• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Series Confessions

Anthuhny

Smash Cadet
I want Mewtwo in Smash 4 even though I know he won't even be half as fun as he is in Project M :150:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't play a character if I couldn't play them to their fullest capacity. I actually dropped Sheik in Brawl for a while because I couldn't consistently DACUS. I'm pretty much past that now, but let's see when the AT's start popping up.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I just don't get it why many people wanted Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr.
— Daisy has been shown in various Mario games to have control over flowers and (from what I've heard) crystals, including using a giant flower (that's said to be as hard and sharp as steel) as a power shot in Mario Power Tennis, so she has plenty of moveset potential that isn't just sports equipment, domestic weapons, hostages, and hip checks. She's also a speed-focused character and the Mario universe's closest equivalent to Sonic in terms of personality. "Yahoo! Oh yeah! Outta my way! Woohoo!" < Daisy in a nutshell.
— Waluigi is just whacky and weird and evil, and people love him for it. He's the type to kick a dog on his way to rob the bank. Then he'll steal the money by blasting so many explosives that the money flies out the ceiling and he catches it with a robotic arm. Then he'd get bored and personally destroy whatever was left of the bank by stomping on the floor until it collapsed and breaking the walls down with a tennis racket. Or he might just do an upside-down L pose like his logo and everything around him (including inanimate objects) simply drops dead and ceases to exist due to how evil and insane he is. In other words, Waluigi is just pure memetic awesome. (And I'm not even a Waluigi fan.)
— Bowser Jr. has a paintbrush that can cause paintings to come to life or paint portals into the walls. He also has the Koopa Klown Kar, and could use it to drop bombs, cannonballs, and mooks on peoples' heads in between spin-tackling them and roasting them with flamethrowers.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
— Daisy has been shown in various Mario games to have control over flowers and (from what I've heard) crystals, including using a giant flower (that's said to be as hard and sharp as steel) as a power shot in Mario Power Tennis, so she has plenty of moveset potential that isn't just sports equipment, domestic weapons, hostages, and hip checks. She's also a speed-focused character and the Mario universe's closest equivalent to Sonic in terms of personality. "Yahoo! Oh yeah! Outta my way! Woohoo!" < Daisy in a nutshell.
— Waluigi is just whacky and weird and evil, and people love him for it. He's the type to kick a dog on his way to rob the bank. Then he'll steal the money by blasting so many explosives that the money flies out the ceiling and he catches it with a robotic arm. Then he'd get bored and personally destroy whatever was left of the bank by stomping on the floor until it collapsed and breaking the walls down with a tennis racket. Or he might just do an upside-down L pose like his logo and everything around him (including inanimate objects) simply drops dead and ceases to exist due to how evil and insane he is.
— Bowser Jr. has a paintbrush that can cause paintings to come to life or paint portals into the walls. He also has the Koopa Klown Kar, and could use it to drop bombs, cannonballs, and mooks on peoples' heads in between spin-tackling them and roasting them with flamethrowers.
You sold me on Daisy and Waluigi.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
-If I have to have items on, I will always make sure Assist Trophies, Poké Balls and Smash Balls are turned off. My luck is not good enough to have them on.

-I'm only learning Melee and Project M out of necessity, because the Brawl scene in the UK is tiny.

-I am very glad that Fox and Marth are being nerfed in Smash 4, they've dominated for far too long.

-It upsets me that Fox and Falco play the way they do in Melee and Project M, because I love the StarFox games and Fox and Falco themselves, but thanks to Melee and Project M, I cannot play as Fox or Falco.

-I only play characters that I like as a character.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
List of characters that I find attractive in some way, in order from most to least:
  • Mewtwo
  • Some Yoshies
  • Lucario
  • Some Miis
Yes, I'm well aware that I'm kind of a freak. In fact, a good portion of the reason I main Mewtwo and want him back is because I think the species is that sexy -_-

Last edited:

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
List of characters that I find attractive in some way, in order from most to least:
  • Mewtwo
  • Some Yoshies
  • Lucario
  • Some Miis
Yes, I'm well aware that I'm kind of a freak -_-
I've heard worse on the internet.

More confessions, yay.

