thing

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
Like who? anyonelse can easily said the same thing.
Imagine this... i could easily say if i purposly lost to pms just so i could anvance to face you in losers brackets knowing that I do well against falcos that could have potentially affect your placement.
ALSO REMEMBER prof did say i was purposly entered to face fuzzy just for the mere fact that i come up against him in every monthly/tournament. otherwise i could also say i would ahve placed higher.
wanna do something about it learn to beat j3ly its that real

lol thats because I'm (NOW) UK's original ICs
yer but i was playing some friendlies with people that placed above me that i didnt play in tounament and i was winning the majority, against you i wouldve probably went fox,

I also had to play against Fuzzy in brackets. Its like if I decided to main ics for a month, i would be able to beat your ICs. How well would you do without your chaingrabs against my ICs? do you want a MM against my fox because i could just shine ko your ICs all day. Doesn't require much skill, Its cheap but thats what people do if they want to win. you could even MM my ICs if you want.

i didnt play pms in the end cos i read the brackets wrong anyway.

Gantz ak-47

Smash Journeyman
Prof: BANKAI! i knew u was going to beat that falcon because u play me.
well done tamoo for beating that edwin.
ALPHA CRAP DASH: IF U EVER SAY THAT U CANT GET BEAT BY ANOTHER FOX APART FROM PROF AGAIN, I WILL MAKE IT MY PERSONAL GOAL TO 4 STOCK YOU!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
ALPHA CRAP DASH: IF U EVER SAY THAT U CANT GET BEAT BY ANOTHER FOX APART FROM PROF AGAIN, I WILL MAKE IT MY PERSONAL GOAL TO 4 STOCK YOU!!
LOOOOL!!! OOC BABY.

We don't give an EFF and we attack each other.

Yeah I was playing no games with anyone this tournament :bee:
I wouldn't have been able to beat him if it wasn't for the practice I got with OOC obviously......and i'm looking forward to GT3 cos you're ACTUALLY GONNA **** SOOOO HARD cos your improving a bit tooooo much lol.
Just don't choke and you will actually dominate all these mid-top people.

I still need to show you a few more gay stuff with fox :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
yer but i was playing some friendlies with people that placed above me that i didnt play in tounament and i was winning the majority, against you i wouldve probably went fox,

I also had to play against Fuzzy in brackets. Its like if I decided to main ics for a month, i would be able to beat your ICs. How well would you do without your chaingrabs against my ICs? do you want a MM against my fox because i could just shine ko your ICs all day. Doesn't require much skill, Its cheap but thats what people do if they want to win. you could even MM my ICs if you want.

i didnt play pms in the end cos i read the brackets wrong anyway.
good luck to you, again if you practice for a month you'll be able to beat me? you've been practicing for years, and come on I play prof and gantz on a regula basis, 2 very good fox mains, i know what to expect even if youre shine spamming. but hey i wont take your dream away from you.

WTF? you stupid boy, you couldnt even 4 stock me in your dreams! why the hell are you sending for me and why have you not been representing OOC!

LOOOOL!!! OOC BABY.

We don't give an EFF and we attack each other.

Yeah I was playing no games with anyone this tournament :bee:
I wouldn't have been able to beat him if it wasn't for the practice I got with OOC obviously......and i'm looking forward to GT3 cos you're ACTUALLY GONNA **** SOOOO HARD cos your improving a bit tooooo much lol.
Just don't choke and you will actually dominate all these mid-top people.

I still need to show you a few more gay stuff with fox :)
yeah and he needs to stop losing to mario and then maybe he'll be up there. I KNOW J3ly thinks he's better than gantz right about now. And he always let Bullet Bill psyke him out by saying "all you can do is shine" then he tries stupid **** and lose the match! :mad:
BB tried that same **** on me in teams by saying "all you do is down smash!" I DONT CARE I STILL EFFIN DOWN SMASHED HIS *** AND WON THE FRIGGIN MATCH :chuckle: (also credit to JJLinyard).

Tamoo

Smash Master
Charles: haha I was sooo physically sick after drinking half of thatin one go I never wanted to see it again!

Hugo: bring it boy! Mm next tournament

Joe: that ain't necessary Man, I like coming up to man, not tht expensive. Will def make the trip after my exams if you hold something

Retroking2000

Smash Master
good luck to you, again if you practice for a month you'll be able to beat me? you've been practicing for years, and come on I play prof and gantz on a regula basis, 2 very good fox mains, i know what to expect even if youre shine spamming. but hey i wont take your dream away from you.

WTF? you stupid boy, you couldnt even 4 stock me in your dreams! why the hell are you sending for me and why have you not been representing OOC!

yeah and he needs to stop losing to mario and then maybe he'll be up there. I KNOW J3ly thinks he's better than gantz right about now. And he always let Bullet Bill psyke him out by saying "all you can do is shine" then he tries stupid **** and lose the match! :mad:
BB tried that same **** on me in teams by saying "all you do is down smash!" I DONT CARE I STILL EFFIN DOWN SMASHED HIS *** AND WON THE FRIGGIN MATCH :chuckle: (also credit to JJLinyard).
srsly looool loving the exchange of words between death and alpha you should MM at gt3 no have to I would definitely watch that !!also about jely being better than gantz i dunno about that its a tough one just gerenally a player would have more exp vs a fox than a mario not that im defending or anything but like all disputes MM LMAO at the dsmashes

Deathgazer

Smash Ace

youve been playing prof for a year, thats why when i went fox, i took a stock of you only using shines, you mightve expected it, but you didnt really do anything about it.. ICs arnt even hard to use, you really only need wavedash to D smash, Wavedash OOS => grab, and learn a few chaingrabs , spamming B whn theyre at a distance, use a finishing move whne their at high percentage and hey, you have an ICs that can get 9th place at a monthly. Most of the time, id say its the match-up problem, people dont play ICs on a regular basis and arnt used to it.
and if you tell me to learn it? tbh id rather spend that time to improve my matchups against real characters.

Ive only been playing competetively for just over a year, and with ATs for 2 years. Its not really that long compared to how active the scene was back then.

rustediron

Smash Lord
Hugo: bring it boy! Mm next tournament
Can't make the next one unfortunately, will be in Japan again, but when do your exams finish? Me, L-J and Jack will probably be around in Cambridge till the 20th (though possibly kinda busy) if you fancy coming up?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Can't make the next one unfortunately, will be in Japan again, but when do your exams finish? Me, L-J and Jack will probably be around in Cambridge till the 20th (though possibly kinda busy) if you fancy coming up?
hmm, that 20th of june? If so, won't be able to make it, got exams till the 29th :/

When are you back from japan? We should def have a crew thing before SNY if you're back before then

J03

Smash Master
im having a fest at mine on the 12th followed by the England match followed by beer, definitely a good weekend if anyones interested, its in Manchester like but invites there lol.

Top Bottom