• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Series Confessions

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I want Peach to suck in Smash 4 just because she's my absolute least favorite character to fight against in every game.
Fixed.
I wanted to win a tournament using a Wii Zapper to make the crowd admit the error of their ways and bow down to me.
I'm genuinely disappointed that you never achieved this hilarious goal. :urg:

Anyway some of mine are:
  • I'm the most fraudulent Roy main ever. I've been using him since PM 3.0 come out and yet I only play as him in tourneys as a counterpick because I don't trust my own skills with him. Looking to change this in upcoming tournaments.
  • I thought Toon Link was uninteresting at best in Brawl and a complete waste of a character at worst. Despite this, I am considering maining him in Smash 4.
  • I found out that Samus was a girl in Smash 64's 1 player campaign, having never played a Metroid game up to that point. To this day, I've only played Metroid Fusion.
  • I do not own any Smash games. As jobless child/teenager I figured that if I can just play them at my friend's house, then I am better off saving my money for a game that I know he will not purchase. This is probably why I own so many single-player games.
  • I have never won a set in Brawl Singles. (PM Singles and Brawl Doubles are a different story, however.)
  • I only started playing with tap jump off a few months ago.
  • Despite my hatred of many aspects of Brawl and fear of Sakurai not learning from them, I do not regret my time spent with that game and look back on it fondly, both the casual and competitive matches.
As you can see, I'm a horrible person.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I play with the Wiimote held sideways because I wanted my bro to have a better experience for Braw since I only had one Gamecube controllerl… and I use tap jump… At least I can convert to the Gamepad and turn tap jump off for Smash 4!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I had Brawl for over 3 years now and I still haven't collected all 544 trophies in the game to this day. :(

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
She's already not that good in Brawl :(

I'm the most fraudulent Roy main ever. I've been using him since PM 3.0 come out and yet I only play as him in tourneys as a counterpick because I don't trust my own skills with him. Looking to change this in upcoming tournaments.
I thought I had a decent secondary Roy until I busted him out once against one of the worst players in my town after 3-stocking him the previous match. I lost :(

When I first got Melee, I would pretty much exclusively play 1v1 matches with my Link against a level 1 Jigglypuff. I'd just spam down air the whole time. I didn't even know up B was good.

Dott

Smash Ace
Even today i can not play the underground maze on melee because i'm afraid of the Like likes, i start to shivering and i quit the game. Most of the times i invited someone only to beat that level.

I like to destroy and humilliate my opponent whenever i can, and then smile when the match is over.

I don't get tired of winning.

Gaminguy010

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gaminguy010
I still enjoy the Psycho Villager meme even though it's pretty much dead.

I spammed the Loid Rocket during the Best Buy Demo.

Kirby is my Main simply because I feel I have too many Newcomers on my List of Mains.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
- I haven't been playing Melee nor Brawl for a while now.
- I would actually play Brawl more than Melee (but only because my Gamecube has finally passed on/only have a Wii U).
- Would actually like to fight Galleom more often. Probably the most enjoyable boss to me in SSE.
- Still haven't 100% the "wall" in Brawl.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I love every single newcomer shown off for smash 4 so far
There's characters I wanted since the game's announced (:4palutena::4robinm::4robinf:)
There's characters from games that I really like (:4greninja::4villager::4lucina:)
Characters that were really pleasant surprises (:rosalina::4megaman::4wiifit:)
And characters that look extremely great to play as (:4littlemac::4pacman::4mii:)

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
-I think Rumble Falls is a fairly enjoyable stage and at the very least it beats Icicle Mountain by a mile.

-I sold my Smash 64 cartridge thinking I would somehow never want to play it again.

-I went on this website when I was like 6 or so called SuperCheats or something and it had codes for a Smash 64 roster about thrice the actual size. Of course I tried every single code. One particularly interesting one was a Master Hand unlock method: Play DK, get Mew from a Pokeball, and if you land a Giant Punch on it, DK's hand would turn white and grow into Master Hand.

