• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Smash 'Til You Drop 2 - Dy-no-mite Punch!" Montréal, Québec, Canada; Feb. 24th 2007

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm not a nerdy t-shirt guy, I'm nerdy enough as it is, so I'll have to pass.
But come on man, I'm sure the intent in making the shirt isn't malicious. Lighten up =).

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hmm, since the name is Smash till you drop... the logo could show a guy that smashed till he dropped... like, he fell asleep with the controller in his hands

This matter should be taken care of by either Ralph or Elef.

Btw Chet, I didn't drop last time. I want my money back.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Put me down for a shirt! I expect everyone of you to autograph my shirt too. I want lasting memories.

What's the status of housing for the Toronto peeps? And all you Montreal snowboarders? How about that snowboarding on the 25th (plus an extra night of housing if I could impose)? Please help me to make this the best trip ever!
Don't worry me and damax will house the toronto peeps. we just need to know how many players from toronto need housing because we must know if we have enough space in our 3 cars for everyone who need housing. But I don't think we could go snowboarding on the 25th.

D

Deleted member

For the shirts, I say less ******** = better.

No logos, eff logos. Just the words, quite similar to Pkm's "Hi my name is PKMvodka" shirt.

FC6 Shirts were way over the top.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I'd be interested in a shirt, assuming this actually goes through!

Sign me and camron up for team. and myself for singles.

Team: emo /wrists

You all be QQing after we're done.

Bwahahahahah
Are you drunk? The team name is Emos /wrists, and you spelled my name wrong :p

For the shirts, I say less ******** = better.

No logos, eff logos. Just the words, quite similar to Pkm's "Hi my name is PKMvodka" shirt.

FC6 Shirts were way over the top.
How are they way over the top? There's a small tourney logo on the front, and a bunch of (hand-drawn!) SSBM characters on the back inside the SSBM logo. The FC6 shirt = win.

Razed

Smash Ace
I still say the original ssb logo, because then no one can tell it's representing a videogame and it just looks cool =P
Let's all be honest and agree that we don't want people recognizing that we're wearing a tshirt based on a videogame >.~

Razed

Smash Ace
Is Lanowen on crack every minute of his life o.o?

Either way, he's awesome =O

D

Deleted member

How are they way over the top? There's a small tourney logo on the front, and a bunch of (hand-drawn!) SSBM characters on the back inside the SSBM logo. The FC6 shirt = win.
Gonna have to disagree. It's kinda hella lame. ANYWAY.

/concedes from argument

Paty

Smash Apprentice
There's no design for the t-shirt. How come no one asked me. You noobs. I hate you. Chet, let's meet and create a logo. Like, this friday afternoon at school.

Je profite de ce message pour annoncer que the Hot Hentai Lesbian Action team va vous skill-canceler à mort, bande de crouch-canceling noobs. Bien sûr composée de Big Rick et moi.

Thank you! Thank you! I love you Montreal!

Razed

Smash Ace
K. Lemme emphasize something: make the T-shirts so that absolutely no one (Except maybe the people going to the tourny) can recognize that the T-shirts are based on a video gametourney. This means no SSBM characters, Animated flames, ect. Kthx

I still think it'd be best to go with the SSB sign, the circle with the little cross in the lower right corner. No one can recognize that it represents a videogame, so we won't be walking around with tshirts that say "LOOK AT ME! I'M 18 AND I WEAR SHIRTS REPRESENTING VIDEO GAMES! I R N0T T3H N3RDZ0RZ!!1111!"

Dice

Smash Lord
K. Lemme emphasize something: make the T-shirts so that absolutely no one (Except maybe the people going to the tourny) can recognize that the T-shirts are based on a video gametourney. This means no SSBM characters, Animated flames, ect. Kthx

I still think it'd be best to go with the SSB sign, the circle with the little cross in the lower right corner. No one can recognize that it represents a videogame, so we won't be walking around with tshirts that say "LOOK AT ME! I'M 18 AND I WEAR SHIRTS REPRESENTING VIDEO GAMES! I R N0T T3H N3RDZ0RZ!!1111!"
You must be one **** insecure individual to really care that much. Who ****ing cares if you wear a t-shirt that has a video game displayed on it? It is quite sad if you really care what other people think that much.