- I tend to gravitate towards female characters in every game I play. Smash is no exception. (I want to main all the princesses in Smash 4, along with :4robinf:, :4zss: and :4lucina:.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
- Pichu is my main in Melee, truly. I tried going for 'better' characters, but I don't anymore. In fact, Pichu isn't a bad character at all, I have no idea why he's considered such a worthless character. I honestly think he deserves higher than Pikachu on the tier list.
- Big time Ridley and K.Rool supporter, no shame.
- I didn't even really like Charizard until I came here.
- I never wavedash or L-cancel.
- I'm better with a classic controller than I am with a Gamecube controller.
- I never U-tilt either, unless I'm Ganondorf in friendlies.
- I didn't know you could start a match as Sheik in Melee until just recently.
- I used 300% Melees to unlock all the characters by VS match total.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
- I enjoy playing Smash 64 more than Melee or vanilla Brawl (although SSB4 looks promising to play better).
- I probably couldn't have named 60% of the roster of Melee when I first played (I knew the Mario characters, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Kirby, and maybe Zelda).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
— Waluigi is just whacky and weird and evil, and people love him for it. He's the type to kick a dog on his way to rob the bank. Then he'll steal the money by blasting so many explosives that the money flies out the ceiling and he catches it with a robotic arm. Then he'd get bored and personally destroy whatever was left of the bank by stomping on the floor until it collapsed and breaking the walls down with a tennis racket. Or he might just do an upside-down L pose like his logo and everything around him (including inanimate objects) simply drops dead and ceases to exist due to how evil and insane he is. In other words, Waluigi is just pure memetic awesome. (And I'm not even a Waluigi fan.)
OK.... even though many more other Mario character have more potential than Rosalina, Nintendo probably want a character from a more recent game(And most if the newcomers are indeed like Greninja, Robin, and Lucina. Many Mario characters like Daisy, Bowser, and Waluigi alk have potential, but just like what Sakurai had said: You work hard doesn't mean you can become a playable character. Which means don't think that you are popular so you think that you will be in the roster.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay.... here another one that really found out recently.
I had never know that there were Super Smash Bros original stage in Melee, I had play this for a decade.....

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
-It upsets me whenever someone speaks negatively about Marth. I don't know why. I just love him that much. The same can be said for Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Roy.
-Snake is my favourite 3rd Party character, and I generally hate shooting games. I could care less about Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man.
-I tend to favour Falco over Fox and Wolf.
-I favour Lucas over Ness.
-Marth may be my main, no matter what, but I am actually better with Toon Link.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928

I think Bowser is underrated in Melee. I'm confused as to why people never use his flame breath.

There. I said it...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Probably my favorite part about turning 17 was finally being able to be able to buy Metal Gear Solid and find out where Snake comes from. (Other than that, it was a pretty thoroughly ****ty year.)
  • I haven't been able to beat Melee's single-player on Very Hard until earlier this year. It was with Mario.

D

Deleted member

I didn't know smash 64 had smash attacks until a couple years ago when I played it and used a smash attack out of habit from brawl.

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
My main controller for playing Brawl has been the Wii Remote since I began playing on the Wii U.
I'm going to have some trouble re-adjusting to a Gamecube-esque control scheme when Smash 3DS comes out.
Oh, and also, Melee was my first console game.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
- I think Melee is boring to watch, yeah it's faster but most matches are just trying to gimp the other player at like 20%, I like that Brawl takes longer to KO and is safer, makes it interesting because they actually fight...

- I wanted Waluigi playable so badly, but I like Rosalina too.

- If Ganondorf has a new moveset including sword normals, dark magic specials, and also has his HW model as an alt skin I'll be playing him over everyone.

- If Sakurai is lazy and gives us Falcondorf again I will fly to Sakurai's house and pee in his cereal.

Last edited:

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I've played Smash since 64 and only found out about the competitive community last year

I prefer clones over originals with the exception of Roy and Pichu

I am the best Smash player I have ever met

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
- If Sakurai is lazy and gives us Falcondorf again I will fly to Sakurai's house and pee in his cereal.
But but but... I LOVE melee Falcondorf. Bashing people's skulls with his fair is the most satisfying feeling, even better when you do it 3 times. And that jab. Of course the king of evil would have a tiny jab that sent you flying.

• Beating people to death with Falcondorf is satisfying. He needs no sword, he'll just show you the back of his hand

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Zero Suit Samus is extremely hot. She is also my best secondary main. Those two things may or may not be related.

I'm that guy that everyone targets first because of my missile spamming as Samus in Melee.

I mainly use FLUDD just for the sake of it because nobody uses it much.