-Despite wanting her for Smash, I was actually pretty much completely indifferent to Palutena.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
She's already not that good in Brawl :(
I see you play Peach in Brawl so you probably won't want to hear this but, she's not that bad either. For her to not annoy me, she needs to pose even less of a threat. Like low or bottom tier. I just hate her that much :p

I thought I had a decent secondary Roy until I busted him out once against one of the worst players in my town after 3-stocking him the previous match. I lost :(
That's hilarious haha. I've seen a lot of people on livestreams who can't play Roy for balls but that's because they genuinely don't know how to use him, my problem is that I don't consider myself good enough. As I'm sure you'll know, Roy has some crippling weaknesses, even in Project M. I understand what he can do, I just need to find the best way to apply his strengths. The fact that good Roy players generally have a high APM doesn't help.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
-In Smash 64 I thought you had to beat classic mode on very hard without losing a stock to unlock Luigi
-I never knew how truly competitive Smash is up until I saw the documentary which has inspired me to take my game to a whole 'nother level come Smash 4, and to also attend my first tourney! :D

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • I still haven't seen the documentary and I really don't intend to anytime soon.
  • At first I was terrified about unlocking clones because I thought they would overwrite the originals.
  • The only time I've ever used Donkey Kong is spamming Ground Pound to unlock Falco.
  • I use four of the variants of the PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale menu theme for the menu in Project M. I've used them so consistently there that I associate that tune with PM more than I do PSASBR.
  • I think Fighting Polygon Yoshi is adorable in a really weird sort of way.
  • My brother and I thought Master Hand died at the end of SSB64. Why? Because he had a solid wrist cuff back then, and it looked more ghostly in Melee. So we came to the conclusion that Melee Master Hand was, in fact, a ghost.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I have reallly really good luck in RNG. One time I was playing against a CPU and drew three stitchfaces a Bob-Omb and one or two beam swords in the span of one match

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Alright, here goes nothing :p

- Back in my Smash 64 days, a friend told me Charizard was unlockable... and I believed it
- I enjoy playing everybody in Melee!
- I enjoyed SSE, in fact, it was the first mode I did in Brawl
- I just unlocked Luigi and Ness in 64 last month, despite having 64 for about... 12 years
- I wasn't sad/upset about Mewtwo not returning in Brawl
- Brawl is my favorite game because of the character variety
- I am a casual
- I placed 2nd in a local tourney last year (I lost to some pro fighting game player)

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
- Spear Pillar is actually one of my favorite stages, especially when Palkia is involved. I'm sad that it's not in project M. (Yes I know it's incredibly imbalanced : / )

- I swear that my skill with a respective character improves drastically once I've played a game from their franchise. I mean, Olimar's playstyle just suddenly clicked for me after playing Pikmin. Similar things happened to me with Marth, Ness, and Pit. It's strange, but yeah.

-I like to imagine the daily lives of the characters.
-I have so many headcanons for Smash it's unreal.
- This one time, I set up a tourney full of computer players and entered in each character. As the tourney played out and characters were slowly eliminated, I mentally constructed an epic story of the events. I remember specifically that through some bizarre coincidence, the final four were Mario, Luigi, DK, and Diddy

... I'll admit that I probably enjoyed that way more than I should have...

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
— On Spear Pillar when Palkia inverts the stage horizontally, I've gotten to the point where I screw up more for a few seconds after the transition back to normal than I do while the controls are flipped.

— My single most epic KO: Captain Falcon (me) vs. Link (my friend). Spear Pillar with Dialga. Link is down to one stock. I get the Smash Ball. Dialga activates slow-motion. Link goes to fire an uncharged arrow at me during slow-mo. I counter using my Final Smash's intangibility to avoid the arrow and pwn Link with Blue Falcon!!! in epic slow motion, ending the match.

Last edited:

Toledo Jones

Smash Cadet
- I can't play meta knight, wario, or diddy kong for **** in brawl
- when I play PM, I have a bad habit of spamming Dair when I use my mains Mewtwo & ganondorf
- I enjoyed using pichu in melee
- I absolutely loathe Dr. Mario, not cuz he's a clone, but because I've always felt his AI in melee was the most vicious of the roster
- Brawl generated an interest in the MGS series

LF2K

Floor Diver
OK, let's see what I can confess...