Damax

Smash Lord
You must be one **** insecure individual to really care that much. Who ****ing cares if you wear a t-shirt that has a video game displayed on it? It is quite sad if you really care what other people think that much.
Considering he doesn't drink, he's a lost case as for image anyway already. He might not be one hell of a insecure individual, let's say he's just in the age where apperances owns >*everything

Razed

Smash Ace
Haha... you haven't really met me before so you wouldn't know, but I'm probably the farthest away from insecure that you can get. My friends and I play truth or dare at the mall, and I had to go up to some random person and ask them for their shoe, and if they said no I had to break down crying.
The only thing I have against Tshirts that represent vid games is that's wayy overkill... I'm alright with playing in front of people, talking about it in front of some people, but wearing a tshirt about it? C'mon man you can't not see it in that light. In highschool, appearance= everything.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
If you don't want a videogame based t-shirt thats cool. You, nor I enjoy shirts like that. If you really don't like the design than just don't buy the shirt, alot of people have expressed interest in it... No reason to rain on their parade.

Also I think Matt and I are gonna stick with us love you long time.

Still talking about crews, but vodka/chet/test scares me.

Dice

Smash Lord
He's 15 dude, chill.

Also please don't combo me too hard.
meh, 15 or not it wasn't very intelligent >_<

Considering he doesn't drink, he's a lost case as for image anyway already. He might not be one hell of a insecure individual, let's say he's just in the age where apperances owns >*everything
drinking isn't everything you crazy french people!

Haha... you haven't really met me before so you wouldn't know, but I'm probably the farthest away from insecure that you can get. My friends and I play truth or dare at the mall, and I had to go up to some random person and ask them for their shoe, and if they said no I had to break down crying.
The only thing I have against Tshirts that represent vid games is that's wayy overkill... I'm alright with playing in front of people, talking about it in front of some people, but wearing a tshirt about it? C'mon man you can't not see it in that light. In highschool, appearance= everything.
I don't see it as taking it "too far". I personally won't be wearing the shirt in public, I'll be keeping it as a memory. However, I do own a few "video game" shirts which I do wear in public. Why? I like them.

Razed

Smash Ace
If you don't want a videogame based t-shirt thats cool. You, nor I enjoy shirts like that. If you really don't like the design than just don't buy the shirt, alot of people have expressed interest in it... No reason to rain on their parade.

Also I think Matt and I are gonna stick with us love you long time.

Still talking about crews, but vodka/chet/test scares me.
Yeah... sorry I didn't mean to spoil it for anyone :/.

meh, 15 or not it wasn't very intelligent >_<

drinking isn't everything you crazy french people!

I don't see it as taking it "too far". I personally won't be wearing the shirt in public, I'll be keeping it as a memory. However, I do own a few "video game" shirts which I do wear in public. Why? I like them.
That'd be why I recommend them to not be videogame based. I buy shirts to wear them, as do the majority of people. Personally, I don't care what other people wear, but if you wear a vidgame based shirt to my school, you have to expect to be labeled as a nerdy kid who is a target for any insult/put down ect... I'd prefer to be able to wear the shirt without people looking at me as if i'm 10 year old. That's not the case everywhere, but it is here.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
You're right, that was pretty mother ****ing scary.

But yeah, there is more than one crew that is filled with people that will crush me, I know that... just vodka/chet/test happened to be the last ones to make me weep at how awful I am.

Razed

Smash Ace
You're right, that was pretty mother ****ing scary.

But yeah, there is more than one crew that is filled with people that will crush me, I know that... just vodka/chet/test happened to be the last ones to make me weep at how awful I am.
Don't worry. You can play me before them, to boost your self esteem ;o
This'll be my first tourney, and my first time playing anyone who can short hop -.-

**PLEASE SOMEONE!! HOUSING!! MY FRIEND AND I NEED A PLACE TO STAY WHERE THE HOST WON'T BE DRUNK FOR REASONS EXPLAINED EARLIER ON THIS PAGE!! **

Oh wouldn't you know it, this post happens to be on another page... well it's on the page before!