I mainly disliked Project M because it mostly doesn't feel right to me.

I do Smash attacks by both the normal way and by C-sticking. Usually the former for charging and the other for quick Smashes.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I actually prefer 'Falcondorf' he's my secondary in Melee. His moveset fits so well with his playstyle. And when he hits you? Soooo satisfying!!

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Wat? I never ever, have gotten a Sonic vibe from Daisy whatsoever... o.O
You mean you've never played as her in Mario Kart Wii?

Play through one of the more boost-to-win-focused stages in Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colours, or Sonic Generations. Then play as Daisy in Mario Kart Wii, preferably on a course with a lot of boost panels and trick ramps. I think you'd be surprised by the similarities.

SonicMario

Smash Master
You mean you've never played as her in Mario Kart Wii?

Play through one of the more boost-to-win-focused stages in Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colours, or Sonic Generations. Then play as Daisy in Mario Kart Wii, preferably on a course with a lot of boost panels and trick ramps. I think you'd be surprised by the similarities.
Even so, that's just a few series of games. I just don't see Daisy that much like Sonic. While they may say things when they're doing tricks does kind of count as a similarity, I think most of the Mario Kart drivers make excitable noises when they do tricks anyway. It's not really enough to say "Oh! Daisy's personality is just like Sonic!"

Also it gives me weird images of having Sonic say "HI, I'M SONIC" randomly which I don't think he'd ever do that on repeat like how Daisy would do in Mario Kart Double Dash :p

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Even so, that's just a few series of games. I just don't see Daisy that much like Sonic. While they may say things when they're doing tricks does kind of count as a similarity, I think most of the Mario Kart drivers make excitable noises when they do tricks anyway. It's not really enough to say "Oh! Daisy's personality is just like Sonic!"

Also it gives me weird images of having Sonic say "HI, I'M SONIC" randomly which I don't think he'd ever do that on repeat like how Daisy would do in Mario Kart Double Dash :p
Yeah, most of the Mario Kart drivers make excitable noises when doing tricks or boosting, but Daisy takes "hyperactive" to the next level compared to the rest of the Mario Kart cast. That's why I say she's similar to Sonic.

And Daisy said "Hi, I'm Daisy!" in one game. In Mario Kart Wii, she goes "It's DAISY!", and that voice clip gets used a heck of a lot less often. Besides, every time Sonic introduces himself, it's "I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog!" And he does like to use his name a lot: "Sonic speed!"

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I don't actually care about falco coming back, he's just my wife's main.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
1. I tend to favor female characters in pretty much any game I play too. In Smash I'm most interested in playing :4lucina::4wiifit::4zelda::4palutena::4peach::rosalina::4sheik::jigglypuff::4zss:. As for males, I'm mostly just interested in :4villager::4robinm::ness2:

2. I've always found CPUs to be more difficult to fight than competitively minded, well-trained humans. No idea why, but a level 9 CPU tends to be more difficult for me than a human with extensive training.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
2. I've always found CPUs to be more difficult to fight than competitively minded, well-trained humans. No idea why, but a level 9 CPU tends to be more difficult for me than a human with extensive training.
Depends. CPUs have far greater reaction time than humans do (guaranteed perfect shield versus every attack you throw ever, and they can reliably spot-dodge a grab), and they most often don't use specific strategy, so it can be harder to learn and abuse their patterns compared to a human opponent. For example:
Playing Brawl, opponent does a full jump towards me when I'm playing Marth.
CPU player: Throws a forward aerial, unless I use Counter in which case they don't, and then they hit me with a partially-charged Smash Attack, or a Warlock Punch/Falcon Punch etc., the exact frame I no longer have a defensive collision from Counter.
Human player: Throws a forward aerial even if I hit Counter an instant before they actually input their attack, because they'd already decided on that course of action and had no time to react.

Last edited:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
For the first year or so of playing Brawl I used the sideways wii remote resulting in my brother becoming way better than me because he used the wii remote + nunchuck.

I have only ever touched a GameCube controller twice. Once to play 1080 snowboarding and another time to play mario sunshine.

I have played brawl for over 800 hours and I only just started to shield about a month ago.

I kinda wish smash had jiggle physics.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
The only attractive thing Zero Suit Samus has going for her is the sex appeal. So I don't really find much in her. But I DO think that FemRobin is super cute! :love:

Top Bottom