• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash (r)Evolution: A Sydney Tournament

Bjay

Smash Lord
looks that way doesn't it, but it looks fine to me <3 :p

EDIT - you know i'm either all about a few words, one liners or essays

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
All or nothing eh.

Don't see why the Rules should be Different to SCAB (cept w/ 4Stock)

Bjay

Smash Lord
definitely all or nothing zaidou :D

well apparently 4 stock takes too long now, but apparently 3 stock takes long too, I dunno I suppose it'll depend.

But yeah I thought I'd ask now, since I'm curious if there will be any changes, because if this is a Brawl only tourney, we will obviously have more time and things will work out better than they did at SCAB, which means the possibility of 4 stocks?

But yeah I assume Kulla's got everything in mind already, and is probably busy and all that, but just wanted to get this thing going ^_^

Woo! Exciting!

Hmm, I could kill two birds with one stone if I buy Brawl on the day of the tournament. But what if it's sold out? ;o

Dedu

Smash Lord
I'm gunna beat you all and be the number one in this board!
That's my way of smash!

After all, I am Stuart Parnell and I won't lose to the likes of you!
You better believe it!
I will be the number one in this forum!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A well thought out response.
I won't say essay because it was quite quick to read :p. But it was purely a misunderstanding on my half, I myself am semi neutral on smash balls and slightly more hating of other items. Even though I still think all items should be 'on', just having their appearance at 0% (For lovely Dedede and Peach?) [But that's purely small stuff, it's probably more appropriate without it].

Ugh half of those stages are ******** (except Spear Pillar <3333333333).
UGHHHH SPEAR PILLAR, How could that make a level so bloody evil. The amount of times I've gone oh **** as I FALL, OH WAIT WAS IT FALLING? LULZ, I KINDA WENT UP AND KEPT GOING UP, AND I WENT LEFT INSTEAD OF RIGHT, AND RGHus;dfa;fasdksaljfhqffq;ksjf'a. Oh yeh, and the random lovely huge death beam that keeps chasing me.

I'm gunna beat you all and be the number one in this board!
That's my way of smash!

After all, I am Stuart Parnell and I won't lose to the likes of you!
You better believe it!
I will be the number one in this forum!
Psssh, you'll FALL, FALL, FALL.

stuff about 'all or nothing'
I'm more prone to 3 stock, mainly because of the game length thing.

When it comes to rules, I think the familiar no items thing works. However perhaps some items (smash balls included) could make the exception for team battles? (Actually, is there to be a team tournament?)

As you said earlier, a lot of the levels are in better terms, horrid for 1 on 1. However I think nearly all the levels are compatible for team matches.

What are the 'SCAB' rules, just for clarification?

unreon

Smash Ace
well apparently 4 stock takes too long now, but apparently 3 stock takes long too, I dunno I suppose it'll depend.
I'm still sticking to my guns that all Smash games should be 2 stock, four minute games. It's ******** how long we have to play one person every round.

Melee with four stock, three games a set every swiss round already takes at least twenty minutes. Final go for even more matches. And people wonder why we always run out of time when hosting them. We are not USA.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
2 stock is silly sd = loss... i think 4 and 3 stock is good, people just need to organise stuff better.

p.s kulla i accepted your invitation

forky

Smash Apprentice
I'm still sticking to my guns that all Smash games should be 2 stock, four minute games. It's ******** how long we have to play one person every round.

Melee with four stock, three games a set every swiss round already takes at least twenty minutes. Final go for even more matches. And people wonder why we always run out of time when hosting them. We are not USA.
Excuse me ... but times in smash is not something magically unique to the game. The reason we go overtime at times is because the (not pointning fingers) tournament organizers are not doing their job on the day.

The officials need to be running around, yelling at people to make sure games are moving as scheduled, and on time. This is why the last smash revolution ran on time (over 9-10 hours, we were within 10 minutes of schedule the entire day)

There just need to be proper restirctions placed. Friendlies are for after, but tournament's do not have time for friendlies. Especially now with Brawl.

We are thinking to trial 4 stock this time around, to get in before 3 stock brawl matches get locked into stone. Personally i prefer 4 stock, but there is a lot of controversy. Since this tourmament has no melee aspect, we have more time to test if 4 stock games are viable for a tournament (time related)

However, just impressing how important the actual running of the tournament is. That's what dictates how close to "on time" it is, nothing to do with the format.

And note: This is Kulla's tournament this time around, obviously my hands will be involved and i will definately be on everyone on the day, trying to keep **** moving etc. But we will post a comprehensive list of rules etc before the day - hopefully give you guys some notice. Kulla wont be anywhere in sight for a few days due to MGS4 releasing.

Bjay

Smash Lord
True - Kulla would be away since MGS4 is out, that's cool and totally understandable.

Well take your time, I'm just quite curious about the details of the tournament :p To think is tournament is approximately 2 and a half weeks away! Exciting ^_^

I was gonna copy and paste the rules for you Shaya but Stu seems to have removed them. Basically it's like RAMBO's rules, but with a slightly edited version, in terms of stages that is.

Stu sounds like a fusion of Ash Ketchum and Naruto, hahaha.

Spear Pillar is awesome <3 (except for Cresselia)

Don't worry Tom I don't think Single Elim will happen ever again, the fact that it occurred is not surprising...but yeah I hope something like that won't ever happen again >_>

if it's Brawl only, then there's sure to be more swiss rounds.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I choose you Pikachu!

