• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

ORLY

Smash Master
i have yet to do a dropzone taunt cancel

but i pretty much only play bowser, soooooooo

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm so hyped right now, I might be able to go to this. Would anyone be willing to give me and possibly some other NU students a ride to and from the train station?

ORLY

Smash Master
I'm so hyped right now, I might be able to go to this. Would anyone be willing to give me and possibly some other NU students a ride to and from the train station?
this can be arranged

how many are you guys planning on?

Blank0ut

Smash Rookie
also: i could see a project M side event at this, if there are enough set-ups and demand for it
Myself and a few others I smash with would be down to come for a P:M side event.
Will you be able confirm if there is one or not before the 28th?
I will also see if I could bring a set up.

who would be interested in a project m tourney?

It would be hosted 4-5 months from now, and there would be a pot bonus. (nothing much, but a 100 or so.)

I want to see if chicago peeps would show any interest.
Got four people over here that have great interest in this. We're a group of smashers in Chicago that got into the tournament scene of Melee about a year before Brawl came out. When Brawl released, we made the switch, since it is easier to pick up the competitive scene of a new game then one we started years behind. However after several tournaments we realized that game was just not worth playing, so since we've been playing Melee just casually with each other weekly. (And now P:M as much as possible)

We're pumped to hop on the competitive scene now for P:M. We actually want to plan our own P:M tournament in Chicago a few months from now, so I am also curious how much interest people have in P:M.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
If it's ok with Chris, I will run it and make sure it runs without a hitch. I'm volunteering that I do it because I want to hone being a TO and Chris already has Melee to worry about.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Street fighter to SFxT is the same as SSBM to Project M. My mind is blown!

I have high hopes for Project M. Hopefully it turns out to be great, and the melee competeive scene can into it as well. We can play BOTH Melee and Project M.

Project M is this generations Melee.

metroid1117

Smash Master
this can be arranged

how many are you guys planning on?
I have to ask, but I'm guessing it will be 4 at most (me, probably Rama, maybe Over9000 and maybe Leacero); I haven't asked yet though. Thanks for the offer Chris, I'll let you know more concrete details when the time comes!

Also, I'll try and see if I can bring a Wii + SD card for the PM tournament. If not, then I'll definitely at least bring an SD card and Brawl so we can turn a Wii+Melee setup into a PM setup.

@Sanchaz: Are you going to bring PPL? I haven't played it in a long time, but I'd be down for some games!

giovannig22311

Smash Journeyman
mario is the top of top tier at taunt cancelling in P:M

I'm not really expecting to go to this and getting you would still add 2 hours to the trip same as last time
lol you/mundungu take the i94 right? well im 5mins from the i, right off layton i dont understand how it takes u an extra whole HOUR i dont live in the middle of milwaukee jus get off the i, and 5mins east lol unless yall not takin the i? which what other way would you take??

i jus dont understand how it would take z whole another hour ,also i dont live in st. francis lol, if anything it would jus add on another 10mins to the trip lmao
:phone:

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Street fighter to SFxT is the same as SSBM to Project M. My mind is blown!

I have high hopes for Project M. Hopefully it turns out to be great, and the melee competeive scene can into it as well. We can play BOTH Melee and Project M.

Project M is this generations Melee.
Your comparison kind of implies that PM is better than Melee, which it isn't. It's still a good game though.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
so its one hour? lol

it's a 2 way trip

lol you/mundungu take the i94 right? well im 5mins from the i, right off layton i dont understand how it takes u an extra whole HOUR i dont live in the middle of milwaukee jus get off the i, and 5mins east lol unless yall not takin the i? which what other way would you take??

i jus dont understand how it would take z whole another hour ,also i dont live in st. francis lol, if anything it would jus add on another 10mins to the trip lmao
I-94 is longer and goes through both milwaukee and chicago

metroid1117

Smash Master
You guys should be playing at the smashfests we have in the city..

NU is sooo close
Hey Meneks, I sent you a PM regarding Smashfests in Chicago; can you get back to me? I'm sure some of us here at NU would be interested in going to some every once in a while :).

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey Chris, if we get a Project M side event going, what time do you think it will be at? Will we just do that instead of Doubles? I'm just wondering because I'm not entirely sure if we'll be able to get there on time if it's held too early.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Hey Chris, if we get a Project M side event going, what time do you think it will be at? Will we just do that instead of Doubles? I'm just wondering because I'm not entirely sure if we'll be able to get there on time if it's held too early.
It'll be whenever, don't worry.

ORLY

Smash Master
Not really, you jumped at it....
you were just as drunk as he was. the sober memory recalls turning him down repeatedly.

naw, doubles will proceed as normal, although i don't know how many entrants we'll have. i'm looking to do project M during the back 9 of singles.

metroid1117

Smash Master
naw, doubles will proceed as normal, although i don't know how many entrants we'll have. i'm looking to do project M during the back 9 of singles.
Okay. Assuming we can take the same trains at the last time we went, we'd have to take the 11 PM train leaving from Glen Ellyn Station. Would both tournaments be over by 10:30 so we'd have ample time to get back?

Regarding rides to the station, it's most likely going to be me, Rama, and Kurt. Would anyone be willing to give us a ride from the station around 11:30 AM and back around 10:30 PM?

ORLY

Smash Master
we should be able to hook you up metroid. text / call me the day of and i'll send someone to go get you

metroid1117

Smash Master
we should be able to hook you up metroid. text / call me the day of and i'll send someone to go get you
Awesome, thanks Chris! In case you need it, I've PM'd you my number.

Meneks said:
I might just be taking that same train to the tournament
We're probably going to take the train that leaves Ogilvie at 10:40 AM and get to Glen Ellyn Station at 11:25 AM. Is that the one you were thinking of?

Top Bottom