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
vodka / test / chet suck ...

zomg /diss talk**** k thx

btw this pic suck haha.. I doesnt look like that usually;(

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm actually talking from this american guy (Darc) from another forum I visit and he's telling me about the tourney/fights with jarc due to name etc.

Small world.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Yeah... sorry I didn't mean to spoil it for anyone :/.

That'd be why I recommend them to not be videogame based. I buy shirts to wear them, as do the majority of people. Personally, I don't care what other people wear, but if you wear a vidgame based shirt to my school, you have to expect to be labeled as a nerdy kid who is a target for any insult/put down ect... I'd prefer to be able to wear the shirt without people looking at me as if i'm 10 year old. That's not the case everywhere, but it is here.
Honestly man, not to sound cheesy, but if these "friends" of yours like you, they won't give two ****s if you're wearing a videogame shirt. I take pride in the fact that I have a social life without hiding the fact that I play videogames competitively. Eventually you'll find that having a secret nerd life is too much of a burden, and you'll give in and tell people. Most people just don't care, and some are even very interested to hear more about it, especially when you tell them you just made over 100 dollars playing smashbros.

If you really can't bare wearing the shirt in public, don't buy one, or buy one and hang it on your wall. Just please don't ruin it for everyone else.

Dice

Smash Lord
My favourite thing to tell people is one of my good friends (Rimi), made about $400 last time we went to Montreal :)

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Honestly man, not to sound cheesy, but if these "friends" of yours like you, they won't give two ****s if you're wearing a videogame shirt. I take pride in the fact that I have a social life without hiding the fact that I play videogames competitively. Eventually you'll find that having a secret nerd life is too much of a burden, and you'll give in and tell people. Most people just don't care, and some are even very interested to hear more about it, especially when you tell them you just made over 100 dollars playing smashbros.

If you really can't bare wearing the shirt in public, don't buy one, or buy one and hang it on your wall. Just please don't ruin it for everyone else.
wow I didnt knew you was that cool.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
I'll wear the shirt in public as long as everybody autographs it.
Especially Jih.

But yeah... I don't think that any one of us would buy a shirt that says "YOU BETTER COMMING" normally. But this time it's special, caused by a special person. So it's ok to wear it anywhere... even at Bar Mitzvahs !

Jih

Smash Journeyman
I'll wear the shirt in public as long as everybody autographs it.
Especially Jih.

But yeah... I don't think that any one of us would buy a shirt that says "YOU BETTER COMMING" normally. But this time it's special, caused by a special person. So it's ok to wear it anywhere... even at Bar Mitzvahs !
i hate you.

and ur gona have to drug me very hard to get this **** autograhed.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Can someone post a picture of the FC6 shirt? I remember seeing it before but my memory is garbage.

For the guy afraid of image, you're only in grade 9, or something along those lines because I know Quebec's school system is different yes? You're young, you're most likely small, you're probably happy you've held a girls hand etc. But image is considered important when you are younger imo. But seriously man when you're older you're gonna see this kickass t-shirt and show it off like a ****in trophy.

About crews, it doesnt look likely that we'll have a good enough number for a serious bracket, but I'd still like to have it.

On a completely random wave, not that we have the means to organize something this zany, but wouldn't a scramble crew tournament be interesting? Random crews, better chance at fair teams, you get to meet new ppl (Locke, m, 19, likes long walks on the beach) and possible hilarious outcomes. Could be free too because as money involved goes down, fun goes up.

I have an exam tomorrow, christ.

Accepting money matches vers my Mario. o.O

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Jarc stole my idea!

Nate, This is my msn addy captain_bonanza@hotmail.com
don't make fun of it's sillyness, I got it when I was like 14.

And I can't wait to put this shirt on my wall. Maybe I'll get 2 so I have one to wear.

Yo Locke, at a smashfest last saturday we had a pick up crew match that was pretty fun. We picked out 2 captains who made up 2 big crews by taking turns picking from everyone who was there. It was pretty fun and I love to do it again but I don't think we should put any money on the line if we pick the crews this way. Well, maybe like a $1 or something.

Top Bottom