- I decided to main Ness after he got leaked in Brawl.
- I own 2 copies of Melee. One of them is scratched so bad it's unplayable.
- If one of my opponents gets a Super Mushroom, I like to go berserk and try to KO them while they're giant. It's oddly fun!
- I never unlocked Luigi when Smash 64 was new because I didn't understand how to beat Yoshi's target stage. Each time I rented Smash 64, I would hope Luigi was unlocked!
- I never missed a single update on the Dojo. But I came close to missing the update that revealed Sonic!
- I'm pretty indifferent on the "Melee vs. Brawl" debate. Both games are really fun and enjoyable in their own ways.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I used to be a very talented Melee player, and played religiously until my IPJs in my thumbs started jamming and clicking constantly. So I stopped playing.

After Brawl came out and my hands healed, I never went back to Melee. I suck at Melee now. I find it too fast.

As a result, I do not like Project M. :p

Last edited:

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I hated Race To The Finish in 64 because I thought if you didn't make it your character would die....That said, I NEVER played as Mario or Ness in that mode.

Crazy hand's first random appearance happened when I was about 8 and I ran upstairs to my parents because I was deathly scared and shaking.

Challenger approaching screen.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I came up with a few more!

- If I'm playing as Luigi and I get the Smash Ball, I will trap as many people as possible and KO whoever I can with a Fire Jump Punch (I'm so evil :demon:)
- Even though I consider myself a Sonic fan, I cannot play him in Brawl to save my life...
- A part of me wishes that Jigglypuff would get cut, but Smash wouldn't be the same without Rest and Rollout! :p
- I'm scared of Bowser being used everywhere in sm4sh...
- I really hope Snake comes back!
- I love the Pirate Ship stage in Brawl! :love:

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
- I've tap jumped from the minute I began playing SSB64, and I have no intention of switching, despite playing a lot of platforming games.
- I use Wiimote and Nunchuk to play Brawl, despite having Gamecube controllers. It's entirely possible that it'll be my preferred control method for the Wii U version.
- I rarely ever use tilts.
- I've beaten SSE multiple times, and I've even reached 100% twice. I really enjoy it for some reason.
- It's only been within the past couple of years since I've gotten the Giga Bowser trophy in Melee.
- Likewise, I never beat all 51 events in Melee (and, by extension, never unlocked all of the stages) until around the same time as the Giga Bowser trophy.
- I proudly main Bowser in Melee and Brawl.
- My most wanted Smash character now that Mega Man has been confirmed is Infernape.

As you can see, I'm a strange case.

Samcaesar

Smash Rookie
Well this'll be fun.

-I never really cared about Mewtwo or Roy, or really got the hype surrounding them.
-I never really had a character that I was a big fan of/excited for til Smash 4 with the introduction of Rosalina, Villager, Robin, and Lucina
-I think melee and brawl are both equally fun to play, but brawl gets bonus points just for having more characters in it and SSE
-Both Brawl and Melee are unreadable and we've got to rely on whenever a friend brings over their copies of the game.
-I absolutely loved SSE and was kinda upset to hear that there was no plans for something like it in SSB4

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I'm scared of the fact that Toon Link's grounded Spin Attack doesn't actually combo vs. Bowser at low percents.
If I play Toon Link against a Bowser , I'll definitely have to do that at least once :p Just to see if it'll work

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
If I play Toon Link against a Bowser , I'll definitely have to do that at least once :p Just to see if it'll work
But seriously, during the SDCC finals we see Bowser vs. Toon Link on Battlefield. Toon Link goes for Spin Attack multiple times (and actually lands the move each time) and the following happens:

1st time: Bowser hits him with a single jab mid-move.
2nd time: Bowser hits him with a single jab mid-move.
3rd time: Bowser back rolls away mid-move.
4th time: Bowser back rolls away mid-move.

I mean, that's not even hitstun cancelling. That's just Bowser being so freakin' heavy that Spin Attack causes insufficient hitstun to combo at low percents. And that is insane.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
But seriously, during the SDCC finals we see Bowser vs. Toon Link on Battlefield. Toon Link goes for Spin Attack multiple times (and actually lands the move each time) and the following happens:

1st time: Bowser hits him with a single jab mid-move.
2nd time: Bowser hits him with a single jab mid-move.
3rd time: Bowser back rolls away mid-move.
4th time: Bowser back rolls away mid-move.

