• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Tourney New Paltz, NY March 10th---by RSVP ONLY---Potential Wii up for grabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bros Melee Tourney---------by RSVP ONLY------------Potential Wii up for grabs!
SUNY New Paltz Campus
Gage Hall Basement lounge March 10th
2v2 then 1v1
Doubles starts at noon, singles starts soon after doubles is done.
People can arrive as early as 11AM for practice/warm-up

$20 entry for singles
$20 per team entry for doubles ($10 each)

Since its only one room and I’m signing it out for the day, it has to be capped for the amount of people coming. Based on the size and the amount of TVs it can hold, I decided on a 50 person cap on this tourney. This way theres a good amount of room, and it will be a lot more comfortable than the holes in the wall we are used to. There are 7 outlets (2 plugs per outlet) in the lounge, so 7 TVs/cubes could be hooked up easily. With surge protectors, there could easily be up to twice that many, which could allow for a good amount of tvs for friendlys on the side. The lounge has one TV, and me and Adam could each bring another, making 3 total. More tvs/cubes would need to be brought.

A great part of this tourney is that whatever the pot ends up being (50 people = $1000), that is how much the prize pot will be. Since my lounge isn’t a store, there won’t be ANY money taken out for any reason.

I intend to pay through even 5th since I hope the pot will be pretty large. (first doesn’t need like $700) This way there will be more winners than just the usual three people walking away with money.

If there is DEFINITELY a large enough turnout (30 or more RSVP by March 7th), the first prize for singles will be a Nintendo wii system. I would spot the money to get the wii (if enough people are definitely attending), and the leftover cash would be used to pay for 2nd place, 3rd place, and so on.

Gage hall basement lounge
1010 hawk drive
New Paltz, NY 12561

Driving directions from 87
Take the RT-299 W exit- EXIT 18- toward NEW PALTZ
Turn LEFT onto NY-299 W / MAIN ST.
Turn LEFT on 32 after the middle school at the intersection with the bank.
Follow past the big parking lot on the left, and make the last right onto campus immediately after the white fence. Follow the road across the bridge, and continue straight at the stop sign. My dorm is GAGE, the one on the right after the stop sign.
For parking, continue straight and make a left at the next stop sign. The lot to your right is your best bet. (WEST lot). The large glass doors of Gage hall at ground level by the dumpster look right into the tourney room. Just knock on the glass and someone will let you in.

Closest train station to new paltz is Poughkeepsie. I could make one trip out there to get a few people, but my car only holds five. If train is your only option, get in touch with me earlier than saturday, or get in touch with other people going that are driving.

Another option is the bus station right in town. www.trailwaysny.com My dorm is a minute or two drive from here, but I will happily shuttle people back and forth if necessary. This is your best choice if you are coming from the city. Just take from Port Authority and its direct route to New Paltz.

Contacts: EMAIL CHRIS TO RSVP or ask any other questions
Chris (reject) peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu cell: (516)864-9187 aim: imareject45

Since myself and Adam are both in, the first 48 people to email ME back with a definite RSVP will be able to enter. I’m sorry, since it is not my room or my property, I cannot have extra people coming by. (50 is probably pushing it as it is :psycho: )

MLG Rules

Singles and doubles seeding will be random by a tournament computer program.
There will be pools if there are close to 50 people to narrow it down to a 32 person bracket.

Double elimination

Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story, Mute city, Corneria

Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium

Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Terminal Bay and Yoshi’s Island 64

Doubles breakdown:
50% 25% 15% 10%
1st 2nd 3rd 4th

Singles breakdown: TBA (because of the turnout and the variable of the wii as a prize)

RSVP IS MANDTORY

My resident director is allowing all this with an unheard of ZERO% taken from the pot. He only asks for a list of everyone’s name that is attending. This is another reason why RSVP is mandatory. He is being kind enough to allow this, we have to respect this single wish.

RSVP to Chris with the following
- Definite plans to attend
- First and last real name
- Smash name
- Whether or not you can bring a TV/cube

• TO SECURE YOUR SPOT, EMAIL ME
• ONLY ONCE I RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH THE INFO ABOVE WILL YOU BE ADDED TO THE RSVP LIST
• ANYONE NOT ON THE LIST CANNOT ENTER

If anything changes, contact me as soon as possible so that your spot can be given to people waiting.

RSVP by March 7th so I could know whether or not to get the Wii.

Thanks, hope to see (all 50 of you) here!

Chris Peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu

RSVP list:
Reject
coin chaser
Teh debaser
DJ nintendo
WarriorKnight.
Phish-it
Barbino
Sol
Ky
PAYNE
Alejandro P
Hazzard
Superryan
Xbar
encyecricket
mack daddy
Rubar
Emblem Lord
Soanevalck
copycat

Werdnabirdna

Smash Rookie
I just texted you, i'd like to RSVP me and one of my friends, anything else, respond to the AIM i gave you in the text... thank you

Werdnabirdna

Smash Rookie
I did not see this RSVP info, this is all real

- Definite plan to attend
- First and last real name: Andrew Katz and Danny Paik
- Smash name None... I could make one if absoultely necessary
- Whether or not you can bring a TV/cube: I can bring a cube if needed.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I did not see this RSVP info, this is all real

- Definite plan to attend
- First and last real name: Andrew Katz and Danny Paik
- Smash name None... I could make one if absoultely necessary
- Whether or not you can bring a TV/cube: I can bring a cube if needed.

u must email chris at Peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu, this is the ONLY way to get conformation that u r coming, not just posting the info on the forum...

plez everyone that wants to come, u must email chris at Peter034ATnewpaltzDOTedu in order to come....thanx

phish-it

Smash Champion
Come on Friends, we want to fill this tournament to the 50 person limit. As of now we have 13 and only 6 days left.

