• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Service is ending

Sukai

Smash Champion
Just got the message, Smash Service is ending on the 30th.
It was insignificant, but I'll miss it.
Your thoughts?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I'll miss it... Although the sent data wasn't all that interesting.
Snapshots stopped being cool/funny after a while. And there were a lot of..... plain ol' snapshots.
Replays were the same old Homerun Contest or 4 second Break the Targets.....
But the Stages were pretty new and creative. :) But like..... every single stage had Gourmet Race, Shin Onigashima or a Sonic song as it's stage music. Really.

But yeah, I'm gonna miss it. :(

Chaco

Never Logs In
It just made getting on wifi take longer. Lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
For you guys getting sad, don't be.

Nintendo will continue to send out snapshots/stages etc.
They just won't be accepting new ones anymore.

I bet they have so many it'll be another year or two before they stop sending them out.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I never bothered with Smash Service so this doesn't affect me. It doesn't even sound like a very big loss from what you guys are describing. It's like losing the ability to subscribe on YouTube, there are still ways to get the new material, they aren't as easy anymore.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Aren't there like . . . 3 threads just like this one?
That's bound to happen. It's not like everyone on the forum is actively aware of what new threads are being made everywhere else. Hey! Unless we had Smash Boards Service :chuckle:

ISMFOF

Smash Cadet
so we cant send it in but we'll still recieve it? how is this? theyll run out of things to send eventually (like 6 years)

aww well, my stuff was never chosen anyway, but it was usually crappy >_>

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I've got alot of things I want to post up here, but I don't have the equipment...

Who would be willing to register with me so I could send them things to post up?

Be missing putting things up.

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad it's ending, but I wouldn't want to be part of the team that goes through all of the replays and pictures and stages. It would get pretty boring.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
^No, if I understand correctly you'll still be able to receive stuff, you just won't be able to submit anymore.

Doesn't much matter, we have the internetz for all that stuff. You'll still be able to quench your thirst with YouTube and picture threads and all that.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yeah when I got this message I said "ha!" cause my submit option's been gone for quite some time. Props for them continuing to send the daily vault data, tho cause I live for the snap shot .. sometimes they're not so great but my favorite was the one with kirby surrounded by christmas presents...

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Nonsense. Please learn about how online works before you speak.
yeah and this comes from the guy who has 9 posts. i dont even accept smash service but my online is still crap. but if it really does fix the online then i am more then willing to get rid of some bull**** record and stages that just shows how much of a life some people dont have to have better online playing

UncleSam

Smash Master
Does it mean people can no longer send replays to friends?
you can still do that, I think it's just that you won't receive anything from Nintendo when you go online. Not like I've been getting anything from Smash service anyway

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
you can still do that, I think it's just that you won't receive anything from Nintendo when you go online. Not like I've been getting anything from Smash service anyway
I think you'll still receive things, but you can't send anything new. And eventually you'll stop receiving things once they run out of things to send.

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
bah they should do something decent and like allow names or something for basic and team battle brawls..so people can know who they playing..

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Not a huge loss, but it does mean things like HRC data will be heavily outdated. I never wanted to put anything up, but I'll be waiting to see if the backlog of replays are any good. Maybe they'll bring it back after awhile.

Top Bottom