I mean, that's not even hitstun cancelling. That's just Bowser being so freakin' heavy that Spin Attack causes insufficient hitstun to combo at low percents. And that is insane.
Oh I see now. That explains a lot. I haven't seen anything SDCC related, so that's scary as hell for Bowser. I'm sure the Spin Attack will be fixed up so that doesn't happen

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Ok, here I go...

- I first played Smash 64 in a rental place, me and my friends doesn't know how to use specials attacks (only played with A) when we discovered the use of button B everybody played with Samus to spam Charge Shots
- I really like to play in the Mario Bros stage in Smash64
- In Melee I love to play in Great Bay just to hear Saria's song... I was very angry when Young Link appeared in Jungle Japes
- I thought that Sheik was very weak in Melee, now she's my main in that game
- I think that if you're playing with no items in Brawl is cheap to use the parts of armor around Zero Suit Samus
- I always choose fast characters but it's really fun to play with Ganondorf in Brawl (that mad lughing taunt FTW!)
- Hate to play in Greens Greens in Brawl, I feel that Fountain of Dreams deserved more that spot
- Never completed the Wall in Brawl
- In regards to Sm4sh, I dislike when the people say that Lucina is 'easier/begginer Marth'
- Why are so much people who hate the 3DS version? You know those who say 'it's a demo, inferior version, will limit the WiiU's version, etc'
- The obnoxious 'ultra competitive' die-hard Melee fans who are requesting mods of Sm4sh (or how they saiy Brawl 2.0) are insufferable ¬¬

Last edited:
- When I was younger, my pa would occasionally beat me in Melee. He was always Mario, I was usually Ness, and he always called the bat move cheap. We agreed the Ice Climbers sucked, though nowadays I actually adore them. One time my dad beat me in Sudden Death and I got super mad.
- When I lost my copy of Melee, I often went to a friend's house to play it. His parents were cool with me so I actually went there and played his GCN even when he wasn't home. No one minded!
- I used to entertain my Smash pals with an irl re-creation of G&W's movement.
- The day several friends and I were to have our first group gathering for Brawl, I was on a walk around town with a friend when both of us walked over what we thought was a dirt mound, only to sink shin-deep in it and realize it was freshly-laid manure. Later on that same trip, we walked through a dip in a hill that was a little flooded from the previous day's rain, and I kicked some object in boredom and splashed both of us. When it was finally Brawl Time, we were filthy.
- When we played Brawl on that same day, I picked Peach, camped far off in New Pork City and did her "la la la" taunt repeatedly. My less Smash-savvy friend didn't know about taunts and thought it was Peach's idle stance and began to assert that the game sucks because of it.
- I gave my Wii and all games to my older brother who lives elsewhere, and recently I was wanting to revisit Brawl when I went through the game case and saw it was the only game missing. Before I could even ask about it, he said, "I still have them all, but oh yeah, Crash Brother took a <expletive>." I assume it was a problem with the dual layer disc :c
-The Wii Fit lady is kind of cute.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
  • .... I tried to get back into Brawl and smash competitive as a whole about 2 years ago but because I relearned that Sheik wasn't as good as I once thought I tried to play another character which made finally admit to myself I love Brawl Sheik more then the entire game...
  • I think I was at my best back in late 08-early 09 and although I did improved as a player until I finally stop in 10 I was overall worst compared to the rest of the community.
  • At one point my love for competitive smash borderline religious faith... at times it still does...
  • Once in a while I think my fingers uncontrollably spazz causing me to do a right pivot on the ground. It's been going on for years and I never notice it happen until I randomly pivot or lose control of my character for a split second in the air. I only notice this while I play smash. It's very concerning and I don't know if I should be worried OR if it's really just all in my head.

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
  • I recently revisited Brawl and it isn't as bad as I remember it
  • I have never been to a tournament before but I do intend to go to some for Smash 4
  • I love all the newcomers so far
  • I'm happy most of the stages have a certain gimmick or hazard now mostly because the hazards won't be there in the final destination mode

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
-While I prefer Melee's mechanics as a whole/for serious play, I still find Brawl's mechanics very enjoyable even in a more serious setting, and as a whole, I think Brawl is a much, MUCH better game than Melee. It just has so much more content and the cast is way more diverse, in part because there are MORE characters, and in part because of the fact it cut down on clones.