I will beat the Elite four and be the world's best Pokemon Master!

I will be the next hokage! I will not turn my back on my words!

forky

Smash Apprentice
Surely 4 stock can work if its brawl only - perhaps organisers need some kind of whip to keep things moving?
No they don't. Just need motivation to do what they promise the players, instead of playing the game themselves.

I make a promise to this community. Any tournament run by me, or affiliated with me, will NEVER

and i stress with these emotion faces > :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:NEVER EVER NEVER EVER :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Will we have single elimination again. EVER. Last time we had to make that call due to 2.5hours worth of lateness, so it was either have a winner via ****ty medium, or base a winner on swiss (which we should have since it was kulla, and we knew then :( ) but .... yeah we called single elim.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say Fork, and Kulla (the next time He Shows Up) Thanks for setting up this Tourney. Should I Bring BRAWL?

forky

Smash Apprentice
Guys please bare along with us here.

We will have all solid information posted by midnight tonight. It would've been done last night but Risk won the day over typing ****.

Kulla & I will sit down later on and get all this information together.

I will write up a schedule (will be very similar to our previous Revolution schedule)

Any concerns or questions regarding rule sets need to be posted ... well today or tommorow. If you have any suggestions please post them ASAP (Keep in mind we are looking at a Brawl only, 4 stock tourney)

PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST MELEE TO BE INCLUDED IN TOURNAMENT GAMES. AS MUCH AS WE'D LOVE TO, DUE TO PREVIOUS EXPIERIENCE, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN A ONE DAY TOURNAMENT TO RUN BOTH MELEE AND BRAWL.

I would rather have one good tournament, with a good few swiss rounds of brawl, rather than half-*** both.

Also - make sure you check up smashboards bright and early (9am) wednesday. A HUGE announcement is happening 9am this coming Wednesday.

Won't spoil it. Everyone look keen!

forky

Smash Apprentice
A HUGE anouncement! :O
Suggestion: Deal with the bagel place for cheap bagels, or is it sandwitches...cheap something :p
Unfortunately not an option this time with the Bagel place, but i will look into it.

and yes ...

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! *eerie music*

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'm excited.

lol the eerie music reminds me of when there was creepy music being played on the radio when I was with Cao, Sam and Stu.

Anywho - assuming we will have 4 stock, we will have an 8 minute timer yeah?

Personally I'm not fussy, I can't wait to see the details, schedule, rule set, etc.

Exciting stuff ^_^

unreon

Smash Ace
Hopefully the deal is that PS3's are now only $100 from RevoCD. It's so you can spend the $500 leftover on five MGS4's. Which everyone should do.

GO!

*MGS still unplayed ='(

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
My cousin in America is waiting tentatively for me to give her the okay.

Once I do she presses the big red button and it'll be shipped to me by the end of the week. So close, so far T_T
At least you get the limited edition. The price for that in Australia was $169.95. Thats so expensive.

unreon

Smash Ace
No kidding, haha. I'm getting LE and Burnout Paradise for $120. :D

But we digress, I think I'm hijacking all Sydney threads blabbering about MGS4. Hope the tournament will turnout really well Kulla!

(MGS4!)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Le Paradiso is a cool game.
A friend of mine has GTA 4 on PS3 - can't wait to try that game out ;)
I'll try to convince him to get MGS4

...If only PS3s were cheaper than $300.00.
W/E I got a new computer and its 100% decent.
Runs Crysis like there's no tomorrow <333

(Crysis indeed, MGS4 taking over Smash!)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Le Paradiso is a cool game.
A friend of mine has GTA 4 on PS3 - can't wait to try that game out ;)
I'll try to convince him to get MGS4

...If only PS3s were cheaper than $300.00.
W/E I got a new computer and its 100% decent.
Runs Crysis like there's no tomorrow <333

(Crysis indeed, MGS4 taking over Smash!)
To counter this take-over, I'll vs you in Brawl online!

is anyone else picking up stu's naruto references? :p
No. I don't, or never have, watched/read a bad anime/manga such as Naruto.
I see pokemon references. THAT IS ALL.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Believe me.
I thought Naruto was ****e.
Till a friend recommended I start watching it on youtube.

I luv it now. It is heaps better than Pokemon and Dragonball Z.
Naruto sounds like Ash in Pokemon but the story *****.
Theres heaps of good moments in that show!

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear owns my soul...sorry guys big post coming tonight, for now some quick info...

Its on the Sunday registration starts at 10, $5 entry for the day, prizes only for singles, gonna try four stock, stages will be the same as in SCAB, cept i want to think about having pokemon stadium 2 in there so maybe discuss that...

But yeah...big post later tonight

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'd rather not have Pokemon Stadium 2, or at least just have it as a counterpick.

Personally imo if you have Pokemon Stadium 2, you have Pokemon Stadium 1 as well!

Hoho yayyyy details details :)

Fun-Gi

Smash Rookie
Metal Gear owns my soul...sorry guys big post coming tonight, for now some quick info...

Its on the Sunday registration starts at 10, $5 entry for the day, prizes only for singles, gonna try four stock, stages will be the same as in SCAB, cept i want to think about having pokemon stadium 2 in there so maybe discuss that...

But yeah...big post later tonight
Sorry to sound like a n00b, but what was the stageset in SCAB?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
lame stages... i propose fd bf ys sv andddd that stage where u fight on the back of the ship and thatll do. yep sounds great oh and delfino plaza isnt too bad

Top Bottom