• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash to the Future on hiatus for the summer!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
dude there was nobody at this tourney gtfo
is john showing some signs of sanchaz hatred? here, hmmm. everytime you get mad my face does like something similar to this :awesome: it brings joy to my life more then crack addicts doing crack 24/7

Rat

Smash Lord
wtf sanchez.

I like random ****, but that last post made very little sense.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Salt. Mad salt in my bloody wounds.

all right okay fine I'm over it #notevenmymain
mmnevermind salty4life lol

Scythe

Smash Master
so what happened with tink, vro and hore?

also cmon kyle! you just need to powershield upsmash against quaz!

sanchaz

Smash Lord
yo chirs, next madison tourney, do you want to have a budokai dbz $1-5 mm? I'm talking about the one with the badass namek theme. just for the lol's

ORLY

Smash Master
I was never good at those games; I simply beat them to unlock everything.

I will, on the other hand, body everyone at Double Dash. Bowser / King Boo comboooo

john!

Smash Hero
i thought i was good at double dash too. but there are like, pros at this game. they know secrets and ****. no amount of driving prowess can surpass them. wait till you play frootloop in double dash.

Dart!

Smash Master
No one can challenge me in double dash. it seems we need to lan that ****. i have high doubts anyone can handle my team.

ORLY

Smash Master
team is virtually irrelevant since items are turned down to basic: green shell, single mushroom, and a banana peel; no specials.

the only thing that matters is your kart and driving skills.

EDIT: don't you worry about me, john. i know about frank's ATs and i've got some tricks of my own

Dart!

Smash Master
well team does matter since it can determine what cars you have available, unless we're just outright banning the gold car?
if we're banning gold car then my team will be fine.

ORLY

Smash Master
frootloop and i decided that no karts warranted being banned, so the gold car is completely fine.

@juggled00d: the rumble didn't happen. we only had 11 people for singles which would be far too few to form a swiss tournament. the good news is that sakurai will be the inaugural event for rat's rumble.

Dart!

Smash Master
oh alright, guess it will be pretty intense then. practice up guys. also, if two people want the same char how do we decide?

ORLY

Smash Master
the ruleset frootloop and i made dictated that racer disputes were solved with RPS into a 1-2-1 racer pick

Dart!

Smash Master
ahhh, what about the races? how do we decide what cup to do? also did CC ever matter when not playing against the A.I?

ORLY

Smash Master
it's not a grand prix

heads up vs. mode races with basic items. first track randomed, then loser CPs with the choice to change racers (mirror tracks are also an option)

winner decided with a bo3

ORLY

Smash Master
pretty nice, right?

if we were to get enough cubes with lan adapters, perhaps we could do a 8 team grand prix. that **** would get nasty

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
lol my doubledash "secrets" was drift boost spam and cutting across the switchbacks on DK mountain, which I never CP'd, because I'm mediocre at that shortcut. Hogosha (not sure if spelled correctly) came from Iowa and he by far a more consistent driver and better at the shortcuts than me but I was better at snaking. Even with items on basic I think we both lost races due to getting the perfect random item. Triple mushroom/red shell OP.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
You can doge reds by using a drift boost once they appear on the screen. Also, was the DK switchback shortcut what John called "arcane?" I thought that was common knowledge.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
you can dodge reds but only really when you're already drifting, because doesn't show the icon soon enough for you to get a blue drift at the angle required to dodge it. On straightaways it might just be better to take the shell because of how horizontally you'll be going after you dodge it. On basic items there's like 1 red per 3 races so it doesn't really matter.

Rat

Smash Lord
DD @ sakurai will be awesome.

Also the rumble will be renamed to Sakurai's Vision.

Top Bottom