-I didn't own any Smash game legally until Brawl came out. Before that, I practiced in Smash 64 in an emulator. I started playing before I ever bought a PC controller, so I actually became really solid with keyboard controls.

-While I have a fair bit of sentimental nostalgia for Smash 64 and a LOT for Brawl, I have next to none for Melee. I still enjoy the game a lot though, and think it's better than Smash 64 overall, and better than Brawl for when I want to play a highly technical match.

-A couple of months ago, I could wave dash and L-Cancel really well in Melee and Project M, but due to neglecting to play them for a while, I can no longer do either effectively, as I discovered when I tried to play Melee the other day. And in general, my Falco game has seriously deteriorated. It's safe to say I can't play especially well in Melee anymore...

-I think Super Smash Flash 2 is as good as any of the official Smash games and I think it deserves it's very own sub-forum here on Smashboards, since Project M got one.

-I'd totally love to see Black Mage in Smash 4 with his exact moveset from SSF2 and similar animations to what he has in that game. I think what they did with him in SSF2 not only makes him a strong fighter with a creative moveset, but one of the most charming examples of how Smash can turn an otherwise cute but fairly soulless mascot, into a completely loveable and endearing character.

-While a lot of people thought I was against Pac-Man being in Smash 4, I never was. I merely felt that he wasn't needed to complete any sort of "big 4 mascots" thing, I thought Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man were a complete trio, and I don't think he is nearly as respectable as the other three, despite being one of the earliest video game mascots, since his franchise has had no real staying power with nothing really keeping people interested in it (yes, Sonic had a rough time once and was only coming out of it before Brawl, but the games still interested people in SOME way, and the character is just really endearing to so many people and has a surprising amount of depth and likability, and he's also well known for his TV shows and comics. And while Mega Man has been getting the shaft from Capcom, there is an obvious demand for more Mega Man games by the public). I was also rubbed the wrong way because most people wanted him for that reason alone, and not because they had creative ideas for movesets or because they even genuinely loved the character (and I never expected people to since Pac-Man is really a soulless mascot character and anytime he's had anything resembling a fleshed out personality to speak of, nobody has really liked it, e.g. Ghostly Adventures). That all being said, I really like Sakurai's take on Pac-Man and I'd go as far as to say I'd love to see him make a Pac-Man adventure game, since I believe he has the power to breathe new life into Pac-Man as a franchise, much like he did to Kid Icarus.

-Subspace Emissary was one of my favourite things to ever be added to the franchise. It had some flaws, but overall, I believe it to be a successful, worthwhile addition to Brawl, and it is a hell of a lot better than Melee's "Adventure" mode (especially since Melee's Adventure mode also made Classic Mode feel redundant). I also don't understand why people dislike the Great Maze. People complain that it's too difficult, too long, or too tedious, but I felt none of these things. It can be completed in 2-3 hours and there are plenty of save points if you want to take a break from it. Honestly, the Great Maze was just as fun as the Great Cave Offensive from Kirby Super Star, if not more fun.

-When Sakurai announced that there will be no story in Smash 4, I was extremely disappointed. It actually killed my hype for a while. However, Rosalina's announcement put me back on the hype train, and she's still one of my most hyped aspects about this game. I haven't been this excited for a character since Sonic being announced for Brawl (with Mega Man being a close second, and Palutena being third).

-I'm actually really excited for Amiibos and am satisfied with their implementation into Smash as they stand now.

-I'm more excited for the prospect of playing Smash Run online than I am for playing regular matches online, at least in relation to the 3DS version.

-I own a physical copy of Melee and Brawl, but I don't own any legal copy of Smash 64.
-I used to thought that Melee was the first Smash Bros game cause the first Smash Bros game I had played was Melee.
- It was the first time I use Internet that I know Smash Bros game even more.
-I always hope that Rosalina will be in Smash Bros even though most people think it was a long shot.( I just don't get it why many people wanted Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr.)
-I used to be a Fox main, but I quit him in Brawl.
-My Brawl is a CD rom which need a hack Wii software loader called uloader to play it. So I can not see most of the SSE video.

Top Bottom