By the way Reject, if less than 50 people sign up for this when the time comes, couldn't they just show up at the door?

Sol

Smash Lord
this tourney did come up with very little notice but we should get a good amount of people

imareject

Smash Apprentice
yea that would be fine except i just need the list of people's real names asap for my RD

aside from that it wouldnt be a problem, and ur rite it doesnt look like itll be filling up :/

but like bino said, theres a good 4 ppl that just have yet to rsvp, and i know of 4 or 5 more that should be able to come as well. so we'll keep our fingers crossed. im lookin forward to it either way

imareject

Smash Apprentice
ya there are teams starting at noon

ace, are you guys alright with how to get here? i sent an email explaining the bus situation, lemme know if everything got cleared up

nice bailey, send me ur info, i hope u can make it

i hope it goes without saying that if there are any fights, both people are kicked out (nudge nudge bailey and bino about the power rankings) everyones here to hav fun, i would hope there r no incidents.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Don't worry me and BarBino have always had this thing it is kinda like a rivalry if you will you don't gotta worry about anything. Yo Ace if u come can you bring HazZ or someone I can team with??

imareject

Smash Apprentice
- Definite plans to attend
- First and last real name
- Smash name
- Whether or not you can bring a TV/cube

• TO SECURE YOUR SPOT, EMAIL ME
• ONLY ONCE I RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH THE INFO ABOVE WILL YOU BE ADDED TO THE RSVP LIST
• ANYONE NOT ON THE LIST CANNOT ENTER

If anything changes, contact me as soon as possible so that your spot can be given to people waiting.

RSVP by March 7th so I could know whether or not to get the Wii.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Aight. SOOOO I wanna go to this. Except at the last tournament I went to, nobody would even play me in friendly matches, because apparently I suck really bad.

I'm not about to drive an hour to pay $20 to get eliminated and then not be able to play against anyone good. So is anyone up there gonna be my friend?

imareject

Smash Apprentice
SK, there should be a decent range of skill at this tourney, not to mention the amount of tvs thatll allow for plenty of friendlies

However, i cant promise these things to you because people really arent rsvping, theres about a dozen definite, and about a dozen more that are still speculating and "kinda" rsvping.

i wouldnt think ppl would be d-bags and Not play you, but again its ur call if you would like to drive and put in the time. i hope to see you then, make sure u rsvp if you decide to come

TIME FOR THE WII IS RUNNING OUT :-O

Mac Daddy

Smash Rookie
my name is shake zula im gonna RUUUUUULLLEE YAAAAAAA!!!!!! SUCKAS

Im the smash king.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Mac Daddy Smells bad.

But I can't go sorry I am gonna be busy at a local tourney winning a Wii easier and Cash so sorry dude Imma make it to da next one though.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
It'll be cool to be at this tournament. I know mad heads that go to New Paltz that graduated with me from high school.

Me and Warrior Knight are teaming. We have sexy Bowsers, lol.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Mac Daddy Smells bad.

But I can't go sorry I am gonna be busy at a local tourney winning a Wii easier and Cash so sorry dude Imma make it to da next one though.
Where is that? We need more people to come to this, not back out...

Me, Sol and Ky will probably have no choice but to take the train back. And for whatever reason, Poughkeepsie to Croton Falls takes nearly 2 hours according to mta.

Sol

Smash Lord
Well if the famous sk goes he said he could give us a ride back so if he goes we can get our ride back

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
It'll be cool to be at this tournament. I know mad heads that go to New Paltz that graduated with me from high school.

Me and Warrior Knight are teaming. We have sexy Bowsers, lol.
yea, we're not goin anymore (me and ace) if u still wanna go, go ahead, but i doubt ull make it seeing as how u got no job (no offense lol) and its 38$ round trip from here.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
glad to see the final rush just days before saturday :-O lookin forward to it.

just so everyone knows, since the turnout wasnt As big as i would have hoped, there can't be a wii for first prize, so i'm going to hav to decide on new breakdowns for singles and even doubles (cuz thru 4th for doubles outa 20 ppl is kinda strange as well) I'm open to suggestions, but otherwise i feel like the standard payout for top 3 will be used.

singles - 65% 25% 10%
doubles - 70%/30% maybe 65% 25% 10% as well

share your thoughts

_V_

Smash Ace
Payout looks good...it's really the only way to go with 20ish people.

Still trying to see if I can come x.x

Hopefully I will know soon. I want tons of friendlies if I go :D I need to get better.

imareject

Smash Apprentice
and tons you will get, i think we have 5 or 6 tvs as of now. im hoping to get 8 or 9, that way people will have the chance to play wheneeeeever they want haha

XBar

Smash Apprentice
Ky, sol, phish it... i can give you a ride to the poughkeepsie train station if you need... Poughkeepsie to croton falls is definitely not 2 hours, its more like 25 minutes.... also I'm gonna be in mahopac tonight (thursday) so if you wanna smash give me a call at 845-489-3074

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom